Old 01-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

GettinFit:Way to go staying OP! Thatís the hardest part, but with your consistency, it will get easier!

Curvy: Great job maintaining your loss during the break!

Jazzfan:Welcome back to the thread and on your pregnancy! What joyous news Glad to hear your hyperemesis is resolved and youíre back on track!

Martine: I love your idea of taking your goals in short bits (e.g. the first two weeks); I find that makes them more manageable to wrap my mind around. Great job recognizing the need to hydrate and your eating patternsóI find this to be the biggest step! I hope this helps with your insomnia, not sleeping is definitely not fun! I started the Beginner Bodyweight Workout by Nerd Fitness (https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beg...t-build-muscle ) I love it because itís quick, I feel like itís pretty effective, and I can do it anywhere! Iíve tried to do it at my heaviest (more bodyweight, more effective, right?) and almost injured myself, so Iím glad that itís working for me now

Fashinjunkie09: Welcome (back) to 3FC and to this thread! Make yourself at home Your goals and steps to get there sound completely reasonable and reachable, which I agree with Martine, is the first step of goal-setting. Best of luck to you!

Morning Y'all! I started my strengthening stuff and making sure I'm out and walking this week, so I was anticipating a bit of water retention as my muscles work on repairing themselves... I also think Iím in one of the weeks of my cycle that correlates with water retention. On a positive note, though, my body fat percentage has dropped 1.5% so far this week, so whatever Iím doing seems to be working from a body composition standpoint Iíve walked Loki for 5 miles every day I wasnít at work this week; I intend to keep up that pattern today

SW: 228.6
GW: 222.0

Week 1:
1/1: 230.6 (+2.0)
1/2: 229.9 (-0.7)
1/3: 230.8 (+0.9)
1/4: 231.7 (+0.9)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome! Thanks to a stomach bug I have weighed in at 220.9 this morning. That's my month's goal in one week but I am going to try to make it stick. I am still feeling a little off but mostly much better. I figured I might lose more than 5 lbs the first month due to water weight anyway.

SW: 227.0

1/4- 220.9
1/11-
1/18-
1/25-

Total Jan weight loss:
-6.1 lbs
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:14 PM   #18  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

fashinjunkie09 - Welcome Back! Wishing you much success on your journey.

Martine - So glad you've been able to avoid having to take any meds. I am more determined now to do what I need to do to get off the meds. Today I found out that the med I take is on the recall list but fortunately mine is from a different lot #. Congrats on your OP day!

RunningRedHead - Your exercise accomplishments are amazing and congrats on the body fat percentage drop

Hi to everyone else.

Today was another OP day for me (day4). It's getting a little easier each day. I can't wait to have a full month under my belt

Have a great evening everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #19  

GettinFit: Thanks so much! I havenít worked out consistently in a long time, so Iím excited about it Way to go staying on plan! Pretty soon it will be second nature and you wonít even have to think about the good habits youíre instilling in yourself

Fashinjunkie09: Holy whoosh! Glad to hear youíre feeling better!

Iím down a little bit today; it seems my body is getting better at recovering the water-gain after working out. Iím getting used to walking every day and next week Iíll be looking at increasing my distance. Thursday's strength training was smoother than MondayóI was able to do the full two sets and I was not nearly as sore yesterday (or today even!) as I was on Tuesday and Wednesday after only being able to do one set. I'm even thinking about adding another workout in today to make it to 3x/week this week, and then next week getting onto a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule for the strengthening. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Week 1:
1/5: 230.4 (-1.3)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #20  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening everyone,

RunningRedHead: Glad the scale is catching up to all of your hard work. Did you take your measurements when you started? I took mine so that I won't get discouraged along the way when the scale doesn't move.

I had another OP day today and it's getting a lot easier each day. Earlier in the week I had to avoid the supermarket for fear that I would buy something off plan and binge but today I went food shopping and the junk food wasn't calling my name. Everything I purchased was OP . It felt really good and empowering to not be tempted by the junk food. I'm feeling more and more in control.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #21  

GettinFit: Glad to hear you had another great OP day! I did take measurements beginning at my largest and I take them once a month. I canít wait to see if thereís a difference between this monthís measurements and next monthís.

I worked last night and have been fighting off a cold for the last week and a half and it finally decided to hit full force. I picked up extra shifts this week too (regretting life choices right now ) and will be working overnight tomorrow and Tuesday in addition to my usual Saturday and Sunday shifts. Needless to say, I did not get that third strengthening workout in, but Iím hoping Iíll feel well enough tomorrow to get back on track. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Week 1:
1/6: 228.8 (-1.6)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #22  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning everyone,

RunningRedHead you have a lot on your plate. I hope you shake your cold soon and feel better.

All is good with me. Today was my first day back in the office since mid December and someone left me a box of 46 Belgium chocolates. I am not tempted to eat any and am shipping them off for my dear old dad to enjoy. The person who gave them to me knows that I am dieting. What was he thinking?!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #23  

GettinFit: Way to go forwarding the chocolates to your dad instead of being tempted. Will power and discipline are no joke!

Week 1:
1/6: 228.8 (-1.6)
1/7: 228.2 (-0.6)
Total for Week 1: -0.4
Total for January: -0.4
Old 01-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

GettinFit: Thanks! I can't wait to have a month under my belt too. I usually do pretty well for a week or two and then start to fall off.

RunningRedHead: I hope you get over your cold soon!

I was so busy at work today that I barely sat down and didn't get a chance to eat until 2:00 so I am under my calories for today. But I got in all of my 64oz water goal and over 11,000 steps. Lunch could have been better veggie-wise but dinner was good. Will do better tomorrow.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:00 PM   #25  
Gizmo

fashinjunkie09 your busy work day yesterday sounded like mine, when I started at 6:30am and did not eat before 1:30pm. But you hit your water goal while I did not. I did hit 17 290 steps though as it was our inventory and I was walking all over the place checking on everyone. Keep going, you really seem to be on the right track.

RunningRedHead I hope you are feeling much better today. How you keep yourself so busy despite being sick is unbelievable. How are you enjoying strength training? It's always been one of my favourite types of training.

GettinFit great job on being on plan and resisting that box of chocolates. It's good that you recognized how you were feeling and avoided the grocery store until you were in a better head space. Being self-aware is part of breaking bad patterns.

Yesterday was a looooong day for me. I woke up at 2:30am and wasn't able to fall back asleep, too stressed about our annual inventory that morning. I was at work at 6:30am and wasn't able to leave until 5:30pm. Then I had to take Loki for his annual exam and shots at the vet right when I got home, so my day really finished at 6:45pm when I sat on the couch and just relaxed. No surprise that I slept until 8:30am this morning. I think my sleep problems of the past couple of weeks were due to everything that needed to be in place for our inventory.

I have been on plan food-wise for the past 7 days and lost 2 pounds (I hate the dread I feel each time I get on the scale, what an awful feeling). I have not hit my water goal a single day though, I need to figure this out. I have been mindful of my portions at supper time, no doubt this has helped me this week. It's just a matter of keeping things going for now.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #26  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey guys, I'm back...again! It's been about 2.5 weeks since my last check-in of 171.4. My mom and stepdad were in town for a couple weeks, my new job started, and things just got out of hand. They just left yesterday, so I'm hoping to get back on-plan right away. As always, when I go "off-plan", I do it in spectacularly extreme fashion...this time, there were stress binges involved as well and I jumped back up 11 lbs, so I'm pretty much back to where I started after my initial regain. Yes, I know a good chunk has to be some bloating because even my fingers are swollen from all the extra salt and junk food over the past couple of weeks, so that's why I'm going to set a lofty goal of 15.4 lbs for the month. Here's hoping that a good 5 lbs or more is easily flushed swelling and not real weight...lol. As long as I can keep a decent balance getting my entire routine switched around working a graveyard shift and having classes start back up again next week, I'm hoping to lose at least 5-10lbs, if nothing else. Best of luck to everyone...and, here's to 2019 being a healthy year for us all!

---------------------------------

January 8th Weigh-In: 182.4
Month Goal Weight: 167.0
January 31st Weigh-In: 170.0
Total Month Weight Loss: 12.4 lbs.

Week Two
08: 182.4
09: 179.4
10: 177.2
11: NWI.
12: 175.8
13: 175.0
14: 173.0
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Two: 9.4 lbs.

Week Three
15: 173.6
16: 172.4
17: 171.4
18: 172.0
19: 173.0
20: 173.2
21: 173.0
End of Week Two: 173.0
Total Loss for Week Three: 0 lbs.

Week Four
22: NWI.
23: 172.4
24: 172.0
25: 171.0
26: 170.6
27: NWI - tom.
28: 171.4 - tom.
End of Week Three: 173.0
Total Loss for Week Four: 1.6 lbs.

Final Days
29: 173.0- tom.
30: NWI - tom.
31: 170.0
End of Week Four: 171.4
Total Loss for Final Days: 1.4 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 02-01-2019 at 10:56 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #27  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening everyone

fashinjunkie - Great job on the 64oz of water and your steps!

Martine - I hope your inventory went well. Glad you got a good nights sleep too.

Hi Opheliaphoenix - Nice to meet you. I hope the water weight comes off pretty quickly for you.

Today was another OP day for me and I did a 45 minute walk. I can't believe I have 8 OP days under my belt. I gotta keep it going.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #28  
Gizmo

opheliaphoenix nice to see you. Sounds like you had a lot to juggle these past couple of weeks, so it's understandable that keeping up with your plan was a struggle. I hope you are able to identify what triggered those stress binges, so you can modify your response the next time those situations come up. I see that you are already down 3 pounds. Here's to being back on plan

GettinFit inventory went well, thank you. I'm always glad when it's over. Great job on staying on plan and getting a 45-minute walk in. I miss walking in the Winter, sidewalks are too treacherous to go far and I can't walk for long periods with my boots and crampons, they're too bulky. Your plan is really working for you, keep going!

9 days into this new year and still on plan. I have managed to drink 1L of water these past couple of days, which is a lot better than I did the first week, I just have to build on that and get to 2L. Last night I shared my concerns with my husband about how worried I was about being able to stay on plan and do all of the cooking and cleaning while he initially recovers from his shoulder surgery and I think he took it wrong, so I have to clarify my thoughts this morning. I don't want him to think that I blame him for my worries.

A weird/funny thing happened at work on Monday. In the afternoon after our inventory, we hear an employee over the radios we use to cmmunicate say that there was a Christmas tree in the men's bathroom, We thought he meant one of the trees we were selling and that a customer had left it there while going to the bathroom. But the employee was sort of freaking out so we went to check and it turned out to be a real live pine tree that someone stuck in a toilet, pine needles all over the floor. Loss prevention was there so they took a look at the cameras and we saw two young men all smiles and giggles bring the tree in, probably for a dare or something. I have seen A LOT of weird things in bathrooms in my 20 years in retail but never a pine tree.

Have a great day ahead everyone!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #29  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening everyone

Martine - That is crazy that they'd bring a live tree into the restroom. I guess they had nothing better to do. Congrats on making it through 9 days!
Today was also day 10 for me and it feels so good to be eating right and exercising. I can't wait 'til we have a month under our belts. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #30  

Casey: welcome back! You got this!

Martine: Sorry to read youíre having trouble sleeping again (or is it still?), but glad to hear you were able to catch up (in a way) the next day. Please make sure youíre taking care of yourself during this stressful time at work. Way to go on your portion control and being on a roll with eating OP! Also, what an odd prank

GettinFit: Great job staying OP and getting your walk in!

Fashinjunkie:Way to go on getting all those steps and your water in!

It has been way too cold the last two days to get my walks in and I slacked on the strengthening (wasnít hydrated well on Wednesday and was very tired yesterday), however, I did complete it on Monday and I think it helped with my cold Getting back and at it shortly (today).

1/7: 228.2

Week 2:
1/8: 228.8 (+0.6)
1/9: NWI
1/10: 231.6 (+2.8)
1/11: 229.2 (-2.4)