S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

It is!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #107  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Icon, you want me to kick your scale's a$$? I'll do it, even if I have to come all the way to beautiful NZ...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #108  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Yes please :'( Freaking water weight, freaking colds, freaking weather gah!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #109  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Holy ish girls, i just ran four miles and it felt great! my knee is probably at 95% now. and i didnt jog four miles, i RAN four miles. WOOOO

i'm doing another 5k on sunday. i thought it was next weekend, but realized last night that its in a few days! no worries, i'll be ready!! i'm excited because its flat and its supposed to be a fast course.
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #110  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

OMG modcloth actually has a cute dress in plus sizes, up to a 3X! http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModClo...Black+Licorice

I'm in Jersey. The boy got me these cute little stones that say "I love you..." on one side and things like "...because of your beautiful smile" and "...because you're an inspiration" on the other side. He also hid in the velvet bag they came in a little ring that has both of our birth stones in it for our 1 year anniversary. He's so cute. I also got roses at the airport.

Ugh I have two papers to write by Wednesday and I haven't started, oops. One of them has to be 20 pages.

Official weigh in for the week is tomorrow, send me woosh-tastic thoughts please! lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Jess, YOU ARE SO HARDCORE AND AWESOME. I've failed W4D1 of c25k twice now and I am ready to give up on running altogether.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #111  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i bounced up to 201...gonna stop eating rice and pasta again.

it'll come off i'm gonna be stuck doing alot of walking soon, cross your fingers that my hubby gets a job like tomorrow we really need this to happen, its going to mean a month or so of single mom stuff until he's gotten money put away to come home and get us
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:09 AM   #112  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Good Morning. So my thought i'm pondering 2 days this week after dinner i've wanted something sweet so i've had yogurt the mornings following i've been 2 up 2lbs think theres any connection?
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #113  
Brighter than the moon!

Icon - I'm coming!!

Jess - you are amazing

Sam - yay Jersey (not in hockey right now) and double yay
for sweet boyfriends. Do you have allergies? I've been having a lot of problems breathing lately with all of the pollen, so maybe try Zyrtec on a running day?

I hate hockey. I really love it, but I couldn't watch my team play because of the channels, and now they're out because of friggin Philadelphia. Time to get that Caps shirt and hope the Flyers go DOWN. I dreamt I was playing hockey last night, woke up a mess with the cat fretting over me. Gym after work it is.

I had cookies last night - homemade chocolate chip peanut butter (reduced fat) so we'll see what the scale says.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

All week I have been doing 60 mins walking in the afternoon, then my MMA/Largo in the evening, my body feels so good! And my illness is gone. Thanks for all the support ladies!

Congrats Haley on 194, thats awesome news!!!!

I feel like pure garbage mentally today, my boyfriend ended our relationship last night after about 7 months because he said he just couldn't give me what I needed and he has so much stress in his life that he has been taking it out on me and how its not fair blah blah blah.......I've been crying for about 3 days now and my heart hurts really bad, this is honestly my first real broken heart, because he's he first guy I ever let my guard down with...figure that one out. Thank goodness its Friday! I have to get through a full day of work without breaking down - wish me luck!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #115  
Brighter than the moon!

Jenny -
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #116  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Starmac - I am glad to be able to give you a bit of a boost and hope that your workout was just fabulous! OMG...mango sounds fantastic...*drool* I know exactly where you were coming from, though.

A little over a year ago, WWIII started with my monster-in-law. She has been abusive to my hubby his entire life (we have all told him that he turned out as great as he has in spite of his family rather than because of them). Anyways, when we got married 3 years ago, lots of badness went down that culminated about a year ago for him. She has directed all of her blame and anger at me and I really thought I was going to lose it.

I am definitely a Type-A and have always tried to be great at everything I set my mind to. I have always been the "good girl" and the chaparone...the "I'm so glad she's hanging out with you, because you'll never let her get into trouble", catholic school girl, scholarship, overachiever. This extended into my romantic life, trying to be the best girlfriend and best "son's girlfriend". To be told that I single handedly destroyed some relationship that my husband says never existed killed me. I finally decided that giving her control over my feels was giving her much more space in my life than I was okay with. I got a grip and told myself that she no longer mattered. I support the hubby in however he wants to handle his family, but really: his family = his problem. She is no one I want as a part of my life, so she gets none of my brain space. DONE. It also ties into Stella's quote. We have to save ourselves.

aliquot - Your bf sounds just wonderful. What a great gift! Congrats! Deep breath on the papers. 20 pages really isn't so bad. It's only 10 pages single spaced, maybe 5-6 paragraphs a page. I ALWAYS type in single spaced. I even belong to a FB group "Typing my papers single spaced makes my double spaced result climactic!" haha You can knock that out in a couple of hours, easy. AND if it's a research paper...heart those article abstracts and "fluff" it up if you're feeling drained.

Jenny - *HUGS* I am so sorry to hear you hurting. Things work out as they are meant to...this tough situation is leading up to something far better for you. You deserve to be happy...it's Friday, let's make that happen for you!
__________________________________________________ _____________

My jogging plans for last night sorta backfired. My parents came over to the farm to help mark out the last line of fence to enclose our larger mini field, so then they wanted to go to dinner. (I'm super glad I was a good girl with my food choices, because we went for pizza!)

After they left, Chris (hubby) wanted to finish up the line of fence they had put up the other day (save for the rails). We spent about 40-45 mins finishing that and it called for a lot more physical strength than I expected. I think I got a fairly good workout from it. The boards are 16' long and are pressure treated, so combined that the moisture from the rain wednesday and yesterday, they were pretty heavy.

I am so super glad this week is finally over! Today is pretty much Christmas for me. We ordered a Newer Spreader (google it, pretty cool) to eliminate our manure pile and fertilize our fields, and that comes today. We are also upgrading to my phone to a Blackberry...I'm moving out of the dark ages!!! Hope everyone had a great night!
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #117  
Samantha417

OH FRICK.

I just typed up personals for you guys, and I pressed the wrong button and they disappeared!!! I don't have time to retype them.

But..

GINORMOUS HUGS for those who are having crummy days. Keep your heads up, and we're all here for you!

and...
GO FLYERS!!!!!

Sorry Stella, I had to do it. Gotta support my Philly teams. But with the luck our team has been having this season, we'll get to the semi finals or the finals and lose.

I went running for 25 minutes around the whole town of Bloomsburg yesterday, and then I was still energized so I went to the gym and was on the stairmaster for 35 minutes. I set that sucker to high! My hip was sore yesterday from it but that's gone, but I'm sore all over today...but a good sore! And the scale lied to me from two days ago. I'm still at 143.8. Blah. Plateau again.

Have a great friday everyone. Keep up the good work and kick some butt!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #118  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Jess - OMG! Yay for knees back to almost 100%! Let us know how your run goes! I'll be thinking about you!!!!

Sam - ummm your bf gets super awesome points!!!! That was so sweet! And OMG that dress is freakin' ADORABLE. I just don't have the confidence to wear dresses skirts to be honest. I pick myself apart HORRIBLY when I wear them or even try them on. You should totally get it!!!

Lissa
- My suggestion would be to try whole wheat pasta and brown rice instead of white. Also, if you're eating breads that day don't eat a pasta/rice during another meal. See if that helps, but I have the same problem sometimes. If I eat a lot of pasta during the week (like a few days in a row) I kind of see a stall. Or at least I think I do. *shrugs* Play around with it and see what's triggering you. Good luck on the job hunt for the hubby!

Skinny- I'm not sure yogurt would be the culprit of you seeing a 2lb gain the next morning. Are you eating things high in sodium? Are you drinking enough water? Have you been working out (water retention)? Try not eating the yogurt and see what happens. Unfortunately everyone's bodies are different so we're like our own science experiements.

Stella - LMAO! Yay hockey (booo... dang I just can't say go Caps I'm sorry)...

Jenny - I'm so sorry sweetheart, those are so hard. The important thing to remember is to take it out at the gym and not on the food. Food isn't going to fix it... and you can make him sorry he lost your hot self! Let us know if you need anything. We're here. I'm sure there's been one or two of us that have been in your shoes. All I can say is this, and I know it's cliche as ****, but time really does heal most wounds. It may take a long time and some days will be better than others, but eventually you'll see it was for the best. You may not get over it completely, but you'll be able to love again and let your guard down. This comes from someone who has been VERY closed off and is great at disassociating. It's taken me a really long time, but I'd rather wear my heart on my sleeve and feel the pain than feel the pain of isolating myself.

Oh crosspost:

Lauren - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! LOL Sounds like you did get quite the work out. That's one of the things I'm excited about on the farm this summer. I know it's going to kick my a$$ hardcore, but I know it will be worth it and I'll walk away with more knowledge and a stronger person (both mentally and physically).

Samantha
- I hate when it does that!!!!! Sounds like yesterday was awesome for you as well. I love a "good sore" kind of day.
--------------
So my bro's bday weekend is HERE! I may have mentioned this before. We're going to the neighborhood bar tomorrow night (I swear it really is like Cheers) which means debauchery will ensue. I'm making about 3 dozen cupcakes (and hopefully eating NONE *willpower*) to take up there with us. I figured that was easier than a cake because people can just grab and go - no need for forks and all that bull****.

Brian (my bro)'s friend owns a boat and they go out on the lake periodically. My bro really wants to go out tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll be able to join. I'd really love to spend the day on the lake and drink a few beers! Get some sun cause my pastey butt needs to start getting a lovely brown.

Sunday will be family bday lunch (and hopefully not miserable due to hangovers).

Tonight I have lots of errands to do AND I have to go to the gym because I took Monday as a rest day (silly girl!).

Last night at the gym I did another 30 min on the Arc Trainer. It seemed like much more of a struggle than it did on Tuesday. I ate a banana Tuesday before I left work and headed to the gym so I'm going to try the same thing tonight and see if it helps.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!

Last edited by Feral; 04-23-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #119  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Feral I dont know it havent eaten the yogurt 2 nights in a row one was tues the other thurs just weird the 2 mornings after those us up 2 and like thurs after the wed up 2 it was down 2. i workout everyday about the same no more sodium than normal just odd

Getting ready to go do some walking with a friend yay
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Jenny- Plenty of hugs for you! We're here for ya.

Misplaced- All your farm work sounds like fun. You're gonna get super strong, girl, doing all that work!

Samantha- Stick with it and ride that plateau out!

Feral- Go banana! I've started cutting a banana in half and eating half before my workout, and half right after. I also have a jar of keifer in the fridge that I go for a sip of. It's like magic for me. And makes workouts easier for some reason.

Skinnybride- It could simply be a normal fluctuation? I added some yogurt to my diet everyday and there is no trouble. As long as you're not exceeding calories...

-------------------

Augh, this week has been so busy I haven't posted in here at all yet. Sad! I've been around a little bit but I've restrained myself from reading it because I've had no time!

Do any of you realize what kind of stress the week of Earth Day is for an environmental science major on a college campus? Haha... I've been a crazy environmentalist all week running around and giving presentations, and picking up garbage, and hugging trees and all. It's great.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote