Old 08-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #31  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I passed up chocolate cake at work last night!!! I looked at it and thought, after asking for help from you all, there was no way I could eat a piece of cake.

I have been doing pretty good ~ haven't gotten any snacks on the way home from work. I have been busy cleaning for company, and haven't had time to count calories and measure like I need to, but I think I have made good choices most of the time. With the company here (it always seems easier when people are here ~ I don't want them to see me make a pig of myself) I plan on doing portion control until I can get back to my normal routine.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #32  
Downsizing Dee!

Way to go Gayle!

I had a good one last night as well. Me and hubby were out on the motorcyle (I was a passenger) with some of our friends.

We were in the lead position and the friend directly behind us told me that I look very differnt now from behind on the bike. And he told me my hard work was paying off! He was very sincere and it was a great compliment.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #33  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all - congrats on your NSV's!

I have finally got around to sorting out my clothes to give away to charity - I have gone through my wardrobe and cupboards and EVERYTHING is too big! All I have left are 3 pairs of trousers (which are also too big but aren't too bad if held up with a belt) and 2 T shirts! I have about 4 black sacks of clothes that are too big for me! This is the first time ever that I've had a stack of clothes I can't wear because they are too big - previously it's been because they are too small, and I must say it feels good! I think I'll keep one pair of trousers as a reminder of where I was and how far I've come. other than that they are all going on Friday - so there is no going back now!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 PM   #34  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

That's great, Gayle! And I love that you said you'll be controlling portions even though you're unable to weigh and measure everything precisely. Good thinking!

What a nice compliment, Dee, and from a bloke too! I'm still waiting for my first unsolicited comment. Hmph!

Amanda: Seeing all those too-big clothes must really make you feel proud of your achievements. Guess you'll be saving up to hit Meadowhall, huh?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:12 PM   #35  

I just had to say, way to go Gayle!! I am sooooo proud of you! I know how difficult that must have been, but you're really doing it, one step at a time, and you're doing great!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #36  

I flew down to go to my sister's wedding this week. Since I didn't want to lug a lot of gifts onto the plane, I did some marathon shopping when I arrived. Thanks to all of the exercise, I didn't feel exhausted. And even though I could have done better with my eating, I DID order items with less food & ordered healthier things off of the menu. Overall, I am feeling pretty victorious.

Also, I took our dog for a walk. Besides all of my elliptical work, we also have to start walking our dog at least 30 minutes 3x a week to keep her in shape for agility. My dog had to keep up with with me, instead of the other way around!! She's a tiny dog, but it still felt great that she wasn't tugging on the leash.
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #37  
Pudgy Yank in London

I DIDN'T go out to the stupid, musical ice cream van that stops two doors down from my house! Two days in a row I've resisted its Pavlovian call!
sarah73076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #38  
Losing Again!

Hey gang...it's been a long time since I've been around, but I'm back, and still in the same spot on the journey, which I see as a victory for sure...but this summer, I had a huge NSV...I became a whitewater raft guide! I kept my regular job and guided on the weekends on one of the more difficult class III river sections in the state. Can't wait til next May to do it again
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #39  
Jennifer

Wow, Daners, that is awesome! I just went on a canoe trip on the Allagash Wilderness Waterway in Maine, and those rapids (even Class II) are no joke! That's incredible!

I have a new NSV to report. Last night I was still feeling kinda blue, so I went shopping (this is not something I would have done at 265 unless I wanted to be suicidal, so this is somewhat of an NSV in itself ). Anyway, I am the proud owner of a SIZE 12 pair of jeans from Express! I can't believe it!!!!!! I tried them on "just to see how far I have to go" but the ended up fitting perfectly. I just couldn't believe it.

Yay me, and yay all of us!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #40  

Oh, oh, oh! I have a couple.

Earlier this month my parents took our oldest son to Disney World. I sent him with a couple of disposable cameras. He's only 6 so you can imagine the kinds of pictures he took. Anyway, we took them to be developed and as we were waiting in line to pay I was thumbing through them really fast. We had pictures of cars driving by, ant beds, complete strangers. Well, as I was thumbing through there was one close up of some lady that I sort of recognized but didn't know who she was. Once we'd looked at them all I went back to see if I could place her - IT WAS ME! I had forgotten that the first picture he took was of me as I put him in his car seat. I didn't recognize myself without all those extra chins!

And my driver's license. I can't even remeber the last time that weight was accurate. I had it renewed about a year ago. At 214 pounds I told the woman that I THOUGHT I was probably 180 or so. She must not have wanted to hurt my feelings (or maybe they are just used to this kind of thing) because she didn't question it. So, I've had reaching 180 so as not to a liar anymore as sort of a back of my mind goal. Well, for the first time in forever I had to take my license out of my wallet. It isn't like I get carded much anymore. And it struck me. I'm 45 pounds past that goal. WHOA!
I swear, I'm going to brave the lines at the DMV any day now.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #41  
Jennifer

Those are some great ones. I love the one about your son's photo, because the "not recognizing yourself" thing is such an odd phenomenon. My husband actually almost didn't recognize me on the street the other day. We were both running separate errands in the neighborhood, and I was walking behind him and called out his name from a pretty far distance back. He turned around and looked at me but seemed puzzled. He said he actually had to stop for a minute because I looked like such a "thinny minnie"!

I need to get a new license, too. I've actually had people question whether or not it's really me, so it's getting to be a pain. I like it as a really HORRIBLE before picture, but now it's getting to be a more practical consideration.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #42  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

An odd one, I've done an interview for a Finnish magazine (something completely un-related to weight loss, some other stuff I've been involved in). They're sending up a photographer to take some photos of me next week. (From London, not Finland ).

Not only am I not dreading it, I'm so convinced the photos will turn out nice that I'm going to ask her for copies It would be nice to have some professionally taken photos.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #43  
Dream Big!

I cleaned out my closet of any and all clothes that were finally too big...I have a large bag ready to donate to Salvation Army. Some of the pants I was thrilled to just getting on and zipped only 4-6 weeks ago. It's amazing the physical changes...not to mention emotional changes..the gym is providing.
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:59 AM   #44  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I've got TWO!
#1: I tried on a size 4 Do Bok (Tae Kwon Do uniform) today and the top fits me nicely! The Do Bok I started with is a size 7 and it was a snug fit when I got it, but now it's too big.
(I'm able to get into the pants too, but they are too snug around my thighs to wear to class but it won't be too much longer until the pants fit too! I'm thinking that by the time I hit my 50% goal they'll fit. I'm doing a little happy dance here!)

#2: In the past week I've had at least *8* different people make nice comments about how they can really tell I've lost a bunch of weight! (Continuing my little happy dance-LOL)
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:50 AM   #45  
Laura

Quote:
Two days in a row I've resisted its Pavlovian call!
I love that!

I love this thread - it's so inspirational!

My new NSV is that my MOM said she could tell I've lost weight!

My daughters 4th b-day is on Tuesday and we are having a big party - I wonder if anyone will notice...I doubt it, since I'm still wearing the same clothes, just baggy now.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote