Old 06-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #46  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey all!

not checked in here yet i dont think, ive been busy with school and gettin ready for my holiday in 10 days time (!)

done my grocery shop today to, bought chicken breasts, lamb leg steaks (for kebabs! nommy!) loads of veggies including baby courgettes and peas granary bread, tuna, yoghurt, and some fruit bars that are 73 cals and made from dates, prunes, raisins and strawberries only!

yummy. hope everyone is ok! last exam tomorrow, wish me luck!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #47  
I will do this.

ready I love scallops! I use 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil - garlic, parsley, salt, pepper then 1 cup brown rice and any sort of veggies!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #48  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I love any kind of seafood, was raised with lots and lots of it but for some reason, haven't thought of cooking them. Weird, huh? Thanks for the ideas of scallops. Will have to try!

My monthly weigh-in at Curves is actually on the 7th but because the trainer was busy, I got to do it today. Last month, I was at 199 and it was 195.5 today. Only 3.5 lbs but I lost 6.25 inches! Lost 1 inch from each thigh and 1.75 inch from my waist! The trainer actually measured my thigh twice because she thought she measured it wrong. She was amazed and kept asking what else I was doing.. yay! My bodyfat is still at 44 so I'm not really happy about that. The trainer told me to watch my fat intake.

Altogether so far, I've lost 18.75 inches in 3 months! =)

I did get Curves cereal for free, though, for the loss. I needed to get a box of cereal so this works for me.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #49  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
ready I love scallops! I use 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil - garlic, parsley, salt, pepper then 1 cup brown rice and any sort of veggies!
this had a little bit of butter, parsley and garlic all ready to go!

its 150 calories for half the bag!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #50  
I will do this.

So I went out with my dad and fiancee last night. Oops. The eating went perfectly...stuck to the veggie burger and salad but went over board on the drinking. We live right across the street from our favorite bar where "everybody knows our names" but we only go once a week and that's usually my "cheat" meal anyway.

So, now that my cheat day was yesterday I am worried about fathers day. Steak, rolls, red wine, potato salad, rice, red wine, chocolate, did I mention red wine? I mean, we are going for a large hike so but believe me I can OD on red wine and steak like the best of them.

So i guess one of the goals is to "get through" fathers day and then be really good until my birthday which is july 10th.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

GRAAAWWWR I've had kind of an irritating day.

I knew today was going to be a sort of errand-rific day, so I had planned out my meals in the morning (which I don't usually do). Anyway, so I got to the place I knew I was going to be eating lunch at, and had planned on getting a certain soup according to their menu/nutrition online.....AND THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY OF THE THREE I HAD PLANNED ON CHOOSING FROM!! And they were out of a bunch of other stuff so I got a sandwich.......turns out that sandwich was 800 cals. So now I only have 55 cals left and I haven't eaten dinner and I'm pretty hungry. I don't know what to do!! I'm going to go to the gym in a few mins. so maybe I'll try and figure something out while I'm on the treadmill....I just really don't want to go over my cals for the day, but I don't want to starve myself either.

I also just found out that my best friend in the whole wide world just learned she has cancer cells on her cervix. She lives in Vegas (I'm in Boston) and she's just so far away. She's starting radiation next week and I'm trying to stay positive for her, but I'm really really freaking out......

In good news in the artsnsmarts world...part of the reason I had to run errands was because I had to return some workout pants to Target. I thought I needed a XL because I have insanely wide hips and seem to always need a XL.....but I got them and they were too big Unfortunately, they didn't have a L at the store and I have to re-order them online....
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #52  

Just thought of something else -- should I maybe just eat something enough to get me through the night and then take the extra 50 - 100 cals off of tomorrow's goal??? Or does that not work?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #53  

Artsnsmarts- I totally know what you mean! There are some days that I'm under the amount of calories I aim for and I want to just use them the next day, but not sure if it works that way. Then again, who says how it works anyways? For me personally, I don't "rollover" my calories to the next day.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #54  

Well neither do I, usually, but I think that eating something really small tonight ( a yogurt, 1/2 a grapefruit, or an english muffin with peanut butter) that won't put me TOO far over and drinking a lot of water -- just enough to get me through tonight without feeling really hungry and deprived might be okay. It's not something I'm going to make a habit of, it's just that that stupid sandwich ended up being SO much worse than I ever thought! I just don't want to punish myself with hunger...I feel like that's a really bad thing to do, psychologically.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I just want to check in, I'm at my sisters for the weekend which means no internet (well right now I obviously am at my brothers with internet but that is because I'm babysitting). It sucks, no forum and no food logging. Luckly I know the nutrition of what I normally eat. Anyways I did ok today until I had ice cream with my nephew. Well I got fat free frozen yorgut and it didn't put me over my calorie allowance but still a lot of pointless calories. We had McD for dinner (4 year old nephew and pregenant sister I was out voted) but I had the Asian salad which is good. I thought they were kindof skimpy on the salad though.

Otherwise I didn't exercise today because I have a cramp in my leg/thigh and am afraid of damaging a muscle. I'm going to try and boost up my potassium and hopefully that will help.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #56  

Just weighed in and I'm down 3 lbs to 201!! Pretty Paula I'm still in our ONEderland competition!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #57  

Height: 5'5"

arts - im so sorry about your friend. ive had a lot of friends with that though...

one had a cone removal or something where they took off the outer 2 cm of her cervix and hasnt had problems since.

contrats on your losss!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #58  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls...weekly weigh in was 140 on the nose, so thats .8 down for the week...i feel like tomorrow i might break out of the 140s!! YAY!!! I did it for one day and then went right back up so this time i'm DETERMINED to stay under 140! If i can ever get there. My goal for next week is to be 139. So one lb...i hope i can do that!!

Hope you're all going to have a great weekend. Mine has begun with a bang, so if i can get the fiancee to buy me another dog tomorrow, i'll be at 110%!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #59  
I will do this.

I had a break through this morning. I am really trying to eat more veggies and fruit - so this morning I ate some kashi cereal (strawberry fields) with fresh strawberries and 1/2 of fresh berries - and I am full!

I also figured out what I might do for fathers day. I might eat a chicken breast instead of the steak. But have you ever been to party and eaten the way of your lifestyle and have people look at you funny. I have been on many diets in my life and I am afraid my family is gonna look at me and think "There is Taylor on another diet - I wonder now long this one will last"

I know they are supportive but I can't help but think that's what is running through their minds. But I guess the only one I have to answer to at the end of the day is me.

Skinny Congrats at making it outta the 140s! I know you can loose that last pound!

Remember Good choices at McD's -that would have been hard for me
Old 06-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Well I went out last night with my friend and on top of being drama filled I totally went off my diet. She really wanted to go to a Chinese food buffet so that alone was way to many calories, and then we split a scorpion bowl. That led to more drinking later on in the night, all empty calories.

The good news is that I had met a guy a few weeks ago on match.com which I know may sound corny but o well and he ended up coming out here last night and after helping me with my friend we got to hang out and it was great. It was a real confidence booster that he liked the way I looked now. I also was able to maintain my 5 pound loss which I am happy about.
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote