Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #76  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop out. I REALLY don't want to but I don't want to mess up the team's numbers with the whole chart thing and my computer situation being so weird. I would love to still chat with yall though.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Last week, I did two 30 minute sessions on the exercise bike and five 35 minute sessions on the elliptical. I also did 30 minutes of weight work and 15 minutes of random push ups, sit ups, etc. one day as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
everyone!

I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop out. I REALLY don't want to but I don't want to mess up the team's numbers with the whole chart thing and my computer situation being so weird. I would love to still chat with yall though.
The charts are already made up for you, you just have to save one to your computer & edit it in paint. If you're not sure how to edit in paint please PM me & I'll give you detailed instructions.

If you still decide to drop out, we'll understand, and are sorry, I'm sure if you talk to art (the coordinator for this), she can come up with a way for you to keep tracked of stuff without using the chart. But please let me know if you are for sure going to opt out, so I can let our Challenge Coordinator know.

Last edited by lalique; 01-13-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLove View Post
question, do we make our own chart or do we tell the leader and they put it in the chart?
welll either way i did the first week of c35k (3 days for a half hour for those of you who aren't familiar with it) then on the off days i did 45 min of weights. which would be 3 days of weights. i would have done some yesterday too but TOM decided i needed to be curled up in my bed all day. ugh.
The charts are already made, there is the one for our team in the Team Faerie Weigh In thread located here, just right click it & save to your computer. Then edit it in paint everyday or whenever you can, to keep tracked of the activities.

If you need help learning how to edit in paint, PM me, and I'll give you detailed instructions.

Please note: We're not starting the charts until probably Tuesday (the 13th) at the earliest, because thats when our weeks activity list comes out, and we'll know how many points each activity is worth. This last week has been a "freebe" week, so as long as you were active everyday, you're doing just fine! (better than me! lol)

Last edited by lalique; 01-13-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Today I did 50 mins on the elliptical and 10 min stretching. I had planned on doing 30 DS but I pulled my arm picking up my son so it will have to wait until that feels better.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #81  

I didn't do crap today except eat what was not good for me.

I find lately though that even when I do have everything thats not good for me, I don't eat near as much of it that I used to. My stomach must have shrunk or something. I'm being filled up with alot less food than what was normal for me. This is a good thing! Not saying I should eat the junk, just less of it, but I did make this observation.

My 30DS is here, sitting in the post office, because I didn't make it there in time before they closed.

I'm working nights with very little sleep behind me tonight
Maybe I'll get some walking up and down the halls tonight.

I did get my waters in today though.

(EDIT) Art will be putting up our Activity List Tuesday sometime (probably later in the day) Just so you all know!

* If anyone needs help with their Charts this week, learning how to do them, please PM me

Last edited by lalique; 01-13-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #82  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

i hope the activities can be done inside, and without costing anything as im broke and its freakin cold.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
i hope the activities can be done inside, and without costing anything as im broke and its freakin cold.
Same here lol

I'm sure they won't cost anything though.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #84  

My 30DS finally came!!! I'm starting it tonight! & hopefully will get in a 40 minute power walk as well!

I had half a yogurt & a WW blueberry muffin for breakfast
8oz glass of V8 fruitfusion for snack (counts as a fruit serving(
4oz Fillet of Hoki (fish) & cup of cheddar/broc rice & sugar free jello for lunch
Taking a small salad (veggie serving!)& small can of veggie/beef soup to work for supper, also packed a snack bag of baby carrots (veggie serving!) for work.

& I'm well on my way to getting in 94oz of water!

Today a good day! How's everyone else doing??

Last edited by lalique; 01-13-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 182/157/130

Height: 5'5.5

I'm going great! I'm keeping my activity levels really high! I have never worked out this much in my life. It feels great. Plus, I'm actually going to stay within my flex points this week!!! I haven't done that truthfully in soooo long! Hopefully it shows on the scale. If I keep this up, I'm definitely going to meet all my goals this year.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #86  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

I decided to forgo the gym membership right now. I really DO NOT have the money or even a reliable way to get there! We'll see how my situation is in 6 months.

Leonidas is doing okay. I think his hips are getting worse.

I lost all the water weight from New Years Eve on my last weigh in but TOM started Sunday so this week's WI is going to be messed up.

Work is depressing and a hassle. Just waiting on Mama to order my memory so I can start the second job and finally get some money coming in.

I guess I'm back!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #87  

Shari - I hope your posts mean you have decided to stay with us! I sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverlove
question, do we make our own chart or do we tell the leader and they put it in the chart? welll either way i did the first week of c35k (3 days for a half hour for those of you who aren't familiar with it) then on the off days i did 45 min of weights. which would be 3 days of weights. i would have done some yesterday too but TOM decided i needed to be curled up in my bed all day. ugh.
I dont know if anyone ever answered your question but the charts have been made, and are located here, just right click it & save to your computer, than edit it in paint, everyday or whenever you can to update it! The way that works is once the activity list is put up, there will be 5 activities each worth a certain amount of points, it is your challenge to do at least 3 of the 5 activities, once during the week (the activities should be around 30 minutes long), for each time you do an activity, mark it on your chart (say you did one of the activies twice in one day, you would put "2" in Day X of week X on your chart). It is my job as the Team Leader to take care of adding up the points at the end of the week, so you don't have to worry about that part. The more activies you do each day/week the points you earn for your team + the more exercise you get for yourself!

I hope this answers your questions!

If you need any help with your chart (how to edit), send me a PM & I will explain editing with paint in detail.

Please note: We're not starting charts until the activity lists are put up.

(EDIT) I made a tutorial (with screen shots), on how to edit our charts using paint. Hopefully it will be helpful to ALL of you guys, and others in the challenge!

Find it here but as always, any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited by lalique; 01-14-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #88  

Wowy.

30DS was NOT as easy as I thought it would be... I mean.. I know it wouldn't be easy, but I thought it would at least be something i could do...

The first time I tried today, I barely made it through the warm-up (yeah, thats how badly out of shape I'm in!), and 2 reps into the push ups I was done. I had to go stand outside in the middle of a blizzard to cool down & prevent myself from throwing up...

I tried it again after I cooled off, and got through the warm up and a little ways into the first circut before having to stop again.

I then got frusterated & took it out of the DVD player, and promptly went for something to eat.... Why do I always do this????

Today my goal is to give it another shot, and to make it through the warm up & the first circut even if its kills me! If I have to push pause for a minute I will, but I WILL make it through those! Its only 8 minutes of pain, that if I can do, I will be on the road to a lifetime of glory!

I'm modifing the way they do it.. If I can make it through the warm up & first circut today & tomorrow, then I will add in the second circut on Friday, and by Sunday do the whole thing. I probably won't level up in 10 days, but maybe by the first of Feb. Start doing level 2.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Lalique- Dont get down about not being able to finish. It is really hard, I had to stop a lot the first day too! It does get easier. Just keep at it. Thanks for the paint tutorial!

Are the activity lists up yet?? I havent seen anything?

I have been OP with eating this week, but I am struggling to get activities. Monday I cleaned for most of the day and yesterday I had to run all kinds of errands and then had friends over for dinner and tattoo's. Today I will get some sort of activity in though!!

Have a good Wednesday!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone! I am checking in, did we get a list of things to do yet? BTW...I have no idea how to do the charts. Can someone send me info? PLEASE Thanks!! Do I need to post my weight every week?
Closed Thread