Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face **Weekly Chat 15 November - 21 November**

Hey ladies!

I know it's still Sunday for a lot of you but it's Monday morning here for me and I'm at work so I thought I'd just start off the new week (or coming week for a lot of you) with a new weekly chat thread.

I am trying to be honest with myself this week. I think that's really important. I have just moved my ticker/side bar number back up to 73kg/160.9 pounds. I was at that weight for about 2 weeks before I saw 72.5kg/159.8 pounds and then 72kg/158.7 pounds. Each stayed for a couple of days and then I had my silly salty weekend. Back up I go, 2.2 pounds, 1 whole kilogram. It feels like a huge step backwards, especially when I had been doing so well with seeing almost regular loss. As tempted as I was to leave my ticker at 72kg, with 13kg total loss - it's not accurate right now. So I moved it back up. Of course I'm hoping that kg that just re-appeared will disappear soon enough as well - but until then I'm being honest.

And while I'm being honest - I NEED TO POOP!! Hah. Seriously though...If the thought of laxatives and the like didn't freak me out, I'd be tempted.

Anyway, I hope you ladies have all had/are having great weekends.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Rainbow--Atleast your being honest. I think that that extra 2 lbs will come right back off though. Also laxatives scare me too and I have IBS all my life and still to this day am scared to take them because I don't want to be on the toilet all day long. lol

As for me I am back up to 174.2...although it's only ounces I gained I still feel really bad I just want to get out of the 170's so bad. I haven't seen the 160's since highschool and it will be wonderful. I do believe it's because of me not eating enough calories though somehow I DON'T KNOW how it happened but yesterday I ate exactally 1000 calories which is WAY under my intake..so maybe thats why I'm not losing anymore. Ugh so I tried eating 2 snacks today and will see what happens...I also got in the 30DS today! **fingers crossed*
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #3  
Burning the mask.

S/C/G: 240ish/175/145

Height: 5'7

New girl here!
Rainbow/lj
I don't think either of you have to worry, I'm sure it's water/poo. There's no way you could gain 2 pounds of fat in such a sort time. I do understand the frustration of water weight though, don't let it bother you too much.

As for meh: I'm staring at my bike willing myself to get on it. Having a really hard time doing my 30 mins after a **** week.

Must. Get. To. Goal. Will. Not. Let. Fat. Win.
Miss Edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #4  

JL I feel you. You're doing so good with the exercise though, maybe it is a case of not quite eating enough?

Miss Edith Hey there! I know it's water or poo in my case haha - but it's the first sodium/water retention related gain - or actually any gain - I've had since I started out on my new lifestyle journey in July. So that's why it's a little scary. Get on that bike! Do your exercise! Hah.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #5  
Burning the mask.

Rainbow:Ya, that would freak meh out too. I've been constantly gaining/losing water weight through out my diet and go into "AMG NOOOO" mode every time the scale goes up 4 pounds.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

long rant and whining...

I've been feeling extra crummy about my body after this weekend. I went to a Japanese branch of H&M and couldn't find any skirts or pants that would fit me. J branches only carry up to a size 12, which is what I considered myself to me. I couldn't even fit a skirt over my thighs. I started to cry a little bit. I know I have a great life in the grand scheme of things, but I'm tired of being fat!

As my bmi gets closer and closer to normal, I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm not happy with my body at all and I have no idea how much weight I can lose. I want to be able to find cute clothes and feel attractive. I can only lose so much weight. It seems I keep losing weight in my arms, legs, and face, but very little in my stomach. The closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it is to lose more weight. I can only lose so much more.

On an up note, despite all the indulging, I'm still a solid 75kg. My goal is to get down to 74.5 this week!
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #7  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

My goodness thank you for starting this thread already. It's still mid-day Sunday over here but I am tempted to screw the calories for the day and just eat and start my new week on Monday and then I saw the "new" week thread already posted and it made me hold off!

I've already worked out my calories for the day and am exactly at my 1,200 if I eat what I have planned for dinner. Not exactly a well balanced day since I had a bagel and starbucks when I got up so that was a lot of my calories, but I'm okay with that since it was already late in the morning.

Last week started well and quickly went down the drain, my family is commenting how I plan and don't follow through so above all else that's my goal this week. To follow each and everything I plan! :P And be true to me.

RainbowOnly weighing yourself once a week at the same time of the week and the same time of the day may help your frustration with the water retention, just a thought.

Miss Edith WELCOME! I just joined this board last week and love it! I didn't have a perfect week as I mentioned but the days I did stay on track it was because I felt like I owed it to my friends on here!

ELLE H & M runs VERY VERY off on their sizes! I know tiny girls I used to work with who had to buy 4's and usually wore 0's so don't let it distress you too much that their 12 was tiny. It's like an 8.

Last edited by mybigwish; 11-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #8  

elleohelle Hang in there. I know it's tough. I know it also sucks to not be able to buy stuff from shops like H&M - I went to Italy a couple of years ago and was so excited to finally go to an H&M - and found no clothes that would fit at all. In fact I came away from my whole awesome trip to Italy with NO clothing purchases whatsoever.
I know that having someone online tell you you look great doesn't actually help that much - but you are so gorgeous in your picture. It must be scary getting close to a normal BMI - have you always been overweight (sorry if that is a rude question!). I go through similar mind issues all the time. I worry that I'm so short and still only just fitting into the largest sizes in some stores, and still some not at all, and then some the second largest size - I am all over the place size wise and I worry that my goal is actually unattainable. I totally feel you on the non-shrinking stomach. That is what makes me feel like I've lost no weight - my stomach seems to not be getting any smaller. Or my thighs.
Sorry if I turned that around and made it about me - was just trying to reassure you - you are doing an awesome awesome job, seriously, look at how far you've come!!

mybigwish I kind of float between weighing once a week and weighing daily - I admit that sometimes I stress about it, and other times I don't. I also used to weigh on my Wii Fit but I'd get frustrated when it didn't match up with my other scale, so I decided just to use the one. I guess I just got so used to seeing the same number or a drop that it was almost fun to weigh every morning just to check in. As for you, make some plans for your week now and try to stick to them! How did you do on your exercise goals for last week?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/122/105

Height: 5'1''

Hello everyone! Welcome Miss Edith! I'm pretty new to this too.

rainbow: usually regular coffee help me go to the bathroom. Did you ever take pictures of you in your new dress?

mybigwish: starting is always the easy part. The end of the week is always the hardest for me so I like to make lists and crossing stuff off with bright red ink makes me giddy when the list is finished.

Grocery shopping in a couple of hours. Yay!
KatVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #10  
Burning the mask.

Hai, luvs!

elleohelle: /Huggg. When your not where you want to be clothing shopping can be brutal in general.
mybigwish: /High five. That's awesome that didn't let yourself go offtrack!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #11  

KatVee I actually just had a coffee and ... to be honest I can kind of feel things moving a bit down there haha. I didn't end up taking pictures in my dress - I felt great (I'm actually wearing it at work today) but then when we got to the party, I got grumpy because there was this girl there that dislikes me and yeah she kind of bummed me out because she ignored me completely. She is rude. Also I was just not in a photos type of mood - but I really need to get over that and start having photos!!
Yay for grocery shopping - did you say in the previous thread that all you had was tuna and yoghurt? Hah!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Hey everyone!

It seems a lot of us are up a little after the weekend. I was 58.0 kg this morning but I suspect it's from the fact that I had dinner (buttery, salty Thai curry on a big pile of white rice) kinda late, like 20:30 last night. I had the laziest Sunday in the whole world, didn't leave my house at all and took an afternoon nap. Stayed within calories. Going to try and hit 57.0 kg by the end of this week.

rainbowstripe, haters gonna hate! I bet you look great in your dress. I just pooped and now I feel like a normal human again. Best of luck to you in the pooping scheme of things. Laxatives are scary.

JLNichols everyone says 30DS involves crying and sweating and not being able to finish it. let us know how it goes. I wanted to eat 1000 yesterday but naturally I had more like 1400.

MissEdith welcome! How was your bike workout?

elleohelle H&M is so hit or miss with the sizing. Sometimes I think their sizing lines up better with UK sizing than US sizing. You're doing so well losing consistently, just hang in there. Shopping will be so much better when we go home.

mybigwish Look at you, miss discipline! 1,200 - haven't eaten that little in forever. Maybe today will be the day.

KatVee what are you going to buy?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I have to find my motivation again. I haven't been doing horrible, but not doing great either. I didn't workout at all this weekend. UGH! I need to get back on the horse tomorrow for sure! We are having a HUGE feast at work tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I think I may skip breakfast and allow for myself to eat some of the yummy stuff, but make the best choices possible. I guess skipping breakfast all together would be stupid. I should probably just eat something really small...

Please send motivation my way! I know I won't make my Thanksgiving goal at this point. I just want to break out of the 150's by the end of the week. AT this point...I would be happy with that!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #14  

krampus Sometimes those kind of lazy days are totally needed. Somehow Sunday just feels like the day to do that! Unfortunately I've only had 2 Sundays without work in the last year or so. Haters are going to hate. This girl is weird. First she likes me, has huge chats to me whenever we're at parties - then one day she decides she doesn't like me because she "doesn't know me well enough" (I'm quite shy so maybe that's it) - not really a reason to dislike someone in my opinion, but whatever. Just prefer to go places where she isn't now, she makes me feel uncomfortable. Also, I just went poop too yayyyyy hahaha. Still have a feeling I'll have to go again.

Linds Sending motivationally fluffy thoughts your way! Hah I'm not even sure what that means but I'm thinking about you and hoping you get your motivation back! Skipping breakfast altogether is never the best idea - if I know I want a bigger lunch or dinner, I have like... a half bowl of cereal or at least a smaller serve than I'd usually eat, that way I have something in my stomach, but not enough to count as a total meal. I won't be making my Thanksgiving goal either (actually I made a goal for the day after, which is our Christmas party for work, being that we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here).

~So I just realised that I actually like my retail job when I'm doing what I'm meant to be doing - selling things to people. If only every day was like this one with people buying things! I love seeing the daily total get higher and higher as I make more sales.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

rainbow I know a girl like that. You just have to ignore it. Some people are jerks because of their own problems. A lot of what hurts us has nothing to do with us, I think.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote