Old 08-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You guys have some great NSVs.

I finally have one for the month. I turned down eating junk with the coworkers (and I have a couple of spare bucks.) Granted, had they decided on something sooner I would've went with them but they just kept hemming and hawing around about where they wanted to go. I finally left to go to the store and stocked up on cucumbers, baby carrots (i hate peeling carrots), broccoli, eggplant, tomatoes, and lettuce. Yeah me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #62  

Dwanyal, I don't work anymore but I remember the office temptations VERY clearly. I kick myself these days thinking of how much money I'd have in the bank right now if I'd just turned down all of those lunch invitations. I often went out for lunch even when I wasn't hungry just for the sake of getting out of my office. A walk would have been a MUCH better choice! Hmmm, I could be rich and thin right now if I'd exercised a little more willpower back then. Well, probably not rich because there always SOMETHING I can buy. But, for sure I would have been a lot thinner!

Anyway, you made the right choice so good for you!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #63  

I have another one. My all-time favorite veggie (behind potatoes of course ) was whole kernel corn. I haven't eaten it in a while since 1) it has a lot of calories and 2) it's really a starch anyway. Well the kids love it so I went ahead and fixed it last night since we still have a couple of cans lying around. It did not taste well at all. I just a 1/2 c. of it instead of the proposed 2 c. In the past when I heated it, I'd put in at least a stick of butter and let it all settle in to it. I cooked it plain and then forgot to even put a couple of squirts of my butter spray on it.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #64  
Crazy Canuck

Good going on the corn, Dawnyal. I love the stuff but stay away from it because I feel it must, by necessity, be slathered in butter and salt.

I was thinking how I don't seem to have many NSVs, but thought of one from last weekend. We were hiking with the kids and were about 1/2km from our car when the youngest became too weary to continue and asked for a piggy-back ride. Three years ago I couldn't even conceive of hiking, let along carrying a 65lb. weight on my shoulders for the last 1/2km. It was a bit of a struggle, but we made it. Of course my satisfaction with my feat was tempered a bit when she exclaimed "Wow, its a whole different view from up here ~ I can see a lot more gray hair!" Guess its time to touch-up my roots.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillegal
Of course my satisfaction with my feat was tempered a bit when she exclaimed "Wow, its a whole different view from up here ~ I can see a lot more gray hair!" Guess its time to touch-up my roots.

OMG -- I know just how you feel. Kids are brutally honest. When my 5 y.o. was 3, she came up to me, grabbed my butt, and said, "Jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle" while actually jiggling the big ole' thing with her hand.

My NSV right now is that I am actually getting up BEFORE my early riser kids to get in my exercise so that the nights don't become too difficult and because the evenings are so unpredictable. It is hard for this life-long card carrying night person, but I have done it for 2 weeks now.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:51 PM   #66  

OMG Jill, leave it to the kids to point stuff like that out. Kudos to you for making that last bit with the extra weight..
Old 08-26-2005, 05:29 PM   #67  

Quote:
"Wow, its a whole different view from up here ~ I can see a lot more gray hair!"
and

Quote:
When my 5 y.o. was 3, she came up to me, grabbed my butt, and said, "Jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle" while actually jiggling the big ole' thing with her hand.
OUCH!! Kids, ya gotta love em!

Way to go on the NSV's guys, you make me sooooo proud!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote