Old 03-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Beach Bound in 2011 (Summer Goals)

This thread go whichever direction.. a challenge or just chatter. My summer goal will be to look good/feel confident in a bikini this year (putting this in writing to hold myself to it) My plan of action will be eating cleaner (cut down on/quit fast food again), drink more water and exercise 3-5 hours a week. I'm currently doing the 20-Somethings March Daily Weigh-in and Exercise Challenge for accountability.

So what's your summer goal and how do you intend to get there?
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I don't know if I'll ever feel bikini-ready, but I would like to feel confident enough in a swimsuit that I don't detag every pic on Facebook from a lake weekend. :-)

I would also like to not look like thunder thighs in shorts. I'm getting closer every day.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Summer goals...
1. Wear short skirts without completely relying on my DH's constant reaffirmations of my hotness. I want to be confident in them!
2. Walk around in a bikini.
3. Wear shorts!

Plan of Action:
1. Strength Training! I'm confident that will lose several inches and tighten everything up nicely.
2. More activity as the weather gets nicer. Specifically longer dog walks and riding my bike to and from the gym.
3. Accept that I will not lose everything overnight. I have to accept that healthy food choices and consistent exercise will get the job done. I just have to be patient enough to let it happen!

I'm in ladies! A lot can be done in a few months!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi y'all!

Razorbackbritt, I read an AOL article today that had different/pretty one-piece swimsuits... it doesn't have to be two-piece.. and different stuff works for different bodies. I doubt I could wear a monokini, but the swimdresses are pretty.

Here's the article in case anyone wants swimsuit ideas/inspiration:
"Sexy One Piece Swimsuits Under $50"

prepping, I love your goals and you P.o.A. sounds good Like you said, "A lot can be done in a few months". We have at least 2-3 months til summer, so we have time to make changes and see results.

Good luck to EVERYONE!
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #5  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

My body definitely isn't going to be bikini-ready by summer, but I'm hoping to at least have dropped a size by then. It's going to take a lot to get me down a size, but I'm prepared to get there by:
-Sticking to my eating plan
-Walking more, generally being more active in my daily life
-Yoga, strength training, walking at least a mile every day, maybe mixing in some 30 Day Shred

We'll see how far I get by the time summer sneaks its way up here.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #6  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Ideally I would like to get down to 150lbs by my 24th birthday which is June 9th. I'll also be going on vacation the next week so I think that's a good goal for June.
Other goals:

-increase my activity
-have thighs that don't rub together at the top (I hate this and it gives me a rash)
-increase weight lifting before summer so I'm more toned for hot weather clothes
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #7  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Ahhh... perfect for me. Just found out I'm going on a beach vacation with my Dad, Stepmother, and my stepmother's kids. Her kids are skinny and maybe a little judgmental. Sigh.

I want to be able to confidently wear shorts, summer dresses, and a swimsuit on the beach.

To accomplish this I will need to stick to my healthy eating plan, and get serious about exercise. I'm thinking it's time to finally commit to C25K.
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #8  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Hmmm...well, I've been rocking the bikini for a while now and I even have worked out topless including jogging. O.o I was feeling confident that day. Anyways, summer goals for me will be to get to a healthy weight 174 and hopefully below that mark to about 168. Afterall, summer begins mid-June?
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

I'm hoping that I will have hit my goal weight by then and have started the maintaing & toning process by the summer! As for a bikini..won't happen for a LONGG time..i HAVE way too many stretch marks on my belly for that.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #10  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

To be able to wear cute summer dresses/tops and shorts without flabby arms or thighs. I want to wear a bikini in the summer with confidence. I'm going to vegas with my cousins and friends, so I want to be able to go in the pools without hesitation.

I'm starting to see definition in my arms, stomach and thighs. I need to work on my butt and back.

Ugh, easier said than done. But I've been doing well for the past couple of months. Let's see if I can stick with it! =)
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I would LOVE to get in a bikini by the end of summer! It's just hard at this point to know if it's attainable, since there's not a specific weight that I know I'll be comfortable in one. I'm doing the 30DS (20 days left!!) and I don't really have a plan for after that - I might do Turbo Jam, but I haven't decided yet.

At the very least, my goal is to be 150 for my college graduation in the middle of May. Maybe (unlikely) I'll be bikini ready by then. If not, I will definitely be tankini ready!!
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #12  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Goals
-Rock short shirts with tank tops
-stop m thighs from rubbing together
-be more physically and socially active
-get into yoga

Plan of action
-burn the fat off my @$$ with HIIT, strength, and circuit training
-have a diet consisting mostly of things that grew out of the ground and had a mother (i.e. no Hostess Zingers...mmmm)
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #13  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

By the end of summer I want to:
Complete Couch to 5K training
run the NY Urban Dare race
run at least 3 5Ks, and at least 3 longer distance races
Be well into training for the Diva Half Marathon
Register for the Diva Half
Have 100 blog followers
Be down to 160 pounds or less

Plan of action:
Do the C25K program and push myself
Distance walk and do fitness DVDs on my non-C25K days
Increase my distance each week, and train for the half
Eat less, and make whole foods and fruits/veggies the priority
Tell everyone I can about my goals, progress, and blog
WORK HARD!
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Summer goals are always tricky. This year mine are:

1. Rock a bikini on the beach. I've been living within 2 miles of the beach for nearly 6 years and have only worn a bikini once.
2. Learn to surf, I was going to sign up for this today, the campus actually teaches it. Just have to make sure I have the moolah.
3. Wear shorts and skirts for a majority of the summer.

I'm very close to goal so a lot of this is achievable. Mostly I need to make goal and tone so I look like I belong at the beach. Oh, and buy a wetsuit.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'8

I have a pair of white shorts I wore only for one summer 3 years ago. I LOVE these shorts and it's my goal to be able to fit in them by May. When I do, I'm gonna post a picture of myself wearing them..it was be joyous
hiswifeylee09 is offline   Reply With Quote