12 Regainers regaining control and losing! - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #61  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

BG: That's so funny, I always thought that Slash was older than me back in the day. I actually knew he was about my age, so I just looked and he's just a little over a year younger than me. Good for you on all of your exercise and step efforts! I'm sure it will pay off! Oh, and you must live on the other side of the globe from me, since you're looking for cooler weather!! Definitely not hot here!

Lemon: I would bet that the IF will help again. Keep with it! Some days, you just need risotto!! Sounds like you're gearing up for Christmas. I have to order one thing to be mailed, so I need to get going on that. Ugh!

As for me, I am down again today on the scale. I think it is more a matter of not being able to eat much yesterday for lunch and dinner. With the dental issues, I was stuck with soft foods. It wasn't a lot of calories, so I think it dropped from that. I don't know how much of it is real. But it is nice to see. I ended up not going to body pump this morning. The dentist said to take it easy and then when I woke up this morning, I felt pretty tired. I wasn't going to take it easy, but it seemed like I might need a rest day. Or I was lazy. One of the two. Ha!

I do have to make sure I get up for spin tomorrow. I ended up not working out on Thursday and Friday of last week, and then had a bad weekend of indulging. I can't do that this week. I need to see some losses!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I came downstairs in the dark and looked out the window SNOW like the white stuff that isnít moving or melting. About an inch. I usually like the first few snows but this one my immediate feeling was LONG LONG WINTER. Maybe it will melt. Soon.

I will hop on the scale post coffee and at least have some number I can grumble at. I will attempt IF again this morning, it will be day 3 of doing this. Now if only I can get back to walking and counting calories and I will be in the golden enlightenment of weight loss. Yeah - totally not there!

Diane: I hope you found the gumption to pull yourself out of bed and get moving today. Oh weekends stink for weight loss. I know we both lament comfort foods, husbands feeding us, family visits etc that all add up to a higher scale Monday. So I hope you were successful.

Laurie: how are you?

Toasted: I see the royals have been in your continent lately - even though it may not be your locale - do you all get newsy reading on such? I know heís not as glamorous as his sons, or the young crowd - but still the fanfare Iíd think. Oh and did you apply for further education?

Sakai: howís the chick business?

Uber: I hope you have found 189 easily! I thought of you the other day as I was thinking when I last weighed in that window - I read how your slaying the sizes and when I last weighed 180 I was still in what Iíd consider big clothing. Double digit high numbers. I still try to figure out how when someone gets to 150 lbs they fit in a size 4-6. Certainly not menor my build. So Iím happy to read you have found success.

Pirate/ubee/anyone else out there: hope all is well!

Am: well I ordered most of the Christmas gifts for my kids yesterday. Amazon of course but also some local deliver to the store orders. In my area there arenít a huge amount of keep it local stores which is sad - I was talking w my mom once when I was late 20s and she was telling me when she was young and single she had a dress shop she frequented and they knew her style/size etc and would pick up special items on their buying trips they think would be of interest. Of course knowing her budget etc. I said I have never had anything of the such. I guess, nor the budget. Only once and that was the wedding dress and now I still wonder if mine was too plain. I digress - no second guessing the wedding dress. it would be nice to have something like that I guess. Too much these days is throw away.

Btw - I got that small gig I spoke of. Yeah! - will get me out of the house and away from the foodstuffs that call my name while at home and it will work with kids in school.

Well Iím off to ponder my day and try whole heartedly to get that walk in. The IF, less my coffee; is ongoing, and I need to start back w the calories. Ugh righting the ship is a pain, but I like feeling better, looking better and in general - feeling good. Of late I feel like Iím about 20 years older then I should be as I plod along.

Happy day all! Iíll send you the snow!

Updated to add: 238.6

Well itís a bit better but not great darn 30s! :P

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-09-2018 at 09:33 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:31 AM   #63  

Hello all

The new week has begun - Iím going to try IF again today and see if Iím successful however that darn scale isnít budging. I know - I have to work to get that scale to move. Argh. Darn double edge sword, right now I donít have time to fit that in but I will have to eek out time and make it a priority once again.

Happy Monday - Iím grumbly and will keep this short.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody!

Hey, sorry I haven't been around too much. Busy traveling!!! But I had fun reading and catching up on old posts, even a guest appearance by our very own Laurie and a big welcome to BG.

Diane: Wait, what? Your BRAND???!!!!! Ok, you are now simply the coolest person I've ever met. I cannot think of anything cooler than having your own brand! Of course, I'm into all things horse, even things that are only peripheral to horses, (such as cattle)!

Lemon: Wow! A new gig! Congratulations!!! And especially something that works with kids and school. Being home full-time with kids is awesome, but sometimes it just feels good to get away! Hope your IF is going well and wow, already Christmas shopping! I'm so impressed!

BG: Welcome to our little group. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Laurie: Was great to see your name and get a lil update! Hope life is treating you well.

Toasted: Sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy but hopefully in a good way!

So for me, good morning on the scale as I FINALLY lost another pound to 197 meaning that I'm now officially DOWN 100 lbs!!!!! So, I'm still losing ever so slowly, and I'm not gaining, which in and of itself feels like a miracle! I know that it would be good for me to exercise more, but I'm just kind of hanging out. Did quite a bit of traveling recently and boy am I glad that my seatbelt extender days are in the rearview mirror. I'm thinking that i'm a nice size 14 in pants and an L or XL in tops depending on the brand and I'm hoping to stay here for good and not get crazy about trying to lose another 10 lbs.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:50 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 350

I love the spring!
Marie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:51 AM   #66  

Yes that's quite the achievement!
Old 11-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #67  

Good luck Diane!
Old 11-13-2018, 06:37 AM   #68  

Bah!

Bg: a Cajun turkey sounds spicy and good. I have been on a meh attitude w turkey partly because my fil likes to make them throughout the year but the taste is never what I hope for. Iím not sure what he uses but itís not what I am looking for on my tastebuds! What else will you be making?

Uber: look at you go at 197! What a nice feeling. How is your new book coming along? Is your research having you travel to fun places? Do you immerse yourself within the culture/neighborhoods or just the city overall? What inspires you for these jaunts?

Diane: Iíll be a deer widow this weekend. I have been washing blaze and itís out airing until then. Itís always funny to see everyone with their orange hanging on porches, decks, clotheslineís. Iíll be more than happy if the man gets his deer right away. Some years not so much.

Toasted: how are you doing? Hopefully you are tackling your numbers and turning them right around. I however am not.

Hello all!

Iím on hold. The IF works when I do it, the weight hasnít moved so i have to convince myself that counting calories and walking daily are what I have to do if I want a happy scale and a happy mind. Yeah - the mind is my enemy right now. Maybe because I know itís not easy and I grumble more because in todayís day and age you want it all to be instantaneous and ITS WORK! And I really wish I knew why I can have big weight swings. I asked my endo and sheís like thatís unusual. Really, then tell me why. No answer other then do you want to try a diet drug?

I guess once my outlook changes maybe what I stuff in my mouth or move my body will. As of this present second - I am doomy gloomy and matter of fact - darn itíd be nice to change the outlook quickly.

With that stupendous outlook - Iím off. Hey does anyone recall if you have other symptoms when you have strep throat other than a sore throat? Nothing Iím taking relieves it and I really donít want to go to the doctor. Argh. Today is a day - thatís for sure.

Enjoy yours, may your scales be kind.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-13-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #69  

I walked 20mins! Iím counting calories - who says an old lady canít tey and make changes? Hah - I shouldnít call myself old - Iím still not a 1/2 century yet. However some days I feel that way.

Bg: oh that all sounds delish. I have never made my own turkey day meal when I was single it was bring a dish to pass w/ my family. Now w the ILS itís usually way heavy on horsíd vours and the meal - and I have to do two of them. My family has switched to soups and pie to alleviate all the afternoon big meals. It works. I may take salad with this year for that. Sadly my ILS believe everything veg wise must be sauced, souped or fried. I usually take something to pass maybe this year I will do steamed or a veg tray.

Hello all again-

Ok the walk was just right - before everything hurt when I was done, I kept up a brisk pace, and I moved. Tomorrow I will try again. And yes, I broke down, back to calories. However I have been heavier this am but good thing Iím planning to make soup for dinner to go in the crock pot.

Anyone else a soup head in the winter?
Old 11-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #70  
Diane

Lemon: Not sure on the strep throat. I think you usually have a fever with it, though. That might be wrong. Glad you got some walking in! Hopefully the deer hunting will go fast.

BG: Cajun turkey sounds awesome! And the pecan pie... I'd be eating that for sure. No one in my family likes pecan pie, so I don't get it often, but I love it! I make a bunch of cherry pies throughout the year because my husband loves them. Not my favorite, so that makes it easy to avoid them. My parents are coming for Thanksgiving, and she makes the pumpkin pie. I do like pumpkin, too. I agree with you on what you said about staying the course. There really isn't an alternative, so might as well keep going.

Uber: Congrats on the 100 pounds lost!!! That is so awesome! Regarding the brand, yeah, I'm pretty cool. Haha! We actually have 2 brands because one was given to my husband from his dad. My brand came from a friend of my family, when we first bought cows. We used to have a lot more, but now we just have 2 cows and a bull. Just for fun! They are Scottish Highlands, if you want to see what they look like. They are so cute!

Marie49: Hi!!

As for me, I had a 3 day weekend, with being closed for Veteran's Day. I meant to get a lot of stuff done, but only got some of it done. Oh well, that's ok. I am down in weight from last week, but not as much as I had hoped. Weekends..... they kill me. But, I went to spin yesterday, and then body pump today. Back to spin tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #71  

need to get my walk in and my IF is ongoing. I also have my appt for a rapid strep test as my lousy pain is 6-7 when I swallow food or drink. Argh! Who needs that nonsense. I usually can handle pain w the exception of when it disrupts my day to day doings. I’ll find out what’s up and move on.

Weight is coming down down just a smidge. I’d love to get on the scale and have it down 5 lbs daily. Who am I kidding that’s never going to happen less I quit eating everything. And though it’s a number I didn’t want to see and how my body seems to love the 30s - well it’s time to move it back down and I really hope that my brain learns I need to stay in the loosing category. If I can get that changed I’m good.

So so there is my outlook for today - keep it up! Make the scale magically get into lower numbers. I’m good.

My soup was good - it helped the throat, warmed the belly - and I didn’t even have crackers or bread with it. So in that, an achievement.

Bg: I haven’t had canned soup in ages - in the winter months I do an awful lot of making it. I have a bunch of soup bones that are in the freezer so I cook those down and throw the bone broth good stuff in beef based ones. I like both broth and cream based but I have to watch the added fat with those, but once every two weeks I don’t think is bad. I find soup good for the soul (or so they say!).

Diane: Scottish highlands are so lovely - do yours have long lashes? How fun. Have these become pets or are they future beef? Have you done anything new w the hair? Are you still sporting the silver?

toasted: where are you? Isn’t this the time of year you have all your family cake celebrations? I lived through my birthday the past weeks. DH piled on frosting and we all know my preference is little frosting (hah! I know total disagreement w you!) so I didn’t eat a lot of it.

Laurie: hope all is well.

Uber: 100 pounds is fantastic! You must be having fun rocking the body with a new shape. Are you embarking on book tours this winter again? Will your fans react to you differently do you think, have you found extra confidence? Have you found a new outfit to show off your accomplishments? What a great feeling I am sure! Have you had worries or loss with the fires? Stay safe friend!

hello all!

im awaiting a small laundry run to finish and then I’ll switch loads and go walk while it washes. I have most of the hunting gear washed and airing. I have some mending of gear but I’ll be glad to have that done. Soon enough.

Look forward to your replies! It’s freezing here! Who needs cold?! I don’t. But that’s what I have living this far north - and for some crazy reason I like the changing seasons!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-14-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #72  
Diane

Lemon: Good for you on the downward scale numbers! I don't know if I replied on the soup question. I love soup! In the winter, we'll have it at least once a week, sometimes more. We had chili last night. As for our cows, while they are just so cute, we will be raising the calves for beef. The 2 cows and bull are safe, though!

BG: Sounds like you are doing well with the scale. That's good! I'm sure the Cajun turkey will be awesome, too! It does take some discipline to keep from working out too hard. You want to really get after it and see some scale love, but it definitely is smart to build up slowly.

As for me, no weigh in today. Was feeling a little bloated today, so I didn't think that it would be a good thing to do. I don't need to be discouraged today! I think that the workouts are causing a little water retention. Oh well.... Doing fairly well with food, but I could step it up a little. I'll work on it.

I went to spin this morning and they had a new class release. It was really different and tough, but I'm sure that's good. Tomorrow is Body Pump again, and there will also be a new release on that class. I've heard it is heavy on the squats. Ugh. Every so often they have new releases, and that time is now. Otherwise, they will vary what we do each week anyway.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #73  

and I have strep! And no medicine yet because of a big time snafu. Got to love modern medicine at all
costs So I emailed my doctor to let them know my displeasure as the clinic has upgraded their way of dealing w common winter illnesses. Long story short Iím still not sleeping well and have constant pain. Fabulous!

bg: I loathe autocorrect! Some days I read back through as I type this on my phone - good lord some of the things it doesnít like or what it changes to! And it hates the word sewing or sewn amongst other things - and yes I do sew. So are you being inundated w the snow and rain?

diane: so youíll have a full freezer soon enough. Do you sell your beef or raise for your family? Have you done bone broth? I know right now totally trendy, but I grew up with it and got away from it as I became an adult. Now as a mom Iím using it as I can. Not specifically on a day to day basis and I tend to flavor it or add it to soups instead. I was reading how some people drink a cup a day plain. Yeah no, I need spices and garlic, a bit of boullion if I do that. Good for you on body body movement.

Hello all!

am: letís just say my trip to the medical center was really lousy. I do hope today looks up but who knows at all. Itís not been good the last 48 hours.

But enough on that. I have gotten my 20 minute walk in each day this week. Today maybe not but I have shopping to do so I might not get a brisk walk in unless I mow everyone down with my shopping cart as I go at a great clip. That would be funny. But Iíll be kind and not a terror.

Im hoping to find some good produce today while Iím out. Some weeks itís hit or miss both price wise or whatís in stock. With all these fires I anticipate some issues in both. I need to pick up some things for thanksgiving baking and dishes to pass. Iím bringing a relish tray! No deep fried for me.

May you all all have a lovely day. Iím off to slay it all!

Old 11-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #74  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, good morning!

I am trying to make this a part of my routine again, and it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I am actually doing okay with routines in general -- I get consistent exercise and am eating well prior to about 6:30 p.m. Gonna work on that part of it.

Diane - Dental work is the worst! But you're right. It does help us keep on track. =) I love that it's been years since this thread started, and almost every weekday throughout that time, you have posted about your workouts. I recently signed up for a set of four personal training sessions for $49 at my gym, and it felt like everyone underestimated my fitness level. They knew that I had not been at the gym much during the summer. I am sure they didn't realize that it was largely because I was training for a half-marathon (which I then completed) outside. They were so condescending about "sticking with it this time" and "starting slow so you don't get too sore." And I thought of you, Diane. We may not be stick-thin, but we are badass.

Lemon - Yay for getting out and walking! So much research suggests that walking is the best form of exercise. I don't know if you're recovering from an injury or just trying to get back in shape and that's why you were hurting after, but you're right. Doing it one day makes it easier to do the next. I am not a "soup head" per se, but I used to have an energy drink habit that I am kicking. I had thought on my way to work, though, that I might enjoy one of the last few that I purchased and stored at work this morning. But my herbal tea appealed to me so much more when I actually got here, and it was a temperature thing. So, I get it. =)

BG - You are almost at your low? That is so incredibly exciting! Glad you gave yourself a bit of a break on the steps to get the strength training in. I have a Fitbit, and can get pretty obsessed with steps, to the point that I sometimes sacrifice strength training to get in more steps. Your choice was much better. Can't wait to see you reporting that you have hit a new low!

UBER - 100 pounds down????? A. Mazing. I know that some people think that post-surgery weight loss is easy, but the work is still the work. And you are putting it in. I am so excited for you! And no seat belt extender? ALWAYS a relief.

I have been interrupted a total of six times while trying to write this, and my to-do list is beckoning, so I need to get back to work. I have struggled getting my daughter to school in the mornings the past few days, and that's messing with my work-out times. I was supposed to run this morning, but didn't make it. And I have to pick her up and take her to a counseling appointment, then have fifty minutes of time while she's in the appointment. So, my plan is to change into running attire before I pick her up, run at the mall (because it's too cold outside and no Anytime Fitness location is close enough to be able to commute there and back and run. So, I'm going to be doing some mall running. How obnoxious is that going to be? But. Long hair, don't care. I'm not missing my run today, and I'm not spending fifty minutes of unproductive time this morning.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #75  
Diane

Lemon: UGH! Strep throat is not good. I'm sorry you have to go through that, and without medicine. But, look at you getting in your walk! Very good. As for the cows, we have never butchered for our family, we've always sold them, but we're going to raise one for us this time. No, I haven't tried bone broth. I've heard a lot about it, but haven't given it a try yet. I am skeptical! But, I'm sure it is healthy as heck!

BG: Well, hopefully you can get that last pound off soon! Those are always the tough ones. I'm like you, I was avoiding working on legs because I was doing so much hiking and spin. But, I've noticed that I was getting so stiff. So, back to trying to get my range of motion back. It might be an age thing! Ha! Sorry you have the arthritis to deal with. That's just another hurdle!

Laurie: I hate that! When someone underestimates and condescends to you when they make assumptions. Good for you with keeping with the running! That's great! It is funny how long this thread has been going on. I have always said I have no problem with the workouts, it is just staying dedicated on the food issue. I will say that I made a couple of mistakes when I made some changes to my weight lifting workouts. So, trying to get that back now.

As for me, I'm down just a little on weight. Not a lot, but down is good! I was feeling kind of stiff and sore this morning, so I skipped body pump. I am feeling like I wish I would have gone, so I think I will go to the afternoon class after work. It starts getting dark so early and that makes me want to not go as I'm leaving work. But, I think I will try to stay focused and go.

Staying on track with food is going fairly well. So far, we haven't had the temptations coming in to the office yet for the holidays. That will be the next challenge. Some of it I have no problem avoiding. But there are the ones that just call my name!! Ha!