Old 11-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

KatVee: I checked No more trouble zones out and it looks like a video that would be more for maintaing and toning up than losing fat. I am going to look into the S.W.A.T. videos! Thanks!

MyBigWish: I really like Jillian Michael's videos but I want a change in pace. I have tried a few Walk Away the Pounds videos but dont feel like I get that good of a sweat out of them, and I do the Jillian Michael's BFBM video and enjoy that but I think after 30 days of her I'm kind of tired of her! LOL
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/seeticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey guys!

total newbie here.

I said in a previous thread but i'm adapting the south beach style way of eating and going to ease exercise into my routine.

I guess my biggest struggles is "cheating" and having a support system. I'm always afraid to let people know i'm trying to lose weight because i feel it brings to the attention of how overweight I am. So i'm always in it alone and then give up.

But i'm glad to have joined and hopefully 'finally' succeed.

Anna
djbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus Your dinner sounds good the and the run was still a run, even if you weren't going as fast as you usually would.

jenn Christmas shopping scares me - I can't believe you've done some already! I think it'd be easier if I were in the US ha - but also not as well, I would get way too tempted by the fast food/food court options you have over there while shopping! Sounds like you had a nice weekend though

Kawaii It's definitely better to be binging on good food like mandarins! Though I wouldn't call that a binge so much - as for the smoking and exercising, you'd definitely notice a difference in the cardio if you cut back on smoking (not that I know how much you smoke). I have noticed a huge difference in my breathing since I cut back to maybe 2 cigarettes every 2 weeks haha...but then again, I think as your overall fitness improves so does the breathing? I dunno.

JL Hope the lower weight sticks! As for workout videos...I like Turbo Jam and also Hip Hop Abs, though I'd say the first is a better workout. And you with the Christmas shopping as well! I have no idea what I'm buying ANYONE!

LiannaKole Isn't it kind of surreal to hear comments like that? It's nice but kind of weird at the same time. My mum told me I was looking slim. Ridiculous. I know I'm smaller than I was, but I have a long way to go until I could be considered close to being slim!!

KatVee Only 1.5 pounds?? Hah! That is great! Go you.

Linds Sending you happy thoughts for the day - hope it's not too hard!

mybigwish Awesome, let's do it. I did mine last night, I have Zumba tonight - now I just have to get something in on Wed, Thurs and Fri and I win! And if I can get some done on the weekend as well - well that would be awesome.

djbutterfly Hey there. If you're after a support system, the ladies on here are really great support! Wishing you luck on your journey and hope to see you round here a bit more!

~Alright ladies...that darn sodium/water retention weight is finally coming off again. I'm at the same weight I was at this time last week, so hopefully it will all come off plus some more. I'm at 72.5kg (159.8 pounds) this morning. Back in the 150s, which is good.
My workout last night was fun - I am definitely enjoying jogging on the street far more than I ever thought I could, it baffles me EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Tonight I have my Zumba class, kind of looking forward to that too...I'm just not so happy about my small lunch. Same as yesterday (egg and ham on an english muffin) except today I don't have the roast kumara (sweet potato) as a side, and just that small amount less of food has me feeling like I'm going to be starving. That being said, I will probably go and buy myself an apple or something from the fruit and veg store...I wish I liked more types of fruit!!
I'm wearing another new dress today - I feel good.
Hope everyone is good!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #64  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hello everyone! I have internet! I am going to work backwards and do some personals, since i figure page one is pretty out of date by now! I also have an interview I am a bit nervous about today so really I should be spending my time preparing for that!

Rainbow-Congrats on the running! Good to hear you are still at it. It is bizzare how we can do things we never thought we could. In an awesome way! New dress ftw! Its been hot the last few days aye?! I've been caught totally unprepared in jeans and nearly died.

Dj- welcome! I think a lot of us can related to not wanting to draw attention to ourselves by telling people about our weight loss goals. Its probably why 3FC is so popular What kind of exercise are you thinking of starting?

Lianna- nice one on the comments! Your hard work is paying off well done!

As for me, we finally moved and are in the house, if not completely unpacked yet lol. Eating hasnt been too bad, in fact its been pretty good except for this weekend, but I havent done too much damage and its nothing a few lowerish calorie days cant fix I am hoping. I even get to move my ticker! Which is really exciting. Just did a nice big food shop and got some good stuff- is it sad I'm excited about my groceries?? And I have the interview today which is a little nerve wracking but I am hoping I dont get slaughtered and that its an ok, almost pleasant, relatively informal half hour. Funnily enough, I dont have the urge to eat myself out of house and home (which is great since GST went up and food is so freaking expensive U_U). I'm just super thirsty!

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 11-15-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

JL, i'm still on level 1. i just did day 8 yesterday. since i haven't noticed that it's gotten any easier, i told myself that i was just gonna do 10 days for each level. urgh, yeah, i wanna beat this plateau! i mean, here i am all motivated to lose all this weight and i only lose 1kg every 2 months?! pretty depressing... meh. i am starting to notice that my weight tends to go up a bit the morning after a workout.... related?? who knows... i always work out at night btw.

Lianna that's great! compliments always make my day, haha.

Rainbow, i wouldn't call it a binge either, but i just felt SO full afterwards, and my stomach felt kinda funny after exercising, still feels kinda funny this morning... maybe i ate something that was bad? i dunno what it would be though cuz i'd just bought everything fresh from the grocery store that day... as for the smoking, i normally smoke anywhere between 1 and 5 cigarettes a day. if i go out on the town i'll smoke a lot more though. i don't consider myself a heavy smoker, but yeah, i'm pretty sure that is what is screwing up me doing cardio... i mean at the end of the workout i'll just start coughing like a 70 y.o. man dying of lung cancer... not sexy. i'm just not at that place where i WANT to quit yet though. i'm a firm believer in you gotta quit smoking when you want to. otherwise it wont work. meh. yay for the new dress!

ok, so this morning i am more angry at my scale than ever. it said 79.2 to me. 79!!!!! i have not seen that number since like october... also, i think all of your poop talk (krampy, i'm looking at you...) has been contagious because now i'm obsessed with my bowel movements and... they're not moving much!! i've never had problems with that before, even while dieting, so this is weird...

tonight i have to be good. gona eat a tuna salad, i think. and then i'm going to Starbucks to see a good friend of mine, that i actually havent seen since last june. ha! some good friend... but yeah, i was talking with my mom about being depressed and the stuff with my (absenty) bf and she was saying i need to make more friends and i thought i'd just start out with calling out the ones i do got. lol. actually, my circle of friends here is TINY. cuz people just keep leaving. i have one girl i sorta regularly hang out with and that's it. my other best friend left last summer (for tokyo, which is not super far, but still) and my other good friend lives in Fuji, which is like a 2 hour train ride away... it is kinda hard finding "like-minded" people around here cuz honestly (and krampus and elleohelle will back me on this ) most people who come to teach english in Japan are such nerds. lol. i guess i need to make more japanese friends, but i dunno, it's kinda hard... i guess this is just a kinda self-depreciating rant... lol! sorry!

anyways, going to hang out with him tonight, so it should be fun (and pleasant cuz he is gorgeous and i do enjoy staring at him, haha). i know i'll be having a GINGERBREAD LATTE though, so i have to watch it for supper, haha...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #66  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Back down to 57.5/126.7 today. I have started bleeding which is really alarming because I'm on the pill and not due for my period for 2 weeks...?!?!?!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: 4 prunes, coffee

Lunch: Pasta/chickpea/onion/mizuna (kind of a light spinach) salad with olive oil and garam masala, 1 mini mandarin orange

Dinner: Shiitake mushroom/onion/mizuna omelette, 1-2 mini mandarin oranges

kawaii, I hear ya on the nerds. I've lucked out in that I like almost everyone who lives near me. I started running while I was still smoking and doing the cardio and pushing my lungs made me want to smoke less. When I eventually stopped altogether I found I never get out of breath while running and it's just the muscles in my legs that get tired.

Icon, best of luck to you on today's interview!

rainbowstripe, glad you had a good outdoor jog! Small lunch is no fun but you can fill up from the produce store. What fruits do you like?

djbutterfly, welcome!

Lianna, CONGRATS on the compliments! Nothing feels as encouraging as hearing positive feedback from other people.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

krampus did the lunch come out good?
Hope the ladies` trouble stuff works out ok, too.

kawaii I`m sorry your weight is coming off so slowly. Just be consisent and stick with it. Maybe even take a break from weighing yourself? I`ll often stall at a weight for a little bit and then suddenly lose a couple kilos in two weeks. I know you are doing 30 DS, maybe start a weight lifting routine too? Is there a gym near where you live? I lost 5kg very quickly once I started lifting heavy.

I`ll weigh myself tomorrow since I`m pretty `clogged up` today. I think I will work on losing this last 35 lbs slowly, but surely. My Japanese tutor commented that my face looked really thin and I didn`t need to lose any more weight. She`s sweet, but I`m still quite overweight for my frame! I want to be 74 kg for my birthday!
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #68  

Krampus---The SAME exact thing is going on with me and my b/c pills! I just started them last month and I'm on my second month Well both times half way through my cycle I will start bleeding! I don't know what is going on but on the package it does say that some bleeding might occur in the middle of your cycle on packs 1-3..So maybe it's normal? Who knows.

I worked my butt off today! I did 25 minutes of WATP, a 20 minute strength exercise that I got off Sparkpeople and I did 30DS! I'm super worn out. On another note: Anybody get on the scale and it's less but your stomach looks bigger?! Ok well mine is like that and it's irritating ..I don't know if I have to go poo or what but it needs to disappear & fast!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #69  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies,
So I've been reading a lot on this forum about calorie counting and I have one question how do you count the calories on homemade meals? Like let say homemade salsa, pinto beans, red rice with vegetables, and the like? I think keeping a calorie count will help me in my weight loss goal but I have always been confused on how to make sure I get the right numbers.
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #70  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Nite Owl Mommy Sites like Livestrong.com will let you create an account and make recipes and figure out the calories per serving of those recipes. You just have to search around for what calorie tracking site you like best and try and find one that does have the recipe part.

JL I used my videos a ton more when I lived alone but one series I found myself buying multiples of was "The Firm," you can find almost any kind of workout on there including Boot Camps and Yoga so it gives you a wide variety. They rotate between multiple teachers so you won't get too tired of them too. I'd try Amazon for packs so that you can get more then one. They are usually a bit longer then 30 DS. Anywhere from 30-60 minutes depending on the DVD.

Krampus Give the pill 3 months, if you still have this issue see your doctor and they will switch you. I was on 4 different birth-controls, each would work for anywhere from 6 months to a year before I got break through bleeding. I would be put on a new pill deal with the bleeding for the first three months and then have more bleeding 3-9 months later. Most recently my doctor put me on the pills my sisters been on for 7 years with no problems and so far so good, but I'm knocking on wood here. Long story short give it three months and then look into switching meds.

Rainbow Ugh, I'm struggling to get to the classes I planned. I'm a little bit sniffly and just not in the mood, but I know I owe it to myself and to you for making this deal. Yah, I could switch it out and do elliptical or something, but it's not the same! I promised myself these classes, so to these classes I go.

Off to the gym for the next two hours, Turbo Kick Boxing and then Yoga. I know this Yoga teacher and have a feeling my abs will be sore tomorrow, LOVE that feeling.

I should be burning 300-600 calories in my 1st class, and 250-400 in my second class. I'd go with the middles so 400+350=750. That's what's getting my butt out off my bed and into my gym clothes!!!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #71  
Staying the Same

A lot of people use food scales and measure their portions carefully and then look up calorie amounts for different ingredients online. I don't, but then again I lose like three pounds a month.

JLNichols I was reading up on it earlier. Found this:

Break thru bleeding after a year on pills

I am 20 years old and have been on the pill - DesogenŽ for over a year. Recently I began bleeding between periods, sometimes light, sometimes heavy. I have been seeing my gynecologist annually and have had no other problems. Is this something to worry about, or something minor?

Probably minor. Breakthrough bleeding is not uncommon on pills. It can be from missing a pill or two or taking them at different times in the day, but it also occurs for no reason at all. My rule-of-thumb is to change the brand of the pill if it happens 3 cycles in a row.

phew!

elleohelle, not eating it all last night was the hardest decision I've ever made in my life. It's absolutely fabulous and tastes so great that I might have it again for dinner.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 140/122/105

Height: 5'1''

rainbow: how was Zumba class?

mybigwish: I love double workouts when it comes to the amount of calories I burn and the sleep I get after I'm done. Tell us how the classes go when you come back!

Kawaii: Gingerbread latte = YUMMY!

Hi djbutterfly! Welcome.

Icon: Good luck on the interview. I get really happy about grocery shopping too.

Just got done with my workout. And it's my birthday tomorrow so that means birthday dinner. I'm excited for the dinner because it's at a new restaurant.

Last edited by KatVee; 11-15-2010 at 09:51 PM.
KatVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon Woo internetsss! Yay. Hope your interview went/goes well! Is it for a job? Yeah it has been hot - I didn't noticed it so much yesterday, but today I am really really hot. Especially in my work - so much excessive lighting takes the temperature up so high - I've got the air con on 16 degrees hah! Yay for the ticker/scale movement!

Kawaii Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest you quit! It's totally something you have to want to do yourself, and if I'm truthful with myself, I haven't even really properly quit anyway since sometimes I have a couple or so of cigarettes when I go out drinking etc. Plus I smoke shisha pipes every weekend, so I'm still getting nicotine etc that way. I'm sorry your friend situation is not the best - but you're doing an awesome thing, calling up old friends and hanging out with them! I'm starting to realise more and more that I let my friendships dwindle so badly - and I keep telling myself they're a two way street and that the other people aren't putting in the effort either - but that's no excuse for me not to. As for the Starbucks, did you know if you get a short, non fat Gingerbread Latte it's only like 100-110 calories?? That's not much - and even though it's the smallest size, you could totally savour it...

krampus Yeah.. the pill can be not fun at times. I've been on it for maybe... actually nearly 3 years and never really had breakthrough bleeding though I recently started bleeding after sex (no fun, TMI sorry!). My GP doctor said I just needed to change pills but I don't trust her so I'm STILL waiting on an appointment with a Gynecologist (I have it next week and made it 6 weeks ago!). I wouldn't stress too much! I had so much breakthrough bleeding when I was on the injection - I think perhaps our bodies just get confused sometimes. Your meals sound so good - are you vegetarian?
As for fruit...well...I like fresh apples... I'll grudgingly eat a banana, I like canned peaches only, not fresh..and that is kind of it I think. All I can think of anyway.

elleohelle It's weird how people who know us kind of but also not that well say things like that - it's good you know where you want to be as well. I had my manager tell me that every time she sees me (usually once a week, sometimes every 2) I am looking smaller and smaller. Today she told me I was "wasting away". I'm sure she didn't mean it in that way - there is no way I look unwell or anything...but I find it so bizarre, she just saw me last week!

JL Bloat! I feel bloated sometimes and I swear my stomach looks bigger. Go you with the exercise!!

NiteOwlMommy If I'm cooking at home, I write down every ingredient as I add it (or premeasure, write down, then cook). I use a food scale. Then I work out approximately how many servings I'm getting out of a recipe and either enter every individual ingredient in the correct amount into my FitDay food log, or I use a website that you can enter the ingredients and servings into and it works it out for you. I think there's one on livestrong, and one on caloriecount.com - I think that's the site!

mybigwish I think if you would rather do a different exercise than what you've planned, it's ok, as long as you do roughly the same amount of exercise!

KatVee Haven't been yet! It's about 4pm here for me, I finish work at 5.30pm and Zumba is at 6pm! Go you with the workout! And yay for your birthday!!

~Bleurrghhhh. Work got soooo busy, I was starving and feeling kind of dizzy by the time I finally got to eat my lunch! Mildy hypoglicaemic (spelling...) I think! Then I gave in and went to Starbucks and got another stupid Dark Cherry Mocha. Don't know why, seeing as last time I had it I complained about the sweetness - but I'm enjoying it anyway. I will eat an apple before I go to Zumba. I will also attempt to poop hah.
The guys at Starbucks have started flirting with me in the most subtle way ever. Maybe they're not even flirting - but just being nice? There's this one guy who always offers to upsize my drink free of charge. He did it on sunday without asking so I politely accepted it and then came back to work and tipped half out. The guy today asked if I wanted an extra shot of coffee free of charge. I declined politely - I can't cope with that much coffee!!
Also as I said to elleohelle - how do you cope when people say things that sound like almost concernedness? My manager said I look like I'm wasting away, she said I must have such extreme willpower and asked me if I struggle with saying no to things - I don't think she gets the calorie counting thing...that I can eat stuff not necessarily considered as "diet" food as long as it fits in. But I felt weird about the wasting away comment, even if she didn't mean it in a bad way - I am still really overweight!! Didn't know how to react really.
Alright. I'm exhausted! Work has seriously been so busy and we're making good money too - I WIN!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #74  

Krampus--I haven't been on my pills that long but if it continues I will probably just call my gyno! What pills are you taking?

MyBigWish: Yeah I will deff. have to look into them videos!

Rainbow--Yeah Hopefully the bloating or whatever it is goes away soon!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #75  
Staying the Same

rainbowstripe - I just spotted a little for less than a day so I'm gonna pretend nothing happened. Hope your bleeding sorts itself out! I sometimes bleed after sex too but for different reasons >=)

I'm not a vegetarian but I cook vegetarian most of the time just because I'm too lazy to spend money on meat. I suppose it's healthy too which is a bonus. That's funny, I really don't like apples unless they're cooked and drowned in cinnamon but almost all other fruits are a go. I am going to turn orange at the rate I am devouring mandarin oranges.

JLNichols - Ah see I can't really switch pills easily - I have them sent over from the U.S. (Japanese BC is mehhh). I'm on tri-cyclic low-hormones, I think ortho-tricyclen? It has no side effects of any kind and I've been using it since 2004.

In response to the "wasting away" thing I've heard that plenty too, and wonder what people think they're accomplishing by saying those things! Everyone's like "DON'T GET ANOREXIC" as if that's a real danger. I like compliments but I feel really awkward a lot of the time. I suppose a lot of people think it's weird to be in the middle of the "healthy" BMI range and keep wanting to shrink, but since I can and I'd like to, why not?