Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls!!! How is everyone doing? I am FINALLY starting to feel back to normal and I think I am officially over the bug that I had last week. I was in agony up until Sunday night and even felt a bit nauseous yesterday morning. But my appetite is back in full swing now....unfortunately? haha

I was in such dire need of a haircut and finally got around to getting that done today. My hairdresser was on maternity leave for several months and has finally started back up. It has been about 6 months since my last cut, but it's back to being wicked short and I love it!!! But my goodness, it's so short!!! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Cake: Yay for productivity! I can't seem to keep it together is my space isn't straight, so I totally understand.

Taylor: We're here to listen. There's nothing wrong with wanting good clean meat. I just wish I could afford it.

Nicki: Glad your daughter is ok!!!

Brie: I'm so jealous of Miami. I think I'm like the only person who's never been.

Blcarter: We all need a cheat day sometimes. As long as it doesn't become a cheat week!

Heather:
I just keep telling my friends to wash their hands well!!!

Ghost: I think it depends. Are you eating cuz you're still hungry, or is it just random snacking?

Ok... I have an issue. My trainer gave me what she thinks should be my calorie allotment for the day:

Calories: 1913.68!!!!
Carbs: 263 grams
Protein: 71.80 grams
Fat: 63.80 grams

This seems like a lot to me, even for my weight. She said it may seem like a lot but it's what my body uses each day minus 500 with an adjustment for all of the working out we're doing. She gave it to us at the end of our workout so I didn't get to ask a lot about her calculations. Plus, she said she'll increase it when we start working out more. This just seems like way too much to me. I think I'm gonna stay on my current plan of <1800 when I workout and <1500 when I don't. I thought that was already pretty generous.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #48  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Just random snacking i think. I feel unsatisfied, but not hungry

Ive never been to Miami either
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #49  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I haven't been to Miami
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Ghost: So do you keep a food journal? Have you found healthy things you actually like to eat vs. just eating it b/c you think it'll be good for you? That was one of my issues at first. I think you have to try a lot of different foods before you figure out what satisfies you and is under a reasonable calorie amount. Maybe you should poke around in some of the forums where people list there fav snacks/meals in the calorie counter forums. I've learned that I really can eat a lot within my calorie range as long as I plan ahead. Oh, and water!!! Don't forget lots of water!!!

At least until we figure out a formula for zero calorie lemon chicken crackers

Maybe Brie can put us in her suitcase for Miami.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #51  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Yeah ive been keeping a food journal my whole weight loss journey Im always on the look out for healthy things, and i love snack sized vitawheat crackers, you can have 16 crackers for around 86 calories. Thing is I will just eat the whole box and then move on to the normal sized ones in the evenings >.< I have things i can make, for something sweet i microwave an apple with some cinnamon and a tsp brown sugar, which is really good for around 100 calories. It just gets to around 9pm and i stock up on crackers, cheese, biscuits...anything Everything And even when i have been on plan and under my cals i still dont lose anything it would seem

Im up for being suitcased to Miami
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #52  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

havent been to miami either been to ft lauderdale and port st lucie
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #53  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i'll try to pack you all up but who's gonna pay the baggage fee
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #54  
I will do this.

....I love being the last one to leave the gym. This girl came in during one of my 20 minutes on the elliptical...I got off...did my weights....and then kicked the ellipticals butt for another 20 minutes but she left before I was done.

I love that feeling. I was soaking wet but wasn't gonna let go of that elliptical for anything!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #55  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Taylor, that was so me this morning, soaking wet that is. I get stir crazy, so I have to switch machines - from the eliptical to the cross trainer and then I went back to the eliptical because I could see the tv better, but I was DRENCHED when I got out of there. I love that feeling.

I'll chip in for the baggage fees
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #56  

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies I had an interview last week for this answering service company, and they called me back yesterday for a second interview! I go today at 2pm. Wish me luck. I'm very suprised I got a call back, I didn't think the girl liked me too much that interviewed. She was really attitudy to me. Ah well. I'm SO nervous. I've never been called in for a second interview in my life. I don't know what is going to happen. I have my fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has a good day

Last edited by luvja; 04-29-2009 at 10:01 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Taylor, good for you for being the last one to leave the gym! I may have to try that. That's sounds nice, peaceful, and focused!

I'm down another pound and it feels awesome. My BF and I have a challenge that we will each lose 30lbs by the time he is out of Basic. I'm already 1/3 of the way there! And promise to keep it off. The 190's will be gone forever by next week!

I haven't been good with working out other than with my trainer because I've been sick. I've gotten my 3rd cold in 4 weeks yesterday! I think my immune system is shot since I'm worrying about my sweetie, and missing him immensely. That will get better, though. I already feel better about the whole situation. Can't wait to pick out my new sundress from (hopefully) White House Black Market, and wear it for when I see him again in July!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Taylor and Stellar - That was me Monday and will be me again today. 80 minutes of hardcore a**-kicking cardio will do that though

Taylor - I am so particular about what I eat. I am one of those ppl who will be like I need "Starkist Albacore tuna int he pack not the can" (example) and my BF will be liek well this is the same thing only cheaper. And I am like no it is not and if you don't get what I asked for whatever you bought will sit there on the shelf and rot and then I will pay my money for what I eat. (I don't really eat tunafish but I couldn't think of a recent scenario). Eat what you eat and eff and everybody whose got a problem with it...I mean that in the nicest ways... IT is YOUR body and you are working HARD for it and have been for a long time!

Brie - I will pay the baggage fees but whose gonna pay for the dolly to haul our hindparts to airport becuase you are gonna pull something trying to lift us up!!! hahaha

Icon - I used to snack that way at nite. I just had to busy myself...anything to get my mind off food. The other thing is to not have those items in stock or only a limited amt

Beaka - That does seem liek alot of calories. But she is probably right we are just hard-headed trying to lose faster.I would ask her how she came up with and try it out for a bit. If it is not working out go back to your old plan. I have always heard eat more to lose weight.

Chele - I am so glad you are over your bug and feeling better.

Bee - That sux about your cat sorry. Yay for dad going back to work. how have you been doing with your points lately?

Heather - Thanks for worrying for us...because I haven't really thought about. Not that I am not taking it seriously but I just don't have time. I will take precautions but i AM NOT planning my life around the pig flu!

Shan - Welcome Back Chickie!!!! Too bad about all the stess at your job but thank God for mommies!!!!

Luvja - GOod LUck honey. I am soo glad for you

SO I have been doing well with "Operation Gain Control and ORder" at home. I woke up this morning un-stressed because I picke out my clothes last night and packed half my lunch last night...woohoo. My sister is coming over for dinner again tonight (mon and wed). I am Lemon Chicken and Pasta...I am ready for dinner already. I like having Big sis over for dinner it's pretty cool. Today is my Hard day at the gym and I am looking forward to it. Hope everyone's day is well.

Last edited by CakeBatter; 04-29-2009 at 10:08 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #59  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

brook - Hope you get well soon, being suck STINKS! Specially infections!

luvja - YAY walking, I love when the weather comes out to play! You'll be SEE ing it again in notime if it keeps it up!(sorry I'm late on this!!) Boo for rain!! GL on the 2nd interview, WOOWHO!

Beaka = SEXY See, girly you know you are working it, the scale just told you again! Did your trainer take measurements? I'm at a point where I'm still the same LBs but damn my pants are falling off!! Good luck with the Co-Op ours started here, and now has spread to Utah! It's awesome! Sweet, you can have a personal personal trainer too! Damn girl work it! Don't worry about your mom, she probably hasn't seen anyone do what you're doing, and getting to do, so just prove her wrong and make her eat her words, it will be like a slap...Aww I know you love her, so it wont be violent, just like HAHAHA, told you so!!! I haven't been to Miami either! I want to go for the Winter Music Festival, ONE DAY I tell you...I am going to Tampa/Clearwater Beach in July though, it will be muh first time in FL! Can't wait..not to rub it in :-) I think you should listen to your trainer, I know it SOUNDs like a lot, but your body really does need a lot just to operate, and in school i did learn you have to eat 500 calories less than what you should be eating in order to lose a pound of fat. Maybe just try it out for a couple of weeks, see if it works. Remember that if your body doesn't get enough it goes into starvation mode and starts storing the food you are eating because it's panic'ing. If ya don't, it's all good, BUT you'll never know unless you try it out, haha.

Ashlan - dear geeze that's a TON of cardio, :HIGH FIVE:!!! I heart STIR-Fry, thats the easiest way to get your food pyramid aligned, BF mixes everything we make up like it's a dang stir fry! haha! Yeah, I have 4 siblings actually and i've asked the others to help, but they wont either, even though my dad would do anything for them...freaking BRATS! thats whats wrong with the world today though, people are just too dang selfish..MYspace, I-tunes, I-pod, me me me! I'm super flower girl from the 60s and want everyone to love everyone The Co-op thing is awesome, basically it's a bunch of people that get together to buy fruits and veggies from a wholesaler, and then divy it up. So for an organic basket it cost $25 and for conventional its $15, and I'm not kidding you, you get 2 small laundry baskets full of fruit and veggies. I was going to take a picture this time, but i'll do it next time its amazing! You know what, I'm sensing your positivity too, as I go through this board and have to respond to 3 of your posts, your work outs are wearing off on ya!! Nice work on getting prepared b4 you leave the house, that's pimp!!! How is your head feeling today? BOO for meetings, what a WASTE! Seriously, FlyLady.net is working it for you, I haven't had time to check it out, but I hear it's great! That's great you and your sister are having weekly dinners together!

NoMore - Thanks! Yikes aunt flow wreaked her havoc on you! I bet you lost 4lbs from the 6 months of build up, TMI but seriously! Don't worry about the scale after that drop...it will move again though, donít you worry about that!

Brie - So happy to hear about your mom, I'm sure she can't wait to have you back! Good Luck finding help with your paper, I hate writing papers, I'd be NO help what so ever. Yay for being on plan, you are definitely going to make it to day 21!! You got your hair done AGAIN! I"m jealous!
Alana - we missed ya! I don't really drink beer, but if you're throwing a party ya gotta have beer for others, SCORE! Our Co-Ops get full too, but it starts over fresh each week, so you have to reserve a spot early! That's awesome you like your job, moving on UP girl! It takes time to get used to a new schedule, just be prepared and have everything you need on hand, then you can figure out the work outs too! Nice only 3 drinks at a drink til your faces comes off, that's fantastic, I'm a super lush Hope your sunburn goes down before the wedding, so uncomfy!

Icon - that's a funny signature! I didn't even notice til beaka pointed it out!! Funny stuff! Ok, so what I do in the overeating at night, maybe for a couple of days, is eat exactly what you did earlier. So its sounds borring but whatever you had for lunch, eat for dinner, if you need a snack, eat what you had for breakfast. This is how i got over the weekends, I eat a veggie burger everyday wrapped in lettuce for lunch at work, I decided, well I'm gonna eat that for lunch on the weekends too..it's totally helped me stay in control. The other thing is, like Ashlan did, get your stuff prepared early in the day, that way its ready to cook or it's already been cooked, so you dont go straight to the fridge, like i do when i get home because it's now been 4 hours since i last ate something! good luck,you can do it!

Lissa - sorry your weekend went that way! WTG getting back in the gym though, no worries on the cake, it was good, no guilt, and it's all over with!

kswood - I'm going to check out the youtube stuff, I forget that youtube has everything, and not just music video and silly funny ****e! I definitely get inspiration from seeing things like that.

Taylor - freaking sweet your dad's girlfriend has got your back, that's awesome she's gonna let your dad know how it is!! Organic is the way to go when you can, Clean Food! It's funny that people walk around wondering why lil boys and girls are developing so fast nowadays, and there are tons of illnesses poping up, and no one can explain it...HELLO, look at all the damn crap we put in our foods just to mass produce! Its sickening! Get your paper did girl, thanks for checking in!

Stella - Grilled avacado!! That's awesome, i grill everything and that is one thing i've never even though of doing, must try it! Nice work on walking and spinning class, I want to do one, i'm so scared though, the bike KILLS muh lil legs.

Nicki!!!! - i saw you posted on another thread the other day or so, and i was like HEY!!! What is she doing not in our thread, hahaa! I'm so glad you your DD made it through the surgery, we knew it would be ok!! yay for a personal trainer, I'm losing inches and no weight too, I think i'm good with inches, i never used to care about weight, just body fat anyway!

BL - Hope you enjoyed your cheat day, and you do deserve it, no worries at all!! But get your butt back here Today! :-P

Shantroy - welcome back! I hope the demands placed on you settle soon, it sucks to not enjoy what you do! hopefully jsut getting back on track will cheer ya up, I know it keeps me happy! AWW, gray hairs stink, I've gotten mine too, I just pluck it...damn genes!

Heather - sweeeeeeeeet, your house is coming along!! Ok, i've probably said this a million times, but i deal with my chocolate cravings with a shake, which i actually keep tamed by making it every morning for breakfast...1 cup fatfree plain yogurt, 3-5 frozen strawberries, 1 frozen banana, and a handfull of frozen pineapple, then 2-3 tsps of SugarFreeFatFree Chocolate Pudding mix, blend in blender, and VOILA, delicious chocolate shake. WW approved! This Flu thing is pretty scary, but I'm totally skeptical at first, I will pray that none of your students and staff come down with that craziness!

Bee - sorry about your baby, he'll be in a better place though, you don't want to have to suffer! Funny story about your dad though!

Chele - thankgoodness you got the bug out! I'm sure getting your hair done was just what you needed too! I'm lazy about my hair cuts, I always go 6 months, but it's cause i'm cheap! I love SHORT hair, I think I'm going to try and get mine chopped next week too, and maybe some color, since it's been like 2-3 years since i colored it!

Michelle - Good luck with your challenge, I'll be rooting for you the whole way!! But dang girl, 3rd cold in 4 weeks, do you take airborne? I hear it works great!! I'm sure your stress is playing into it though! You need it with your BF gone for forever.

Good morning Ladies! Today is my friday at work and I'm freaking HAPPY about that, cause I'm almost out of clean clothes to wear! Yikes, I have soooo much to do for the rest of this week, if I want to have a good week next week. Its the BF birthday, we have a golf tournament, he's going to be out of town mond - thur, so I'm going to have to FOCUS get my butt in the gym and not get any take out of any kind, even if its healthy!!! hahaha, So its TOM, and i must be super weird because I weighed the same this morning as i did on friday not on TOM. Freaking sweet, Wed WI 148.4 HAS to mean I'll at least see 147.9 on friday...148.2 is the lowest i've been, so gosh dang it. hahaha! my boss it out today, and I'm doing homework all day today...Basically I'm not really doing homework, I got another book on the same subject that is more my learning style, SOOO i'm trying to get through it, so I can actually build my program before 5/12, I really jsut want to get it done this weekend so it can be over and done with,then all i will have all of may to relax before summer school. Yesterday i freaking forgot my sports bra, so i just lifted, then when the BF went to cardio, I got some legs in, since we never work our legs, I get it in at booty camp, so it's all good. I HATE when i do that, I was all irritable after that, ruined my day! Oh well i went home and walked Dublin since he was being a crazy puppy. Anywayssssssssssssss, blah blah fast, blah blah dedicated! Happy HumpDay! (blcarter brought it back last week, i believe, so I'm keeping it alive)
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #60  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Ok so i've totally had like a cheat WEEK not a cheat DAY! someone please tell me its over.....I am ready for TOM to start...the bloating to go away and for me to lose these last 20 or so lbs instead of gaining 7 in a week!!!

Anyways ladies I am definitely doing my tae bo today and then going running after work before I pick up my son. Usually working out a lot makes me wanna eat healthier so we shall see.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote