Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I ran outside last night and it was wonderful! I am not a big runner, but I am bound and determined to be dedicated to doing it a few times per week because I think it will really help tone/slim my disgusting thighs. It was actually really relaxing for once

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Height: 5'1"

TGIF!!

Back down to 151.0 this morning. Took a Zumba-like class called Groove last night. It was soooo fun! I sucked... totally but I was smiling like the whole time. Plus the hour went by super fast. And best of all I wore my heartrate monitor and had an average heartrate of 150. Whoop whoop! Thats better than on the elliptical for me. I'm definately going back. Hopefully I'll get better over time.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Height: 5'1"

Does anyone else have/use a heartrate monitor? I got the polar one that connects to your ipod. I love it!!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

WTG gals!

Weighed in today and my weight hasn't budged....grrr. I'm working out, eating right...MOVE scale. Sigh.

Ally- I've never used a heart rate monitor but it sounds like a good idea. Does it go around your wrist?

Happy Friday, all. I'm slightly bummed at my job...looks like I will be working this weekend. It just sucks because I had time to do the tasks they want me to do this weekend over the course of this week but no one bothered to tell me about the tasks until late last night/early this morning. I hope I don't have to cancel my massage.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Ally: I just had my first Zumba class on Monday! I love it!! I don't have a heart rate monitor, but I do have an iPhone...it sound intriguing. Please tell me more.

As for me: I saw 150.2 again this morning! I really hope this means I'll be seeing 149 soon!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #36  

tropica- are you doing any better with the obsessing? I'm doing 100% better and it is so freeing! I only weigh like once a week or so just to make sure I'm not gaining and have pretty much been holding steady so we will see if my new found attitude/re-commitment to working out seems to help...
Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 168/139/130

Height: 5'8"

Finally saw 140 this week Have been a steady 140 on the scales for the last three days so to my mind I'm definately there! Soo happy because it feels like I've been in the 140s for years and it was my original goal.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #38  

LindsB: I have been doing better about the "obsessing". Actually, I've been doing some reading (parts of my research focus is actually on stress and copying) and came across something interesting.

According to Carver, Scheier, and Fulford (2008), certain situational cues, such as expecting a desired outcome (e.g., weight loss) to be unfavorable, can result in repetitive negative rumination, which focuses on self-doubt and perceptions of inadequacy. These types of experiences are obviously unpleasant, but can also impair performance.

Therefore, there is some literature out there implying that obsessing/negative rumination could possibly impair weight loss performance. This may be one reason why we were not losing...I don't know. I'm sure there is a biological explanation as well, I'm just not aware of it.

Last edited by tropica; 04-01-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #39  

I just had to run a quick errand at a client's office and when I got into the elevators in their buildling my reflection looked like a huge FAT cow!!!! I am praying to God they were distorted mirrors because if I really look that big IDK what I'm going to do!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsB View Post
I just had to run a quick errand at a client's office and when I got into the elevators in their buildling my reflection looked like a huge FAT cow!!!! I am praying to God they were distorted mirrors because if I really look that big IDK what I'm going to do!!!!
I'm sure it was something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thin girl lookin in mirror.jpg (22.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #41  

Tropica- I sure hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #42  

Tropica- Interesting about the research. Makes sense when you think about it, doesn't it? Our bodies are amazing (and stubborn) things but it would make perfect sense why, during times of stress, our bodies would equate that to a potential shortfall in food coming (and, thus, the need to retain fat storages in the body).

Linds- Mirrors are funny things...I'm sure the one you ran into was an odd one because I'm 100% positive you do not look like a fat cow.

Weighed in today after trying a new workout DVD (Biggest Loser: Last Chance Work Out)- 154.4! Only 1lb this week but I'll take it. I'm trying to alternate the DVDs at random to keep my body guessing but it is still slow going.

As an aside, any one else do the Last Chance Workout DVD? I really like the changing of intervals in the HITT format and my body can feel the burn today.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #43  

sweet- Thanks! Tell me more about the Last Chance Workout DVd? Is it Bob? How long is it? What does it focus on?

I just got back from a morning run with my doggie. It was nice. I pushed myself further than last time and plan to continue to do so. I love having sore legs. It makes me feel like it's helping! I'm hungry now though! I ate oatmeal for breakfast so i'm trying to hold out until 11:30-12 for a spinach salad- yummy!

Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #44  

Linds- Sounds fabulous! What kind of dog do you have? How old is he/she? I got my 10.5 month old pup (a Great Pyrenees) in part because I wanted to have someone to walk with...unfortunately for me he is beyond naughty on the leash (and at 90lbs that means no serious walks for us till I get him "trained" on the leash). Was your dog easy to leash train? Mine has graduated two puppy classes already but, like most Pyrs, conveniently "forgets" the commands when he chooses. The next class we take will be focused solely on getting your dog to behave outside with all the distractions (starts in May).

Last Chance Workout is with Jillian (and she is a brat on the DVD like most of her DVDs) but it works just about every muscle group (plank work, lunges, cardio and lifting weights). I like the fact that it changes things up like every 30 seconds or so. I've only tried it once so far but will try it again over the course of this week and let you know what I think overall.

Thankfully I didn't have to work today- meetings ended up being scheduled for Sunday- so I got my massage and it was FABULOUS. My muscles were so sore and now they are like butter. So nice.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #45  

Sweet- I have 2 dogs. Lady is a Golden Retriever (i ran with her today). She is right at 2 years old. I also have a pomeranian chihuahua mix (Chase). Lady was pretty easy to leash train. I used Cesar Milan techniques with her. I would suggest catching some epidsodes of his show or youtube to see how he does leash training. It is sort of hard to explain! Chase is easy to control considering he is only 11ish lbs! He has to wear a harness though. Maybe you should try a gentle leader leash?!

I'm jealous of your massage! Hubs promised to give me one this evening though.

Let me know your thoughts on Last Chance Workout next time you try it. How long is it?
Closed Thread