Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #76  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow aw! I know you have been working so hard and one night of enjoyment with you bf is good for you. Keeps the metabolism going yeah i was worried about not having money for some new clothes at goal so this was a great idea for me.

ande whew what a day! sounds like you guys are really coming along with your house. Its so nice that you get a good workout from it all.

fatmac well i am instant gratification too and am trying to stop that. I splurged on a shopping bonanza when i lost 30 lbs. It was over a period of about 3-4 months/ I needed new winter shirts as I had almost no long sleeve shirts...etc. Now I want to control that and not waste anymore money on clothes until i am at my goal size. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I used to have those attacks when i first got married and moved back to the US. I left my family in India and what family I had here was far away and my hubby is a pilot and is gone alot. I made a really close friend in my neighbor and that is what got me through until i had my US license and was able to go out and socialize more or just do stuff on my own. hugs

So I did Kenpox yesterday and woke up this morning with my arms sore from the punches. its weird the biceps and triceps hurt but so do the creases of the elbows because I was holding them up and tensed in a fighting pose. ouchie! glad today is sunday and my day off from p90x...gonna do some elliptical later. Ok ladies hope you are enjoying your weekend.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #77  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

sun - my elbows get sore, too! I think it's the funniest thing after I lift weights and my elbows are more sore than my biceps!

I had a good, on plan day. I finally dragged my butt to the gym and swam for 30 minutes. I didn't go Thurs-Sat because I'm terrified of driving in the snow, and, even though I have ample DVDs, I hate working out at home. It's so difficult to get back on track when you've been lazy, but then I get a sort of momentum and hopefully will stick with it all week.
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Andejean Crockpots are so awesome.

fatmac Me too on the alcohol - I sometimes just can't comprehend how such a small shot of see-through liquid packs those calories..but I could them all anyway...and had fun, which I think is important. Sorry about your anxiety attacks, I know what that's like. It can be hard, especially when you're lonely. I say have a bit of a fish around with online dating - you could always just kind of talk to some people for a while before committing yourself too much? I suggest okcupid.com...have heard good things and I think the site is kind of fun. Well done on the gym, and getting back on track! I need to do the same thing.

sun Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad to say I feel ok about having a night of enjoyment Kenpo x sounds intense! Hope the rest of your sunday is good and the elliptical!

~So I'm happy to say that my night off / drinking hasn't hindered my weight - I'm now at 66.1kg/145.7 pounds. Super happy about that.
I should have exercised this morning, but I think sleep is just as important sometimes, so I slept in a bit since I didn't have work til 1.30. Now it's 3pm and I'm at work...I won't get exercise in tonight as after work I have to take my boyfriend's sister to the airport and won't be home til late. But, as ever, I have my Tuesday night Zumba tomorrow night. So that will be good. And then I'll definitely do something on both Wed and Thurssssss.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #79  
sun

fatmac oh my god! driving in snow? no way for me either Good job on the on plan day!

rainbowmmm sleep..sounds lovely! lol hope you have fun at Zumba. P90x starts all over tomorrow.. I enjoyed my day off today with sore elbows lol.

So I did great today and am hoping for a nice number in the scale,. I guess I am over berating myself for gaining holiday birthday weight. need to accept the new losses instead of angrily waiting to previous numbers to celebrate. If that makes any sense ;P well ladies I will see you tomorrow after a hectic morning
Old 01-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #80  

sun Totally makes sense. I know the one time I gained back a little (after a ridiculously salty restaurant meal) I was so annoyed that I had to see those same numbers again for the next 1.5 weeks! You can do it though, you're getting there for sure! Sleep does sound lovely... have to wait a good 5.5 or more hours til I can get some more though...heh.

~Work over in 37 minutes weeee. Then I have to spend probably over an hour in the car, driving my boyfriend's sister out to the airport (and then driving home again). My boyfriend's mum, who would usually cook on a Monday, has had a lot of dental surgery today...so I have no idea what dinner is - and in my mind I'm already plotting what kind of fast food I can have that fits into my calories - BAD GIRL!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #81  
Diet and Exercise!

sun - I'm sure the weight will go back down, eventually. I'm dealing with the same thing! FINALLY only 0.2 away from this month's low. I have the same problem as you, though, in needing to celebrate new losses instead of waiting for previous lows. Like, last year (omg, it was actually closer to 1.5 years ago), I hit 158 and I don't want to celebrate anything before that, even though I regained to 188 since then. Sigh.

rainbow - step AWAY from the fast food! It might fit into your calories, but think of what better food you could have for the same calories!

I hit the gym this morning (walked 40 minutes, lifted weights) but as I was leaving the gym, it started snowing. Now, there's another inch or so of snow on the roads and I'm sitting here, trying to figure out if I can get away with coming to work super late this morning. Like, closer to this afternoon. ARGH I cannot wait for this stupid winter weather to be gone!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #82  
sun

rainbow so what did you end up eating? Did you listen to some good tunes on the drive to the airport and back?

fatmac we are gonna be past out previous weight in no time.great job on working out! sorry about the snow. brrrr I hate cold weather. I rather be sweating in a pair of shorts and a tank top than freezing in layers of clothes

So ladies I dropped 2 lbs this week and well on my way to getting back to my preholiday weight and beyond! I am still sore from Sat and my belly is feeling tight. So i took a pic and was not disgusted with what I saw. Sure not what I used to look like at 125 but better than 185! so here it is ladies.

So ladies
Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #83  

fatmac Weather sounds extreme! We had some pretty bad flooding in the weekend down here in New Zealand. You are right about better food for the calories...but also more money. There was no fresh stuff to cook with at my boyfriend's house and I would have ended up spending double the money to cook something... I know it's not a great reason, but it was the reason for last night, and I finished the day lower than my calorie budget and didn't allow any chocolate or anything as I might usually do if that was the case.

sun We actually just talked on the way out there, she's a good person to talk to and had just broken up with her boyfriend so it was good for her to talk...and on the way back I just listened to my favourite radio station so it wasn't too bad of a drive! I already commented on your pics over in the picture thread, but you are looking amazing lady!! Seriously!!

I ate McDonald's but ended my day just over 1300 calories (my usual limit is 500). I kind of calorie cycle sometimes, so that's ok. The McDonald's just wasn't that great! I wish I'd had more money, I would have bought some stuff at the grocery store and cooked, but I was really hungry and it would have been a while as well, not to mention more expensive than my McChicken and fries...and now I know that it's just not that satisfying, I have that urge out of my system for a while - I just wish I could train my brain into remembering it's just not that good, because I know it won't be the last McChicken I eat!
Zumba tonight, and also weighed in at 66kg even this morning - 145.5 pounds. Pretty happy Just wish I wasn't at work!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #84  
sun

rainbow You are doing so good I think its ok to splurge on fast food once in awhile...otherwise you might feel deprived. have fun of zumba!

ugh its 4 in the morning Lali is up and I made half a pbj. I don't want to go over my calories but it is sooo hard to not eat when you are up at all hours and tired out your mind. ugh. after I drop Lali off at school I will come home and sleepppp. Its just I always have so much to do and want to do it while she is in school. oh well I guess I should just get over it and sleep.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 AM   #85  

sun I'm sure some of the stuff you need to do can be left a day or so - get the sleep you need tomorrow when you get the chance! Sleep is so important. Don't stress over the pb&j, you're up, so you're burning calories..right? Heh. No but seriously, give yourself a break, you are doing great and with all the busyness in your life, you deserve to chill out a little
Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #86  
sun

rainbow Yeah I did go shopping but then slept for 4 hours. It was hard because I was messed up and anxious from the night before. My daughter kept biting her lip and when she does she can't let go. Poor baby. Anyway I didn't do P90X but did half an hour on the elliptical. So that counts for something.

Hope your day is going good
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #87  

sun Go you on still getting the exercise in, you put me to shame, seriously!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #88  
Diet and Exercise!

Hey girls, just a quick hello from me. I'm super busy this week, and went off track yesterday and the day before. It kind of goes to show that I do need you guys and this thread to remain accountable! Today I'm back on track, but didn't make it to the gym this morning.

Sounds like you both are doing fantastic! Good for you!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #89  
sun

fatmac Hey this thread is here for all of us to come back to! Its part of our weightloss.. life gets in the way huh? Glad you are back on track girlie!

So tomorrow my neighbor is coming over for Girl time and we are going to watch GA and PP with pizza and greek salad. I have already laid out the days calories and as long as I stick to it during the day I can manage the evening meal and not go over my calories much and I will definitely workout. how you girls doing?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #90  

fatmac Welcome back here, and back on track. I'm not doing great with exercise so don't worry!

sun Go you, planning it all out - that is super awesome. I am sure you can stick to it! It sounds like a great plan anyway, and a fun night!

Did some exercise this morning, it was ok - not amazing, but I did it, so I feel good about it. Also bought some new jeans as I was definitely in need of some - lucky I bought blue ones because I found out that I finally fit properly into the black ones I've had at home since 2006 or 2007 when they fit me last - so I'm finally back to my smallest size as an adult!! I guess even though I haven't seen huge drops on the scale in the last few weeks, it's making a difference in my measurements!!
Tonight I'm making pork fajitas for my family - pretty excited, I love Mexican food!