Old 09-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/235/150

Height: 5'6

Default Online Dating Nerves?

Hi All,

I have a date planned for Friday - with a guy I met online (plentyoffish.com). We've been having great convos over the phone and he's seen a few photos - but i'm still paranoid that he will see me and not be attracted to me because of my weight. Paranoid= ultra paranoid.

Anybody have advice/experience with the online dating world?

-Sarah

Last edited by ahealthysarah; 09-01-2010 at 01:47 PM.
ahealthysarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Me!

In my experience, I've always found my weight to be more of an issue than the guys I go out with. Just relax and have a good time
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

just relax and be yourself. If he doesn't like you because of how you look then he's a jerk and you don't need to give your attention to him.

Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Dating is a journey, it is an adventure.

I was on pof for one month and on the five date I've met my current b/f.

Relax, have fun, be yourself, be interested in him. Believe in yourself.

And don't let your negative thoughts about your weight (if you have any) get in the way.

Good luck!!!!!!!! (and report back on the date)
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Just have fun! If he doesn't see you for the gorgeous girl that you are then he's not worth it anyways!
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

You are CUTE! DOn't be nervous! Give yourself the confidence you deserve! A friend of mine met his current finacee' on P.O.F. Interesting story, this guy is like 5'10'', 165 lbs. So he's pretty lean. the girl only originally sent him head shots, no body shots, and when he met her, she was a little on the heavy side. But he liked her for her. Now they are engaged! So...it has a happy story, turns out she was afraid of rejection. We all get scared. I was scared when I met my current love. He still makes me nervous! lol Good luck, can't wait to hear about it!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

I have to chime in on this thread...

I have actually always made fun of one of my friends that met her soon-to-be husband on a dating site. I thought it was so awkward. One day in November of last year some random guy added me as a friend on Myspace. We began talking every once in a while through private messages. Then in February of this year he gave me his number and told me to text him so that we could keep in touch that way. That day he asked me out on a date for the next friday. I was a ball of nerves all week long. I actually considered cancelling on him the day of because I was convinced that I wouldn't be good enough (lets be honest, this boy was hotttt). I ended up getting enough nerve to go through with it and tomrrow is our 6 month anniversary. I knew the night of our first date that he was made for me. All the times growing up when people would say "when you meet the right person, you will just know" never made any sense until that night. I have never been happier in my entire life and am now a complete supporter of online dating.

You can miss out on so much if you let your insecurites bring you down and You can never have success without risk. Go on this date and bring confidence with you! There is nothing more sexy than a confident woman. Even if the first time doesn't go as well as you hope, don't give up. It will happen for you one day, I am living proof!
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #8  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

First of all, you're very pretty. Just had to say that.

Second of all...over the past year and a half or so, I've been on several dates with guys I've met online. Each and every time, I've been petrified. And each and every time, I was pleasantly surprised. I tend to get anxious over things and overanalyze and play the What-If game, so I would work myself into a ball of nerves over nothing, really. All three of the guys I went out with were interested...the cutest I actually met at my high weight!

Just have fun and go with it...I have a feeling you'll be pleasantly surprised and it will go really smoothly. You would have some sort of idea by now if he was the kind of jerk who would actually reject someone based on their weight or judge you for it. Good luck!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I find a lot of times we're far more fixated on our size than anyone else is. I met my husband through a mutual friend, but online. I went to school with the friend, and in a really odd twist, my husband and I ended up talking online... I sent my senior pics, which come on... Are not only mostly head shots, but touched up. I still remember him telling me they hadn't done me justice <3

You're just a person. A pretty, obviously interesting and engaging person if he likes you. Nerves are totally normal, but don't let it consume you.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #10  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I was on POF for a while in 2008, with not much luck. In Novdember of that year I saw a pic in the "new members" section which made me sit up. I nearly didn't message him because I thought he was far too goodlooking for me.

Last July I married him!

You are gorgeous - if it's meant to be, it will happen.

I met plenty of guys who were good looking on the surface but were boring, or unintelligent, or creepy, or sometimes perfectly nice, but there was just no spark.

Que sera sera. Good luck!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

In January I met this guy online. He was sweet. Too good to be true. After five days of chatting on AIM, he asked if he could get my number and call me. We set up a time so it wouldn't be awkward. That night we talked for four hours. By the end of the call he asked me out. Then we talked the next three nights before we had our first date on February 2nd. I was SO nervous. He turned out to be terrific. Tomorrow will be 7 months together for us.

Moral of the story: you are gonna be nervous, regardless of how you look or how much you weigh. Go into it with confidence, and if he's a douche (in any way), he wasn't worth it. You deserve a nice person and hold out until you find one!

I hope you will let us know how it goes!! Work it, girl! Oh, and be safe.

Last edited by ade903; 09-01-2010 at 07:00 PM.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #12  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

I met my The love of my life on POF lol..Although when my parents ask how we met I still say through friends, I cant bring myself to say the internet. We have been together for almost 2 years. And I was just as nervous as you and almost didnt go! But im glad i did. Be your self and have fun!

And if you want to calm you nerves a bit. Call up a girlfriend and tell her to call you 30 to 45 min into the date. if its awful pick up and say you have to leave. But if it is going well.... hit the ignore button.
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

well I have never had a good experience meeting guys online... Just thought I'd chime in because it is possible for it to be completely horrible... and believe me... all of mine were completely horrible... I haven't done the whole online dating thing in a very long time... Probably not since I weighed over 200 pounds or so
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

2phat - I'm perfectly fine saying we met online...but my boyfriend is not. He tells everyone we met at Best Buy (random...weird...but I told him that since it bothered him, I'd go along with whatever he came up with). Unfortunately before the date I had already told my family...so now they know, but go along with it because I don't want him to be uncomfortable...
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

like the others have said just go and have fun .. i met my partner off the internet (faceparty) and we just celebrated our 6th anniversary together! want to wish u all the best x
bbg200 is offline   Reply With Quote