Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 19 Feb - 25 Feb**

Last full week of Feb ladies and gents. I am astounded that we are nearly in March already!

I am out with an injury. My heel spur has blown up beyond proportions and I am in absolute agony at the back of my heel. I think it is from driving my boyfriends car for the last two days last week. On Friday afternoon, the back of my heel started to hurt and now it is so painful. I was in tears yesterday afternoon - it hurt so much.

Hopefully some yoga tonight will help stretch it out.

I hope everyone's weekend went well
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #2  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh Ange, that sounds terrible. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I had an amazing weekend. Friday I kinda went overboard for dinner, but Saturday and Sunday were great, even with going to Cici's Pizza for lunch yesterday and having too much. Today is going to be a great day too...The Taste Of Home Cooking School is here today!!!! I'm so excited. I was shocked to see it was going to be in this small town, but it's not even the first one they've done. I plan to get there as soon as the doors open so I can walk the stands, and just walk to get my exercise in, and then the demonstrations start at 7. I can't wait to go. I think I might actually go back to sleep for a little while now though, I didn't sleep well last night.

Taste of Home rocks!!!
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #3  
zuluprincess

S/C/G: 269/205/176

Height: 5'5"

I had to go to the doctor last thursday because i couldn't breathe. I had a cold that just seemed to be getting worse. Anyway, he said i had acute bronchitis. Thankfully i only have one more day of antibiotics. I'm feeling very anxious to get back to the gym because i haven't been in so long. I think i'm going to start off really slow and just do weights starting on wednesday. By next week monday i want to really be in the swing of things. I was strict with myself this time around because i usually eat anything when i'm sick. I stuck to healthy foods and lots of water an i've managed to lose weight, even without the exercise. I'll see how things work out this week. Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work. Ange, i hope you feel better soon. Ciao for now...
zuluprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Daisy- Yikes! Does not sound fun. Hope the yoga helps. Sometimes I think it's the cure all.

Tracy- that sounds like so much fun (the cookng school). I should look for stuff like that around here. I was just telling my boyfriend that I would love to take an advanced cooking class or something.

zuluprincess- I have had one bronchitis experience and I hope to never have one again. It's good that you are pacing yourself- I'm a big believer that we tend to over-do it when we're sick. Hope you get back to full speed soon, though!

I am getting over a stomach thing myself. My diet consisted of mashed potatoes, applesauce and cola for most of the week and I won't even divulge what the scale read. I had no idea the human body could gain weight so fast either way, it's time for the cleanup. All those veggies I bought last week are getting juiced and I'm back to running again and I've also decided to give alcohol the boot for the time being. This girl was just having too much fun! I'm also planning for a trip to Nashville to interview with various production companies and performing rights societies in a month and I want to look and feel my very best.

Hope you girls have a fabulous week!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #5  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

I also had a 'stomach bug' yesterday...er...worst hangover of my life that had me worshipping the porcelain god all day Sunday. I felt awful but it was my own fault, I should have known better than to drink on an empty stomach. I finally felt up to eating some noodles late last night, and pop tarts. Not great but there was no way I could handle the smoked salmon omelet I had planned, and that was all I ate all day. I had just about gotten back to clean eats after my several day chocolate-fest last week. And I won't be drinking for a while! I did work out 6 days last week. I'll have to see when I weigh-in tomorrow morning what damage the chocolate did.

I'm leaving this Thursday-Sunday for a reunion w/ some college girlfriends. We're going skiing (great exercise!), and I can usually talk them into being fairly healthy. In the mean time I've got workouts and clean eats planned for the rest of this week.

Daisy, I hope your heel heals quickly (no pun intended). It sounds painful.

Tracy, what is Taste of Home? It sounds familiar... anyway, it sounds fun.

zuluprincess, way to stick with the healthy eating. That can be difficult when you're sick.

junebug41, I'm giving up alcohol with you! Perhaps some of the scale reading was water weight?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #6  
Goodbye Fat!

My headache at work today will not go away! I even resorted to drinking some caffeine to see if it would work and no dice. Sounds like everyone is not feeling that great, maybe we can start the week off on a better start tomorrow.

Tracy, we have the taste of homecooking coming to our town in a few weeks and I am just as excited. This week we have what is called and Epicurean Extravaganza which is where all the catering business and restaurants demo samples of new menu items. It will be great and as a result I am going to be pulling two a day workouts for the next three days.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #7  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

So, I have found a new machine that I love at the Y. I tried it before, but was iffy about it. But it wasn't the one that you use your arms also. It's the elliptical. I burnt 200+ calories in 20 minutes! I was amazed. Think I am going to do that instead of the treadmill for awhile, and see if the results are better.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 AM   #8  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

I just did something bad, and I feel SO horrible. The past few days I have been having trouble with insomnia again, and I can't sleep. I was getting frustrated tossing and turning, and I went downstairs..got a tub of ice cream out of the freezer..edy's fudge track or what not..and sat in the floor and ate I don't know how much..guesstimating..probably a cup. =/

I feel like I am taking a step backwards, and I hate it.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Everyone is sick! oh my!

I am too.. blah! I got sick on Saturday night and spent my entire long weekend (plus a sick day) in bed watching tv. Grrrr. I went to the gym sunday, and I knew it was going downhill. Probably shouldn't have done it.. oh well. My voice is still froggy but I feel better... except now i have cramps.. cruel, cruel world!! I'm going to try to go for a light gym session tonight though, I think that might help. Plus, I'm going stir crazy not exercising.

Ange, Yikes, that sounds terrible! I hope you're able to stay off the ankle for a bit and it heals quickly. You'll be back to normal in no time!

Tracy, so cool! How was the demonstration?

Zuluprincess, bronchitis is NOT fun! I hope you're feeling better. It's a good idea to really ease back into working out because you never know when it might flare up. I'm sure you'll be careful though.Feel better!

Jen, hope you're feeling better too! Weight loss is a LOT easier without the booze. There was a time in my life when I was all about it, I spent hours trying to figure out a way to keep booze in my "diet" and lose weight, and it just doesn't go together. Bummer! Oh well.

Megan, oh yes, haven't we all had days like that? Eek! Hope you're feeling better! That's a great idea for a "reunion," have a great time!

Brooke, I loooove the elliptical.. i can't stand the cross trainer (the one with the arms, whatever)... it doesn't tire me out as much as the one without the arms for soem reason, but my feet fall asleep and i just freaking HATE it! I usually program it to the interval setting and turn up the resistance... it's a great workout. Sorry about the ice cream.. insomnia is a really hard thing to deal with! Sometimes I'm on the boards in the middle of the night, anything to keep me from going into the kitchen. We're here for you.. chin up, lady!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #10  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

Lost 2 lbs! YES! Shocks the out of me because of some of the things I've eaten.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #11  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I told my S.O. that i would pay him $500 if he can get me to a six-pack by summer. He wont take the money but it motivated me.

Did 4 miles last night.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #12  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

I lost two pounds last week, which I was pretty shocked about since I was away for a day and had limited control over my eating. Plus, BF and I went for pizza (thin crust, that makes it better, right?) on Saturday and I *REALLY* enjoyed it. Those were big cheats for me. Maybe the scale will catch up this week. I hope not, though.

I have only worked out once this week. Bleah. There's still tomorrow and Sunday, though.

I've decided to allow myself 1 meal a week where I can eat what I want. I'm not going to go nuts and have a LOT (i.e. fast food meal, plus fattening dessert) or anything, but if I want to go out for breakfast, I will. If my mom wants to make me chicken stew & dumplings, I'll eat it. I figure if I try to watch my portions and ensure that it's just once a week and I'm OP the rest of the time, I should be okay. It might help keep me motivated, cuz I'm getting sick of eating the same stuff all the time.

Any thoughts on this? I'd love some input.

Sorry everybody's sick and/or injured.

Any fun plans for the weekend?
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #13  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

I exercised 4 times in this week but I had a bit of a binge yesterday and today.. nothing like the way it used to be but not like my normal schedule. I've been feeling stressed and I've been pushing myself after being sick for so long. I hope i didn't gain this week. Next week, I'll be going back to normal completely.

RidiculouslyAddicted: tomorrow, I'm going to a Middle East themed dinner. The girls who are throwing it are in Weight Watchers so I expect it will be full of healthy choices.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #14  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

So, we went to the club again last night. Met up with some friends. They were party poopers though. They wouldn't dance that much. I danced for probably 30 minutes, and that's it. =/ Played some pool, which was awesome..but I really suck at pool. LOL! Anywho. So..once again I didn't drink..drank water. Saved a lot of calories, carbs, etc. Which makes me very proud. Also, we all went to Denny's again..and I stuck to my Lent Promise of no fast food, etc. Which I think of as no carrying out, no eating in, only cooking at home kinda promise. Yanno? Which makes me even more proud. It was such torture watching everyone eat my favorite types of foods though. I love breakfast food. LOL. I started having a sugar crash headache though, and everyone kind of forced me to drink a glass of orange juice. Got some advil at the kroger...and that still didn't help..so..We stopped at this store on the way back home and I got some cookies. I didn't have that many calories or what not yesterday so..it didn't hurt me that much. I hope...LOL. It made me feel better though. So. That's good.

Ah..anywho. Rambling away, sorry bout that. haha.

Have to go over to our house and continue packing & cleaning. Moving to a bigger place. Really haven't had time to exercise because we have a time frame to move...and with work and everything. But, I guess packing, and what not and lifting boxes can count as exercise?

Hope ya'll are having a great day.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Shelby, the "free meal" idea sounds good to me as long as you can keep it at that and you're honest about recording it. Some people can bounce right back after doing their planned "off meal" and it's great for them.Unfortunately I"m not one of them- one meal turns into three or four and I ruin a day and a half, but it usually ends up evening out.

I agree that it could help you stay on track because it'll give you something to look forward to/a change of pace/maybe a little boost to the metabolism. Give it a shot and see if it works for you and let us know how it goes!

How was everyone's weekend?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote