Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat ~ March 19 -25

good morning chickadees

how was everybody's weekend? mine was good but it went by way too fast!

Sassy - how are you feeling today? I hope you didn't come down with a bug!

Leenie - when you have a minute tell me a little about your cooking on Sunday for the week. Do you cook it and then put it in plates and freeze so you just warm it up like that on the night you're eating it? or how do you do that? I've never tried cooking for the week so I'm curious.

Well I have tons of work to do and I'm thinking about going and picking up a new computer for work today and tackling "the transfer". iiiiii yii yi yi but it's got to be done. I've been putting it off.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hi Cathy, good to see ya and so chipper New puter huh... good luck.
It really depends on what I cook. This week I made a whole bunch of chicken legs (cooked in the oven), stuffing, a macaroni dish with ground beef and spag sauce, mixed veggies and some acorn squash. I just cook it and put it all in the frig, so when we come home we just dish a portion out and heat it up. I also sliced some zucchini up and I'll sautee that tonight but at least when I get home its all ready. If I make a big batch of something i might freeze some.

Well today's another busy one so my chicklets, I must go.

Breakfast today is coffee and whole wheat teeny bagel w/sf jelly
Lunch - salad
Dinner see above LOL

TOODLES
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Well I started walking my son to school again today. It is finally warm enough to do that again. It was fun. My mom picked me up at the school after I walked him there, then we went to my sisters house to do aerobics (it is more toning than real aerobic workout) then she dropped me off at my house and I am about ready to head out again to go pick him up from school. I will get about 6 miles in today. It feels good to be walking again. I just love the feel of it.

I lost another pound last week, so I am still doing well on that end.

Well I will talk to you all later it is good to see both Cathy and Leenie that you are doing well.

Off I go.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Trish 6 Miles thats awesome !!!!!! I'm lucky if I get 1 LOL (pretty sad eh).
You go girl, and congrats on the 1 lb down WHOOT!

Well its happy happy tuesday

Nothing much happening in Leenie Land, sosdd. Just trying to behave and watch the calories sigh.

The pain from my knee and finger arthritis kept me awake last night. I can't take anti-inflam's so I'm caught between a rock and a hard place... better days will come Hurry summer LOL (it hurt b/c of the rain).

Anyway, I will talk to you all later, have a BLESSED day and enjoy.

Love Yah's
Leenie
Old 03-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I'm having one of those frazzly days, ya know. My head's going a mile a minute in incomplete thoughts but I'm weary and can't get started with anything but the computer isn't busy enough. It's weird almost like a coiled energy that I won't be able to control if it blows.

I think I'll try a walk or some crafting ... another focus, ya know?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

UGH. We went over our friends yesterday and they had just gotten over being bad sick. I was careful and didn't touch anything there and barely even moved from where I was sitting. As soon as I came home I washed my hands really good, but I still got it I think.

I took some tylenol pm's lastnight because DH said I was warm and I was very achy, still am. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon and really don't want too, but DH ordered me some egg drop soup, so I will try that, but I'm scared to even eat that.

I'm going to take some Dayquil and lay down on the futon and watch tv.

I hope you all are doing well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies! thank you for the warm welcome from my post last week. sorry I didn't get here sooner to say hi again.

Nice and sunny here today, but it was cold last night! 2 below zero. Come on warm weather!

hope you all have a good day
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

hey gang
just dropping in to say HI to the gang.
i'm trying to get my new computer set up
be back when i can
later gaters
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Hey all, I'm still alive and kicking yet! lol.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi girls,

Its been a crazy week for us all huh

Sassy, feel better

Holly its good to see you. I'm jealous of your sunny weather. Its drab and gray in Jersey... can't wait for the summer, we're all going stir crazy.

Cathy buzzy girl ? lol

Well nothing much is going on, sosdd. Trying to eat right but its just not working... calorie wise that is but todays a new day.

Any good plans for the weekend?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Well I got out and enjoyed walking for a couple of days and then the weather turned bad again. I have just decided to enjoy it when I can and not dwell when I can't. I am still doing aerobics at my sisters so that is going well. But boy is it nice to get out into the fresh air and really spend time enjoying it. When I was a kid I always spent most of my time outside. Since I have grown I do less than that. I am not really sure why, but I enjoy it when I do. My DH and I have decided that this summer we are going to buy a national parks pass so that we will have more of an excuse to go hiking. I live in Southeast Idaho so there are lots of parks around and not very far away. We both love hiking so I think this will really motivate us. We both were backpackers etc. I think it will be fun for us this summer and do us a lot of good. Not just physically but mentally also to get out in the nice sun and just enjoy life.

Sassy I hope that you feel better soon. I hate to be sick.

Cathy and Leenie - You girls are always so busy.

Holly glad to see you back. Have a great one.

Well talk to you later.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Goodness this week is sure flying by. Everyone seems so busy!!
Trish congrats on the exercise!
Sassy, hope you are feeling better.
Susan I sure hope you are having a better day, I hate it when my head won't shut off, besides that I get dizzy as I literally go around in circles trying to figure out what I'm doing
Leenie and Cathy take it easy!
Hi Holly!

Over the weekend B, C, my sister and I went to Edmonton, about a seven hours drive east of us, so that C could compete in a judo competition there. We had and are still having a lot of snow with slippery roads. C lost her two fights, but she had fun and didn't get injured, so thats the important thing. We got home Sunday night and I promptly got sick. Spent all of Monday in bed with a bucket I did the same thing when we got back from her Abbotsford tournament, so I'm wondering if its just stress. Anyway everything is fine now other than this lousy weather!! And I am so happy that I get to spend today at home. B needs some PJ pants, so I dug out some flannel and I'm hoping to get a pair made and surprise her, but I wanted to come here first. I also need to work on thier curtains as B and C want to paint their bedroom over spring break.
Yesterday I picked up a wardrobe that I ordered in January, so I guess this weekend will be busy putting it together and finally hanging up and hiding clothes. Its been tough not having a proper closet for the last few months. (the addition we moved our bedroom into was suppose to be the family room, but with A's friend moving in we needed an extra bedroom more!)

Anyhow I should go before I spend all afternoon on here.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #13  

It does help to have nice weather the odd day, doesn't it? I'm still feeling very flat ... but I have walked everyday. It's not easy to get ready and get out there ... but I'm always glad I did.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:56 AM   #14  
~Believe~

Hey Everybody -- I feel a lot better, thanks for the well wishes!

I hope you all are doing great!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:16 AM   #15  

Note to self ... a couple of drinks does not help.