Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #1  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Need to be accountable Januweary ;)

Alright ladies...we are starting a new year and a new thread....here we go for our new bodies! woohoo

So yes I gained some holiday weight.blurg! But here we go to loose it and the rest of this damned baby weight!

Steph great job on the running! It does feel good to get it down and know we did something towards weight loss
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #2  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

OKay, for the record, I was much better behaved this new years than last new years (in regards to the free buffet, LOL). I went over my cals, but not too much, and on things I REALLY don't get any other time of year. It felt good. Today will be drinking plenty of water, eating whole foods as much as possible, and watching my calories, as tomorrow I am building in a little splurge, our lead guitar player is bringing homemade lasagna... my favorite...

But if I account for it... it's all good! right? Must behave today so I deserve my treat tomorrow!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #3  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm baaaaaaack!

I had a rough beginning to December (mostly work-related) and didn't deal with it properly. Then I was at my parents' house for the last two weeks of December and ate a lot of cookies and drank a lot of wine. I gained 5 pounds in December, but am willing to bet a lot of it won't stick around. I got back last night, and instead of going out to a party, I went to bed early and woke up to run this morning with my new training group (for a half-marathon in May). What a healthy start to 2011!

Sun - 2011 will be great. I can feel it.

Andejean - sounds like you're off to a great start for the new year! Don't worry about the lasagna... if you can't build little treats into your plan, it's not going to stick!
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #4  
sun

ande ooh enjoy the lasagna! you earned it hon.

fatmac what a wonderful way to start your year honey! Have fun on your run! I just got into running these last few months and am up a 1 mile and a half or 15 minutes of running straight...then on and off for the next 15 minutes. So total a little more than 2 miles.

so I have been sick since Xmas and have been working out on and off... I want to loose 6 lbs by valentines. I am up to 159 lbs... from xmas splurges. I hope I can do it and will try hard to drink more water this month. Was so bad about it last month. Will check in tomorrow
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hello friends!

I am back from a week away at the beach - it involved little exercise and definite over-indulging. Snacks like chips and dip, popcorn, chocolates...and a fairly decent (read: too much) amount of alcohol. I have yet to weigh in but will be doing so tomorrow morning - and I will honestly change my ticker/side bar weight accordingly. I accounted for most calories most days, but also took a few free days. I don't know what I'm expecting to see on the scale tomorrow, but I'm hoping it won't be over 70kg / 154.3 pounds. I'll be fairly sad if that is the case.

I'm sunburnt at the moment and my legs ache from the short (20 minute) hike up a cliff yesterday and the extreme climb around the rocks to get to a secret beach - ok, so I guess that kind of counts as some exercise? Hah. Ok ladies...I am ready to keep this weight loss thing going - going back is not an option!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #6  
Diet and Exercise!

sun - I hope you feel better soon! And I'm sure you'll drop that holiday weight in no time!

rainbowstripe - a week of overindulgence at the beach sounds fantastic! I was up a bit after my over-indulgent holiday, but more than half of my gain is already gone 3 days later. Yay for water weight!

I'm really not ready to go back to work today. A big New Year's Resolution for me is to actually put a bit of effort into my appearance, so at least I'll look cute today!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #7  
sun

rainbowwelcome back! Sounds like it was sooo much funI'm glad you took a break and got to enjoy yourself. Hiking is good

fatmacI am glad your holiday weight is coming off. You can't tell us you look cute and then not post a pic!

So I am down to 158 this fine monday morning....gonna keep pushing until ALL the holiday weight is off. water water water. I ran this morning and walked 4 miles yesterday. Feeling strong and happy. Gonna go to the park with my neighbor and her kids later after my daughter's therapy. I need some nice sunshine. The weather has been warm. See you guys later
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #8  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Okay ladies... feeling a bit under the weather today, but I'm heading to the gym. I feel better once I get moving. I feel like I am gaining weight, even though with being sick I've been under on my calories... maybe it's water weight, or new years eve weight, either way, I want it gone ASAP! LOL

You all sound so motivated, it's hard to be lazy when I real all that you do!

I'll let you know what the scale says when I get back *Shudder*
Old 01-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

fatmac Your resolution sounds like a good one! I almost have the opposite - I think I need to stop worrying about how I look so much!

sun Yay for nice weather. Strong and happy sounds like a great way to feel!

Andejean Hope the scale isn't too mean!!

~So I am really happy to report that after my week of craziness, I didn't gain. I basically maintained. I weighed this morning at 67.8kg/149.5 pounds. The lowest I'd seen before Christmas was 67.5kg/148.8 pounds, and that was only once. I am pretty happy. I am so ready to get back into losing again though! I just need to get the exercise sorted out - I got a bit slack the couple of weeks before Christmas and finding that routine again is going to be a bit hard for me - I just have to keep reminding myself how much better I feel when I exercise!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #10  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Thanks for the well wishes Rainbow! Turns out it was all in my head! 155.5 today, down from 156 on friday and 155.75 last wednesday. the good news is I'm headed down again! Woot Woot!

I exercised a lot today, and even though I was sick, the work out made me feel much better! Now I'm working upstairs with my hunny remodeling our second floor... Whew! I'll sleep well tonight!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #11  
sun

rainbow way to go !!!! how nice that you maintained. I am sure that you will get back on the exercise band wagon soon enough. can't wait to join you in the 140s. I am so mad at myself, Damn xmas cookies! lol

ande how nice about the scale. way to go on the workout. I feel like crap cuz my daughter can't sleep with her involuntary movements and I always feel better after I get it done But i am exhausted by the end of the day.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #12  
Diet and Exercise!

Ugh I had a mini-binge last night but then stopped mid-binge and joined the new WW PointsPlus. I've been forming my idea of an ideal plan for quite some time, and am not abandoning that to conform to WW, but I need the external accountability (even if it is just on my computer, as I can't attend meetings).

But the good news? I did WW last spring (March-April after I saw an old friend who had since become a WW Lifetime member and meeting leader and looked fantastic) and I've lost 22 pounds since then on my own!

Slept like crap last night and didn't go to spinning this morning, but I have my gym bag packed to go after work today.

Hope everyone else has a great day!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!!

rainbow - welcome back! and yay for maintaining!! You're better at this than you thought!

sun - sorry to hear that you have been sick this whole time! you poor thing! I sure hope you get to feeling better!!

ande - you're doing so great with your losses, keep up the good work!!

fatmac - good for you on stopping that binge! have fun at the gym after work!

So the end of last year I did not treat myself well. I haven't been on the scale in the last couple of days and magically I am up 7 pounds today?! 7 POUNDS?! wtheck? sigh. I'm sure it's not all real weight and that some of it will go away fairly quickly, but either way it's popped me into the 170s - something I NEVER wanted to see again (aside from random fluctuation or something). Long story short, I have resolved to change my eating habits as that's what got me heavy in the first place. Starting today I have re-vamped my eating. I thought it all out the last couple of days and got it all sorted so it should just be a matter of sticking to it. I may not be in here as often as before... but I will try to check in at least once a week.
I <3 you all!!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #14  
sun

fatmac hope you made it to the gym today. How is the ww thing going?

stargzr Oh sweetie I know how you feel. I went from 154 last month to 159! and it felt overnight but in reality it was from 3 weeks of being an idiot. Its definetly now an easy journey huh?

So my baby went to a special needs daycare/school for the first time today. It was so weird! I went got some lunch and then went home and slept! It felt sooo good. She was so happy to see me when I picked her up. Soon she will be going 3 days a week and I know I can get myself regulated and back on track loosing. Wish me luck girls! Off to power walk 4 miles. See you later
Old 01-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #15  
Diet and Exercise!

I didn't make it to the gym today.

I don't have an excuse, other than I just didn't want to go after work. This is more affirmation that going in the morning before work really works for me. The WW thing is interesting. I really only joined this time around because the new plan addresses many concerns I had about the old program (for instance, whole foods like apples and bananas costing more points than processed low-fat, low-calorie crap). I'm not changing anything about my current eating plan and just kind of seeing where I end up points wise. Like any other diet plan, it will work as long as I stick to it!

stargzr - I was in an identical situation as yours. My low in December before the holidays was 165.2. I returned in January at 170.2 - a number I NEVER want to see again! But I lost like 3.5 pounds within two days of eating cleanly and exercising again, so I have faith that you will too!!

sun - how nice for you that you'll have some time for you! It must be hard to be without your daughter, but think of how the quality of your time with her will improve if you can take care of yourself during the day?