Old 08-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #16  

I've got on! I've got one! I bought a nursing bra while still pregnant and it has never fit. I put it on today and it fits well and is comfortable!
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #17  

First off congrats to everyone and what they have accomplished. You all have really inspired me to get back to execising. I have been able to get out of my house everyday this week and walk at least 35 mins. This is something I haven't done since spring.

*happy dance*
KittieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #18  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

I had a normal size 18 name brand expensive beautiful pantsuit that an old coworker gave me about 4 years ago and when I started gaining weight it just took up space in my closet. my best friend went on an interview and asked me if I had a suit she could borrow and I let her wear the suit and I told her I would be coming back to get that suit one day when I lose my weight. Well today I went over her house to try the suit on and it fits comfortably with a little bit of room yayyyy me!!! I also had a beautiful sheer business casual size 18/20 shirt that I bought on clearance and brought it home and couldn't fit it. That shirt sat in my closet for 2 years untouched. Today I am wearing that shirt and it makes me look too big because it fits me so loose Thank you Jesus!!!!! The scale seems to be a bit stubborn but my clothes are getting looser and looser so Thank you God for persistence in exercise and eating right haha it's coming off.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:18 AM   #19  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Great NSV's! I'm just catching up - forgot to look for the August thread. My NSV today was at the coffee shop I frequent. I got up to take my cup up for a refill and realized I'd just popped gracefully up out of the comfy, overstuffed leather chair without having to heave-ho or anything. Gosh, that felt nice. And the chair is getting bigger...Err, I'm smaller.

Also, I have been so craving crunchy, carby things this week, but have buckled down and kept within my calories. The last two days I've gotten back into the habit of lots of fresh fruit and veggies as fillers...Ah, much better.

I had a 2-pound gain last week and view this week's Friday weigh-in with not a little trepidation, so I am really trying to focus on the NSV's.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:40 PM   #20  
30lbs gone forever!!

Oh, I've got another one! (Whoever thought this thread was a good idea is a genius by the way.)

I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes to wear to the gym, and like normal I tried on my regular size that I wore 25lbs ago because I can't seem to remember that I'm smaller, silly me. Anyway, that's not the good part, after realizing that they didn't fit me anymore for the millionth time I went to look for something smaller, and guess what?! I fit into REGULAR SIZES now! Ok, so they I'm wearing an XL in regular sizes, but it's still a regular size! I've been smiling from ear to ear and I think I will continue to smile well into next week! This is my best NSV yet. Everytime I put on those clothes I get a bit of a rush, isn't that silly lol, so hopefully it'll give me some extra motivation at the gym next week.
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #21  
30lbs gone forever!!

Congratulations everyone! Just reading everyone else's NSV motivates me, so thank you too.
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #22  

krysidaisy - I love new workout clothes - they make me feel so much better about going to the gym. I don't really like to see people there in rags.....lol
Congrats on the regular sizes - I remember that day too.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #23  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Was at the local Wal-mart to get some soymilk (for me) and oil (for my car), passed by the ladies department and on a whim, tried on a size XL jacket. I got it zipped up it was snug around the tummy but 20 lbs from now, it should fit nicely. Didn't buy it, but I think my next reward will be when I hit 230 lbs and I'll go to thrift stores on a shopping spree.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 AM   #24  
Laura

Today, my husband said he could tell I'd lost weight!!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:50 AM   #25  
Howie6267's Honey

These posts are so encouraging!

I try on stuff at Wal-Mart all the time with no intention to buy it. When I'm lucky, they have stuff that was a bit snug a month back now on the clearance rack. THEN I buy it.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #26  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The work suit I bought at the beginning of June because my old suits were too big is now getting distinctly baggy (except that means I'll have to buy another one, and I actually really liked this one )
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #27  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

And I managed to post that while forgetting the big one (which is scale related, but never mind).

My BMI is 29.7. I'm not obese any more!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #28  
Howie6267's Honey

I can't wait for that day -- no longer obese! My next *scale* victory after reaching onederland is to get down to my driver's license weight of 190. LOL
Old 08-10-2005, 05:45 PM   #29  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

My BMI has dropped from 45.33 to 39.22
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #30  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Mid March I wore a 22. A few days ago I tried on some size 12 jeans and could fasten them. I thought perhaps it was just a labeling problem. Today I bought another pair, different brand, same size 12. They're snug, but I can fasten and wear them! I had been afraid I'd never get back to here. (It's been over 12 years since I could wear a 12.) DH even liked the little black dress I bought in a 12.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote