Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #76  

WeightforMe - Im in the same prediciment, I want to lower my goal to 130 but I dont want to change my ticker just yet either. I feel it'll be more encouraging if I can make it to my original goal and then set another one after that. Good luck to you!! You're so close
Old 04-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Height: 5'1"

Tropica - I've been keeping track of you too... you're doing really good. We are about at the same weight but you got an inch on me! lol Today is only the first time i've seen 14-anything so hopfully it sticks for tomorrow. Last time I was losing weight I made it all the way down to 145 (which is my first goal) for literally two days only lol.

SweetChicagoGal - Thank you!! How's Jillian treating you?

WeightForMe - I am really just going to do it the 3 times a week. Mon/Wed/Friday... I have done it before in a more structured program with a coach and stuff. If you stick with it you will be shocked how quickly you get the hang of it. Like the first time each week is killer, the next hard but not quite as bad, then the last piece of cake. Then you start over. There were a couple weeks, especially a bit farther in, that I seriously wasn't ready to go to the next level after one week. There is nothing wrong with repeating a week at all. Oh! And you should actually sign up for a 5k race so you have something to look forward to/ train for.

I know how you feel about the weight goal too... according to weight loss charts little shorties like you, me, and Tropica have such looowww healthy weights. Like for me 132 is the MAXIMUM I'm supposed to weigh. I don't even know if I can get that low. Sometimes I can't imagine losing another 17lbs. But... then I see a picture of myself and think "damn straight I have another 20 lbs to lose!" I'm shooting for 145 first (my doctor said that would be a good weight for me)... then 132 "healthy weight range" my ultimate dream goal number though is 125.

Last edited by AllyBride2011; 04-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Ally- Jillian is kicking my butt every other day or so (I'm doing the treadmill on the other days). I actually was looking forward to 30DS last night because I was getting sore from Last Chance Work Out...until I started it and remembered that it is just as difficult but just in a different way.

WeightforMe- I hear you. If I'm honest, my goal is to be solidly in the 120s but I'm not sure its attainable for me and don't want to set expectations I can't realistically hit.

I'm so tired today. I didn't get any sleep last night because of my dog (barking, panting, pacing, jumping on the bed, etc.). He must be going through an adolescent stage or something (he is not quite 11 months). Took him outside at 2 a.m. thinking that would help and there would be no other dogs outside only to have two dogs come out of no where. My dog bolted towards them and I lost my balance completely and had to drop the leash. Thankfully he just wanted to say "hello" to the other dogs and didn't run away or run in the street. He is being the BIGGEST brat lately.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Weighed myself today...146.9. I'll take it. As long as that number is going down Im fine with my progress
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

WeightforMe, Ally: I'm considering the same thing for my GW for once I get close. I mean, it would be amazing for me to hit 125 lbs because that's lower than I've been in my adult life, but it's still a bit high for my height considering that I have a small frame. I'm kind of feeling like now that I know that controlling my carb intake works for me that maybe it would be possible and comfortable to go lower. I definitely want to see 125 lbs first though before I reevaluate. Maybe at that point I'll switch to body fat percentage or athletic accomplishments as my goals instead of weight.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #81  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Hello ladies! I've been staying pretty consisten for the past few weeks (moving out of our apartment has been rough on me) and yet I haven't gained so that's good! Stepepd on the scale today and was down another pound to 157.4 instead of 158.8 so pretty excited about that but going to wait until Monday to change ticker since that is my regular weigh in date. Hopefully I can drop another pound since I've just been staying level for teh past 2 weeks. Here's to getting there! I would LOVE to see 150 on the scale by the end of April. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE TO!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #82  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree totally on the goal weight. My real goal weight is lower than 135, but I just couldn't look at a bigger loss than 20lb right now. Even this 15 still to go seems just short of impossible some days...

ERHR - Can I ask what kind of carb numbers you are sticking to? My calories have been in range for a long while now and nothing is happening. I think I might be eating many carbs. Not a hugely over, but enough to slow things down.

Seems like a lot of us are on the cusp of 14-something, good luck on breaking through this week ladies!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I'm with ALL of you on the goal weight! I would prob look better around 125, but I can't even say below 144 to save my soul and cal counting was making me insane so all I can do is focus on fitness and smart eating right now. It is obviously not working for much weightloss, but i'm not gaining. UGH. I just need a diet time out! If I could just see 139 I would be super excited!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #84  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2''

Still here trying to get out of the 150's/140's. I got as low as 144 then started eating like crap and not exercising at all. I was 155, now I am down to 151.6 as of this morning. I'm with LindsB - 139 would be just lovely. I've eaten really good all week and worked out Tues & Wed, will be doing it again today and Saturday. Sunday too. I've learned I cannot go home before working out otherwise I get too comfy and don't want to anymore. Every time I think I don't wanna go, I just think "You'll never get under 150/140 if you don't go!!!"
Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

MissJessica - I don't have a daily target for total carb grams. All I try to do is eat at least 25 g of fiber and less than 15 g of sugar and the total sort of falls where it will. Here are my daily averages for the month of March: 79.3 g carbs, 28.4 g fiber, 11.2 g sugar. I've actually been able to up my daily calories since I switched to a carb-controlled diet - I've lost weight faster and I'm much more satisfied!

Last edited by ERHR; 04-07-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #86  

Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Thursday!

I did my Week 1 Day 2 of C25k last night. Same thing as last time 6.0 for the run and 3.3 for the walk. The 2nd to last run I did at 7.0 and the last run I did at 8.0. Then I continued running and walking until I got to 5k. Its crazy to me that at one time not so very long ago running was such a HARD workout for me. Now my C25k days are my easy days lol. Tonight I am going to the gym and am going to do a Zumba class. Did one last week and it was really fun. Good workout too.

Weighed in at 148.8 today... so it stuck! whoo hooo!! Not too excited though because I have SERIOUS challenge this weekend and I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to an out of town training for work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I'll be staying 3 nights in the hotel and having all of my meals served to me for free. I have no idea what they are serving or how I'm gonna count it. I'm planning on exercising in my free time. I am going to see if there is a gym and I did hear there is some opportunities for hiking ect. But I'm sooo nervous. I guess my plan right now is to see if there is a gym. Work out tomorrow before I leave at like 6am. Get out and exercise while I'm there (I think the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend) and ask the hotel to put a fridge in my room so I can bring healthy snacks? If not, I'll have to figure out healthy snacks that dont need a fridge. ANY ADVICE!!?? HELP!!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #87  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'8

Hey guys...I weighed in at 159 this morning so I will be moving over here
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #88  

Welcome Hiswifeylee! Congrats on the change of "decade"!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Welcome Hiswifeylee!!! Congratulations!

Ally: The last couple of times I've tried to lose weight, I get to 145 too and then gain it back. So, when I hit 144, that will be my lowest weight in about 2 or 3 years!

I've set my goal to 125, but I would love to see 115 (what I weighed when I was 15 and what's still on my drivers license, hee hee; Stupid me for thinking I was fat back then!). Anyway, I'll have to see what I look like at 125...and reevaluate. My family (husband, mom, grandmother) all think that is waaaaay to thin for me, but we'll see.

I AM going to move past 145 this time!!!

As for me today: I saw 148.0 on the scale this morning! I'm not sure if that number will stay, but it made me happy. Yesterday, I saw my reflection and was actually like, "Hey, I'm not fat; I'm kinda cute and curvy." I want more days like these.

Last edited by tropica; 04-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #90  

I agree with your family that 115 is awfully little!! But everyone is different. Who knows maybe I'll feel different about it when I get there. I've only ever gotten to 145 and that is the same or smaller than I was in high school.

"As for me today: I saw 148.0 on the scale this morning! I'm not sure if that number will stay, but it made me happy. Yesterday, I saw my reflection and was actually like, "Hey, I'm not fat; I'm kinda cute and curvy." I want more days like these. "

congrats on the loss! you're truckin now!! And ps. everyday should be like this... you aren't fat... you ARE cute and curvy. That reminds me I'm gonna go look through that photo thread and see if I can find any of you lovely ladies.

For the shorty girls that are about my height... what size jeans are you wearing now? Sizes are so weird.... mine seems to be changing so slowly.
Closed Thread