Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdfrog View Post
Don't become obsessed with the final goal. Actually, try to forget there's a goal at all. Make changes to your lifestyle and your diet, and the weight will come off by itself. (This doesn't work for everyone, but it works very well for me.)
That is where I am at as well. I have to make myself think about how much I need to lose this weight to be healthy - not to get my magic number. I know that even when I don't see the scale move as quickly as I would like that I am much healthier than I was before & that is the focus!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 AM   #47  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance0421 View Post
Ooooooh! Somebody stole my questionnaire! =)
*evil laugh* Muwahahaha.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #48  
Skinny Here I Come!

S/C/G: 230/229.8/140

Height: 5'8"

1. What motivates you to lose weight?
Oh goodness... The fact that I HAVE to get senior pics taken and I don't want to be the size I am (yes I'm only 18..) My family's vacation this year to FLORIDA!

2. What is your reward for getting to your goal weight?
An itty bitty black bikini for my trip to FLORIDA! hehe

3. What advice do you have for others who are trying to lose?
Water and definately keeping it up through the long times of not losing..

4. What is your weakness?
Mcdonalds french fries!! I'm in love with the greasy goodness

5. What made you decide to start losing weight?
I got stretch marks on my stomach... and It made me upset Now I'm being told they will never go away
Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #49  
Skinny Here I Come!

Oh wait I forgot another motivation!! hehe I want that darn guy to stop looking at me as his kid sister and start realizing me as the HOT girl next door
Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #50  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Bekko - I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. It always sucks when we get the rug pulled out from under us like that. I'm glad you're still motivated to join in on our team, and I hope things work out for you!

Jelbb - Congrats! You're closing in on those 150s. I'm very sure your boyfriend will notice! Especially since you haven't seen each other in a few months. It's much more noticeable to other people when you lose a significant amount of weight. Especially if they don't see you every day. Keep up the great work!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #51  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla316 View Post
Mcdonalds french fries!! I'm in love with the greasy goodness

I got stretch marks on my stomach... and It made me upset Now I'm being told they will never go away
MCDONALD'S FRENCH FRIES helped me break my plateau, muwaha! I stayed at 153 for a WEEK! Now, I know to most people, a week is not exactly a plateau. But I'm a spoiled little baby, who's used to losing at least a few fractions of a pound every couple of days or so, so to be flopping around at 153 for a full week... not cool.
So, I'd heard that changing up your calorie intake can help and have been told "throw the diet out the window for a day", so TWICE over the weekend, I had McDonald's french fries. Otherwise, I kept my eating healthy, low-calorie, and good, and low and behold... Monday morning, the scale drops to 152! Maybe it's a coincidence, but I'm attributing it to the fries, hehe.

As for the stretch marks... Yeah, I've got some on my stomach, on my love handles, I've had them on my thighs and my boobs. Okay, no, they won't ever go away. BUT. They fade, significantly. The ones on my boobs? I don't even notice them anymore, you can barely see them. Same with the ones on my thighs.
And the unfortunate thing is that when you FIRST start losing weight, stretch marks show up a bit more, since the skin is slackening a bit, no longer stretching the stretch mark tight, so they look a bit more obvious before they fade out. I know, it sucks, it's no fun, BUT. In a few years? You'll completely forget they're there.
I've got a couple on my stomach that are getting a bit pinker as the weight falls off my tummy, and I just have to keep reminding myself that I can't change what's already happened, all I can do is know they're gonna fade, and not stress about it.

I've found a few products on the internet before that claim to work, but when you look up reviews, most people are like, "Er.. this did nothing." I did see one that had pretty much ONLY good reviews, so sometime when I'm not so broke, I might give it a shot.
http://www.ecresearchcorp.com/Search...33#orderanchor

wrdfrog:
I certainly hope so! I dunno. *I* feel like I don't look any different, really... but then again, I see myself every morning in the mirror, so.. who the **** am I to judge, lol. Plus, men are really unobservant in general... then again, when we were on Skype (webcam) two weeks after he went home, he asked if the green top I was wearing was new (and it was)....

Me:
I went to the gym this morning!
Actually, for some weird reason, I woke up at 5:25 am and stared at my clock in confusion for a few minutes as to why I was awake, since my cell phone alarm was set for 6:25... And the text message I got from my boyfriend didn't wake me up, because I got that at 3 am (8 am his time.)...
Anyhow, went back to bed, got my butt up at 6:30, and headed off to the gym. I felt really tired and sluggish today, but I forced my way through a half hour of cardio and got my heart rate up, and burned 350 calories, woot. Then I did the weight circuit, but only the lower-body stuff, since I was running late.

Accountability time:
Breakfast-- Piece of rye toast with calorie-reduced margarine
--Rice Cake
-- Mini banana. Plantains. Whatever they're called, lol.

School time!

Last edited by Jelbb; 11-19-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

This morning i had an english whole wheat muffin with 1/2 ts of veggie cream cheese and 1 egg ! yum it was super yummy
Old 11-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #53  
Queen Yo-yo

Yummmm!! That sounds really good!

Ugh, I am good and full, hehe. I ate mini crisp rice crackers for lunch and a bowl of chili.

So.. rye bread toast for breakie (150)
Rice cake (40)
Mini banana (70, mebbe?)

Lunch
chili (300)
rice crackers (100) (Probably less, but I don't know for sure, so... aim high.)

Wheee.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #54  

=O woah, both of us with no jobs? That's so crazy! Thanks for all the encouragement I feel a bit better about it and am figuring out my game plan. I might make my Thanksgiving Day visit with my mom a little longer!

I'm glad to report so far I'm on plan with eating I'm staying consistently within 1200, but its tough! Good thing is I'm eating tons of veggies.

In a few minutes my friend will be here to drag me to the gym, yay! I need it because today I dont really feel like going :x Now I'll have to stay there as long as he does.

Today my goal is to drink lots and lots of water!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #55  
Queen Yo-yo

Glad you got your butt to the gym! Lotta water, woo!

I feel like I've overeaten today... I'm gonna add it all up...

So.. rye bread toast for breakie (150)
Rice cake (40)
Mini banana (70, mebbe?)

Lunch
chili (300)
rice crackers (100) (Probably less, but I don't know for sure, so... aim high.)

A Larabar (200 cals)

Chicken & Garlic Rice (Homemade with organic chicken broth and garlic powder, brown rice... yummm.) (350?)
Vegetables, steamed (200)
Light Hot Chocolate (45)

...well, 1450... not that bad considering I went to the gym...
Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #56  
Amanda

S/C/G: 191/180.6/145

Height: 5ft 3 inches

Talking

1. What motivates you to lose weight?
Fitting into smaller clothes and having people tell me that I look good

2. What is your reward for getting to your goal weight?
Well my 20 pund weight loss goal is to cut my hair really short, not so sure what my reward will be for losing it all, just loving how i look maybe and hopefully sit in a size 8!

3. What advice do you have for others who are trying to lose?
Exercise, it really makes a difference

Sweets, and not overindulging at parties..when they say just do portion control, try a lil of everything...i find that very hard...just want to eat more...When i dont have a function to go to or a night out to dinner and i can just plan my own meals and snacks i do great...i guess I am gonna have to get a little more will power!

I feel so HUGE!! After you have a baby and then you just have a belly that hangs there its NASTY! I just hate the way i look and i want to cahnge it finally, the only person that can change the way i look is me...I am the only one who can make me happy about how I look!

I have been consistenlty counting my calories, trying to stick with 1500...my husband is starting to do it but then i can home today and he had a Dunkin Donuts bag in the trash..said what was that and he said a flatbread and then i said...AN EGG WHITE FLATBREAD?...of course not ham and swiss....ERRRRRRRRRRRR...i know i should not care what he does but he could use to lose about 20lbs and he NEVER exercises...it just scares me that if he does not start to take care of himself he wont be around to watch our babies grow....blah blah blah i KNOW..
Well, very excited just got my calorie King book in..its great, i have just been looking everything up on the net, this will be easier and it also has weight loss tips in it too...
Major Goal achieved today...I jogged 2 miles at the gym on the treadmill, after my 1 hr pilates class..it has been a very long time since i have been able to do that..i was able to do 1mile...1.5 miles only a couple of times...today i said screw it and went for 2 (though i really wanted to stop..not that my body physically felt like it couldnt but my brain was like OK im bored lets stop)..i pushed through and did it in 21mins! thats a 10 1/2 min miles pretty good! ...Kinda felt like i was gonna YAK when i finished though but that shows i worked really hardd.. walked the rest and completed 30 mins cardio...330 cals down plus the pilates!

Enough about me...
jahjah...kick your sis's *** and how her how hot you are...that is awful for her not to support you! Maybe she is jealous and knows once the weight is off you will blow everyone away!

Jelbb-I hope your honey RAVISHES you when he sees how hot you are GOOD LUCK

Everyone!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
WE can do this!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I am sooo pissed off because they are opening 17 Dunkin donuts here ahhh!! lol
Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
I am sooo pissed off because they are opening 17 Dunkin donuts here ahhh!! lol
Holy crap!!! Are you kidding me?? I will pray for you!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 AM   #59  

donuts!!! :x oh noes! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!

I did good, 65 mins at the gym. =D Can't wait for weigh-in time~!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 AM   #60  
Skinny Here I Come!

I got on the scale today and it said 219.8...Down from 220.2 yesterday.. I figure thats pretty good considering TOM decided to make a surprise appearance yesterday...
Closed Thread