Old 04-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #61  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Grilled Avocado = heaven

I first got it in Florida on a work trip. It was a grilled chicken breast, with grilled avocado and grilled tomatos. Its one of my FAVORITE meals - I cut everything up, and each bite has a piece of the chicken, avocado and tomato - so tasty.

Don't be afraid of spin! I never thought I'd be able to get through one class, but now I love it. Just takes a few days for your booty to get used to it.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #62  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Oh I'm definitely gonna try this grilled avacado, grilling makes everything fantabulous!

I'm going to find a spin class at my gym, and just jump right in, since i have no booty I always die, I had to get a cushioned seat for my Mtn.Bike and muh bones still dig in. hahaa, i'm only scared cause of how sore peeps are afterwards, haha, but it's a good sore! Great leg work out either way!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #63  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Still here. So tired. This week is crazy. I have to give my dd pain medication every 4 hours. That messes up my sleep schedule. lol. but it's totally ok. her comfort is more important to me.

i have officially signed up for class that start in june so i am super stoked about that. praxis is scheduled for june 13th. i just hope i pass it. i need 160 out of 200.

dd is still doing good. got a double day today. the gym until 3pm and then the restaurant from 430 until about 9 or so.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!

I'm a really good mood this morning. Woke up feeling skinny and in general just got up on the right side of the bed I guess. I did sleep in this morning.... I'm so seldom in the office that no notices if I come in at 9:30 instead of 8 (shhh don't tell!) I think the extra sleep did me good. My mom dropped the cutest mini orchard off at my place yesterday to cheer me up and I think that helped too.

I'm sure part of my good mood comes from the fact that I'm starting to put a plan in place for going forward. I'm going to apply to the university here as an unclassified/open studies student so I can take the prerequisites for the master's program I want. I think I'm also going to join the Canadian Army reserves (part time army, 1 night a week and 1 weekend a month and they can't deploy you it's completely voluntary). I've printed out the fitness test requirements so I'm going to work towards that. It's just nice to know that I'm going forward.

Diva Both my parents went grey by the time they were 30 so I guess I'll just have to suck it up. On the plus side as far a genes go; my parent's are both in their 60's (61 and 65) and both routinely pass for early 50's so I'll take those gene's! Enjoy your "weekend"!

I'm a little nervous. My new roommate moves in on Friday night. He's my bf's cousin. It's just for the summer, but I've been scarred by my last roommate. I had to kick her out, b/c she didn't pay rent, or any of the bills (lost her job) ate all my food, insulted me and picked fights with me. I've had friends for years and we've never fought. In the 3 months I lived with her we easly got into 3 or 4 yelling matches. I'm worried that I'll get another crazy roomie.

Michelle I hear you on the freakin colds! I've had 3 nasty ones in the last 6 weeks. It's the worst. As soon as you start feeling better you get sick again! Arrggg! I hate being sick.

chele I'm the same way with my hair. There's only one person that can touch it and if they're unavailable that means no hair cut for shan. I'm been seeing him for so long and so has my mom, that he now comes to my mom's house on his day off and cuts our hair. It's the best!

Cake I need to take on a similar operation control and order for my home. I've just been to lazy too. I'm super glad to be back.

Stella I've never thought of grilling avacado before. I bbq everything. Even in the dead of winter the bf and I will be using the bbq (though, I make him do the grillin' when it's cold out!). Grilled peaches are one of my favs. They're awesome over some frozen yogurt.

Bee So sorry to hear about your cat. Loosing a pet is so hard.

Carter Hopefully, the tae bo helps.

My boss is coming around the corner so I better get back to work!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #65  

Height: 5'9"

Hey, here's the interview update:

It was another girl interviewing me today. She was really nice. I think the interview went well. I was a lot less nervous than the first one. I did notice a big stack of resumes in her pile of papers, I hate compitition! lol. So now I wait........ tick tock tick tock. I wish I asked her when they were making the decision! Darn.

Anyway.... It's a beautiful day. I have my private patient from 4:30-6:30, then after that my friend and I are going to go for a walk. Yay.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.......keep on keepin on girls.

Last edited by luvja; 04-29-2009 at 03:03 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #66  
Brighter than the moon!

Good luck with the job!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #67  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

luvja- good luck! and congrats on the second interview, keep it up, they obviously like you

cake- i used to be able to busy myself, or have tea instead, but now i associate the busy things with eating xD Im trying eating more in the morning and less in the evening, so maybe i wont be triggered by eating a large dinner and wanting to just keep going and going and going... Its tricky, cos i live at home so there are always snacks since no one else is dieting in my family

dansin- that sounds like a pretty good plan...im working a lot at home so the fridge is always there but if i plan then ill be less likely to keep going back and back to it. Lol once i somehow forgot my normal bra (i think i drove to the gym in my gym gear) and had to walk out braless afterwards, because my sports bra was soaking! Fortunately i was wearing a few layers so hopefully it wasnt too obvious

nicki- good to hear your daughter is doing well its a tough time now but sounds like shes on track with her recovery and it'll be over before you know it

shantroy- w00t for going forward! sounds like you're on track in more ways than one

As for me, I dont want to go to the dentist today!!!! Ahhhh i hate needles in my mouth. I know it will hurt less than stubbing my toe, and i dont walk around being terrified of stubbing my toe, and its less uncomfortable than a tooth extraction, but still! I hate fillings So im just hanging out, waiting for my PT to call and trying not to think about drills and things >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #68  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Cakebatter- Are you sure you aren't having Lemon Chicken Crackers tonight? That is the board favorite you know!

Hi girls! Forms are off my basement. It is official. I have a basement!! No windows, or doors yet. Those are still holes. But, in any case. ITS RIGHT THUR!! I hope you all are doing well! No TOM yet. I think its playing Hide & Seek. Funny thing is.... I'm not going to find it! HA! Take that mother nature! KA-POW!

Last edited by HeatherMcG; 04-29-2009 at 07:46 PM.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #69  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

nicki - with the praxis!!!!!

Shan - i've had TERRIBLE experiences with roommates and good ones, it sucks that you trust someone and then they walk all over you, thats so lame!!! How cute your mom gave you a mini orchard, that's so cool!

luvja - i'm rooting for you in beating out the competition, still you got a 2nd interview, that's major plus points!!

Icon - hahaha, try running on the treadmill with your regular bra, i tried for a minute and said NO WAY man! I did the stairmaster after legs, that was TOUGH, but BF came and got me after 5-10 min...Thank goodness! How did the dentist go??

Heather - basement, basement!!! Then U can have lemon chkn crackers! sorry beaka! I like it how you do it right THUR! loved it!

Skipped the gym today, the BF and I are SORE!! damn, missing a week takes a toll, although i did lift heavy yesterday considering i knew i wasn't getting any cardio in...BUTTTTTTTTT I DID buy new running shoes!! PHEW i've been running on the treadmill and my left foot toes have been rubbing and getting blister, which i didn't notice until this weekend!! LAME! anyway, I'm stoked. Just ate dinner, BF made whole wheat fat free stroganoff with 7% fat ground turkey...OMG so good! I'm posting it to the dinner thread...U have to check it out!!

NISH OH NISHKITTEN, grrrrril, are you on a boat again???? Hope all is well, I fly like paper get high like planes, if you catch me at the border, I got visas in my name, if you come around here, I'll make em all day, i can get one done in a second if you wait! MIA
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #70  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

lol DanSin, running in a regular bra would just about kill me i think xD

Dentist was ok. I got through the anaesthetics alright, and the first two fillings went pretty ok but the third was a lot deeper than expected, coming closer to the nerve so that required more injections and was a bit painful. The dentist was really nice though, said if it hurt or i was too scared to raise my hand and he would stop for a while which was really good for me because that was the issue i had with my last dentist, he just took control completely out of my hands and did his thing which freaks me the out. I must have gone pale because he looked kinda worried xD So yeah, that was a tad more painful. But omg, the scaling! I didnt know scaling was painful! That was less than pleasant >.< But its all over now, im still numb and talking like i have some crazy speech impediment lol, just waiting for the numbness to wear off He said my teeth might be sensitive for a while, esp the deep filling, and gave me some sensidine tooth paste, and ive already started popping the nurofen rapid not gonna let that pain take hold
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Luvja- good luck with the job!

DanSin- I hear ya, I have to wear two bras to run in!

So I'm out of the 190's! I'm so happy! This morning I'm wearing my skinny jeans. I'm hoping they will be loose though. I know it;s coming off fast at first, and it will slow down, but I'm prepared for that. It makes all the difference in the world keep calories and carbs limited at night. I think that's what's really doing it. Hah, BF is in BOOTCAMP and I might beat him for our 30lb challenge!!!!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #72  

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!
Thanks for all the "Good Luck's" girls, I need it!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

What it is chicks??? I killed it at the gym last night and I am paying for it now. Oh well I haven't been sore in a while so its a good thing I guess. I did a total 95 minutes of cardio, burned 960 calories and ran 3 miles in 34min and change somewhere in there...yeeeeeaaaa whose your daddy??? HAHAHA. I sure hope I lose some weight tonight at WI. I got on the scale yesterday at the gym (the Dr kind, which I hate) and it seemed to move just a little. Anyway *fingers crossed*. Sooooo I am running a Half Marathon in September girls....that calls for a lot of miles....wish me luck. Of course I will run a 8K and 10K before september ever comes!!! HAHA

Luvja - What a great day you haev planned. I just love productive days

Michelle - I could have done a cartwheel when I got out of the 190's ...seriously. WTG

ICON - I am glad you didn't pass out or anything at the dentist. I have to get two fillings on next thursday I think....not looking forward to it. oh and yes it is difficult when you are the onyl person in the house dieting...arghhh!!! You can't exactly throw out thier snacks...LOL

Stephanie - I love love love new running shoes....well....new anything. You know what I mean. What kind did you get? My favs are Nike shox or Airmax. OH yeah I looked into the Co-op thing and I joined onw around here. Haven't placed any orders yet though. And yeah it is working for me...my spare BR that I turned into a closet has been attrocious for at least 2 months. and wha ti have been procrastinating for that long is almost done in 1 hour (4 days X's 15 min) haha! BTW I LOVE the MIA Cd!!!

Heather 0- You are crazy...it was definitely pasta/...noooo crackers and it was awesome BTW. I am glad you got a basement and holes for windows...

Shan - Awww that was so nice of your mom!!!! I am so glad you are feeling better and all cheery and such. THat is just generally a good feeling.

becky - you do so well and then you stop posting and then you cheat. You see the pattern girlie. You gotta stay on here even when you do not so great. We love you and are here to keep you going. Do you think maybe you are comfortable the way you are now and that is what makes is so hard to stay focused? You have a lost a considerable amount of weight and maybe you have become complacent.....Just stick with it...we are here!

HAVE a good day everyone
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #74  
Brighter than the moon!

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies - I hope everyone's doing well!

The morning started off interesting - I had to go to traffic court with my sister for a crap ticket she got while being a DD - the cop accused her of being drunk, then when she passed the sobriety test (after he kept us there for 2 hours) he gave her a $150 ticket and wouldn't let us drive home, and my friend's dad had to come get us (at 5 am). Anyway, cop didn't show up, so the case was dismissed. Yay.

I went spinning this morning, but I think I'm going to go to the gym tonight. My breakfast was so high-cal, I didn't realize it at the time.

Good job Cake, that's amazing. I need to find more work out songs so I don't lose interest at the gym. The only thing that keeps me going is music.

DanSin - the other day I had to wear a sports bra AND one of those shelf work out tanks because of TOM. I was in SO much pain if they moved even a little bit. Kudos on trying in a regular bra.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #75  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Cake- I know I dont post when I am doing badly....boo for me. But its ok because as of yesterday I am totally back on the ball today. And yes I am VERY comfortable where I am and thats the problem because I know that I NEED to do more but its easy to not.

Anyways ladies...so this morning I spend like all day down at DHS woot woot...not very exciting and still have to submit more paperwork to see if i'm able to get help or not. The lady there was kiknd of a biatch and wasn't very nice to my son...but whatever.

I just had a delicious salad for lunch and am about to kick some Tae Bo ***!!

LOVE YOU ALL
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote