This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Today I'm going to strangle someone

^_^
Old 08-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I've been completely on plan for a few days, however the scale said 166 this morning. That's plus 2 pounds. According to mydailyplate I took in double the amount of recommended sodium yesterday. I definitely did not drink as much water as usual. I've been drinking water like crazy today, I've already had 80 ounces. I'm hoping this helps. I eat a lot of canned soups and microwave dinners. This is how I lost the weight before because it really helps me with portion control. The only down side: SODIUM.

I've been feeling great since being back on plan... lots of energy. AND I found a new pair of running pants at Old Navy that have a tiny pocket that my phone will fit in perfectly, I love this because I hate carrying my phone when I go for runs!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

^I've become so salt phobic, but at times i really miss frozen meals. I've had the same dinner for over a week straight, sigh. I used to eat them a lot too. I bet that weight will be off in no time with adding in extra h20, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you casey.
(4 egg whites + various veggies + laughing cow lt cheese wedge on a rice cake. oh so exciting)

Hello all,
Eh i hate how i keep obsessing over letting myself gain so much weight. (um...i gained more weight in such a short time i really wonder if anyone else ever has. as in i was underweight before...the shame...and i did this is less then 8 months. horror and shock.) The amount of time i sit and obsess and hate myself over it does not change the fact that it happened. Small favor is i moved back in with my parents pre gain and really none of my friends have seen me, and well i refuse to visit b/c of my weight. Its a sad life i live.
My weight was stuck after really quickly losing for 3 weeks, and its finally *knocks on wood* starting to go down again, thank god. I seriously was LOSING my mind, i never expected it to be this hard so soon, esp considering how quickly i gained/am so so far above my body's set point. I also am now using my post gym weight, which maybe "cheating" but **** whatever gets me through this.

I just, the depression is pretty intense lately, but i keep on trying to focus on rebuilding my life, trying to be sane about losing the weight, and hopefully never allowing something to ever happen again. I just hate how i let this happen.
(and am really starting to worry about having excess skin and such...eek. terrified)

Sorry this post is so self-centered, i swear i won't be so all about me next time!

Last edited by cataclysmic; 08-03-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #64  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Dudes - it's been way too long!

I was going to come back here yesterday and let you know how much I missed you all after taking a few months off from weight loss with all the work stress and wedding stuff I had going on. I had a fantastically good time with everything, but to say I went off plan with food and exercise is a bit of an understatement... Fortunately, I only seem to be up a pound or two and I'm sure it'll come off quickly.

But then yesterday (technically the wee early hours of Sunday night/Monday morning), the condo next to us (we live in townhouse style condos) had a pretty serious house fire that took the life of our neighbor. My husband and I and our cats are all fine, and we're incredibly, incredibly lucky to have had minimal damage to our unit, but it was definitely a scary situation.

Needless to say, that derailed my plans a bit. So for now, I'm just checking in. I'm guessing things will still be crazy for a bit - at least until we figure out whether or not any of our shared wall needs to be replaced - but I'm going to do my best to keep my eating in check.

Hope you all are doing well - you're all looking fantastic! (And if I could just have a second for a mini-PSA, check your smoke detectors and have a plan for getting out of your house in an emergency. It's amazing how fast things can get out of hand.)
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 263/256/150

I'm new here and I have to say I loved reading this thread. At least I know I am doing the same thing everyone else is doing over the weekend. I am going to be a bridesmaid in 2wks and I am getting nervous. The dress fits but I need to cut the crap. I'm hoping everyones posts help motivate me to get off the couch and start doing something. Thanks everyone!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #66  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Welcome to all of the new faces!!!!

SMISEN - Welcome back love! I posted over in the photo album but you are a GORGEOUS bride!!!! You look wonderful and happy and I'm just so happy for you!!! I know you were stressed about the wedding and the dress (which you found and is beautiful!). I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. That's so scary but I'm glad you and your new husband are okay. Please stick around. You've been missed! More pictures, please.

Okay ladies, this is going to be a bit of a bummer moment just bare with me. I found out Sunday and old friend killed himself on Friday. Now, I will preface this by saying I only saw him when we were out partying. He was more than an acquaintance but not a BFF. I hadn't even talked to him in over a year and the last time I did was probably online. I had a HUGE crush on him. He came off as a hard *** but was a huge teddy bear. He was just an overall really awesome guy. My group of friends has lost a lot of people over the past 4 or 5 years. 3 of which were in a 2 month time period. I didn't realize how upset I was until AFTER the fact last night. All of my friends in ATL were at the funeral last night, another funeral I wasn't able to attend. Needless to say there may have been a bit of a binge. It could've been a lot worse, but I realized it in the middle of eating and continued to do so anyway.

Please don't look at this for a plea of sympathy or condolences. It's really more or less about my emotional eating.

-------------------------
HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!!!! One more day of waking up early for me and then I get to sleep in. So stoked. And I'm almost half way through a week of house/dog sitting. You're right Stella - I should be a professional house sitter.

Today is a NEW day with a brand new start.

Thank God for therapy today as well.

One of my coworkers just came in and said "I don't know what you're doing, but every time I see you you just keep getting thinner and thinner, you're doing a really good job."

I need all the motivation I can get right now.

How's everyone's week?!

Last edited by Feral; 08-04-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #67  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Smisen! I'm glad you're okay! And you looked beautiful! I really liked your flowers, as well. (sucker for flowers)

Okay. So Wednesday is kind of fired. I woke up early this morning because of really loud rain that freaked me and the kitty out. Then I overslept. So no gym this morning, but not a big deal as I can go after work and have a long work out (kind of excited). I'm just really dragging, so I'm eating my cookies now (100 calorie packs ftw).
Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Smisen! I'm glad you're okay! And you looked beautiful! I really liked your flowers, as well. (sucker for flowers)

Okay. So Wednesday is kind of fired. I woke up early this morning because of really loud rain that freaked me and the kitty out. Then I overslept. So no gym this morning, but not a big deal as I can go after work and have a long work out (kind of excited). I'm just really dragging, so I'm eating my cookies now (100 calorie packs ftw).
omg, it is wednesday For some reason I thought it was still tuesday and was bummed out that friday was so far away.

Btw, I tried the quinoa and all I can say is I <3 quinoa

ETA: I am down 1 lb today!

Last edited by nina125; 08-04-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #69  
Samantha417

No work today

But I have a lot of laundry to do.

I ate cereal about an hour ago, but I'm going to wait another 30 minutes. For whatever reason, my stomach has been cramping up after 5 minutes of running. I ran a couple days ago on an empty stomach and I was fine. But for the past 2 weeks I've cramped up to the point that I couldn't even walk until it was gone. So I'm guessing my stomach has gone back to being high maintenance and I have to wait 2 hours before running.

My scale has not been accurate..I don't think I trust it anymore. It tells me 3 different weights on the same floor at the same time. That's what I get for owning a cheap 10 dollar scale.

And my gym membership expires in 5 days. BOO.

Smisen: I saw your photos...you looked beautiful! congratulations on your wedding!!!

Feral: I'm giving you a ginormous air hug girl!!

casey: just get a good workout in and drink that water!! It happens sometimes and that's ok!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #70  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

OMG it totally is wednesday! Today has NOT been a good day so far. I have this massive headache and its mostly over my left eye...thinking maybe its almost like a migraine but I've never had one so how the **** would I know. The boys are being good so thats a plus. I vowed to be completely OP for at least a week and I need to get back on the working out train which I dont think is going to happen today because of this headache.

Feral- I've never house sat before but I would think it would be kinda boring

Samantha- YAY for no work today!!

Stella- If I had something I KNEW would you give you a pick me up this morning I would totally help you out girly. But seeing as how I dont get much sleep myself...work about every day and have 2 kids...a carb free rockstar is about my only vice haha.

Smisen- Glad to hear that everyone is ok. That would freak me out! Love your profile pic too
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! Happy Wednesday! ...Friday, please hurry!

Smisen - how scary! I'm glad you are okay, sorry to hear about your neighbor.
Feral - *hugs* you rock, btw.
stella - good for you being excited about a long workout...oh I long for that day!
nina - how did you cook the quinoa?
Samantha - you can have my gym membership. lol. I've had it for seven months...haven't used it in six..going to cancel it today. BF's new apartment has an amazing gym. Even a sauna. Oh, the life of the rich. I feel so out of place there.
BL- my migraines sound like you described. And anytime my heart rate increases, my head pounds and I want to die. I hope you feel better. I wouldn't wish one of those on anyone.

So the BF moved to a downtown city-type area. Do you know what that means? Yeah, there are about a million restaurants and bars within walking distance. So last night, I was way stressed out from the drive (So Cal traffic is just ridiculous...especially in Los Angeles)...and BF decides champagne would solve all of my problems. Well, I felt better, but then he decided walking to CPK for pizza was a good idea. And he decided to order us drinks. So I went from high energy from eating "clean" to low energy drunkenness from eating crap. At least the pizza had whole grain crust, right? Ugh. And I felt like crap this morning, too. I just need to start remembering how I'm going to feel BEFORE I put the pizza in my mouth...or the alcohol...or the [enter bad food here].
On a good note, I decided to leave the leftovers at home. I am not going to eat them. I've got my oats, apple, banana, strawberries, zucchini, celery, hummus, and tofu curry wrap all ready to go! AND --BF bought me a crock pot, so I'm cooking dinner as I sit here at work! I'm making Thai Peanut Pork. I made homemade teriyaki sauce, too. I haven't decided if I'll make bulgur or quinoa to dish it over...moral of the story - we are NOT going out tonight.
As for this weekend, we are seeing Rent at the Hollywood Bowl (Neil Patrick Harris directed it and Wayne Brady is in it) on Friday (can you say way too excited???). Saturday will be a birthday party for a family friend. They always have the best food. But I'm going to bring my cooler full of "clean" food. Because I'll feel so much better.
Have a wonderful day my lovelies!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

The scale said 165 this morning. That's 1 pound down, but still not where it was. Oh well, I'm just going to keep on truckin' .... I feel so much better since I started working out again. It is soo ridiculously hot here though. I can't wait until I can go for my jogs in the afternoons.

BL-I get migraines. Mine are related to stress. I get them on the left side of my head, and behind my left eye. I've tried prescription medications but I have found that the best thing for me is excedrin migraine (rapid release caps) and a diet mountain dew. My doctor recently prescribed Klonopin for the anxiety and stress and my headaches have gotten soo much better, I feel like a new woman haha. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, migraines are the worst!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #73  
Brighter than the moon!

Becky - I get migraines a lot. Honestly, the only thing that works for me is hydration and Dr. Pepper (its the caffeine). I can't have diet anything, but I'm sure that would help too.

Yay the day's halfway over!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

caffeine helps my migraines, too. Those wonderful little Excedrin migraine pills have a lot. I usually have tons of coffee when I get one. Yet I still crash. A couple of months ago I was prescribed Immatrex (sp?) and it has become my new best friend. Only thing is you have to take it when you feel it coming on...if you wait it's too late. And I am able to function and work while on it. So really, I don't know how many migraines I've prevented, but I know I haven't been dead for four days because of a migraine!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #75  
Brighter than the moon!

I took Imitrex once - I had gone to the hospital because I was throwing up due to a migraine (lovely, I know) and they gave me a shot of it. Weirdest sensation ever - I could feel it moving in my brain. Cool, just weird.
Closed Thread