Old 11-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

AML -- That's extremely scary! Now I'm going to be thinking everything hurts.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #92  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

jlnichols: i'm sorry, girl! i'm not trying to scare you, just make sure everyone knows that those 1 in a million side effects do happen sometimes!
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #93  

It's ok. Yeah, honestly though I have heard about it from several other people to.. But I heard that the changes of a clot in your lungs increase by a certain percentage if you smoke. So I never stressed out about it. But I will keep an eye out for any weird pains. Was it just a dull ache or an actual sharp pain?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 195/181.6/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I just posted a thread in the main introduction forum. I thought I'd stop in here in the 20-somethings group and say Hi!
I just completed my first week on plan. There were days that I went over my calorie limit, but the bulk of what I'm eating is healthy and it is still hundreds of calories lower than what I was eating in the past.
I also made plans to start walking with one of my best friends. She is about the same weight as me. We're going on our first walk tonight, I'm pretty excited!
chubbyhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #95  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

it's a weird pain to describe, but more dull and achey, i guess. it was almost unbearable in the mornings. and it was in my calf/behind my knee. but yeah, that's my point--just be aware of it.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

abby and chubby, welcome!

aml, wow, that's really crazy!! at least you're better now though

scale was back at 78.6 this morning, which is what i consider my "normal" weight i guess (it's what's on my ticker anyhow) so i guess that's ok. i was really good yesterday and proud of myself for it. actually, my friend ended up BAILING on me (cuz he had a cold... but apparently, he only felt the need to tell me he was cancelling 30 min before meeting time as i was ready to head out the door...) so i was really sad... i ended up going to starbucks by myself to read my book, and do a little retail therapy on the way! (the starbucks here is in a department store ) i bought a cd from my favorite artist, and some boots/leg warmers thingies that are hugely popular here!

hoping today will be good as well. planning on salad again tonight, and i have to cook a bit to pack lunch for tomorrow cuz we are having a two day seminar thing for my job so i won't be at school... gotta make some yummy and low cal!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

kawaii lame that your friend canceled. I'm jealous you are so close to a real mall!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 74.5 kg! Maybe getting down to 74 by friday is realistic. I'll just have to wait and see. It would be the perfect birthday present to myself.

Last edited by elleohelle; 11-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus Gunning for us both to see our last week's lowest weights again, though yours is far more impressive than mine!! I would also totally set calories aside for the Haagen Daas (spelling..), I am super jealous that you have that high quality icecream readily available. Oh man. I want icecream now.

JL Great to hear that your scale is moving, told you it wasn't a plateau!

Abby Hey there! Nice to see a new face. You look so pretty in your profile picture! I also put on a lot of weight when I started going out with my boyfriend, he did as well. The difference is I was already overweight haha, so it was kind of worse for me! He's lost it all and then some, and was pretty skinny to begin with...I still have a long way to go. I wish you luck on your journey, you'll get some great support posting in these chat threads!

aml That's a scary story but it's good to know that those kinds of side effects do exist. I'm sorry you went through that but glad you're ok now!

chubbyhippie Hey there! Good to hear you got through your first week! Hope you have a fun walk!

Kawaii Going out alone can be fun sometimes, right? Sorry to hear your friend bailed on you, but sounds like you had a nice time anyway. I wish I had the courage to just go somewhere alone with a book and have a tea or coffee and just relax.

~My mood was foul when I woke up a couple of hours ago, and I'm now just feeling generally quite down. I woke up thinking about life in general and how at the moment I feel kind of lost and a bit like I'm wasting my life. I don't know what I want to be doing, aside from art, but with the fact I have no inspiration and don't want to paint at the moment (and haven't felt like painting for a few months) it's hard to justify that as something that I am passionate about. I really do feel a little lost and I guess the fact I spend my days off work doing basically nothing isn't helping me. But then I don't know what I want to do.
My boyfriend said there must be things I want to do with my life and that I should think about it and see what steps I can take to make those things happen...but all I could think of was travel, and for travel you need money, and I'm already working towards getting money from my part-time job. I can't find any other jobs at the moment, and I'm also worried that my mental state couldn't quite cope with another job/working full time.
Sorry for the small rant. I'm just feeling a little stressed and hopeless. I am also craving stupid things like icecream and french fries today. I'm still at 72.5 so hoping the other half kilogram is gone tomorrow morning. Exercise...well...I did Monday and Tuesday but with my mood today I'm not sure how much I'll get done.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #99  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Rainbow I'm sorry you're feeling so listless, get on the treadmill or something today though it'll help your mood pass and stick with our plan. Today was supposed to be that dance class for me but since I have cycle REALLY early tomorrow I think I made trade in dancing for staying home and using the elliptical. Just don't really feel like leaving the house much today.

As for our new girls!! Hippie and Abbye Welcome, I was new on this thread only a week ago and the girls have already made me feel like family. Share your trials and tribulations and we'll be here to support you!!

Will check up later in the day and give more personals! Good luck gals! Stay away from the CANDY! I'm already close to 800 for the day because my lunch was cookies and low fat popcorn stuff. Not exactly healthy but my calories should be okay!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #100  

Rainbow: I really hope you pull through your bad mood. I, too, understand being in a awful mood today. But mybigwish is right, maybe if you exercise you'll feel as if you have accomplished something and it might pep your mood up. As for not knowing what you want to do, eventually it'll come to you...& if traveling is the only thing than continue to work a PT job saving for that!

Kawaii: Sorry about your friend bailing out on you! That's awesome that you stayed on track though!

Elle: I hope you get your birthday present!

ChubbyHippie: Welcome to the 20's forum! Sounds like you off to an awesome start!

Well today has been one long, dredful day! It has been cold & rainy outside and I just have NOT felt like moving. I have gone from the computer, to the washer, to the couch, to the kitchen, and have only accomplished 25 minutes of working out. I plan on doing the 30DS again tonight if I can build up the energy. Not only that but this girl I know and have known for about 19+ years of my life has been arguing with me all day OVER FB (of all places!)..very immature I know but it's really getting to me. Everytime we argue the first thing that slips out of her mouth is calling me "fat***" or something that involves me being fat. I guess it's the only thing she can think of that she knows hurts my feelings. I guess ya'll are wondering why I go back to being her friend after she does all this? I have no excuse I guess I feel bad for her; she has a lot of issues with her family, and I have always been close to her family and I dont know! But I have gone 3 months without speaking to her & she said something about my brother over facebook and I couldn't keep my mouth closed. Guess one day I'll learn my lesson. Sorry I just needed to vent about it ..it really gets to me! I hope all ya'lls day has been better than mine! On a positive note, I have stuck to my calories!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #101  

elleohelle, haha, yeah, that's one of the tiny perks of living here i guess. i live "downtown" but my city is really small. well the downtown area is really small... still better than nothing, i guess although easy access to shopping therapy is probably why i'm poor all the time. lol. congrats on the scale going down!

rainbow, really? i go out alone all the time so it's nothing new. i'm kinda too chicken to go to a bar/club alone (although it would probably end up being fine, but still) but i always go to the coffee shop alone to read or study, i go to the movies alone, i go shopping alone. i've been to the restaurant alone too it's not so bad. i just always have a book in my purse as for your moods, i'm sorry to hear that, although i'm feeling kinda the same... i have a theory that people are just prone to being depressed in november. lol. it's such a cold ****ty month and nothing really is going on and it's kinda in between stuff... i dunno... although my theory might not work for you since it's not cold over there. lol! hang in there! the listlessness will pass and you'll figure out what to do!

JL, sorry to hear that... sometimes we surround ourselves with "friends" that aren't necessarily good for us... we want to be nice to everybody and make excuses for people who don't deserve them... i've been guilty of that too. i guess you need to have a talk with her and figure out if you really want her in your life! then again maybe she's just pissing you off cuz you're having a cranky day. eheh, it happens!

ok, so you all know i've been feeling like crap recently, and because of that i've been talking to my mom on skype a lot. she's really excited about me coming home for christmas, and this morning she just informed me that she booked us a room at this countryside inn/spa thing on dec.25 and we're gonna get massages and feet treatments and body-wraps thingies... and i am just SO excited!! i've never really done this kinda thing before (i had a professional massage once) and it sounds so fun! plus, i don't have a big family (my parents are divorced) and so we wont have a big christmas party or anything, so this just sounds perfect. anyways, i'm really excited! haha, so i guess it's helping my mood a little

in other matters, today is test day at school so i will be BORED-AS-**** all day, except for the one hour where i'm supposed to help one teacher with a reading exam... aaah. have a nice day, all!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #102  

mybigwish I really don't know...I am tempted to have a day off, I just feel so exhausted. It's only just after 1.30pm here so I'll see how I go.

JL Sorry about the friend and the argument - the best thing to do in that situation would be to send her a private message, if the argument is via wall posts etc...I dunno, I just hate conflict so I'd try to resolve it!

Kawaii I shop by myself a lot, go get a massage every now and then, I used to get manicures sometimes too. I used to go to the movies alone when I was at university and needed to escape the studios for a few hours haha - but now I guess I don't want to spend the money or don't have the motivation to leave the house some days. Yeah I don't have the November weather excuse for my feelings! I actually overall feel a lot better with the sun being out and the weather being warmer - but it's just my worry about wasting my life/days that has me feeling down at the moment. That and I want to do all these fun things with this weather but most of the stuff is not stuff I can do alone and my boyfriend is so busy with his thesis we can't do much together.
That's exciting about your Christmas plans with your mum! That is definitely something to look forward to. How exciting!!

~So I didn't eat breakfast...but I guess I did? I made myself some french toast at about 12pm - but not too bad I don't think, just used grainy bread, 1 egg, a little skim milk, tiny bit of vanilla and cinnamon, fried in a nonstick pan and used a little sugarfree syrup.
Now I'm considering spending a few hours playing on my Playstation 2, I haven't done that in AGES, and I just got back a game that a family friend had borrowed, it's pretty much my favourite game, "We Love Katamari!" - so I think I'm going to play that. I think maybe I need to start doing other things I used to enjoy to maybe get my mind back into the same kind of mindset I was in when I was being productive with my art? I think since I got my laptop (last november) my productivity has DIED. Seriously. I hate to blame a laptop, but I think it definitely plays a part.
I'm also listening to the new My Chemical Romance album that's due out next week, streaming it through some link or something on NME. It's alright.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #103  

rainbow, i think we were separated at birth or something... i LOVE MCR!! although now i will be listening to my new Miyavi cd for a while because i love him more, haha... can i ask how old are you? cuz i'm 29 now (i know i dont look or act it ), and i think a lot of my life anxieties stem from "omg, i am gonna be 30 next year!!"... so i was just wondering if it wasnt something similar, maybe. i've also been playing old games on my PS2 to keep me entertained, haha... old games are so much more fun, somehow although they do have really cool games here in japan... if i could read japanese fluently, i would totally buy a PS3... meh.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #104  

Kawaii I turned 24 last month :/ I know it's not that old but I feel like I'm wasting away the years of my life where I should be making things happen. Ooh now I'm going to look up Miyavi haha. Oh man...Japanese games are so awesome! I wish they were compatible with NZ Playstations or Nintendo Wiis - for some reason the systems are different and so I can't get some games I wish I could! I considered buying a PS3 but they're still pretty expensive here and I learnt from my Wii purchase - after waiting 2 years for the price to go down, it didn't, so I bought one - and then it went down like.. a month after I bought it - I don't think I'll rush into buying a PS3, plus the games are so expensive!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #105  

hmm, maybe you are having a quarter-life crisis? haha... who knows, sometimes, we just feel like crap... i can relate on the "things not going anywhere" though. and i feel like i don't have anything that i'm passionate about to drive me, and that's why i'm always just focusing on boys and falling for jerks because they give me attention. meh.

do look up miyavi! he's a japanese rock (ex-visual kei) singer and he is pretty cool (and damn sexy! although every white person i know will tell me he looks like a girl... pffff.!) he released a singles collection album last year, you should probably try that first since all his best songs are on there ^_-