Old 10-02-2018, 10:19 PM   #16  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

THE SCALE IS NOT BUDGING AND IT'S MAKING ME SO MAD. Ugh. But I'm just not gonna weigh myself until November 1st and then we'll just see where I'm at. Just going to keep at it and not worry about it. Maybe I'll see inches before pounds? I went for a 45min walk with the boyfriend and the doggo at a park close to the house and it was so beautiful! It's a piece of land bought by the city from a university with a giant lake in the middle. I'm trying to make it a daily thing. Tomorrow, we'll go for a walk with the dog and then hit the gym for some weight lifting afterwards. I'm thinking of going keto again, since that was the last time I saw real results.

Slash: glad the scale went down a little! A little progress is still progress <3

Lemon: Maybe your body shape is different now than the last time you were a 16? My body has changed dramatically in shape over time. As I get older, more of my weight is settling in different places. And the scale was not kind >

Toasted: it's a whole new month! You'll reach your goal this month I'm thinking of trying IF also, but I get weird low blood sugar feelings if I don't eat. Surprisingly though, I never got that feeling on Keto, so maybe I need to go back to that

Uber: You're so close!!! You can do it!!!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #17  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, quick check in because I've been slacking all day at work and I need to accomplish at least one thing on my to do list. My weight is holding steady. I'm doing okay with food. Everytime I want to slack, I remember the effort of the IF and I'm a bit more moderate. It's not perfect but I'm plugging along.

Lemon: There's actually a sewing class/club situation in my area from time to time, I just keep missing it. My tailor probably doesn't care what size I am, but she's my age and somewhat my friend and also really slim, so I don't want my weight travails front and center. Yay the size 16s that fit!!!! How goes it with your yard work?

Diane: That's exactly what I'm thinking. Maybe not to give up on strength, but to inject more cardio, perhaps? Did you get a workout in yesterday in the end? I know nothing about cleaning out flower pots since we have stable warm temperatures year round. What do you do with the plants you clear out? Turn them to compost?

Amanda: Boooo the scale!!!! So frustrating! It is a brand new month. There's another person on here (Sakai) who's been doing keto and she really likes it. Maybe you should give it a go and see if that shocks your body into dropping some weight especially since lower carb has worked for you in the past. When last did you keto? For how long? How did you like it? My mom is an occasional ketoista so I'm somewhat familiar with it but I've never myself attempted it with my carbaholic ways.

Okay guys, got to go. Hopefully, everyone is having a great day! Cheers to all!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #18  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Dread: Dang scale! I think that might be a good idea to wait to weigh. I can't do that, personally, because I just get too anxious about it, needing to know. But it might be good for others! Ha! I would bet that you are definitely losing inches as you go, and with the changes you are making, your body might just be holding on to the extra water.

Toasted: That sounds like a good plan to keep yourself on track, with the reminder of your IF efforts! Good job! I ended up not working out yesterday. It was really rainy most of the day, so hiking wouldn't have been good. I also got a new horse yesterday, so I wanted to see how he was doing. As for my plants, there aren't a lot, but I just pull them and put them in this pile of dirt that we have. It isn't really composting, but they break down out there and at some point, we might mix it in with the dirt pile. Not sure yet!

As for me, I wasn't great yesterday, but trying again today. I went to spin this morning and so far, I'm on track with food. What a struggle! I went up just a little bit on the scale, but it wasn't unexpected. I am just trying to keep going to get back on track. I am actually getting ready for our hunting vacation. We head up to the mountains on October 12th, and then come back out on the 17th. It is a big change in my schedule, so I am just doing what I can for now, and then hoping to be back on track after hunting.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #19  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, quick check in. I'm still doing okay on food but not doing much with exercise. My knees have been really bothering me- on the outsides especially climbing stairs although I'm not sure what I could have done to aggravate them. I've hardly been athletic. Dr. Google says it could be some kind of tendinitis. I don't know. I've always had weak knees- maybe I should look up some knee strengthening exercises or something. I worry about not having exercised in a while and losing what little strength I've picked up over the last couple of months but it is what it is. I'm going to try to figure some protocol out. We'll see.

Diane: I can't imagine hiking in the wet and mud is much fun. Yay upcoming vacation. What do you hunt? Venison? Who does the cleaning and prepping? It sounds like a lot of work if you guys have to do it as well. I hope you get some R & R opportunities as well. How as the rest of yesterday? Did you finish as strong as you wanted.

I hope Lemon, Uber, Amanda and everyone else is doing okay. Sending all the on plan dust to you all.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Toasted: totally not on plan - back to stress eating last night. Oh joy - car troubles - always fabulous when they all hit at the same time. That’s the downside of owning anything.

I can’t help you with your knees other than try swimming if they are bothering you too badly or your mag oil. I tend to get creakiest as the seasons change and find I need to focus more on the vitamins and magnesium especially. My ankles not wanting to flex first thing in the morning is my reminder! Aging totally stinks.

Diane: yep bow season is now here - DH had to help go track the other night in the dark as my fil got his right at close and of course it ran off a bit. When my DH goes out for gun season his plan is to donate his. I will confess I still don’t eat venison. Enjoy your time running in nature!

Hello all!

Am: stress eating - check
Avoiding the scale - check
Not exercising - check
Wanting to be svelte hahahaha isn’t happening

Ok other than my own tiny pity party - I’m doing ok. Yes the 16s fit w the exception of the one pair - but measuring it w the others they are all the same the only thing I can think of is maybe that particular pair lacks some of the Lycra content that the others may have because really in today’s day and age - can you really buy jeans that are 100% cotton denim? Maybe it’s just because I’m heavy - but really how often do you see that?

Today I’m going to swing by the goodwill. Maybe I will have luck. That would be nice - a few new to me things.

And the car - the window fell down - oh how I loathe car windows that don’t work when heavy rain comes and your garage is a dump and you can’t get it cleaned before said storm to get car in. So - it closes mostly but remains with a 3/4” opening. The brace to hold it up fell/collapsed/died/rusted out and frankly why did this have to happen? Because I swear the world around me is conspiring against me right now. Just saying. Add that on top of the need for a new one - the newest money pit.

So today I hope to keep up w some IF or at least manage to see what goes into my body is limited.

Wishing you all well. May you have better outlooks then myself.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #21  
Diane

Toasted: Sorry to hear about your knee. Dang, like we need any help with obstacles to weight loss and fitness. Hopefully it will rest up and repair soon! As for hunting, the vacation I take is for elk hunting. We also go deer hunting, but that is only on weekends. We do process it all ourselves. And it is a lot of work, but we enjoy it and love the meat!

Lemon: Hopefully goodwill has something good for you. With the weather getting fairly cold today, I started looking at what I have to wear in the winter. It isn't great. I will probably have to go look for some things this year.

As for me, I didn't weigh today. I also didn't go to the gym. I'm just planning to go to spin tomorrow. It was really stormy this morning, so staying in bed was a good thing! Kind of wet and cold today. I guess summer is over....
Old 10-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #22  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, my weight is up today, although I fully expected it to be because I worked late last night and didn't eat dinner till 10.30pm and so woke up feeling bloated. I did okay, not great, diet-wise yesterday so I don't think it's that. I have the day stretching ahead of me and my fast today is unfortunately till 3pm because I ate so late yesterday except that I have a meeting at 3pm that should go till at least 4 and a management meeting at 2pm that should go till at least 3, so by default, my fast looks like it's going pretty much the whole day. I'm just kind of tired and hazy rather than hungry right now, but I'm sure that will change as the day goes on. Yesterday's NSV was that it was the birthday of one of my colleagues and everyone got a meat pie (something like what in America would be a meat turnover) and a scotch egg (boiled egg coverd in sausage meat dipped in breadcrumbs and deep fried), and as badly as I wanted mine, I took it home and regifted it to someone because it didn't fit into my plan. How saintly I am... Disgustingly so actually. Sighhh. No regrets. It's not like it was cake or anything.

Lemon: I actually hadn't tried magnesium oil for my knees. I've been on an arnica kick but it doesn't have to be either or. I'll give the magnesium oil a try for sure! Thanks for the reminder. The car window thing sucks! It's the worst especially when you're expecting inclement weather. It always happens at the most inconvenient times too. I'm feeling pretty stressy but struggling not to give in to the urge. I am using IF as an excuse but I AM looking forward to the weekend even though it looks like I'm going to have to work (from home) through a lot of it. I hope you had a better rest of the day!

Diane: I had to Google what elk was versus deer then got drawn into the fact that there is also moose and caribou hunting. It was a 5-minute rabbit hole. We have antelope and duiker and they're hunted and the meat prepped and sold by traditional hunters (to people like me) who use traditional locally-made dane guns (something like a musket) and machetes to hunt. Regular people, not from a traditionally hunting family, don't usually hunt because it's not the done thing because it's highly illegal to just own and buy guns unless you're military or police or can make the single shot traditional ones yourself as part of a hunting family. But there are recreational hunting clubs where you can join a hunting family for a weekend and they'll lend you guns and you can hunt, but it's not common. I love the meat too but I don't know if I could do the hunting and prepping side. Nothing better than staying in bed during a storm- the worst is having to eventually get up and leave for work during it. What are your weekend plans?

Okay guys, I've had one meeting that ran shorter than expected and I'm debating breaking my fast earlier but we'll see. Got to get back to work. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #23  
Diane

Toasted: Wow, that is a really long fast! I don't know if I could survive it! I've thought about trying IF at some point, though. It seems to be something different that isn't too crazy to me! Sounds like you are keeping super busy! I'm sorry I didn't do more explaining about the elk. I forget that you're not living in the same type of area as I am!! As far as meat goes, I prefer elk. Elk is very mild tasting and is similar to beef except it is very lean. It works well cooked alone or in other beef type recipes. I will eat deer, but it is much more of a wild taste to me. I don't love it by itself, usually, so I try to cook it in some kind of sauce or have gravy with it. Elk is much larger than deer, too, so it is a workout getting them gutted, skinned, cleaned and packed out. I do only a fraction of that, relying much more on my husband to do the "dirty" work. I've never hunted moose or caribou, but there are definitely those that do. We don't have a lot of moose in Colorado, and no caribou. I've never gone, but we do have antelope and bear hunting.

I have a busy weekend ahead with getting things ready for hunting. We are going to set up our tent, too, so we need to find time to do that, too. So, lots of cooking of meals so that I can just heat them up when we are there. I'm still going to go to spin classes next week, but I'm not going to be super diligent on everything. I know how I get the week before hunting, so I hope to coast a little without doing too much damage. Hunting usually is pretty good for weight loss, but we may not be up there as long, so I can't really rely on that either!!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #24  
Diane

255.6 - down a little from last week. I'll take it!

Wow, no posts over the weekend? I know that I don't usually make it on here either, though. Weekends just go so fast. I spent most of it getting ready for hunting. It will be hard to make it through this week, I'm just ready to be on vacation. But I'll be here until Thursday. Our weather has really taken a turn for the cold, and we've had lots of rain, which is really unusual for us. So, not much going on outside for me right now.

I went to spin this morning. I'll go on Wednesday for sure, but not sure if I'll do much else. Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 10-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody!!

Diane: Super envious of your planned mountain hunting trip! I've never been hunting, but I know I would love the outdoors aspect of it. Hope the rain is welcome even if it keeps you inside and that it's warm by the time you leave on your trip. I love now that I've driven through your area and can picture it in my mind. Gorgeous!!!

Toasted: Isn't it just nuts how much of our body image is in our head??? I've seen a lot of pictures of myself lately and I'm kind of shocked how little I look, but it really triggers me when I try on a size XL in something and it's too small, it makes me feel like I'm "too big for this world". Insane! I have weighed in the 150s as an adult (my high school weight was 150-160) but I can't imagine weighing that little now. I'm a typical older lady-- my shoulders, face, neck, and thighs just keep getting smaller, but nothing will budge the extra "stuff" around the belly. The only nice thing about being older is that a lot of people are sturdier at this age, and so instead of looking huge I look average.

Amanda: Welcome fellow member of the stuck scale club. It sucks!!! You are really smart not to look at the scale until November. I wish I had that much discipline!!!

Lemon: Isn't it crazy how clothes that are all the same size can fit so differently! I'm so glad that your other size 16s fit. I always feel awful when I try something on in a size that should fit and it doesn't. My rational brain says that the sizes are all over the place, but my irrational brain just FREAKS OUT! Any luck at the thrift shops? I haven't gone yet, but I'm hoping I'll find something nice! In LA it's rarely cold enough to wear a wool sweater so we tend to wear a lot of cotton and acrylic. So people may be giving away their cashmere pretty often!

So, I just came back from a whirlwind trip back east for my niece's wedding! It was really nice! Lots and lots of family photos and I was happy with how I looked. HOORAY!!! Usually I'm the one ducking out of the photos because I hate how I look! I had a really pretty new blue wool dress--- super simple so that I hope I can wear it lots more time without anyone noticing. :-) Also, hopped into the plane seat and the seat belt fit with 6" to spare. To think that a year ago I was bringing a seat-belt extender!! That really hit home for me in a good way!

The downside? If you can believe it, I weighed in this am at 200.1. I kid you not. Basically my weight has been stalled between somewhere in the 200-201 range for several week. It's such a dumb thing, and yet it is SO important to me to just see that freaking ONEDERLAND number. I've been hoping to lose another 10 lbs, but I don't think it's going to happen unless I really up my exercise, start running, or something like that. I have to say though that if I can maintain forever at this weight, I'll be happy enough.
1. I can shop in normal stores.
2. I can walk around all day without my feet hurting
3. I fit easily into an airplane seat.
4. I can fit easily into a booth at a restaurant.
5. I can climb into the back seat of a car even if it's a tight fit.
6. I don't get embarrassed getting my picture taken.
7. I can do so many more things!!!

So, if I lose another 10, that would be the icing on the cake, but the 97 lbs I've lost so far has radically improved my life! Hooray!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #26  

I haven’t posted - due to the fact I’m not doing well in any way, shape or form of a diet. I’m just blah like the weather that is stuck over my house. We have had a ton of rain and flood warnings yet again. It’s dark out yet and it’s almost 8. So my mood in the diet world matches the gray and dark I see outside.

Uber: yeah for fantastic feelings about your weight journey! It sounds like you enjoyed your new shape immensely with your travels. How fun to see all the small things that worried you a year ago. Keep up the good work! In regards to my thrifting - I found some silk scarves, but no other clothing. I have better luck on the cashmere in the areas that are closer to the state capital. Not saying that the men folk my way don’t wear nicer things - they just do more practical coverings but maybe closer to Christmas I will have luck! Is it funny I thrift when I travel?

Diane: well in this state they have spent the last 15-20 years reintroducing elk to our landscape. I was reading that we have had male moose sightings as well - usually they stay in MN and MI - we have CWD for whitetail and I read that’s part of the reason they don’t hang out in our state permanantly. Back to the elk - I have to keep that in mind as I drive in the state as they can become road strikes as well and they’ll do bigger damage. In fact it’s not uncommon to see black bear carcasses on the road periodically. Heck we almost hit an angus beef steer the other day - the darn thing was in the road and then spooked and reared at my side of the car. I’m yelling at DH to just stop and let the dang thing settle and get moving on their own.

Toasted: ugh - weight. I don’t even want to hop on the scale. It’s right up there w paying bills, cleaning toilets and cleaning my house this week. So totally not interested! So though IF for me works fine I’m not into doing it. One of these fine days I’ll change my outlook today is not one of them in fact I plan to bake today and say hips - staple the sweets on directly!

Hello all!

Am: I’m just kind of blue about my world. It just is but I think part of its with the change of seasons and just feeling worried about a bunch of nonsense things and I’m totally off the diet wagon. I know I need to lose weight - for years I prattle on about it and just haven’t remained focused long enough to get it off. So that’s why I haven’t been posting - I do better when I do post - but I feel like I’m not a good member when my weight stalled/gained and I really have no super huge inclination to make a change. Ok - that’s today - you know me - like the wind that outlook may be different mid day or tomorrow or next week. TOM just moved on so that might be part of it too. Who knows :P

Wishing you all well. I’m off to get the day tackled and the first costume half finished as I’m happy with it so far!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-09-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #27  
Diane

Uber: That's awesome! I love hearing how so many things are good with the weight you have lost and how content you would be at your current weight, even if you don't move lower. So many times we push and push and push for unreasonable numbers and it causes such angst! It is sad when you can't enjoy the progress you have made, and enjoy the things you can do compared to what you couldn't do before! That said, it is not unreasonable to want to see the scale dip under 200. It is an important number and goal, so I hope you reach it soon. I know you can do it!

Lemon: I'm sorry you are in a funk right now. Sometimes other things in life can make it difficult to keep up with diet and exercise. I also understand the dip in a mood with season changings. I am so much a warm weather lover, that fall is not exciting to me. I lived in an area where it snowed a lot and I think that burned me out on loving snow and cold weather. We seem to have gone from 80's to low 60's way too fast. I wish we could have hung out in the 70's for a little while! Anyway, I am glad to see you keep posting here. You'll get it back at some point!

As for me, I am coasting. Just biding my time until I can be on vacation. Ha! I made chili last night and so now I'm ready to be up in the mountains, and living the tent life. We have a big wall tent, with a woodstove, so not exactly roughing it too much. It is just nice to get away from technology, people, and chores! I will say that I will need to get back on track when I get back. I am not thrilled with my jeans being just a little snug, so need to get going and get back to being more comfortable. The one really good thing about hunting is that it is a great regrouping time for me. Lots of time to think quietly without the distractions. I tend to come back really refreshed and ready to go again. So, hoping that it the same this year!!
Old 10-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Just popping in to say:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4689 2.jpg (17.1 KB, 11 views)
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:18 AM   #29  

Uber: YEAH ROR YOU! How exciting to finally see that oneder!

Diane: enjoy your time off and hunting! It was mid 70s here yesterday and it’s been blustery all night long. Winter is on its way and I’m NOT welcoming it. No ma’am. As for the jeans - I hear ya - have the same issue here. When I last really wore them I had room, now not so much. Perhaps in the next few weeks we’ll both get it moving on off again.

Hello all!

Am: it’s been a lot of warming comfort food the last week for me. With it getting cooler and all the rain we have had it’s been soups and casseroles. Forget salads and chicken with steamed veg. This girl has gone with cheeses and pasta, breads and fall sweets. I’m not walking right now nor have I been really doing anything diet related.

I sit here on my couch at 2am - as my youngest crawled into bed with us and I got kicked out between the little aNd my DH taking all the space -nothing fun about a shoulder hanging off the bed. Of course if I lost this crappy weight I’d be smaller and lighter and maybe could fit in there easily.

I got one costume completed and will work on the next one after Saturday as we are having company and I need to clean my house rather than tear it all apart as it is now. As for diet - I will see what next week brings. I need to do something but I prefer to overlook it currently. This weekend I’ll have the talk w myself and see where I want to go.

Wishing you all a splendid end of week.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-11-2018 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #30  

Oh dear nothing fits today which means the work I did last year is for naught! Maybe it’s just the day - maybe it’s just that I’m fat. Alas - I’m
In need of a serious pep talk with myself and REALLY action - get moving!

Happy day all - I’m off to go play in the compost heap and get my hidden exercise. And figure out what I can do about myself. Especially with all the eating holidays coming on up. It’s a must!