Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #1  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

Unhappy Having a down day

For some reason today I'm having a negative day. You know, one of those days that you just want to throw in the towel on the whole weight loss thing. The weirdest thing is I have had positive results lately. I've got all my ducks in a row; following a low fat, 1600 calorie nutritiously balanced diet (based on my BMR), alternating cardio and weight training for 40-60 mins every day. And in the last week and a half, I've dropped 6 lbs, my clothes are baggier, and even my boyfriend commented that my face and love handles look slimmer. But I still feel negative today. Has anyone else experienced this? It's so strange. I'm chalking it up to normal weight loss ups and downs. I hope. I still forced myself to work out today though lol.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey

Sorry your having such a day. I can't speak for anyone else but myself - and I have those days ALL THE TIME!! lol

I don't know if this will help, but this helps me on those kinds of days:
-Make a list (however long, however short) of the reason WHY you have put yourself on this journey. When you;re finished making the list, keep it somewhere that you can always go back and refer to it on these kinds of days. Remind yourself why it's important to stay focused and motivated.
-Call a friend or family member. They know how great you have been doing and will be a great confidence booster.
-Read success stories! O. M. G . That ALWAYS HELPS ME! lol I sit there sometimes and think about how " I will never lose weight", but I read about girls just like me that have struggled just as I have.
-Find a buddy. Whether it is locally or online. Find someone who is also dieting. Support each other, share stories, challenge one another, and keep each other updated with any progress.

Keep your chin up. You can do this
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm right there with you!! I've been *forcing* myself to be positive - I have been kind of plateaued for a while, and it's difficult to keep a good attitude when it feels like my hard work's not paying off. Honestly, the only thing that helps me is to keep telling myself what I've accomplished so far. And I see that you're already exercising - working out ALWAYS puts me in a better mood (I mean, afterwards, obviously. I curse everything under the sun during a workout). Also - coming here helps tremendously!! Try to think positively (easier said than done, I know) and I'm sure you'll get out of this funk.
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #4  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Yah im there too..ive been having a crappy day as well even though there have been positives... I dont know what it is..just feel so negative and moppy even though there is no reason for it..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I hope today is a better day! *Hugs*
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

I hear that. For me it's been the last couple of days, probably something to do with the crummy weather. Just like you, I've been solidly on track so I don't think it's related to weight loss.

My guess is it's not really about the idea of "weight loss", just that it's your biggest target on a day where you don't feel motivated to do anything. What's worked in the past for me, is I change up my workout routine so it doesn't feel stagnant.

- If you usually work out in the morning, try it in the afternoon..
- Change the types of exercises you're doing..
- Start doing them outside or if a different room..

Either way, hang in there!

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #7  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes the adrenaline from being negative can get you worked up to being positive. :P I get angry at myself all the time for telling myself negative things...

Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #8  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

Thanks for all of the advice and thoughts! I feel a TON better today. Yesterday was just an off day for me in the weight loss department. I'm definitely glad I'm not the only one that experiences these random lows. Martha- your idea about reading success stories etc. is exactly what usually makes me feel better.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote