Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #91  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm hopin 2 get outta the 150's by the beginnin of May but it would be gr8 to get out by the end of this mnth. We'll see what happens I'm at 158.8 lbs rite now.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

115 may be too tiny...I got down to 118 my first year of college because of a serious breakup and everyone said I looked awful! However, that could have been due to the fact I was very sad and depressed. I guess I will just have to post pictures and have you wonderful ladies help me decide when that day comes.

As for pictures...I have never posted any. I love the before and after pictures, but I don't see any real changes on me. Plus, it's kinda embarrassing . However, one of these days, hopefully soon, I will add some. I really enjoy looking at other peoples! It's very motivating!

As for jean sizes, they are weird. Right now my 12s are baggy and really don't look very flattering on me. Today, I am wearing 10s and they're a little tight in the waist, but not too bad (plus, I may be use to my huge 12s ) Yesterday, I wore my 8s and they were tight when I first put them on, but loosened up a little throughout the day. So, I would say I'm probably around a 10.

Last edited by tropica; 04-07-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Ally- I'm a size 6 or 8 depending on brand.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #94  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm a solid 8 in jeans. Can't wait for my stomach to get smaller, 6's fit well as long as I don't button them

ERHR - Thanks! That's kind of funny because late last night I changed my.fitness.pal app to new goals of 20g of fiber and 20g of sugar, very close! I put in 120 as a carb limit. 20g of sugar is not a lot, wow! I don't eat a ton of junk, and still it added up quickly. I can see how if I kept the sugar at the right number, total carbs really couldn't be that high. Do you have favorite fiber sources?

mjluva829 - Good luck this month!

tropica - Great job on 148!

hiswifeylee09 - Welcome and well done on getting out of the 160's!

thelittleflower - Keep up the good workouts! I have the same thing with the gym, especially if it's raining hard outside (I walk to my gym). There's no way I'd make it so often if I didn't go right after work.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Last weekend I went down from my American Eagle 12s (quite a forgiving brand, for me) to some Gap 10s. It's funny how we're so similar in height and weight but wear different sizes! In another 5-10 lbs I'll probably fit into an AE 8 but I've never been a 6 in my life.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #96  

MissJessica,

Indeed I do. I have a few go-to foods to make sure I get a lot of fiber from my carb-heavy meals - I actually should branch out a bit and add some new recipes in. Here are my regulars:

- La Tortilla Factory Smart and Healthy tortillas, which I usually eat with cheese and some kind of meat (12 g of fiber per tortilla!)
- split pea and ham soup, which I make in our slow-cooker (around 12 g of fiber per cup)
- spinach salad with black beans and tomatoes (10 g of fiber)
- chili with beef, 3 types of beans, tomato, and some other vegetables, also made in our slow cooker (8 g of fiber per cup)
- avocado, which I've been eating with tuna fish (13.5 g of fiber per fruit)
- oatmeal, which is not as fiber-dense but still a staple for me (2 g of fiber per half-serving [I flavor it with peanut butter instead of fruit or sugar or whatever, which adds a little more fiber.]
- high-fiber snacks: walnuts, blackberries

Best of luck!

Last edited by ERHR; 04-07-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default hey

Hi all-

I know some of you from the daily weigh in board! I am at 155 right now, and I would love to say goodbye to the 150s! LOL. By the end of the month, I have a tentative goal to get to 150, but overall, I want to weigh 150 before my sister's wedding on May 14th. But if I get before that cool, then it's onto the 140s with everyone here (hopefully)

Geez---the 140s---that's a number I haven't seen since I was fourteen years old. It will be very exciting to see that change if I can get there, it seems so strange to think that I could---anyone else can resonate?

Ally---That sounds SO scary! Three days away with not knowing what you can eat. I'd say, stay away from dressing if they offer you salads. That's a good rule to follow. Don't eat portions of meat larger than the palm of your hand. If you have the option between beef, chicken, or shrimp---always choose the shrimp. Just take it easy! Maybe try caloriecount for the three days you are away, so that you know you are staying at about 1500 with exercise?

If you can't exercise, just try to get out of the hotel room and walk around for two hours everyday. ---that can burn about 300-400 calories!

thelittleflower- LOL, getting home from work and working out NEVER happens for me. Luckily, I work in the evenings, so I can do my workouts before work. I reccommend trying to get up earlier and fitting it into your schedule. It's what I have to do sometimes if I have to go to work in the mornings. B/C working out in the evenings just doesn't happen for me. It's gotten that bad. LOL.

However, if you get out before the sunsets, you can manage to do a good workout, it's just about getting into the routine. I reccommend not eating anything heavy at lunch or in the afternoon---then the second you get home, train yourself to start your workout. After a couple months, your body will know it needs to do its thang.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #98  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl111 View Post
Hi all-

I know some of you from the daily weigh in board! I am at 155 right now, and I would love to say goodbye to the 150s! LOL. By the end of the month, I have a tentative goal to get to 150, but overall, I want to weigh 150 before my sister's wedding on May 14th. But if I get before that cool, then it's onto the 140s with everyone here (hopefully)

Geez---the 140s---that's a number I haven't seen since I was fourteen years old. It will be very exciting to see that change if I can get there, it seems so strange to think that I could---anyone else can resonate?

Ally---That sounds SO scary! Three days away with not knowing what you can eat. I'd say, stay away from dressing if they offer you salads. That's a good rule to follow. Don't eat portions of meat larger than the palm of your hand. If you have the option between beef, chicken, or shrimp---always choose the shrimp. Just take it easy! Maybe try caloriecount for the three days you are away, so that you know you are staying at about 1500 with exercise?

If you can't exercise, just try to get out of the hotel room and walk around for two hours everyday. ---that can burn about 300-400 calories!

thelittleflower- LOL, getting home from work and working out NEVER happens for me. Luckily, I work in the evenings, so I can do my workouts before work. I reccommend trying to get up earlier and fitting it into your schedule. It's what I have to do sometimes if I have to go to work in the mornings. B/C working out in the evenings just doesn't happen for me. It's gotten that bad. LOL.

However, if you get out before the sunsets, you can manage to do a good workout, it's just about getting into the routine. I reccommend not eating anything heavy at lunch or in the afternoon---then the second you get home, train yourself to start your workout. After a couple months, your body will know it needs to do its thang.
Just wanna say........I worked out tonight! 45 mins on the elliptical! That's 3 workouts in a row: walked the dog for 45 mins Tuesday, lifted weights yesterday, then 45 mins cardio today Following that up with a little nature walk with my best friend tomorrow night, then cardio + weights Saturday.

Have to hit it extra hard Saturday...because I plan on a lot of drinking that night lol!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #99  

My biggest challenge today wil be getting 30 day shred in! IT's friday and I will want to just come home and 'play'!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #100  

Im so frustrated!! My scale is bouncing around for 153 to 156 and anywhere in between that, back and forth back and forth nothing stable. Im so discouraged because Im working out hard at the gym, taking different classes to switch up my workout, and I even started running. Ughh =((

By the way my jeans size is 8 womens or 7 juniors (the 9s I can still wear but they are a bit baggy). =)) Im 5'4 if that helps for comparison
Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #101  

Trust me Lilly, I feel your pain! I have been bouncing between 144-147 for MONTHS!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #102  

Wow, I lost 2 lbs this week! (Friday is my compare-it-to-last-week day.) I feel like I'm truckin' through the 140s after being stuck in the 150s for so long.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 187/184/114

Height: 5"0'

Decided to join this chat since I'm trying to get down to 150 and I feel like the 140's are just going to be slow and drawn out...150s has been super fast since I plateud forever at 160 and have been losing steadly since then! I'm just hoping I don't get stuck at 150.

So as of right now I'm 153.8...only a pound away from my short term goal! T_T;
Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #104  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

Today is going well, but I'm not sure about my workout tonight. It's so nice outside so I almost feel guilty wasting a nice evening indoors, but I'd much prefer to go to the gym than run outside. Usually I'm all about being outside, but not today... hmmm, we'll see. I'm a girl, maybe my mood will change later

ERHR - Woo woo! 2lb is fantastic! And thank you! I think you've just planned my menu for the next few weeks

LiLLy19 - Right there with you as well! For no apparent reason things are up, down, up down... Keep at it, the scale will have to comply one day if you stick with it!

Today 11:35 AM
LindsB My biggest challenge today wil be getting 30 day shred in! IT's friday and I will want to just come home and 'play'!

thelittleflower - Well done on getting your workout in! And for advance planning to make sure it happens Saturday

librarygirl111 - "Geez---the 140s---that's a number I haven't seen since I was fourteen years old." Resonating with you 100%! I don't really remember that number - when I was 16 I went from 135-150 straight away. I did train like crazy though with sports and weight training, so my size didn't change, but the scale sure did! I can't wait actually enjoy the 140's this time
Old 04-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #105  

LindsB - Im glad you understand what I am going through. Usually I would quit in a situation like this but Im trying to beat this wall!!! We can do it )

ERHR - congrats!! I hope I can say the same for the 140s when I get there. Being stuck in one place is no fun

PandaSmasher - yay for almost reaching your mini goal! I bet you'll breeze right through

MissJessica - thanks for the encouragement!! My husband is telling me the same thing. Helps me to stay focused when I hear that!! )

librarygirl111 - When I was 14 I was also in the 140-145 range and I remember obsessing over my weight thinking I was huge. ughh I'd love to be back at that weight right about now
Closed Thread