Old 01-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 227.8/211.2/160

Height: 5'10"

Good morning ladies! All of you who can withstand daily weigh ins and the small losses or even gains....I HAND IT TO YOU! You are Rockstars! I can't. Once a week weigh ins is all I can handle! My husband does daily and I don't know he does it!
brfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #62  
Andando...

Well, today I have a small gain 220.2 lbs. I also woke up late and won't be able to make it to the gym today, unfortunately. I hope this gain goes away just as fast as it came, and that I manage to see a few more drops before Monday. Hoping to make it to 218.6 lbs.

01/21: 221.3 lbs
01/22: 220.9 lbs
01/23: 220.0 lbs [FINALLY MOVED!!!!]
01/24: 219.6 lbs
01/25: 220.2 lbs [ ]
01/26:
01/27:
DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

DayDreamer26: your bump up goes as quickly as it came. I find that’s usually the case with the ups and downs, hope it’s true for you as well

Brfoote: I used to be in the same boat as you (tried weighing weekly for a while) and found that the day to day fluctuations don’t bother me as much as long as I look at the overall or weekly trend. I found weekly to be more disheartening due to having weeks where I did everything 100% OP and still gained, whereas if I had weighed daily, I may have seen that my weigh-in day was just a random fluctuation. To each their own, I found myself becoming demoralized with weekly, but if that’s what you gotta do for your sanity, you do you I can’t wait to see where you are with your next weigh-in, you’re having a fantastic month so far!

I’m honestly shocked that I whooshed today as I did another round of strengthening workouts yesterday; not looking a gift horse in the mouth, though! I have accepted that I will not be meeting my January goal, but I will be very happy if I end this month without a gain Today’s plans include finishing up my homework for the week so I can enjoy tomorrow and Monday as my regular school-free days, and getting dinner ready for work….that requires figuring out what I’m making though, I think Have a great weekend everyone!

SW: 228.6
1/21: 229.9
GW: 222.0

Week 4:
1/22: 229.9 (+/-0)
1/23: 229.6 (-0.3)
1/24: 231.5 (+1.9)
1/25: 231.7 (+0.2)
1/26: 229.1 (-2.6)

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-26-2019 at 01:53 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #64  

Hi all!!

Week 4:
1/27: 228.7 (-0.4)
Old 01-28-2019, 04:47 AM   #65  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead you seem to be enjoying strength training, always a fave of mine. Are you alternating days with upper and lower body workouts? Hope you were able to enjoy those two school-free days.

DayDreamer26 I'm very happy for you that the scale finally moved again. The scale not moving can be so discouraging but you stuck with it and you are trying healthy alternatives to get over this plateau, great job!

brfoote welcome to this thread I too cannot handle daily weigh-ins. I used to be constant about it but I realized that those small daily fluctuations were disheartening and I would let it get to me, so I now just weigh-in about once a week, if I remember. How wonderful that as a couple you both decided to take control of your health. It helps to have someone go on this journey with you.

opheliaphoenix you are so right about staying on track and keeping the big picture in mind. Even if the scale doesn't move sometimes, whatever plan someone is using (as long as it's healthy of course), it is having a positive impact on their overall health still. I hear you on your body not handling overnights as well as before as you age. When I turned 40, it's as if my body said "nope, you won't ever recuperate like you did before for ANYTHING".

GettinFit being 100% on plan for such a long period of time is amazing!

curvynotlumpy I hope you can manage to slow down a bit at work. I know the feeling of "getting things done" is fantastic, I am never more happy at work than when I can check-off all the items on my to-do list. Glad you could have a day of self care last week.

I am down another pound, so that's five total for this month so far. I still haven't exercised though and I usually don't make it past 1L of water per day. I am ok with all of this, at least I have been in control of what I eat. David had his pre-op meeting with the anesthesiologist last week and his surgery is scheduled this Thursday. I am in the middle of working six days in-a-row and then I'll start an 11-day vacation to be at home with him the first week of his recovery. I foresee a lot of sleep for both of us and my goal will be to get moving again.

Wishing everyone a great start to the week.

Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #66  

Runningredhead - Thank you for the encouragement. My husband can weigh in daily but I just can't. Maybe once I am closer to goal and it will not be such a mind game for me. I have strengthening workouts as one of my "goals". Hoping to get good at doing them 3 times a week. Right now I am doing only once, maybe twice. Focused on cardio but everything I read reminds me that the more strength I gain the less muscle I will lose and the more calories I will burn when not in the gym.

Martine - Thank you for encouragement!

How long have all you ladies been on your weight loss journeys?

Have a wonderful week ahead! For us, bitter cold and bundling up! Hoping some of this snow finally melts next weekend. For now, it is all turned from snow to rock hard!
Old 01-28-2019, 11:31 AM   #67  
Andando...

RunningRedHead: I mean, it kindda came off right? I also won't be reaching my goal for January, it's a bit of a bummer. I was hoping to start 2019 with a bam, instead it seems I managed to trample over myself 20 times but at least we are trying right? Glad to see you managed to shed all those pesky pounds!

Martine: Oh my! Life sounds pretty hectic for you right now, and yet you are doing great!!

----

The last few days of January... Seems hard to believe, this month went by rather fast. I feel like I didn't accomplish all that much, even though I know it's not true. A whole 7.2 lbs is defintely something. Just go tot stick with it and I'll get to the finish line.

Scale showed some progress, 219.4 lbs this morning. It does seem like my body is struggling to lose, so perhaps it's time to change my diet a bit. Might try to steer clear from carbs for a bit, maybe that will make a difference. I have also been rather thirsty lately, but it doesn't seem to 'drain' in proportion to my intake (sorry if that was a TMI), so maybe I have been retaining water? I should also start tracking my body fat % and muscle mass % the scale shows, I wonder how accurate those are...

I want to try and eat more protein, but every time I have tried in the past I have found myself not knowing what to eat. For example, I'll eat turkey meat, cheese, nuts... and it feels like I'll reach my caloric intake before I can consume 'enonugh' protein.
So if any of you have any suggestions that would be great!

I hope everyone is doing great today!

01/28: 219.4 lbs
01/29:
01/30:
01/31:
Old 01-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #68  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

brfoote: Welcome to 3FC! Great progress so far...you will do great! About how long we've been on our journeys, I've been off and on different weight loss attempts for pretty much my entire adult life. The most I'd ever lost before was about 50 lbs or so before putting the weight (and then some!) back on. However, this time, I stuck with it. I came back to 3FC a few days before 2017 began, and I have been working at it ever since. I've had a few "hiatuses" during that have caused some ups and downs, but the difference has been that I keep coming back before things get too terribly out of hand again, and I think that has helped. So, a little over two years in total now.

Kayla: Wow, -30F wind chills...that is too cold for my blood!! I just got a chill up my spine just thinking about what it would feel like to try walking in that, lol.

DayDreamer: I'm glad that your scale started moving again and that your bump didn't stick around!

Martine: I definitely agree about the ability to recuperate being diminished as well...gotta love aging. Best wishes for your husband's upcoming surgery, by the way!

------------------------------------

Hey guys! It's finally my day off again, so I figured I'd catch up a bit before getting started on homework and studying for two tests I have tomorrow. TOM dropped in on me a little over a week early, so dealing with a little extra bloat today. (I also hardly drank any water yesterday, so I don't think that's helping.) However, I still showed a 1.6 lb loss for the week so I'm good. Barring some miraculous whoosh, I won't hit my full goal for the month over the next couple of days, but I'm still thrilled that I'm at least back down to where I was before the holiday/family visit gain...about 8 more lbs to go to get back down to my lowest from September now. I hope you all have a great day!

Week Four
22: NWI.
23: 172.4
24: 172.0
25: 171.0
26: 170.6
27: NWI - tom.
28: 171.4 - tom.
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 173.0
Total Loss for Week Four: 1.6 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-28-2019 at 12:31 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #69  

Hi all!!

Martine: I love them! I feel great after them, which I think helps a lot mentally. I do a full-body strengthening workout every other day (or I aim for every other day ) Way to go on your loss so far this month! That’s fantastic! Best of luck to David (and to you) given his surgery this week, I’ll keep you both in my thoughts

Brfoote: I totally get that! Stay warm this week! I agree with you, I can’t believe January is practically over! Where did it go?

Casey: It was very cold; my car didn’t want to start one of those mornings after work It’s now a nice, balmy 15 degrees Way to go on dropping back down to your pre-holiday weight! You’ll be back to your September-low in no time!

I can’t believe the first month of 2019 is almost over! Where is the time going?! I try not to think about how much I have to get done before my friends shower on 2/17 Getting ready to go in and do my workout before starting dinner and getting a jump on school work for the week. Happy Monday everyone, please stay warm!

Week 4:
1/27: 228.7 (-0.4)
1/28: 228.1 (-0.6)
Total for Week 4: -1.8
Total for January: -0.5
Old 01-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #70  

Hi all!!

Yesterday was another strength training day, so I’m not surprised I bumped up a bit today with water retention and DOMS and whatnot. I surpassed my hydration goal yesterday and stayed OP 100% with eating, so I’m sure that’s what’s going on. On a positive note, another percentage point of body fat (also confirming the water retention theory). I’m starting to think I’m a little obsessed with data and numbers I'm getting ready to go meet up with some work friends for brunch this morning. I hope everyone has a great day!!

1/28: 228.1

Final Days
1/29: 232.6 (+4.5)

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-29-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:10 AM   #71  

Daydreamer - You are pretty close to my weight. I have difficulty packing on protein usually due the fact I am just not a big meat eater. I find I have to get it through eggs and bacon. I do use protein shakes and fage yogurt too! Maybe give those a go if you aren't already.

Runningredhead - you are on it with your numbers! I am only doing pictures monthly and weekly weigh ins. Wish I had taken measurements though. I think sometimes those are better for us than the scale.

Ohpeliaphoenix - WOW, I was looking at your tickers on weight loss history. Impressive over such a period of time!

For me today was my weekly weigh-in. 208.8 so looks like I lost another 2.4 this week. I am at 19 lbs for the month. Was hoping to lose 20. Not sure but I may have to break my weekly weigh ins to weigh again on 2/1 to see if I met my 20 lb goal. So close! Not sure I can handle just saying 19 when I have another 3 days left!

Getting bitterly cold here. Putting my puppy in a jacket every time she needs to go potty. Still feel bad for her little feet. The snow has not melted in 3 weeks now! It is now like compacted ice!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #72  
Andando...

opheliaphoenix: That's great! You are almost there, 8 lbs should go by fast! Life sounds super hectic, it's amazing you manage to stick with your goals. I'd probably over eat froms stress.

RunningRedHead: That's what I keep asking myself!! Where did the time go!? It feels like New Years was just yesterday... Grats on the fat loss! That's what really counts at the end of the day. Hope you had fun at brunch! ^^

brfoote: I have the same problem! I try to think of low carb high protein dinners for example, and the only thing that comes to mind is... a plate with just chicken on it or something, and let me tell you how that does not sound appealing at all! I do love eggs though, I had 3 boiled eggs and cheese for lunch yesterday. I've never tried protein shakes, but I might give it a go! Thanks so much for your suggestions. THose are amazing numbers!!! You are killing it.

---

The low carb attempt went alright yesterday, though I ended up giving in a little at dinner (mainly due to the fact that I can't possibly think of a low carb dinner). We had tacos, and so the tortillas were a thing that happened. Though I still consumed less than I would have otherwise. Went to the gym and walked for an hour after that. Overall it was a good day.

The scale showed 218.5 lbs today, a nice drop! Though I am going to my favorite restaurant for lunch today. I moved quite far from it and it's been a while since I've been there. I do hope it doesn't mess up wit my weight too much, ramen is notorious for it's high concentrations of sodium. So we'll see what happens I'll try to drink enough water to flush it out.

SW: 226.6 lbs
GW: 215.3 lbs
To Go: 3.2 lbs

01/29: 218.5 lbs
01/30:
01/31:

Total Lost January: 8.1 lbs
Old 01-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #73  
Andando...

The scale was kind to me this morning, 217.4 lbs! I am VERY okay with being 2.1 lbs over my goal. I was suppoused to go to the gym today, but I woke up feeling pretty bad. My throat had been hurting for a day or two but this morning was pretty bad, my whole body felt 'wrong' and ... I felt like I was am drowning in my own fluids, as I can barely breath sometimes. I hope this is a cold and goes away soon.

Yesterday was good, I had delicious ramen for lunch and I made 2 quesadillas for dinner.

Hope eveyons is doing okay!

SW: 226.6 lbs
GW: 215.3 lbs
To Go: 2.1 lbs

01/29: 218.5 lbs
01/30: 217.4 lbs
01/31:

Total Lost January: 9.2 lbs

Last edited by DayDreamer26; 02-01-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:35 AM   #74  

Just a quick check-in for me today, but I shall see y'all over in the next thread

1/28: 228.1

Final Days
1/29: 232.6 (+4.5)
1/30: NWI
1/31: 231.3 (-1.3)
Total for Final Days: +3.2
Total for January: +2.5
Old 01-31-2019, 01:50 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Headed off to a meeting but I've been drafting the new thread. It will be up by the end of today. Happy Thursday!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote