Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #46  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Today was a good eating day! I ate 1400 calories... and I'm starving! (its 11 pm here) It's hard for me to imagine eating 1200 calories so that I can steadily lose weight. I know I can lose at 1400-1500 too, just much slower. My sodium was still 200%... I guess it's better than 440%.

One thing that is positive about eating in Korea is I have to actually seek out junk. It doesn't just show up (like some of you having less healthy food given to you by family or work). Granted I DO seek it out.. too much... but my willpower gets a little break that I don't have to say no to people's offers. I'm horrible at that (that's why I weigh what I do--I can't say no!). I'm impressed that with all of you ladies! Keep up the good work!

P90X: I think there is a forum in the fitness videos that talks about that. I've never tried it but my friend's friend does it. She's very skinny but she was that way before the video too.

Biggest Loser: I've read a bit about this show and I guess there is a lot of weight manipulation. The reason there are really low numbers before the last week on campus is because people water or salt load... the next week they dehydrate themselves so it looks like Week 1 they lost 1 lb and week 2 they lost 12 lbs... but really they probably lost 5 lbs each week. I've read that the trainers are sometimes in on this too.

I think this season has some of the least likable people on it. I'm so close to wanting to stop watching.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

Evening Blues.

I'm sooo tired today. I've still got to do 30ds but will go straight to bed afterward. I've managed to stick to my points so have been ok with my food. I just hope I can stick with it at the weekend. That is usually my downfall. I'm going to try and find something new and healthy to cook on saturday rather than end up eating pizza.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

Angel D I totally know what u r talking about when it comes to being tired. I am still at work hungry, waiting for my husband to pick me up (he is having trouble with his car and needed mine for work). So this leaves me hungry and tired, not a great mix!! I have to try to eat better this weekend also. I need to start cooking and stop the fast food runs.Easier said than done!!!

GOod Luck This Weekend, I know Ill need it!!!!

Last edited by motiv8me; 11-20-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #49  

My day ended with subway and cleaning the house. Unfortunatly I did not do any exercise. I will regret it in the morning. I was just so pooped!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #50  

Hi Blues. Sounds like we are all ready for the weekend and a chance to relax (around all the other stuff I have to do!)

I think my body must have gotten over the exercise shock as I don't ache as much from the 30DS today. I did use heavier yesterday so am going to have a few more days with them and then move onto level 2. How long did those of you who've done it spend on each level? Should it be 10 days on each one?

Eating is going to be a bit of a struggle today as someone at work is leaving so we had cake. I didn't want to miss out so I managed to get the smallest piece so it probably wasn't too many points. I'll just have to give it an estimated value and be sensible for the rest of the day.

Hope Friday is going well for the rest of you.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!

I did do the Biggest Loser Cardio Blast on Wednesday night, and my thighs are still burning! I like it a lot though. I didn't work out yesterday since I had to work last night, but I've been eating pretty well since the disaster day on Wednesday. I have a 4 hour meeting this afternoon, and I know there will be snacks, but I'll try not to eat anything too bad. I plan to do the video again tonight too.

Blackbeltchica Have you done all three levels? I do NOT look forward to Level 2 with Jillian.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #52  

Hi everyone. It's quiet in here today. Hope everyone is ok.

Beaka - Hope your meeting went ok. Who on earth scheduled that for a friday afternoon? That wouldn't go down well where I work. Any meeting after 3pm on a Friday gets grumbled about!

I've done day 4 of 30DS. It was a struggle to get going again but its over so quickly I'm glad I got up and did it. Ony 26 more days to go

What are the biggest loser DVDs like? Are they similar to 30DS? Not that I need anymore exercise DVDs. I have at least 4 I haven't even done once yet I'm going to try a few of the longer ones while I'm off work over Christmas and chose something to do in January. I think by then I may need a break from Jillian!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #53  

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyones day went exceptional! As always my eating habits were not the best but i did make it to the gym and worked out for 40 minutes. Although that is an accomplishment i am down about it because I couldnt give it my all. I was sooo tired and could not push myself. I feel like something is wrong with me. Hopefully i will be more energized tomorrow. I have not weighed in since Monday. I hope when i weight in I see a loss!!!
Good luck to everyone on their weigh-ins!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #54  
Joggernaut

YAY!!!

I'm down to 74 kg (162.8 lbs)!!!!!

I busted through my, uh, glass floor of 164. Wanna know my secret? I didn't exercise yesterday AND I ate two ice cream bars. Oh man, weight loss does not make sense!

I'm going to eat low sodium and stay OP and hopefully I can even lose another half a kg by weigh day to put me at 161.7. But if that doesn't happen, I'd at least like to maintain my current loss of 3.2 lbs.

Today I was so excited after I weighed myself I went to the gym and worked out for 1:20... 1 hour of cardio, 20 minutes of weights. Brunch is going to be a veggie-filled omelet. I bought fruit from the produce stand on the way home from the gym. I feel high & invincible!

I'm happy to hear you are all doing so well with working out! It always seems to be one or the other with me, I either workout and eat like crap or eat great and don't workout. I think I'm more into the healthy eating right now and the exercise is more of a struggle but this challenge (and you ladies!) and my boyfriend have all been really encouraging. .... also there's that little VACATION I take two months from tomorrow. I'd LOVE to lose 30 lbs in two months but if I just get below 150, I will be very happy.

30DS: I did 10 days at level one. The last 3 days were so easy they were boring. Right now I plan to use that and Biggest Loser Cardio Blast as gym backups... if I'm so lazy I can't walk my butt across the street to the gym, I will at least try to do one of those workout videos. I haven't tried my Cardio Blast yet.. but it should be good. I love the Biggest Loser trainers!

So sometimes I read the other teams' threads and some of them are talking about doing challenges. I think for Week 2 it would be great to do some sort of challenge. Maybe we can all brainstorm ideas (or steal from other teams!) and it will give us a little boost for Week 2. What do you think?

Have a good weekend! I think we've all done well so far, let's keep it up!

Last edited by joyra; 11-21-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Angel D: Cardio Blast is actuallly my 1st workout vid so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's not bad though, and just when I think I can't take anymore, it's over I've only done Level 1 with Bob though

Motiv8me: Good job with the exercise! And I definitely do think you're giving it your all! Please believe, we ALL have room for improvement. We're just doing the best we can. Everyday is a challenge.

Joyra: I WISH I could have your luck. I've become a big fan of sugar free Fudgesicles though. Only 40 calories a piece! Maybe your eating and exercising are balancing each other out.

I feel like this week has FLOWN by! Can't believe weigh in day is tomorrow. I didn't eat so great yesterday, but I worked out. I ate a HUGE bowl of cheerios with light soymilk this morning. I'm about to head to the gym and get in a little elliptical or treadmill time. Then, I'll probably do the Cardio Blast later today. I plan on making some vegetable soup too.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #56  

Hey blues,

Joyra Congratulations on your loss

Beaka Thanks for the encouraging words. Hopefully the scale will feel the same way (lol).

I think that we do need some type of challenge, to help motivate us even more. What would challenge me most is to eat healthy, no pop, no candy or sweets, and definetly no bread (its my enemy). i do not know if anyone wants to join me, but i am going to give myself a mini-challenge. Monday thru Wednesday i am going to be a healthy eater combined with exercise. This is realistic for me especially since turkey day is on Thursday and my family will have every possible fatening dish you can think of. And I cannot resist Soul Food. This has to be my treat day, but I promise you and myself that I will not over do it!!!!!!

Do I have any takers!!! We can do it girls!!

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!

I am off to the gym!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #57  

Joyra: Well done on your loss. Its crazy the way weight loss works like that.

Beaka: I love making vegetable soup. I usually make it with all the stuff I'm not going to get round to eating as I hate throwing food out. My freezer is filled with portions of different crazy soups!

I've had a good day. I've done really well on my points and have had to eat more to reach my daily limit which is always a nice change! I also went and had my hair done so am feeling great. I'm just going to mess up my new hairdo now by doing 30DS. At least it looked good for a few hours!!

I'm up for a challenge. I know it shouldn't be easy (or it wouldn't be a challenge!) but maybe it would be more achievable if it was an exercise one this week and not a food one if most of the team have a big food day this week. I like motiv8me's exercise history so we could maybe have to do so many minutes exercise this week.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #58  
Joggernaut

All right all right I've swung back up a bit. Up .5 kg = 163.9. I really had a great day yesterday and I think if I have an equally great day today, I should be back down again tomorrow for the weigh-in. Yesterday my calories were 1550 and my exercise was 1 hr cardio, 20 minutes weights (and my upper body just aches today!!). In my calorie counter I lowered my height an inch and said my activity is bedbound. With that it says I need 1725 calories to maintain my current weight. So my goal is to not eat over 1725 calories this week and with exercise that should pretty much guarantee a decent loss. I think at my real height and activity level I can eat 2100 calories and maintain.

Motiv8me: Oh yes I forgot it's Turkey Week! I am going to an American restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner but I am not worried about it. In America, it was the multiple dinners plus the food pushers that really were difficult for me. Here I'm in total control of what I eat.

Anyways, I really think a healthy eating challenge would be good. We could do it two ways:
1) choosing a food or foods that we don't need (like pop or candy) and trying to go all week without them (I think mine would be ice cream and the stash of Halloween candy I have in the fridge); or
2) seeing how many days we can go OP.

Another option is an exercise challenge, since healthy eating might be a challenge for some this week. Some other groups have been keeping track of how many minutes of exercise they get in. Like if we all pledge to do 45 min a day this week (you know, sometimes more each day, sometimes less), then we'll be striving for 315 minutes of exercise. We could have a winner (first one to the total amount) or not.

I think if at least two more of you agree to it, we'll do it. Majority rules!

Good job this week ladies. I'm excited for the weigh-in tomorrow! I have a lot of confidence in us. Wouldn't it be great if we came out on top? I'm feeling a bit competitive! Let's !
Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, hope you are having a great day! I am really enjoying being off from school this week because I actually have time for the gym! I spent 2 and a half hours there today and feel great! (Won't be saying that tomorrow haha)
Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #60  

Hey blues,

I had a great workout. This was the very first time i played racquetball. It was so fun, me and my husband played for an hour and 15 minutes. I have not sweated like that in a long time!!!! i also did 10 minutes on the eliptical (We closed the gym down today!!!!!) I

I also ate a healthy dinner. Chicken breast, mixed veggies, baked beans, and a dinner roll.

Good luck at weight in tomorrow!!!!
Closed Thread