Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #1  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Default Weekly Chat August 25-31

Happy Monday, everybody!

Thought I would get the weekly chat going. Hope all you ladies are doing well. Here's to a great, on-plan week!

I am super excited today, because I have finally weighed in two days in a row under 152. I had been stuck at that number for what felt like forever (probably more like a month ) and now I am sososo close to the 140s.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

Congrats almost there!! This week i am moving back to school so it will be a hectic week but so far so good.
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey well done Jessica! that's great news!

This morning I weighed in 6 lbs less than yesterday (I was +2lb then) so I'm a bit confuddled. Anyway I'm just plodding along, enjoying my freedom before I'm back to college & work. Eeeep.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Good morning all!

Well the good news is that I didn't gain weight. *sigh* I am exactly the same weight I have been for almost 2 months! I was starting to worry that my scale was broken and it could only display 236, so I picked up a 5lb weight and stepped on and it read 241, so that's not it. This is v. odd.

I discovered the produce section at the grocery store on Friday. Usually, I pick up a bag of salad and keep going, but I picked up a few bags of salad (for lunch and dinner). I decided to get some celery so I had to go farther than usual into the product section and that's when I spotted the apples! LOL! they moved them from the front (near the salad) to the back a few months ago and for the longest, I had no idea where they were so I just wasn't buying them. And I found artichoke hearts! The produce section is a cool place.

And I noticed that I've been super calorie conscious lately. I didn't have any chocolate this weekend. Not one piece. I can't believe it. I would go into the fridge to get like a milky way or a recees cup but then I'd think about the 80 cals I could be spending else where and walk away. Maybe I have more will power than I thought. I'm going to be super tested this weekend; I'm scheduled to go out to dinner Thur, Fri and Sat and BBQ on Mon. That's going to be scary.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Good morning ladies!

Just keep- That's awesome! I was actually thinking of you last night. I was watching finding Nemo.

Spoz- I almost didn't recognize you, you changed your picture! lol That's awesome girl.

Cali- you are too funny! You had me cracking up... I heart fresh veggies.

So I didn't do real good this weekend but not super bad. I ate more carbs than normal. but no big deal. I got a marriage proposal in the corner store yesterday. It was funny. The guy was following me around like a lost puppy, and then when he found out I was from the south, he asked me to marry him. Needless to say he DID NOT get my number, but it was flattering. The owner told me that I need to meet his son... I was like these people are crazy, but it was good for the self esteem.

I've been working out three times per week, but I've been doing squats, leg lifts, crunches at the house. I'm a little sore today! I'm liking how my legs are looking. I'm still struggling with not eating too many calories. Ever since I bumped up my cals, I've had no problem eating, I have to make sure I always choose good stuff.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  
Burning it away

Here we go - I figured I could use some daily inspiration in my posts to help lose the weight

Haha thats so sweet! My proposals usually come from old men and (pardon the stereotype) turkish men who lurk around the city. Maybe if I hit goal I'll start attracting my own kind

You're doing great though, wish I had the motivation to move.

Last edited by Spoz; 08-25-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Ugh, I'm sick ladies!! I haven't been to the gym in...probably 5 days and I'm coughing up all sorts of nasty crap. I feel like poo!! I want to have tons of energy and be motivated and losing, but I can barely motivate myself to go to work (which I HAVE to do because I really need money).

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so frustrating
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  

Spoz- You're funny. This guy was actually a white guy, but he seemed country, which I'm Arkansas and I KNOW country. I prefer not country. I'm getting antsy in my weight loss. I really want to see more improvement hints the moving more.

Arts- I'm sorry you don't feel good. You should get some orengo oil. It's the cure all. When I'm sick, I put 5 drops in a little shot glass with some juice along with 10 drops of GSC (grapefruit seed extract) and it cures anything in a day or so.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all, it seems like everyone had a good weekend. Like most of my weekends these days, I had fun... but fun involved a lot of food. Notably, chips and chocolate cake... My bf and I threw a bbq and the weekend, just b/c summer's almost over and we thought it would be fun. Well.... 2 of our friends showed up with "congrats on your engament cards!" No idea why, but they seriously thought it was an engament party. It made me laugh, but it totally freaked out the bf!

I don't know what is with me. I just can't seem to stay motivated with anything these days. I watch what I eat for like 2 days then I'm back in my old habbits, I can't seem to make myself go to the gym. I'm just being lazy and unmotivated about everything. Sigh, anyone have any ideas about how to kick my but into gear?

Heather those random mariage proposal are always a good bost to the self-esteem. I do wonder what would happen if a girl every said yes, though. Do you think the guy would actually go through with it?

Arts hope you feel better soon.

Caligirl Good luck with all the events. I'm in a similar boat. I've got dinner out on Thursday, Bday party on Friday, my bf's family is in town for the weekend so their coming to my place for dinner on saturday, then his mom is cooking dinner on sunday. it's like I'm a social hermit for weeks (and usually when I don't care what I'm eating) then when I attempt to eat healthy I'm miss popular and everyone wants to spend time with me and it all involves food.

Spoz Hopefully, it an actually 6lbs loss. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Jessica congrats!!!!

Last edited by shantroy; 08-25-2008 at 12:43 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #10  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Arts--poor baby! Hope you feel better soon! Everything I've read indicates that it's not a good idea to work out if you're truly sick because it can just mess things up more, so don't feel guilty about it. You can only push your body so far! Hope you feel better very soon.

I've been feeling a little yucky lately, too. In the past week, I've gotten really bad nausea a few times right before bed. Just feeling like I could throw up at any second. Last night I felt absolutely awful; I took some Mylanta but it did nothing. It makes me not want to eat because I'm worried that something I'm eating might be causing it (plus I feel like if I DO eat, I'll definitely throw up) but obviously I can't just starve myself! So frustrating.

In addition to that, I didn't exercise at all yesterday. I've tried to make it one of my daily goals to get at least 30 mins of activity every day, and at first I was so good at it and usually got 50 mins or so, but recently I've found that I just don't want to do it. I'd gotten really sick of exercise DVDs and I can't go to the beach (to swim) anymore because it keeps screwing up my ears! I'm thinking about starting to ride my bike, but I never know when/where to go riding. I'm trying not to beat myself up too badly for yesterday, but I'm worried that I'm going to start slipping. My eating habits are as good as ever, but you can't lose weight without exercise! It's definitely showing on the scale, too. I lost much less this week than I have in other weeks. Oh well!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #11  
Changing for the better

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great weekend!

Yesterday we had a going-away party before I leave for Spain on Saturday, so there was lots of food....and the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever had! I definitely ate a lot yesterday but am keeping it light this week to make up for it. Of course, it doesn't help that there are tons of leftovers in the fridge (salads, coleslaw, cake, etc.), but I will do my best!!

Sunday morning I went to the gym and did 4 miles on the treadmill (mostly running, woohoo!) It is getting noticeably easier to run for longer periods of time, and I think I've broken in my new running shoes by now since they felt a lot better yesterday.

I lowered my goal weight to 102 since I am still significantly chubby, even at 106lbs...it sounds so low, but with my frame and height I don't want to go over 104lbs or so (with muscle). So that is where I am heading! Maintenance, here I come

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 08-25-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #12  

I'm pissed! I just popped onto my bf's facebook page to write him a note since he's out of town for the week. One of the guys who was at our bbq this weekend left him a wall post that said "Hey man had an awesome time at the bbq on friday. It must be nice to have a rich gf like that... She got any friends?" I am abosutely livid right now!

I am not rich. Yes my house is very nice. My parents are helping me out with the place (coz in this housing market I couldn't buy a garden shed in the worst area of town) but I furnished it all on my own, bought every piece of furniture on sale - nice pieces that I got cheap, b/c they we floor models or end of season stuff. I shopped and shopped to make sure that my place was dectorated nicely, but on a budget...

2nd my bf makes wayyyy more money than I do.

I don't know what it's botherning me so much.... It just is. I've always struggled with the fact that my parents are fairly well off, I don't know why, but it's always been a touchy subject for me. It's just one of those things I guess....
Old 08-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #13  
Burning it away

Shan - thats understandable, It's annoying when people hold our circumstances against us. I guess in a way it feels like you haven't achieved something on your own or you don;t get the recognition for it! I'd say ignore him, he clearly just proved why he's single..
Old 08-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #14  

Shan: The guy who is probably an idiot and doesn't think before he speaks, probably meant it as a compliment. I would just take it that way. You have a nice house, and obviously you have class.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #15  

Spoz, LOL! Yeah, he's most definately single for a number of reasons!
Hether I should propbably take it as one those backhanded complements....

I guess what also bothers me is I know that a couple of other people at the party said something similar. Well if those people think my bf got a suga moma - they couldn't be further from the truth. Let 'em think what they want....

Last edited by shantroy; 08-25-2008 at 01:21 PM.