Old 01-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Martine: Way to go on your loss so far this month! You’re doing great I think this semester is more of a challenge because it’s more of the science-based classes and they’re a different style. Last semester I got all of my theory-based classes out of the way, which meant a lot of papers (which are my forte) and a lot of discussions that I didn’t rely on the texts too heavily. This semester seems like the same amount of work in that aspect, plus quizzes, tests, and case studies, all requiring a strong grasp on the texts. I definitely have to get out it front of it this time; I too am a procrastinator, but I’m getting the sense that will be detrimental this semester

SW: 228.6
1/14: 230.8
GW: 222.0

Week 3:
1/15: 232.6 (+1.8) SW
1/16: 231.8 (-0.8) SW
1/17: 229.9 (-1.9) SW
1/18: 231.4 (+1.5) SW
1/19: 229.6 (-1.8)
1/20: 229.9 (+0.3)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #47  
Andando...

Martine: You are absolutely right, and I am SO happy to know I have lost so much already, and how these lasy 3 months have gone by with little to no issue. But, I can't seem to shake that little voice in the back oof my head you know? I do try to ignore it though! Congrats on another pound lost!

----

Well... This week has been SO bad. I don't even understand... I was SO excited because I was suppoused to be under 100 kg this week. And yet, I barely lost anything. Ever since Christmas the weight loss seems to have slowed down a bit. I have also been trying to 'make up' for the holiday season where I 'missed' 2 lbs.

I didn't cheat this week, I was SO good. I even try to spare a few hundred calories towards the end to see if the scale would FINALLY MOVE.... NOPE. I went to the gym on Friday for an hour and a half, I have been walking everyday for 30 mins to an hour. I have been so good... And yet ... Didn't reach my weekly goal, now I am even more behind for my goals... It feels like a wasted week.

I understand the scale is just a number, I understand there are fluctuations, and so on ... But I have weighed in at essentially the SAME weight for 7 days. I understand going up one or two days, then dropping. I understand going up if you cheated one day, I understand not loosing because of water retention for a day or two. But SEVEN DAYS IN A ROW.

All I have been repeating myself is .... "I don't understand" over and over and over. I am SO frustrated right now and the amount of negative thought in my head is rather overwhelming. And the worst part is that there seems to be NOTHING I can do to make it move again... NOTHING that will even hint at me for HOW LONG will this go on. Every night I weigh myself (It is usually a 1kg difference between the weight from the night before and the next morning for me) and I see the SAME number [101.3 kg] and every morning I think well maybe, MAYBE I lost a bit more today, and I see again the same number [100.3 kg] and I want to cry.

Sorry for the long rant... =/ I am just really sad and don't know what to do.

01/14: 221.5 lbs
01/15: 222.0 lbs
01/16: 221.1 lbs
01/17: 220.9 lbs
01/18: 221.1 lbs
01/19: 221.1 lbs
01/20: 220.9 lbs

[I know I said the number is the same but you see I started at 100.5 kg this week, and it went down to 100.2 then 100.3 then 100.2 then 100.3 then 100.2 which is essentially the same thing...]

Last edited by DayDreamer26; 01-20-2019 at 03:39 PM.
DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Daydreamer:

I plateaued at 220-223 for the entire month of September AND the first two weeks of October. 6 weeks in all. Funny that that is the EXACT spot you are at. But I had to remind myself that just before and just after, I had weeks where I dropped over 4 pounds. So my average for that 8 week period was a pound a week, even though the scale totally stalled out on me. The AVERAGE and the TREND are what really counts (after measurements...measurements count the most). But even looking at the weekly average, my average was stalled out for a full 3 weeks. I tried eating more, I tried eating less, I tried more strength training, I tried resting more, I tried sleeping more, I tried everything I could think of, but ultimately, it just took time and sticking with it. Personally, I think my body needed time to adjust to being smaller and having different needs. So I kept doing what I was doing, and gave it the time it needed. Eventually, the scale started moving again.

I also regularly stall out for a week at a time, just as part of my losing process. For me, it is stress at work. If I'm stressed, my body holds on to ALL the water, for no other reason. So most months, I lose nothing at all from the 1st to the 10th of the month and then whoosh down like 3 pound in 2 or 3 days after my busy time is all finished. I've even had weeks where I gained overall for the week even though I know I was in a calorie deficit for the week. Usually, I then lose more the next week. So I don't even consider 7 days a plateau. Just a stall, as part of the "stall and whoosh" pattern so many people experience. Stick with the process.

Also, looking at another thread you are in, I see that you are down 8.3 pounds in the last 30 days. That's about 2 pounds a week, which is at the TOP end of a healthy pace of weight loss. You're doing great. I WISH I was still losing 2 pounds a week. I did until I got down to about that 220 mark. Since then, it has slowed down and is more like 1.5 pounds a week for me now. That is a normal part of the process as well.

ETA: One more thing, I see you've lost over 10% of your starting weight. I read several articles this year that talked about how it is totally normal for your body to need time to adjust every 10% or so. So expect a plateau every 10%(ish) as part of the normal losing process. Could be more often, could be less, might not happen at all for you, but if you expect it going in, then it won't freak you out or derail you when it does happen.

Last edited by Lacerta; 01-20-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:24 AM   #49  
Andando...

Lacerta: Omg you are so sweet! ^^ Thank you so much for all your advice. I know this is how it works... I just tend to ovethink things and get overwhelmed... =/ I have a goal for my trip in May and I was already 1kg (2.2 lbs) behind and now it will be another, so I guess I was stressing over that. Though I do try to tell myself that 4.4 lbs heavier than my goal weight for May is STILL better than where I am right now.

I do look at averages, I do all sorts of those. I suppouse the biggest thing why I don't think I am on track anymore and you do is because you guys hear it's healthy to lose between 1 - 2 lbs a week where as I hear 1kg a week. One kg is roughtly 2.2041 lbs so there is a 0.2 of a pound that once you add up week by week might actually make a difference.

I think the biggest thing is the timing. For once, the 90 day mark has always been when my will wavers and several times have I given up or taken a 1-2 month break from dieting. So knowing that has me on edge, cause I DO NOT want to quit this time. Also, I had gotten to the point where following the diet was 'easy'. I had no cravings, no urges. I was finally doing it without much thought. I also got a new scale (still have the old one, both show same weight). I got a fitbit. AND I had been looking forward to THIS WEEK, for 3 months. The time where I finally reach under 100kg. So I started the week SUPER excited and in a way I feel like this was all a bad joke. But oh well... It's just a huge coincidence of things that happened on the same week that are making me nervous/uneasy.

Or perhaps I am just overreacting and overthinking this...

I ate questionably today, I had 2 tacos from taco bell for lunch and Thai food for dinner. I also ate a chocolate, some candy and so on .... Didn't PIG OUT, but I definetly didn't stick to my calorie allowance.

We'll se what happens tomorrow, I REALLY hope I don't see the numbers go up.

Thanks again for all your kind words though, I do feel much better now.

Last edited by DayDreamer26; 01-21-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:01 PM   #50  

Just a quick checkin for me today. Forgot to weigh in before I ate my breakfast/drank the coffee. Hope everyone had a great weekend

1/14: 230.8

Week 3:
1/15: 232.6 (+1.8) SW
1/16: 231.8 (-0.8) SW
1/17: 229.9 (-1.9) SW
1/18: 231.4 (+1.5) SW
1/19: 229.6 (-1.8)
1/20: 229.9 (+0.3)
1/21: NWI
Total for Week 3: -0.9
Total for January: +1.3
Old 01-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Just a quick check-in for me as well. Last week was another long week; 12-14 hours long depending on the day. I am ! Yet, I'm amazed and proud of how much I'm able to accomplish in any given day since most days look insurmountable when I wake up in the morning. No classes today in honor of the MLK holiday. I treated myself to a mani-pedi and reveled in the fact that no one knew where I was or what I was doing .

I'm sure there will be a time soon enough that I have the energy to do proper personals but for now, to those who are seeing the scale drop, staying on plan, getting all your water in and making time for exercise! And to those who remain relentless in their pursuit for good health and starting each day with a positive, quit attitude!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #52  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies I haven't posted in a while but I've been 100% OP. Congrats to all of you who are having a good month.
DayDreamer: I hope your plateau breaks very soon. I know how frustrating that can be. Hang in there.
I hope everyone is having a nice day and I promise to check in more often.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #53  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Kayla: Best of luck to you this semester, as well!

Daydreamer: Thank you!! And, glad you're back now! Also, don't get discouraged. I've been losing and regaining the same 20 lbs for the better part of the last year, so I understand the struggle. A week or two of stalling or fluctuating will happen from time to time, but -- as frustrating as that can be -- if you keep up the plan in spite of it all, it will eventually break through for you! Keep up the good work, and I hope the scale will move down for you again soon.

Martine: No, this is my first time working overnights...I'm naturally a night person, so I thought this would be an easy switch, but as I've gotten older and now that we have kids, it's not been as small of a task as I thought it would be, lol. All-nights definitely take a bigger toll on me than they did when I was in my 20s!

Curvy: I hope you're able to get some more rest, and I'm glad you were able to get out and do something for yourself on your day off!

GettinFit: Good job staying on plan!

-----------------------

Well, I'm not showing any losses overall for Week Three. That being said, I did a lot of heavy lifting this week at work and didn't hydrate as much as I should have to make up for it, so water retention/muscle soreness could be at play. That, or my body is just doing it's thing balancing out the large whoosh from my first week back last week. Either way, it's still a good two weeks when you take them both into account and stay mindful of the big picture, so I'm okay with it. I hope the scale gets back to moving down again soon, but -- until then -- I hope everyone has a great Week Four!

Week Three
15: 173.6
16: 172.4
17: 171.4
18: 172.0
19: 173.0
20: 173.2
21: 173.0
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 173.0
Total Loss for Week Three: 0 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:48 AM   #54  
Andando...

GettinFit: Thanks for the encouragement! ^^

opheliaphoenix: You are so nice! I just have no patience and get frustrated! =/ You clearly handle this weight ups and downs a lot better than me.

---

Well, I gained a little this morning ... but I suppose it was to be expected. Got back on track again today, and went to the gym for an hour. I feel less overwhelmed, thank you everyone for your support, thought I do really hope the scale moves this week. I made Spam Misubi for dinner, and have plenty of left overs so I'll probably be doing that again later this week. Ended up with 10 at like 330 cals each or so. I am craving tacos again... damn taco bell. Might make some homemade ones tomorrow.

Hopefully good news come soon.

01/21: 221.3 lbs (+0.4)
01/22:
01/23:
01/24:
01/25:
01/26:
01/27:

Old 01-24-2019, 08:23 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 227.8/211.2/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi all. I am brand new to these boards. I am really looking for women to jump on here and share encouragement and small progress wins together!

About myself: I am 40 years old. Wife, mother of two adult princesses, Christian, new empty nester. My husband and I met 13 years ago. I was an avid runner and gym fanatic at about 155-165 lbs constant. That all changed when we moved to the midwest December 31, 2007. I went from AZ warmth to frigid cold and 12 inches of snow on the ground. Waiting for spring I became sedentary. By the time flowers bloomed I found myself 180 lbs and already poor dietary choices. With in 5 months I became a couch potato. During the past several years I had struggled to lose weight but failed every time to gain it all back and more. Fast forward 12 years to January 1st this year and I was 227.8 lbs. My husband had reached 278.8 lbs.

We decided that day we needed to change. He is following keto and I am a quasi keto gal. Really trying to cut out all processed carbs, sweets, etc. I do have bananas, an occasional Flatout bread, carrots, etc. But all in all, keeping my calories at 1200 max/day and working out 5-6 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes. All treadmill and either HIIT or incline training.

Success thus far....17 lbs gone! I can't believe it! It has been so easy and without all the fad diets I have tried in the past. Good ole fashioned hard work and healthy eating! My husband is down 17 as well.

Jan 1 - 227.8
Jan 8 - 220.4
Jan 15 - 216
Jan 22 - 211.2
brfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 227.8/211.2/160

Height: 5'10"

Can someone help me put a signature on that includes the weight loss ticker?
brfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

brfoote: I think you have to have some minimum number of posts before you can add a signature. 20? Not sure on the number. Once you have enough, you go to User CP (the purple bar at the top of the page, on the left), then it will say "edit signature" on the left as about the 7th option down. You can then paste in the link for whatever ticker you've set up. I don't use them, but I think some people use LilySlim and others use TickerFactory
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #58  

Brfoote: to this thread and to 3FC. Way to go (to you and your hubs) on your progress so far! I second Lacerta’sadvice on the signature, and would like to add that if you track in MyFitnessPal, you can add the weight info from their tracker to your signature as an option as well.

DayDreamer26:Glad to hear you’re feeling less overwhelmed. I don’t know about you, but I find I benefit a lot mentally when it comes to exercise. I too was craving tacos the other day and ended up making a very large taco salad

Casey, GettinFit, Martine, & Curvy and anyone else I may have missed, hope you are well

I resumed my strength training stuff yesterday for the first time since 1/11; I’m actually surprised I didn’t have more of a gain this AM. Hoping the soreness goes away enough I can get another workout in tomorrow. I would like to get on an every other day schedule that alternates between four and three days a week every two weeks (e.g. week 1 Sun/Tue/Thurs/Sat, week 2 Mon/Wed/Fri). I would love to get back out and walking Loki, but it’s been so frigid the last few days (-30F wind chills here). Oh well, will have to find something else to make up for it

1/21: 229.9

Week 4:
1/22: 229.9 (+/-0)
1/23: 229.6 (-0.3)
1/24: 231.5 (+1.9)
Old 01-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #59  
Andando...

brfoote: Grats on your progress so far! And welcome to the forum.

RunningRedHead: Unfortunately I have never really ejoyed any sort of physical activity. I find the whole thing rather tedious, and boring . I never did make tacos, and the craving is still there... I should make some soon. -30F?! PLEASE STAY WARM! In that kind of weather, all I would want to do is curl up in a ball of blankets by the fireplace.

---

Well, the damn scale moved!

On Tuesday, I tried to eat as few carbs as possible. My meals were basically eggs, avocado, cheese, turkey meat, jerky and peanuts. I am not sure if that's what did the trick or what but Wednesday morning I was at 220.0 lbs (99.8 kg) And I was SO HAPPY! THough terrified it might go back up the next morming. I went to the gym yesterday too, and have been walking for an hour everyday.

219.6 lbs today! I just hope I keep loosing for the rest of the week, maybe make up a bit for last week. I doubt I'll reach my goal for January (215.3 lbs) now, but I'd like to get as close as I can.

I also made an appointment at a hair salon, I've been needing a haircut for a while and I figgured it'd be a nice 220 lbs reward!

Anyway, hope you are all doing good!

01/21: 221.3 lbs
01/22: 220.9 lbs
01/23: 220.0 lbs [FINALLY MOVED!!!!]
01/24: 219.6 lbs
01/25:
01/26:
01/27:

Old 01-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #60  

DayDreamer26: Curling up in a ball of blankets is exactly what I did, my cutoff for long walks with the pup is a wind chill in the 20s Your meals sound awesome! Way to go on hitting the gym Enjoy your haircut, what a great idea for a reward!

1/21: 229.9

Week 4:
1/22: 229.9 (+/-0)
1/23: 229.6 (-0.3)
1/24: 231.5 (+1.9)
1/25: 231.7 (+0.2)