3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   11 Regainers regaining control and relosing! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/315327-11-regainers-regaining-control-relosing.html)

Slashnl 05-18-2018 01:36 PM

Well, ok. I guess I didn't come here yesterday. That was weird....

Lemon: Good for you with all of the weeding. That definitely will give you a workout. And, I will say that this is the only forum that I will make comments. I've seen some of the others and I don't like the lack of support. Don't need nasty people in my life!!

Jenni: Oh definitely, you need answers for sure. What a pain! You can deal with it, as long as you know what it is and what you need to do!

Uber: Dipping toes is always good! No need to jump in! Ha!

Lilion: Well, there you go! Posting again! Yay!!!!

As for me, I went to Body Pump yesterday and also went for a hike after work. I have this great hiking loop I take after work. It is about 40 minutes, and it has a great steep section that continues to kick my butt. My goal is to be able to make it to the top without stopping (about 1/2 a mile). So far, I'm not there yet because it does make me breathless. I'll keep working on it. Today I went to spin. It was pretty difficult, and hot. Tomorrow I'll go for spin and upper body work.

Still haven't weighed yet. I might try tomorrow, or just wait until Monday. Have a good weekend!!

ubergirl 05-18-2018 02:22 PM

Diane Good to take breaks from weighing! You must be building muscle with all the working out! I love your hiking loop strategy! I'm trying to get ready for hiking in Yellowstone, and so I've been hitting the trails with my dog. I live in a very hilly area, and at the top of the hill, but we have a lot of gorgeous trails, but I got really discouraged when I got up to my higher weights, I was getting so pooped walking up hills that it was kind of scary-- I would get to a point where I literally could not keep walking and had to sit down. And since I live at the top of the hill, I was never sure how far to walk down (so easy on the way down, right?) So I'm just heading down the trail a ways and then turning around and walking back up, and I'm STILL not too good on steep hills. If I walk straight uphill for more than about five minutes I start having to take panting breaks, but I'm definitely much better than I was 60 lbs ago, and I figure I can go a little further down the hill every day!

Jenni So frustrating about your doctor not wanting to send you to an endo! I don't know why they can be like that sometimes. Frustrating!

Lil Nice to have you stopping by! Sounds like you're busy but it's nice when you pop in!

Lemon You're right about those auto-immune diseases going in clumps! My mom has diabetes, vitiligo, and hyper-parathyroidism, and her endo says it's only a matter of time until her thyroid goes! I feel so lucky (knock on wood) that I haven't gone in her direction.

As for me, I'm sitting at 230, and I know I shouldn't complain because I was dropping quick there for a while and was bound to hit a stall, so I'm trying to be patient!! Getting excited about leaving for the big trip to Yellowstone, etc coming up in 3 weeks.

lemonthyme 05-18-2018 03:12 PM

Re-baking accomplished! Tired now that I finally sat down! Trip to moms tonight. Maybe I can snooze as DH is driving and maybe my kids are willing to remain somewhat quiet. Who knows. But then it’s up super early to get my moms house planted for the season.

Any one watching the wedding tomorrow? I remember when di and Charlie got married - watching in my youth and grumbling at the tv because NOTHING was clear and everything in a fog! Now we can see people’s pores and scars and thread count. Oh well! Though I’m not super interested in them - I do like a wedding as there is always freshness to a blooming relationship (unless of course you know the person and they are at the bottom of your excitement list!). I was about the same age then as my eldest is now so maybe we’ll watch together. I don’t know if there is interest but I’ll see.

So happy weekend all. I’ll do personals maybe later if my hands work after all the weeding and planting. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead!

ubergirl 05-19-2018 12:19 PM

:carrot::carrot:229:carrot::carrot:

Just popping in to say WOOT WOOT!! I didn't expect it, but I cracked the 220s this morning! Very happy-making for me as I have pretty much always weighed over 230 since 1991 when my first child was born, except on very rare occasions.

Feels Great!

Lemon I'm a total anglophile and we taped the royal wedding so I can watch with my mom. I remember Princess Di's wedding too!

lemonthyme 05-21-2018 06:51 AM

Haven’t weighed, had water or exercised unless planting and weeding counts

Hello all!

Have to run to the grocery this morning and get my fridge loaded again and arm my days with produce that helps. But my family tends to eat me out of the things that are a help for me protein wise. Doesn’t matter if I have 1 or 5 they’d still all be gone in the same time frame and I’ll be sticking my nose back in the fridge not finding anything.

Anyone else just feel they are going through motions half heartedly?

Uber: yeah for finding the 220s! I’m sure you’ll fly through them. I’m hopeful I’m still not in them in the next year. I probably will be. Just keep that hill as your challenge and it will be toppled over soon. You can do it!

Diane: how did your hiking go?

Well I best get my day going and see what I can find and maybe find some answers and a better outlook. Thus far I haven’t found that yet. Nor the mojo.

Happy day all! I watched that wedding - interesting how they kept zooming in on relatives faces. I think they were making stories where there aren’t stories. But they had a lovely day. And the thing I enjoyed besides all the hats and fascinates were the bells tolling. So very English! We have bell towers and they are so rarely used (at least in my area). Anywho - hope hose who watched had fun too.

jenjenangel027 05-21-2018 10:04 AM

Diane:. Hoping you get a great scale reading!

Uber: congrats on the 220s that is amazing!

Lemon:. I hear you about eating out of the house. I tend to hide food or put it in a container that says my name. I sure hope you start feeling better and your body starts to cooperate.

Good weekend I got a lot accomplished. Whole house clean and I went on several walks. I need to put my kitchen in boxes as they come on Wednesday to demo! Feels like may is flying by. So my weight started stalling in April. I went back through my journal and figured out that that is when my doctor changed my birth control. Can BC really cause a stall in weight? That was the only thing different I found.

lemonthyme 05-21-2018 11:30 AM

Jen: oh how I wish my house were all cleaned up! Your lucky! In regards to your bc, it’s hormones and any of the hormones I believe can do issues to your body until it acclimates to the changes. It’s like my synthroid - I feel better but my weight hasnt moved, even on those days I’ve been good ;) and too when your weight has gone down your metabolism slows I believe too. Your body just will need to find it’s right space to hop back on diet mojo.

Good luck w the cabinets!

Hello all!

I just got back from the grocery with lots of produce - strawberries were $1/lb today so I partook! I could have a grand time but I know how quickly some things have to be eaten less they spoil. I even got romaine from CA so that’s helpful less they have issues in the future too. The one thing I noticed was the crucifers were all higher in price today - they have had volatile prices of late $1.50 one week today 3.50. Anywho - I don’t think it’s just high gas prices doing it either. Maybe it’s the rain or lack of. I’ll be happy if my garden grows well and is productive sooner than later.

Today I’m kind of down - after watching the wedding it made me think back to all the hopes I had when I married and as I went through my thoughts discovered I’ve lost a lot of that hope. I guess life reared up and bit me in the fanny and those things I had in mind setting out as a new couple went out the window as we hit the stones in the road so to speak.

Anywho, I’m trying to shake it all - weight, hope, views, maybe some more large size clothes. It’s funny how some days it all hits you at once but maybe part of that is TOM (you know have you ever met a woman super happy during that time? I usually have one weepy day and one madder than a hornet day and the rest as just get on with it days). Who knows but this stinks.

This week I’ll be back to making small tweaks to my daily bit - concentrating on the fasting and calorie window. I can do this!

Slashnl 05-21-2018 01:55 PM

Uber: Congrats on the 220's!!! Yay for you!!! You should be so proud of yourself. And, way to go on working toward your Yellowstone vacation. You'll be so prepared this way to really enjoy yourself. Even though you might get winded on the hills, I think that if you're working on climbing, you get to the point where you can recover more quickly. You might have to take a short break, but it won't knock you completely down. That's how I feel when we go hunting... I might get a little winded, but then I can keep going after just catching my breath. You'll be awesome at Yellowstone!

Lemon: I thought of you as I was doing some planting this weekend. I cleaned up my patio and planted a lot of flowers in pots. They look so good now! It was very therapeutic. I understand the feelings you are having. It is hard to keep super positive about it all. Hopefully, you can bounce back soon!

Jenni: How nice to have your house completely clean!! Very cool. I tried, but didn't get it all done. I need to work on it throughout the week so that next weekend can be free. Oh, and I do believe that BC can affect a stall. Maybe Lemon is right, that you will acclimate to it.

As for me, I didn't weigh again today and I didn't get to spin class. I was feeling pretty tired today. So, I just want to take a couple of days off. I will probably go back on Wednesday to spin class. I think that this next weekend will help. The Junior College Baseball World Series tournament starts on Saturday. We go to a lot of games, so it is a fun weekend. I'm getting tired of projects every weekend, and I am looking for a break from all the structure!! Just a mini baseball vacation week!

jenjenangel027 05-22-2018 10:05 AM

Diane:. Baseball is always fun! I love going and watching in person. My grandpa use to take me to Dodgers games as a kid and now it serves as wonderful memories.

Lemon:. Cheer up hun! I know this weight thing and thinking of past and future can get to you. You got to just go day by day. Life is short and sometimes if we break it in days we don't get hung up on what we think as mistakes. And yay for strawberries they are spendy here like 20 for a half crate. I need to go get some berries. They sound so good!

Started emptying the cabinets. Still not sure why we have to empty all cabinets for countertop demo! Oh well the cabinet people haven't called with a date yet so probably gonna have to do this twice. Good thing I'm getting rid of a bunch of junk! I got in 9000 steps yesterday I'm pretty proud of that!

lemonthyme 05-22-2018 11:57 AM

Jen: because they don’t want all the stuff you store to be damaged and I bet you they won’t clean up inside them if there is sawdust or any refacing ick left in them (at least that’s what the restorers did for us). That way you can’t sue them if they have asked you to remove and something is damaged or missing plus too if a piece of Tupperware was tempting them to go home with them ;) it’s a pain but it forces you to clean out stuff you haven’t used in years. At least it did me as I was putting it all back together.

Diane: have fun at your ball games! I’ll be hauling to one of the kids games
On Monday. Otherwise I plan to do some stuff for me this weekend as DH is hauling the kids w him to go see that Star Wars movie I’m not interested in. Oh and my planting - I still have a ton to do at my house!

Hello all!

Am: so the weight is meh and it is what it is. TOM is shoving off too so maybe I’ll find some happiness in my fat arms (I’m trying to wear sleeveless and it’s not looking good to me even though my arms are some smaller) and get on with it.

I got my moms planted and I’d say looking nice however nothing was blooming yet. So it’s all green and looking nice with potential. :) my own house is not done I still have 3 beds and a garden to finish. It’s to storm the next few days and right now the grass is still wet and I had swamp foot from doing work at my
Moms - ick. Grass was wet then too. So my garden shoes stink ok they are my old tennis shoes but they need a good day in the sun but the sun is hiding!

I’m not sure what I’m thinking to do with diet. Maybe this month I’m here to just converse and cheer you all on! Who knows. I’ll dive on the scale tomorrow and see how bad it is. I’ve had lots of worry in general of late and when I do that I eat as well.

So here goes a new week! May you all find at least one good thing in it!

Slashnl 05-22-2018 02:00 PM

Jenni: There is just something so relaxing for me to watch baseball. I love football as a sport, but for the ultimate spectating experience, it would be baseball. I told my son that the one sport I miss the most from his school days was baseball, especially little league. Love it!! Have a great time emptying cabinets. Ugh! The good thing is that maybe you can consolidate, or get rid of stuff you just don't need.

Lemon: Yeah, sometimes you just take a step back for a while and then come back at it with vigor! I know that for me, starting on Saturday, the next week or so is going to be hit and miss. I will try to stay on track with food, but with going to the games, there will be less than stellar choices made with fast food or ball park food. Planting will help work off some of the calories for you!

As for me, still no weigh in. Just not interested yet. ha! I did go hiking last night, and today is a rest day. I'll go back to spin tomorrow. Looks like rain might be coming in, so I'm probably glad that I went hiking yesterday!!

ubergirl 05-22-2018 03:16 PM

Jen So great that your house is all clean and the new kitchen to look forward to! Sorry about your stall!!! And who knows why we stall sometimes? I never think it makes any sense at all. I was looking back at my weight loss log from 2009 and 2010 and I noticed that it took me forever to get from 230 to 220. I only lost two lbs in a month! And I'm amazed I didn't give up then. I always think that my body has "happy weights" that it's happy to sit at-- usually at that weight I can increase my cals without gaining right away, but it's also really hard to lose. My bet is that for some weird reason your loss will just pick up all of a sudden and you'll drop 5 or 7 lbs really quick. Just keep focusing on how much better off you are now than at your high weight-- because, at least for me, the hardest thing is not just giving up.

Diane Baseball. Fun! Sounds like you are going to have a fun and relaxing time, which you completely deserve!!! And thanks for the hiking pep talk. I'm pretty excited because I can already see progress. I go a little farther down the hill every day, and if I really pace myself and walk slow, I can make it up the hill without the huff-and-puff breaks, and even if I do stop to pant, as you noted, I recover a lot quicker and I never reach that "I can't keep going" point that was getting to when I tried to hike at 280.

Lemon Sending you a virtual hug! I also watched the royal wedding and thought it was so beautiful. As a proud Episcopalian, I especially loved the Rev Micheal Curry! :-) But I wanted you to know that I so get where you are coming from. When you are caught up in the mom years it's easy to get kind of bogged down sometimes and not be able to see where it's all heading, but now that 3 of my 4 are grown, I look back on the years when I was in the thick of it with this mixture of fondness and horror (LOL). I absolutely loved raising my kids and yet, it was just chaos all the time! I was doing my nails the other day and thinking that when the kids were all home I never just sat there watching TV and doing my nails. First, one would have "borrowed" my nail scissors and lost them, then another would have needed something, and a third would have been there bumping into me and wrecking the polish. :-) I wouldn't trade it for the world, but life does get a lot easier as you go along! So for now, hang in there because I think you are amazing with everything you do and thinking about food is just a small part of it and not always the most important part!

Oops! Almost forgot my own update. After sitting at 229 for four days I bounced up to 230 this morning. Otherwise, not much happening in uber-town. 3 more weeks until schools out, so I'm trying to enjoy the peace and quiet!

lemonthyme 05-23-2018 08:46 AM

No anything

Morning gals! I’m dragging and have no interest in what I have to do today - I have to marathon plant while the youngest is at school and hope I can get the bulk of it done. I’m not sure that will happen. My hurry in part is that I have things that need to get in the ground and we are to have extremely hot weather over the weekend and thunderstorms interspersed. I need to plant the garden and finish the beds.

I need 12 of me today!

I’ll wrote more later if my hands still work. I need to get going and get this day tackled. I hope to find some happiness in it all. I’m kind of blasé about it all. Here it goes!

lemonthyme 05-23-2018 11:24 AM

I got another flower bed in 2 hrs 15 mins of slow work for me I do feel like a sloth when I do so! Probably burned no calories ;) I best not fill my face like I feel like right now and have a big water instead first and then decide to eat. I also got the hostas in the ground before the storms and heat. They aren’t where they will be later in the summer but at least they can get their feet settled for now and grow some before their next move.

It’s be so nice if gardening did help w the weight. Will have to wait and see what happens as I go about this. I dream of faniciful gardens but always run out of steam when weeding. Isn’t that how it goes?

Happy day all!

Slashnl 05-23-2018 01:37 PM

Uber: Glad that you are enjoying the hiking. I really do believe that having a climb of some sort, either on mountain paths or concrete sidewalks, does amazing things with your legs. I love my spin classes and I tolerate squats and lunges in my lifting classes, but there is something about climbing that really increases my strength and the tone of my legs. I also have to agree with you about your comments to Lemon, about raising kids. I always felt so rushed and out of control with time, but looking back... we all survived and there were some really amazing times! It is hard to be in the midst of it all, and sometimes it seems like a thankless job, but it really is a great time of life. And... it is also good when you have them raised and can take more time for yourself!!

Lemon: I have to believe that gardening does help with burning calories. It might be that I'm more unorganized than you, but I have a lot of up and down, going back and forth for different things like potting soil and water, etc. I know what you mean, I always envision so much more than what I end up with in the middle of summer. It gets really hot and then it is hard to keep up with watering, weeding, etc. But hey... right now it looks good!! Ha!

As for me, I'm going to be honest. I am not going to get out of control with eating, and I'm still going to do my workouts, but I am slipping into relaxed, baseball mode. I'm not going to stress about weight for the next week and a half. I am so ready for a break from work and everyday chores, that I'm starting in early for the baseball tournament week of fun. :)