Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Woo Hoo I did 1 hour 22 minutes at the gym today. It was also make fun of me day in the clinic because I made a comment to one of the guys about I don’t eat combos because they aren’t healthy that I had to explain further. So today when I’m eating a roasted vegetable and chickpea salad and fat free yorgut with fresh blackberries it was poke fun at what I’m eating. Oh well it is all in good fun. I guess I started it. Otherwise the A/C is still up and running which makes me happy and now I’m debating putting away the 2 trash bags full of laundry that my sister gave me because they wont fit her because she is pregnant. (Score for me!) I’m also low again today on my calories so am debating what else to eat.

Jana – Stick in there the scale will keep going down, I know how frustrating that is. Good luck finding a job.

Belly – over half way to the weekend. You can do it. Happy early birthday.

SkinnyBeach – how did shopping go? I totally know what you mean I can’t keep M & Ms in my apartment because I will eat one at a time until I’ve eaten well over one serving.

Taylor – Starbucks can be the devil (on your waist and wallet) good decision to go down to once a month. I eat kix (or some other about 100 calorie per cup cereal) and 1 cup of skim milk almost every day for breakfast. For the past week I’ve been having a mid morning snack which could also be used as a breakfast which is ½ cup FF yorgut, ¼ cup blackberries, 1 teaspoon pine honey, and today I added 1 tsp sliced almonds. It’s yummy and under 200 calories.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #32  
I will do this.

Remember Congrats on the 1 hour and 22 minutes! And that breakfast does sound awesome....I love blackberries and will give it a try!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I hate when you're on a high from making good choices and someone just knocks you right down. You have to live, not deprive yourself! At least you made a responsible, informed decision! Don't worry about what your trainer though. You have to live with your decisions and if they make you happy, not if they make HER happy!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #34  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

Remember, the store went well! I got frozen chicken filets, lots of laughing cow light, LF chive cream cheese, tons of flat out wraps to make pizzas or wraps, and some small la tortilla factory wraps. It was an expensive trip for such a small amount, but it will be worth it. I still need to go out and get fruits and veggies but i'll do that at the farmers market in the mornign where i can get them CHEAP!

Taylor, I like to eat luna bars in the morning, but i am usually hurrying to work. If i have time to sit down i'll make oatmeal (LOVE the weight control from quaker), or omelets w/ lots of veggies and LF cheese.

i am loving the daily plate. Anyone upgrade to gold membership?? I don't know why it would be necessary, but if i find its worth it i'll do it. For now i'm LOVING it!!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 333/ticker/144

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies. I am new to 3FC. I am 22 years old and have a 6 month old baby. Before the pregnancy I was 301 or something close. During pregnancy I'm sure I easily pushed 350 and maybe 360's that last week. But since having her I am hovering around 310. Not too bad considering I didn't even have to do anything to get to that after having her. My body just did it. This is my first *real* attempt at shedding some of this weight I'm carrying around. I see a few of you have had the kind of weight loss that I would like to achieve. So that is very inspiring.

I have a question,
For anyone who started above 200, how did you figure out your goal weight?! For my height and age the BMI chart says I should be somewhere between 128 and 148 (I think)!! That is like half of me! I hate to even put 150 as a goal because in my mind there is no way that I will ever be that small. I know its possible but it's such a drastic thing its hard to realize I could be that weight someday. With the bone structure I have I am sure I could easily be healthy at 150 but I have been over 200 pounds since I can remember. I was probably 150 in early middle school. I guess thats why its hard to imagine me being that weight.

I checked out Daily Plate and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't really understand it. I wish I could just go there and say I had chicken stir fry with 200 cals per serving, etc. Is there a way to do that without making my own whole new nutrition label or without searching through all 100 some odd entries.

Well, I am gonna go look around 3FC some more. This place is so huge its hard to figure out where to go...
playfullyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #36  

Height: 5'5"

skinny - i love quaker weight control as well. keeps me full so long!

playful - i know a lot of ladies pick a beginning goal (say 150 for you), break it down into increments (ie 10 lbs at a time) and see how you feel as you get closer. you may get to 160 and say i feel great or get to 150 and say i still have 15 i could lose.

hope someone can help you more!

good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #37  

Thanks! I am starting with a 10 pound goal. I just plan on watching my portion sizes because until recently that word was a foreign concept. But yesterday I realized that a half cup of vegetables was a good amount of food, so was 3 oz of chicken. So I htink I can manage the portion control aspect.

Is anyone doing weight watchers? I saw a few posters here are doing calorie counting but I don't know that that will work for me. I'm hoping to get some more good info on WW.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:48 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Hey playful,
Ive done weight watchers before and I can prob give you any info you would like to know. I would suggest doing smaller goals because I can totally understand how losing say even a hundred pounds could seem so not doable but maybe 10 would and then after that another ten etc.
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Holy mama yesterday was a DAY FROM ****!! I didn't even track my food....but I'm totally okay with that and here's why

It actually started Tues. with our power going out at 11 pm. Whatever, I'm from the country, that's fine. Except that we're in the middle of a heat wave. So, due to the HIGHLY uncomfortable state of my apt, I slept about 2-3 hours. (We don't have AC, but I LIVE in front of fans!) That wouldn't have been such a horrible horrible thing, except that I had to work 12 hours yesterday waitressing. And it was CRAZY hot. And CRAZY busy. At the end of the day (10 pm) I wanted to DIE. Especially on that little sleep. So I came home and the power was back on, but all our food in the fridge had spoiled, so I had to go to the store and buy all new food. Basically, yesterday was the kind of day that you reallllllllllllllllllllly hope never happens again....at least not to you!

So here I am back today, and I'm totally looking forward to having a saner, more conscious day!! Also, I have today off and have a voice lesson in the evening, so I'm stoked!!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #40  
I will do this.

I lowered my calories from 1,700 to 1,500. The 1,700 left me too much to play with after my meals (100 cal packs, popcorn, jello...etc) so with 1.500 I have to be much more aware of what goes in my mouth but it seemed to fit me yesterday.

However, I am going out with my dad tonight and we like our drinks - so I planned out today last night to see how many drinks I can afford. I can drink 3 bacardi and diet cokes and stay within my calorie limit! (The dailyplate says they are 65 calories each as does a lot of websites but let me know if I am wrong) actually still have 200 left over which means I can add more fruit and veggies in!

Playful Welcome! You will love this site. Everyone on here is so sweet and kind and very helpful! And congrats on the baby! If you figure out how post some pictures of the baby! I am sure we would all love to see!

arts That does sound like the day from ****. I remember when our cat unplugged the fridge -(Don't ask how, I have no idea but we found catnip at the scene of the crime) and that was a holy mess.

skinny I have some quaker weight control! I totally forgot I had it until you said something! Mmmm oatmeal with fruit!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Playful -- on daily plate, if you measure out your veggies, etc, as you add them, you can just add them all together (like, 1 cup peppers, 1 cup onions, etc.) then SAVE the meal (!!!! i love that!) as a group of individual items so that next time you can just click "Playful's stirfry" instead of having to add everything individually, if that makes sense!! I've just started using DailyPlate as well and i LOVE it!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #42  
I will do this.

arts and playful I started using dailyplate about two weeks ago and boy! was it a wake up. I began to see what calories I really didn't need - how many carbs I was really eating...I was eating a lot of bread, rice and bake potatoes and now I am lowering my intake of those items and adding fruits are veggies. And like I said before I also lowered my calories yesterday because I saw I was eating a lot of stuff I really didn't need.
I can also plan my day like I did today since I am going out with my dad for drinks - I can plan my day and then add my treats or drinks with what I have left over. It's so simple and they offer a lot of brand names. I find 80% of the brand names I eat in the database and they offer "healthier" options for the food you pick!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #43  

emc - I think I'll do that and just start slow so that the goals feel more attainable. And when I hit the goal I will reward myself with a non-food something and move on to a new goal.
arts - Wow yesterday must have been horrible. When we first moved into our new duplex the A/C was broken and oh it was terrible. The baby getting heat rash after a week is what prompted us to call the landlord to say FIX it! I hope the power doesn't go out again! BTW I am also used to it due to the thunderstorms here in missouri...
Thanks for the tip on Daily plate. It said not to add things unless they were missing so I didn't wanna put anything extra until I asked what other people were doing. I wish it counted points lol. Probably not allowed to.

Taylor - mmm drinks sound good. I just lost my taste for it after finally being old enough to drink. *insert dramatic eye roll* I'm sure I will post pictures of her! She is my pride and joy!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #44  
I will do this.

Playful I never did drink before I turned 21. Now, I love my drinks. Wine, gin and tonic and bacardi and diet are my favorites. But when I am out for a good night of drinking I stick to the bacardi and rum because I have found that they have the least calories. I also make sure they add in to my daily calories.

Again, welcome to the forum!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #45  

Height: 5'5"

mmm food suggestion - whole foods as these baby scallops in the freezer section. you just heat a pan add them cook for 4 mins, they are golden brown and oh so yummy. id serve them to guests!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote