3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   11 Regainers regaining control and relosing! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/315327-11-regainers-regaining-control-relosing.html)

lemonthyme 04-06-2018 12:50 PM

11 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

Here is a new thread - all are welcome to jump in if you like on your weight loss journey! We hit 500 on the last one - Lil that makes you like the 5000th post if I read this all correctly! :broc:

Link to the old post here.

Slashnl 04-06-2018 01:04 PM

Lemon: Thank you for starting the new post. I was freaking out a little as I got to the bottom of the last one. I didn't want to have to start a new one, no idea why... :)

The only problem is that I can't go back and respond to everyone. So, no personals for me. For those that said I should get new batteries for my scale, I think I will change them. I changed them not so long ago, but maybe those weren't fresh batteries. Oh well!

Actually, today had another good weigh in, down a little bit. That helps for me to see that! I ended up going to Body Pump after work. It was pretty hard, and I do think it is harder later in the day. But I'm glad I went. This morning I went to spin. I felt a little stiff, so I think the spin helped loosen me up a little bit. Spin tomorrow, and then I was hoping for a hike on Sunday, but it is looking like it might rain. If not, we'll go.

Have a good weekend everyone!

lemonthyme 04-06-2018 01:10 PM

Have you ever found went you went to change your laundry 45 minutes later and put the dried clothes in a basket to grab the wet ones and discover YOU NEVER WASHED THEM?!

That's my day today.

I should have stayed in bed.

My eating is for the birds - I am stressing over nonsense I am sure and eating my remaining butt of the offending dark chocolate easter bunny. But if I get rid of it today it won't bother me this weekend. DH wants to stop at a microbrew this weekend and partake in some festivity - I'd say sure but there go my calories again. I know - I know - I am the one that says live life as you do this journey. But at the same time I am tired of the 220s as much as I was tired of the 30s.

Lil: You crack me up! Yep - this lady is itching for the snow to go COMPLETELY away. However, though it's melting on the southside of my house (thanks for sending the sun up!) it's to snow this weekend another 6" - frankly the Canadians may keep their snow!:dizzy: Are you and DH going to Johnnys? If so - the garlic sauce on the steak is heavenly (or was it in my mashed potatoes?) - I am just saying. I only have been once - but dang it was good and worth all the calories in the world. Happy anniversary to you two! Enjoy your togetherness - even the train to wine country sounds fun. I did something similar for one of ours - but no train - just local.

Jen: I make lists all the time - I am not sure the want and can get there will work for my own. maybe if I sit to really do it and think it through it will make sense to me. I tend like to list goals - but of late most of my goals for monetary gain; less winning the lottery, would involve me rejoining the work force. And I am not sure I want to do that just yet. The family size we had hoped for never materialized and I still do a good deal of running with mine as it is - and then I remember not enjoying life/anything when I was working from home, running the house as usual - ie laundry started right before my work day did and I'd change loads as a 5 min break or meal prep in those times, nurse the kid, change the kid, play with the kid, put the kid to nap, meet deadlines etc. I remember being stressed to the moon and back trying to figure it all out (DH is of the old school in some respect when it comes to chores "I work all day and I've done my part" - yes he'll help w/prodding or a boot in the butt) and so it always felt I was always on, weekends, evenings, bathroom breaks. I know lots of women make it work - in my head it still doesn't for myself. Is that greedy of me? I don't know.

I will keep quiet on that right now.

Hope your DHs family is not driving you too bonkers!

Hello all!

AM:
So I read on yucca root - supposedly IT must be peeled as the skin contains cyanide. Really? We eat this stuff? Evidently as I also read it's used to make tapioca pearls. I do like a good tapioca pudding, warm, right off the stove - but I digress imagine the 9 zillion calories I have just conjured up!

The day is not progressing in any really great manner. I started the new thread less the powers at be take off my posting hands and say NO! In the soup****'s voice of course. And I needed a place to vent whatever it is in my mind currently. I am sick of snow, bills and general cold. I have not won said lottery - and why is it a coastie is always a winner and very few and far between the middle states? Just sayin - makes me suspicious as only a conspiracy theorist would be on a day like today. :D

So I am trying to find a bit of humor as I go along - it's not working super well. I have 1/4 of my littles dump, I mean bedroom, cleaned. Good lordy - kids should have automatic put away tendancies built into them at birth. This kid is all about dragging crap from basement to top floor and leaving it all about - did I mention legos? Don't even get me started. And I have to help one of the others tomorrow with their room.

Will spring really and OFFICIALLY come forward?

I need to get outside - seriously bad.

Happy afternoon all - I am off to go roll my eyes and then eat more rabbit butt.

lemonthyme 04-06-2018 01:45 PM

Can I just ask who are the 10,339 people viewing the last thread? That always gets me, like when you post a NSV thread or a question and get like no answers and then you see about 50+ people have viewed it. These things I don’t understand. ;) but then maybe it’s people thinking they’d like to join in - if so to quote NIKE - JUST DO IT! ok, now I show my age. But seriously where do these numbers come from?

I’m avoiding cleaning but good. Yuck. Legos - triple yuck.

I’m off to make cookies - my youngest is asking and I’m an obliging mama when cookies are of concern.

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I’ll live vicariously through you all. I have to lay low moneywise this weekend when all I want to do is spend. Hah - maybe some day.

I should also just do broth all weekend long. Maybe I’ll go make a veg soup for tonight. Im off to think while making cookies.

toastedsmoke 04-06-2018 01:57 PM

Hi guys!!! Yayyyy new thread!!! So I weighed in today at 188.5 which is 1.5 down from Wednesday's 190 but 2.5 up from last Wednesday 186 but it's okay. Today is my older brother's birthday and only upsides will be regarded. So far today I've eaten a bagel and 2 mini scotch eggs. It's 6.35pm right now and I'm saving myself for birthday dinner. I have not and will not be counting calories today but back at it again tomorrow. I only have one brother/sibling and he only has one birthday a year, I let myself get hype, probably more so than he does. I want to check in and then leave so I get to his birthday dinner on time.

Lemon: Re: fruit, I get the kind of fruit allergies that are more digestive discomfort-based like cramping, bloating, burning. It's not a huge loss as I'm not a huge fan of fruit anyway. I love hearing about your grocery hauls. In addition to "what I eat in a day videos," I also quite like grocery store hauls and more embarrassingly, those impossibly perfect fridge-fies (you know like fridge selfies, if a self-satisfied perfectly organized and clean fridge could take it's own selfie... you know the kind filled with mason jars and gleaming glass storage, veggies in the pink of freshness, small batch brand yoghurt etc). My fridge has never and will never look like those but I like knowing what people have in their fridges. I LOVE the skin of fried (or any) chicken. It's 100% THE BEST part. When I see people peel it off, I have sad tears. It's like when people scrape off the buttercream icing from cake. Yucca is a staple where I'm from except we call it cassava. We usually peel it and ferment it to get rid of the cyanide, and then you can boil, fry, grill, roast, mash, dry and mill into a flour etc etc. I'm sending you lots of hugs and hoping your day brightens, the weather warmens (? lol), and that joy invades your heart and lifts your spirits.

Sakai: Your meals sound LIT! I love cauliflower and could do some damage to some cauliflowe mash especially sitting on top of shepherd's pie sauce. When I was reading about the lumps on your husband's back, I thought "lipoma" immediately as well. How weird that the docs can't ID it and seem so unbothered- I'd be anxious too. I need to do better with working out as well. I'm good till I fall off track for one day, then it's hard to get back on track.

Diane: I used to love Quest bars but then started getting digestive woes from tem. My favourite was the Smores one. What's yours? My meals are organized because I think about food ALL the time, literally ALWAYS thinking (and looking forward to) my next meal even when eating my current one. Most of my social media is consumed with food influencers, so it's a thing for me. Yay good weigh ins! A new decade is right around the corner for you.

Jenni: I think we have a similar body type as well because those are my sizes around those weights on average as well. What protein shake are you currently liking? I used to drink the whey ones- I tried Quest, Solgar, Optimum Nutrition (my absolute least favourite in taste), Bluebonnet Nutrition, Biotrust, Isopure Zero Carb (probably the best tasting) and then once I couldn't stomach whey anymore, I tried Nuzest. Now I just try to remember to put some collagen peptides in my tea and mashed potatoes and call it a day. What are your favourite shakes? What's your flax flatbread recipe? You should TOTALLY apply for the jobs you want. Life IS too short.

Lilion: All the variety in fruit is wasted on me. I don't really like fruit or juices or smoothies that much and rarely eat them. Eeek the craptastic weather with hot and cold. Farmers and gardeners here only have to worry about rain before planting season, not temperatures. (It's planting season right now technically- farmers in some parts of the country are waiting for the first rains). Happy Anniversary!!!! I hope you have the best meal and the best time together this weekend celebrating. Wishing you many more years.

Okay guys. I have to run. I'm officially late and my dad has called to know if I'm on my way. (I'm not. If anything, I have to save stuff I'm working on so that I can work on it at home this weekend). Wishing you all a fab weekend. I'll try to come on tomorrow to post my meals to force myself back on track.

lemonthyme 04-06-2018 03:21 PM

Toasted: have fun celebrating! I had a laugh you totally described me w frosting and chicken skin. Yep I’m a peeler and a scraper. A very little bit goes a very long way for me. Like as in a teeny tiny taste. Enjoy your beautiful celebration of food and company!

Diane: glad I put it out there sorry you couldn’t access well. Yeah for body pump and ugh for stupid scales. I have found unless I have good batteries as in Duracell or rayovac, the cheapie ones give me the scale wonks! Check too if your floor is uneven w the scale moving. That’s my issue as my house is an old gal over 100 and she has limited totally level surfaces. And before - I asked if you grew up on a farm? Do you Currently have a farmette or farm?

Lil: are you wearing something stylin for your date night? Heck girl - splurge on something that makes you smile! I don’t care that you are a work in progress celebrate! - then get a scarf or necklace to show off what you have lost! Just saying something new always helps the spirit.

Jen: your post earlier is causing me to stop and think a bit more. I’ll have to give you my thoughts w a clearer head. So if you are thinking of a job switch, what file may you segue to if I can ask? How are your girls doing?

Hello all!

I gave up being good today - my cookies are good. I’m looking online for sewing ideas and saying bah to bedroom cleaning and will do that after bit. I did dishes after the baking and my laundry is going. My house is still a mess as is my noggin. I’ve started a half dozen projects and haven’t finished any it seems. Oh it’s a fabulous day in my world.

I still plan to make a soup much to my family’s chagrine - my dd tends to wonder why I make so many. I like them! And they are usually diet friendly. And they warm a belly but good.

Ok, before avoiding any more to my day (can you tell I need to converse today?) I best get busy.

lemonthyme 04-07-2018 08:39 AM

No w/I water or walk

I’m doing splendid. Not really. I ended up eating too many of the cookies. I just had a hard day in spirit yesterday. I don’t really know why it hit me as it did. I know why part of it is there - family and all. I have loads of siblings and right now not one of them is talking to me. I have a few that can be really katty and sway the others in thoughts to think the same thing (their assumed beliefs on me and what I do without having spoken with me - just what they have managed to cobble together from talking to my mom). Anyway, as I age I find I don’t have time for this nonsense. I have tried to keep a line of communication open but never hear anything back so I’m to the point of saying why bother.

And that in a nutshell is part of my necessity to eat and wallow yesterday.

Today I didn’t bother to hop on the scale. It’s a Saturday and I’m tired and cranky and why add to a mood that may or may not come.

So I will see how today goes and try my best as it goes along. I will try the same tomorrow and maybe it will warm up and DH and I can get out and walk a bit. But it’s suppose to storm again as in snow. Blck.

And before I give up my grumbles - there are two trains down the street that have been idling since 630 last night. I don’t know if any of you have been privy to idling trains but they are low and thuddy and almost have a constant bass type repetive noise. To the point it drives me bonkers.

I’d say I’d love to go back to bed and wake up to all sunshine and roses in thoughts. It’s not. I’m sure I’m back to 225 and today my outlook on diet is I want to toss it right on out the window. Someplace in there I’ll try to persevere and refocus but for today and the moment I’m thumbing my nose at it.

I hope everyone else is in great spirits!

Toasted: how was birthday celebration? I hope you had a blast cake and all!

Diane: enjoy that hike and your cycle and being with your family!

Uber: you should be heading home soon - welcome back!

Sakai: has your man had his surgery? I hope it’s smooth sailing and no worries!

Laurie: I hope your world has settled and a clearer picture has emerged!

Jen: hope you and DH will have a lived filled weekend with the kiddos. Go kite flying! I want to but there is 8” of snow to contend with and flying kites in boots sucks.

Lil: happy anniversary! Enjoy your day of celebration!

The farm gal (hey! I mean well - I’m just not looking back up the old thread currently as I’m on my phone I apologize!): how are your grand babes and working their activity into your own?

Hello all! I know I’m missing people and I don’t mean too!

Ok I’m trying to find happy! Enjoy your weekends! Debby downer is signing out for the moment! Love your families today!

Sakai 04-07-2018 12:19 PM

Woot! Fresh thread!

Lemon- Not yet, he get's the surgery on the 1st of May. It's hard to keep up with diets when you're frustrated or otherwise in emotional stress or turmoil. I know under the slightest pressure I just want to fall into my comfort food. This too will blow over, Taking a day to vent is healthy ever so often. You'll be right back on track in no time!

Toasted - Partay! hope you had a great time!

Slashnl-Were you able to go? Or did the rain hit?

Yesterday was a weird day for me. I met up with some friends after work at Denny's. I hadn't seen these good friends in over a year, but I didn't want to derail my progress now that it was picking back up again. So ahead of time, I went online and searched their menu for something on the lower end of the carb scale. I figured I would get their chicken strips. 81g carbs. @.@ It's chicken! How much breading has to be on something to give it 81 carbs!?
But I found the Avocado chicken salad. only 28 net carbs. Which put me over my carb limit by 10g but I was still under calorie. And the scale still moved down this morning.
We ended up sitting there and catching up for three and a half hours. It was so much fun. I hope we make this more of a habit instead of a once a year thing.
Today the goal is to go for a walk. my Fitbit always reads low steps on Saturday. It's normally my one lazy day of the week. My goal is at least 5k steps on my lazy day, instead of my normal 1k.

Slashnl 04-07-2018 05:00 PM

Lemon: Yeah, I'm with you on wishing for a new decade. So tired of the 250's. I don't know if I'll be able to make it out this week, but it would be nice!!! As for your question on the farm world, no I didn't grow up on a farm or in the country. I was definitely a city girl. We would go to the mountains for the day, we did fishing - but in a boat, camping was always in a cabin. My husband is the one who was country/cowboy. I learned it all from him! We live on about 5 acres, so not an active farm. More of a hobby farm. Hope your weekend is going better now!!

Toasted: Quest bars are certainly not the best in flavor but they're good enough that I can live with it. I just like the protein they provide. My favorites are White Chocolate Raspberry and this new one is something like "Birthday Cake". It is kind of sweet, but I like the texture. Anyway, I hope you have a great time at your brother's birthday!!

Sakai: It looks like the rain might stay away, so it looks like my daughter and I can go tomorrow. We're going to have pedicures after the hike!! Should be fun. Sounds like you had a great time yesterday! That's great that you could get together with friends. Always nice to catch up!

As for me, I was able to go to spin this morning and then did some upper body lifting. It was a really good workout. I got my grocery shopping done and laundry started. I am heading out soon to pull some weeds. Our irrigation water is coming in, so we'll be able to water soon. I'll have some green grass soon, I think! I need to get ready for it.

Hoping for a hike tomorrow. I would love to see a drop in weight on Monday. I did replace the batteries on my scale, too. We'll see if there is any difference.

ubergirl 04-07-2018 08:03 PM

Hey everybody! I'm back from my trip to Paris!!!!

I've got a lot of thread reading/catching up to do, so I'll skip personals for now, but just popping in to say I had a fabulous time on the trip! Must have walked a million miles, and the biggie was that I walked UP THE STAIRS to the Eiffel Tower with my son! I was really really proud of myself because I wasn't sure I was fit enough to do it, and then I did. True, I did have to stop and rest on almost every landing once I was about ten floors from the top, but I am 100% sure that I couldn't have done it at 297 or 280! So woot!

Lots of good eating while I was away, and hopped on the scale to see 243 this morning, so down another 3 lbs since I left, and I always retain fluid on long flights, so I'm guessing that I'm going to lose another pound or two in the next couple of days!

Just in general, I really felt relieved to be traveling at this lower weight, the last couple years have been awful for me-- bringing along a seat belt extender and just never feeling I fit anywhere. So this time was MUCH easier all the way around. Still I've got a ways to go!!! But I'm feeling good!

Hope ya'll had fund while I was gone and I'll be back with some personals soon!

lemonthyme 04-07-2018 08:49 PM

So I went to the local to me kohl (still an hour away) and checked their clearance bras and low and behold - found 2 in my behemoth size each for $4 a piece, regularly $40. So, I grabbed them! Then I went and bought a lottery because this morning I had thrown out to the world it would be nice to find 2 bras and that should keep me filled until I shrink some more. Hah! Wouldn't that be fun. Good things come in threes - oh wait - thats things in threes for people dying - well I will take the three good things!

And then - I have to share this because it's still stuck in my head and I seriously need it out. The town I go shop at is a college town - not a huge one - but still a college town - so it's normal to see a lot of young 20s when out. Well here was one girl, maybe a size 22 all dolled up w/their boyfriend in tow. She had on a a-line mini dress. Fine - good age for etc. Except today the wind was strong and when you wear a looser skirt, you need to be mindful of wind and kind of keep a hand tugging down as you run into the store. However, this gal must not be in the know - and sadly - said girl fell victim to the wind as she was only in a thong underneath and it was a show, not once but twice. I felt bad for her because behind her were a couple of young guys. Oh lordy - the pitfalls of trying to look nice and having the wind cause a gust.

Ok - weight - totally stinks! I feel totally bloated and nothing truly fit me at the goodwill that I liked today but one shirt on clearance but it tends to smell a bit funky - but a good soak in oxi should clean that on up.

sakai: Its good to visit w/people and at least denny's let you sit there that long. I have been places like that only to have the waitstaff keep coming by to give you the hairy eyeball. I am glad you had a good visit! I miss having friends close by to do things with.

diane: Heck - I enjoy those country boys. My DH is originally from Chicago - and came to this area when he was a teen. So he is a quasi type - but tends to be more city than I am. Hah!

uber: good for you on weight loss and plane success! Can't wait to hear your stories and YEAH for sprinting up those stairs at the tower. That is such a NSV you can shout that from the top! And who all went on this trip?

Hello all!

AM:
well you saw above. It was an ok day, i ended it with a big salad but it's the stuff in-between that will probably trip me up. Oh well, I will work on such next week. I am invited to dinner with my ILS tomorrow and that can sometimes be a challenge as they like creamy sauces and oversauced veg. but it's one less meal I have to plan or make.

My plants are doing ok - and I am still seriously itching to play in the dirt. I almost killed 8 baby plants - evidently they either got too dry or cold. I lean toward dry - as I watered the heck out of them this am and tonight they were standing back up. Thank goodness. to do this work and have them die of lack of water - shameful on my end.

My goals for next week - water, walk and sewing. Diet - well yeah, that too. I hope the stress part dissipates and I can get on w/a good and clean fast and eating window and leave the sugar alone. good golly - that is always a big trip me up.

Snow is still here, more tomorrow and Monday. Who sent me this and can I return to sender? Anyone else interested in it? I'd also love to turn my heat off but when the low at night is 7°, that's out of the question.:D

Happy evening all - I am glad you posted today - I tend to do better (a bit) when I can pop on over here and say hello and hold myself accountable for something, even if it is saying bah humbug to weighing myself!

:broc: :broc: :broc:

lemonthyme 04-08-2018 06:08 AM

No anything I’m on a weekend hiatus to get my mind back into it next week.

I figured that was best. Just do what I think is right or ok and well Monday comes soon enough.

You know when you wake and everything hurts and finally getting into an upright position it feels like every joint and piece of cartlige just laughs at you? Yep that’s me this morning ;) came too early early because if I rolled over again I think I was going to cry. So now I sit here with my cuppajoe with standards on the tv music selection. I had a small piece of new to me coffeecake and have been perusing other people’s sewing ideas. I just ordered some notions via amazon. I could get 50 yards for $13.99 total vs paying local big chain sewing store $6.99 a YARD! I need 4 yards. And yes I’ll be able to use it for other projects as I go along, it may take a while but in the end that’d be what? 12.5 dresses or skirts I can make.

I have my dress and kimono jacket to do this week and a dress for my girl. I haven’t measured recently but I do hope maybe I will be fitting within the pattern confines vs adding to and making loads of adjustments.

So I hope Sunday finds you all in good places. I look forward to your posts! Keeps me feeling like I’m part of something and like we meet up for coffee and go on our day.

Best wishes all for melting fat!

lemonthyme 04-09-2018 07:09 AM

I’m not weighing in today as it’s bill paying day that’s enough grumbling.

Morning all!

I’m awake and moving but not fast nor super well. I’m going to try and get that walk in today and start anew. I think in some respect I’m not 100%gung ho for the old heave ho. I think I’m in that I’m not trying super well and remain focused to diet. But I will try not to derail that badly because I like feeling better and looking a tad trimmer but I’d sure be happy if it was just easier for me to lose weight.

I think I’m finally feeling more even keel with the new prescription of dosing for the synthroid. That’s always a bit of a bump to get over. But I’m no longer feeling the jitters or the super not sleeping problems I was having.

All a work in progress.

Happy start to your weeks all! I’ll pop over later and try to catch your hellos.

Adding: it’s now mid morning and I’ve about an hour before my fasting is done. Im trying to pay bills and balance checkbook and haven’t gottne the walk in. I’m thinking I’m going to need to wake early and do that before everyone is awake as I find my day fills too much. And there is always tomorrow but if I want out of this decade I’m going to have to make it a today type priority.

Lilion 04-09-2018 11:11 AM

Morning all and Happy Monday. :carrot:

Not really, I’m exhausted. :tired: I just did not sleep well this whole weekend. I bought new pillows Saturday and I think it just doesn’t suit me. I wake up on and off all night uncomfortable. It was a weird weekend. Stayed up too late Friday. Saturday we got up late and really just kind of sat around having breakfast and coffee until Hubby went to work. He’d volunteered for a 3 – 11 p.m. shift so I was home alone. I should have done something productive, but went shopping for food and such; not for anything fun. Ran into an old friend and chatted for about 20 minutes in Walmart, which was nice. By the time I got home it was 6:30 and I had to do dishes and take care of the animals, etc. Did I mention that I bought a food dehydrator? I got trays of apples and bananas on to dry (my first ever!) and then Hubs came home and for some Godawful reason we stayed up until almost 2 a.m., I then got up at 6 to check the dehydrator! Went back to bed, but still!

Sunday, anniversary day, we slept very late – like 10:30, had a fattening breakfast – I got bacon and eggs for the anniversary breakfast for Hubs and really, we didn’t do much else all day. At about 5 we went to a wonderful but really expensive restaurant for dinner. Really, expensive, like I ordered one of the cheaper dishes, and mine was $30 – Hubby’s was closer to $50. We NEVER eat at places like that; we’re more like $30 is the bill for both of us. With two glasses of wine and two entrees, no apps or desserts, we dropped well over $100.00 on one meal! But it was FANSTASTIC. The food was amazing. The service was exemplary. As best I could tell, servers have only 3 tables each that they cover. I have heard this place requires all their wait staff to start out in back of the house in the kitchen and literally have to work their way up to bus boy and then server. I mean, it takes like 2-3 years to become a waiter there! But when you figure a small tip at this place is going to run $20 per table, they make really, really good money in the end and they deserve it. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been to such a nice place with such a good staff. Yet, it’s considered a steakhouse! There were people in dresses and suits and people in jeans. So…even though the ever-so-frugal (cheap) side of me rebelled at the prices :eek: – I think we’ll go back. Maybe next anniversary. I don’t think my cheapskate heart can take more than once a year. :D

So…then we went to Perkin’s and had pie. :rofl: We were too full for dessert at the nice place, but the ½ hour drive made us want some pie. Then we went home, did laundry, watched The Walking Dead, and made venison Jerky. Yeah…everything after the swanky dinner was more “us”. :lol:

Long fattening weekend over – too soon – so now we’re back to the real world.

I’m SO sorry I’m not going to do personals, except one:

Lemon – It occurred to me the other day, with all the sewing you do have you ever considered making your own bras? I’ve considered modifying mine…taking them in as my boobage shrinks…but I don’t have the skill or experience sewing knits and stretch fabrics. Most of what I do is the medieval costuming and those are all sturdy woven fabrics. But you sound like a person who could do swimwear and such and lingerie is just one step from that. Just a thought.

For everyone else, sorry I’m just giving you a Big old :wave: and spreading out some :dust: on you! I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for the week ahead!

lemonthyme 04-09-2018 12:37 PM

Lil: sounds like you’ve had a marvelous weekend. I’m glad dinner out was so nice! You need those every so often no matter how concious you are about money that’s what makes them nice treats :). As for sewing my own bra. I looked at patterns and the such. Yeah knits aren’t an issue for me but fitting my broad shoulders and back have always been. And by the time I’ve accrued all the pieces and fabric the bra cost has gone up quite a bit. I am also lousy at wanting to sew slowly (there’s that patience thing once again) and channel wires and make sure that they look commercially made vs what I’m sure will happen as I rush about. Argh!

Hello all!

Am: fast completed no issues. And in fact after my breakfast I had a butterscotch candy and found it way too sweet! Oh how the taste buds roam.

I didn’t get my walk in yet. I’m plowing through the houses bills and bookkeeping (I tend not to keep track on paper in a timely manner and that can catch up to you thinking you have less/more so a good balancing is due. Especially when DH goes shopping on his lunch hour and forgets to give you the receipts. Plus I’ve got to save for that upcoming trip late summer. Oh see - this is where winning the lotto would be lovely! Trips and extras and helping others out as we can. However I’ve not won more then $4 in the last number of years. Oh well - one can hope right?!

Happy afternoon all. May you find good in your day. I just read it’s suppose to be high 60s here middle of the week (and then go back to freezing)!

Slashnl 04-09-2018 01:15 PM

Uber: Welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, that's great! It is so great to be able to do things in life without the weight/lack of fitness holding you back. I'm sure that you were much more able to enjoy the sights without the weight worry holding you back. Congrats!!

Lemon: Sounds like you'll have lots and lots of fabric to play with and make wonderful things!! How nice! I hear you on wanting to move forward with planting stuff. It is just a little early here, but I am looking forward to having more green around and less brown.

Lilion: Hopefully you can get caught up on your rest soon. It isn't fun to be so tired. Let us know how the dehydrator works. I'm sure it will be great for some dried fruit! Love that stuff. Glad you could enjoy the restaurant. It is hard to spend that kind of money, but when you do, you should just enjoy every bit of it. Once a year would be a nice treat!!

As for me... well... the scale was not great this morning. I went up some from last week. I wasn't stellar with food choices this weekend, and I think it definitely cost me. I started in on the popcorn and proceeded to make other not so good choices. But, it wasn't too bad, so I'll just need to do a little better this week.

I thought we were going to escape the rain, but it came and caused quite a few puddles. So, hiking was out. Unfortunately, sometimes when I don't get a workout in, I also don't make great food choices. I don't know why those two things go hand in hand for me, but they do. I went to Spin this morning, so back on track with workouts. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I might go on a little hike after work. I think it is staying light enough to get a quick one in.

ubergirl 04-09-2018 03:44 PM

Hey everybody!

Lemon I'm glad to hear that you are more adjusted with your synthroid! Good luck on the sewing and I hope that the patterns fit. A dress and kimono sounds so cute!

But sewing a bra! I'm truly amazed at how skilled you are! I'm that typical person who doesn't know how to do much of anything-- I love how clever the folks on this thread are!

Lil Your anniversary dinner sounds so fun!!! I know what you mean about the fun but kind of sticker shock of eating at a really expensive place! I tend to like to go a bit more low scale, and when I do end up in a fancy restaurant I get kind of panicky, LOL. But when it's a true special occasion it is special and memorable and we should allow ourselves to enjoy it!

Diane Your weekend activities all sounded very productive! Hope you saw the scale drop you were looking for. I feel for you sitting at 251. That's a "set point" weight for me and I always feel like I can sit there forever! But you are going to be so psyched to get under 250. It's a big psychological barrier-- something about being on the south side of 250 is very motivating!

Toasted I hope you have a super fun bday with your brother! You are right to only think about good things on happy days. Hope your day is going well today.

Sakai It really is fun to sit and catch up with old friends and it is frustrating how people get so caught up in their lives and so it is harder to do than it seems. I hope you do get to see your friends more often.

So, for me! I finally reached the point where I realized that all my clothes are just getting too big. Went to the store "just to look around" and then couldn't resist buying. FROM my previous experience with a large weight loss I know that it is dumb to spend money on clothes that will be too big before I know it, but it's hard to walk around in clothes that are just too big! Right now, I've been wearing 22s and one pair of 20s that I found that were old and worn out, but the two new pairs? One size 14P and one size 16 regular! Made me feel pretty darn fantastic!!!! The way I'm built, I'm all stomach and waist, so my legs just swim in the larger sizes, which makes me look dumpy. Was pretty darn amazing to pull jeans from the non-plus side (even though with sizing being so weird, I'm sure a 16 reg could be labeled as a plus size) I CAN"T wait to shop in the normal sizes. Plus sizes cost twice as much!!!

I started thinking about it and I realize that I'm probably about halfway to goal. Back when I lost 110 lbs, when I got to about 190, I just really couldn't go any lower. I ended up maintaining around that weight. I looked healthy, I was fit, and my body fat percentage was normal, even though I was still in the "overweight" range for BMI. So, at 242, I'm about 50 below my high weight and about 50 above a good maintenance weight-- in other words, halfway there! But, it's funny because I just can't imagine being much smaller than I am now. In comparison to how I was, I already feel "tiny" LOL. In short, logically, I know that if I lose another 50 lbs (I hope) the clothes I just bought will be way too big, but psychologically, I just can't even imagine not wearing plus sizes. I have no concept of myself at a normal size.

jenjenangel027 04-09-2018 09:14 PM

Sorry all I have had a not so great day. I was up all night with either a bug or my IBS is flaring. I will do personals tomorrow!

Sakai 04-09-2018 11:04 PM

Lemon- I wish I knew how to sew. I did a little bit when I was younger. But anything other than a skirt or some shorts is beyond me. I always wanted to make my own costumes and quilts. Maybe someday.

Lilion- sounds like a great weekend! It's nice to splurge ever so often.

As for me. I think I overdid the sodium yesterday as I gained 3 pounds while sleeping. It's a bit difficult to find the balance. Low carb tends to strip out your electrolytes so I try and replace them but I guess I must have gone overboard yesterday.
NSV- I went down a notch on my belt. That's three notches since I bought it 6 weeks ago.

lemonthyme 04-10-2018 09:22 AM

99 oz water
No walk

Diane: we must totally have the same scales! Maybe it’s a worm in digital scales to fool w our brains ;) seriously - I hear how frustrating it is to be on the cusp and no movement. I sure hope today you see 249. YOU CAN DO IT!

Sakai: yep I sew, a lot. Well as I can afford time and fabric. I have the two items to get done in two weeks and I have some other fabrics I could add to work on. If sewing interests you see if your local fabric store has someone that can teach you. I quilt as well but of late havent had a lot of time to devote to such.

Jen: man - what’s up with feeling horrid?! I’m sure it’s stress and I hope it leaves you quickly. Hope DHs healing is going well. How is the family holding up?

Uber: you sound like me with clothing sizes. Jen and I were discussing as we are similar height weight and she can fit into 14s and I’m in snug 16s. And never in my adult life have I’ve been smaller than a 11/12 and then I weighed 135. I guess I don’t have much to look forward to for size excitement. Enjoy your shopping trips! Are you actually getting rid of your large clothes so it’s not something for you to turn back to? I’ve started my pile for goodwill.

Toasted: you vanished again! Hope all is well.

Laurie: how are you doing?

Lil: how’d the fruit turn out? You just need to be careful with what you eat because it’s real simple to grab a handful but in the end it’s really 2 apples. I tend to leave my apples softer. My MIL likes rough chips and she leaves the peels on. We all have different styles. The leather works well for using up freezer items before the new gets picked.

Hello all!

AM: dangnabbit. I’m in a lot of pain. THe shoulder is back horribly and I’m putting off having to go to the doctor because I know she’ll offer PT and I can work on some things at home without that cost. But sleeping at night is horrible.

Weight - yeah a good number and I’m getting closer to middle of the week and we all know what weekends do to me. :broc: so I’ll channel my inner dancing broccoli and see if I can get out of this decade. For Pete’s sake I have to do this! I’d be perfectly happy to just see 218. However I’m unsure what to do to just skip all those numbers in between.

Well happy day all. Let melt together.

Lilion 04-10-2018 10:23 AM

Hey all. I'm afraid I'm not really in a mood for chit chat. Long story but I'm tired and angry and hurt by a friend I've had for 50 years and...well, not going to talk about it or I'll get teary. I weighed this morning; was one pound down since the last WI. Not planning on actually changing any stats until the 14th or so. Twice a month is plenty. The apples and bananas on the dehydrator turned out lovely. Yesterday we made venison jerky. It's not bad. We used a packaged mix, so it wasn't as good as it might be, but not bad at all. It's a learning curve. I think I might buy some mangos and more "exotic" fruit and see how that does. I have some open veggies in the freezer that are starting to be too old and I may thaw and dry them. After all, if I don't they'll go to waste. I have blackberries and mulberries from two years ago in the freezer that I should do something with before they're completely ruined. They last a lot longer than you think...but they eventually have to be tossed and I'm about there. Maybe I'll try the fruit leather?

I'm rambling. I need to work so I'm getting to it now. :wave:

jenjenangel027 04-10-2018 10:32 AM

Lemon: My husband is doing okay. He is still having chest pains, but they are saying it is normal with the healing of his heart. Sure hard for him to distinguish the heart attack from the healing. The kids are doing great. We really just told them daddy had an owie on his heart. My mom had them for awhile and kept them busy. I think I am just tired from doing more than I would be. He has two more sisters coming tomorrow night, I am just not in the right mindset for company. Maybe all this stomach stuff is stress. I didn't really think of that! Great job on the scale btw. I am still in the 16s they are just loose. I haven't had enough courage to try on my 14s yet. I am still holding strong at 228-229 and hoping this isn't a stall.

Lil: Your anniversary dinner sounded amazing!!! Sounds like you guys had fun. It reminds me that we all need to go have fun with our spouses every once in awhile. We kind of put that away because we have 3 girls but I am thinking now is the time to start having date nights again. Thank you for inspiring me to do that through your anniversary!!!

Uber: Yay, so glad you are back. I am so glad you had fun! What was the best thing you did on your trip? Where was the best food that you ate? And yay for the whoosh in the weight, you are doing amazeballs!!! I am so excited to hear more about your trip!

Diane: You are doing great. I know how hard stalls can be and how hard it is on us emotionally. You got this. Think about how far you have come and what you are doing, that always inspires me. Do you measure? I tend to measure when I am not going anywhere in weight. I have been at 228-229 for the past 2 weeks now. You inspire me too, I think about all you do with working out! You got this! Someone told me to change things up. I don't work out that much so they told me to work out for a couple days. I don't know if that helps any but maybe an idea for the stall anyway. I haven't researched it much yet.

Sakai: I hope that your sodium bloat is gone by now. I eat on the lower carb side and I tend to retain water on Monday-Tuesday and I have no idea why. Weird how our bodies are sometimes.

Not much to report, still feeling pretty blah! I hope you all have a great day.

lemonthyme 04-10-2018 11:22 AM

Lil: :hug: :hug: I know too well when people hurt you like that - currently my own sibs - it sucks and it’s just not needed. I hope your day gets better! And it sounds like you have the dehydrator bug! Let me know how and what veg you try. I haven’t done that at all. I don’t even know what would be good to try besides shrooms and onions. I think my mom did celery once but it got so thin it stuck to the trays. I think she was concerned how the strings would do. I seem to think you will need extra time w the tropical fruits due to their fructose levels. Do you have to dredge w fruit fresh or lemon juice?

Jen: I guess I misread ;) heck just say your in 14s! It will make your day. I’ll challenge you if your comfortable - I’ll measure my main 3 bust/waist/hips and see where you and I sit. I know sizing is so muckety muck - when I was 135 it was in the early 90s. So who knows what I’d be today. But sewing pattern wise it’s always larger too. I’d think it’s delayed stress. Once you are starting to fall back into routine your body finally rebels all the things it held back during the stress so you got things done. And then you kind of crumble health wise until everything settles! Treat yourself kindly. You are lucky w the weight not creeping up.

Am: I broke my fast 40 mins early as I needed to eat as I’m taking the pain meds and Advil or aleve on an empty totally stinks. So I had my normal breakfast and a tomato - what a sunshiny plate! Greens yellow reds. Beautiful how nature colors the world. But I still want sweet breads (no! I will not bake!) and I’d love a vanilla coffee cream in great quantities and I’d love a big sloppy juicy burger right now. I had a big salad last night with shredded chicken. That was good too but at some moments you just think of the heavy and it takes over your thoughts.

I dreamt of three orioles flying around me in the limited sleep I had. I wonder what that means. I’ll have to look. Maybe it means I need to get my feeders ready for their arrival.

Checked my winter sown jugs and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. No termination no nothing. I threw more crusty snow in each to keep moist and hope w tomorrow’s 60s they’ll start to wake up. Even if it snows the 6” on Sunday. Maybe it will
Miss us again. Who knows.

Ok I’m off to keep melting and be mindful of the sugar I want to bury my nose in right now.

Added for Jen: 44/38/48 this is the first time in a long time I’m finally in the 30s for a waist in eons! I’m broad shoulder, heavier upper arms (thanks grandma!) long torso, carry my weight normally in the booty area (belly too since kids) and described as a pear usually and I guess larger boned but my wrist does measure 6.5. I think my German and east European background is showing not my Irish side. Tops right now 1x tall gives me room in knits I won’t go there w wovens an xxl? My jeans are Eddie Bauer 16 misses no Lycra they are 10 years old and before everyone dumped Lycra in the fibers for jeans. I still am schlepping in my xxl yoga pants but my XXL pj bottoms I swim in. That said I keep telling myself even if 12 is it size wise - it’s normal and smaller and requires less fabric then the plus and things go back down in cost. Always another plus.

Alright I’ll look later. This ice is cold.

Slashnl 04-10-2018 01:24 PM

Uber: Congrats on the milestone! Halfway is great! It sounds like you had a good time with clothes shopping, so that's good. You'll be getting to new lows and new sizes before you know it.

Jenni: Boy, I would bet the added stress has done a number on you. I would hate all the extra company, so I feel for you there. I don't mind having people visit occasionally, but I would hate having a lot of people, especially right after all of the stress you've been going through lately. Hopefully, these are people that can help you out some!

Sakai: I've also always wanted to do some quilting someday. As my eyesight gets worse each year, I am beginning to realize that it may not be possible as I had hoped!! What kind of costumes would you sew? Just for Halloween, or do you do some acting? Congrats on the new notch in your belt!

Lemon: Dang! I keep wanting to hear about your new little plants sprouting. I guess when they are ready, they will come. I cut back my geranium last weekend, to make sure the dead stuff is gone. My family said I was trying to kill it. I hope that they aren't right! They think it is funny that I sometimes struggle keeping flowers alive.

Lilion: Sorry you are having a rough time. Hopefully, things will get better. But your dehydrator efforts sound good. Maybe you can find different ideas for jerky seasonings that will taste better. Good luck with all the new fruits/veggies you are trying!

As for me, I didn't weigh in today. Well, that's partially true. I started to get on the scale, but it appeared to be heading higher, so I got back off. It is Tuesday, and that seems to be a higher day for me. I wasn't up for it.

I went to the doctor today for an annual checkup. All of my vitals seem to be good and they did a blood draw, so we'll make sure all of that is ok. I talked to the doctor about my weight, and told her that I was working on re-losing some weight that I had regained. She was good, she told me that I had lost it before and I could do it again! What a nice thing to say! Love her! She also said that I am probably not all that close to menopause yet, so I need to be patient. Whatever... :)

I'm going to try to get in a hike after work and then spin tomorrow. Just gotta keep going.

toastedsmoke 04-10-2018 04:05 PM

Hey guys, mini-disappearance but I'm low key here. Dreaded mobile phone check in so I probably won't do in-depth personals but yeah. The birthday went well. I ate myself into a food hangover and tried to cure it with some hair of dog cake the following morning. In fairness, Saturday ended well food-wise. Sunday was a hot mess. Monday was pretty good and then today I weighed 190 and felt like giving up but here I am. It's not been the best day food-wise, but it's not been beyond measurably awful. I'm trying to reign it in. I leave for Bali on Friday chubbier than I've been in years and feeling it but I'm going to keep trying. All I need is more good days than bad ones.

Diane: I hope your blood work comes back fab and you get a hike in.

Lemon, your break fast sounds good. It sounds like you had Quite a cold outdoorsy morning. I hope your plants germinate in the warmer weather.

Jenni, I'm so sorry about all the added stress visitors are causing. I hope you heal from your flare soon. Nothing worse than having to be company ready when you're not feeling it.

Uber, yay!!! You're backkk!!!! What an amazing NSV with the Eiffel Tower steps, and then to return three pounds down. Even more fabulous!

Lilian, I'm sending you hugs! I'm so sorry your friend hurt you like that. Hugs!!!! Please keep us updated with your dehydrator chronicles.

Sakai, The scale is being a total pant but I'm sure it'll turn around soon once your water retention levels are normal. But whoa the NSV of all those belt notches!!!

Guys I'm off to eat dinner. Food check in, today hasn't been awesome. I had a couple of ounces of ground beef and a slice of pan fried liver for breakfast. I had a slice of roast leg of lamb for lunch. Then I came home and had like six hundred calories of birthday cake and crackers before starting dinner, basically ALL the carbs. But it's okay, I was only at four hundred ish calories pre the stumble. Dinner is mashed potato, steamed mixed veg and beef and it's in my control to make it a moderate day. If I end up around sixteen hundred calories, I'll call it a win. (Edited after dinner to add I'm not under 1600 calls but I'm not going to make it worse by bingeing on chocolate. Nope. Not going to. I'll have tea instead. Yup.) I've not been. doing great exercise wise or sleep wise or stress wise but I'll give getting a workout a go.

windyleal 04-10-2018 05:10 PM

Regainer back on track!

Hi All - I'd like to be part of this group if you'll have me! I'm a mom to a 14 yr old son and am married to my high school sweetheart (and most days I still like him LOL)

I feel best and lose best following a low carb plan. Last summer I got down to 207# from a SW of 242# (from May to September). I maintained my loss for a few months and then hurt my knee and shoulder and took a steroid that threw me out of whack and my low carb WOE went out the window for a while. I weighed yesterday morning and I'm back up to 223# and I have made a decision to get back on track.

I ate on plan yesterday and am doing good today so I'm off to a good start ;)

lemonthyme 04-10-2018 05:54 PM

Windy: welcome! Jump on in as there are a bunch of us not happy with our scales ;)

Toasted: oh dear l! It sounds like your scale is joining Diane’s and my own - crazy dumb things! But I’m glad you had an enjoyable time with family! That’s important too.

Diane: I too was almost on the scale Monday but did not because I knew it’d put me in a foul mood. Yeah for a doctor kind about your weight loss. Most of mine are ok with it and then I have one that tends to say “you could do better quicker” but he and I never see eye to eye.

Hello all!

Am: I’ve spent the better part of the day sitting with ice or heat and it’s helped a bit more but still awfully awful! My eating has been kind of ok but I’m making a hot dish for tonight and those can add up super quick and bite me in the fanny by tomorrow’s weigh in.

Well I did get a big salad at lunch. Maybe I’ll give the family the hotdish and I’ll just do another salad.

I went and found my patterns but I am not able to flex easily enough to cut them out without irritating the shoulder further. I’m hopeful this is short lived I’ve got over things I want to do - sitting around like an old lady not so much.

Happy evening!

jenjenangel027 04-10-2018 09:50 PM

Lemon:. 44/39/46. My waist is not so accurate right now be ause of how much I'm bloated with whatever I have! We are very similar! I am a pear shape also. My wrist is also a 6.5. I have bigger calves and ankles also. My 16s are loose and I wear xl at the moment. Although my xl sweats and tops are becoming loose. I will not try a large until around 210.

Sakai 04-11-2018 12:15 AM

Lilion- been there with the friend issues. But mine was a 16 year friendship out the window. I can't imagine the hurt of a friendship of 50 years. So glad the dehydrator is working out for you. I might bust mine out again. Dried mangos are amazing and so are kiwi's. I can't have the sugar but strawberries are relatively safe so maybe some fruit leather is in my future.

Windy- Welcome! Jump right in, I'm new here too.

Slash- I would sew costumes for halloween, but mostly for Ren fair, I go almost every year and spend a small fortune slowly adding to my costume every year. My green costume was completed a few years ago, so I started a blue one with a leather bluejay mask (It's a masquerade costume) it still needs bit and details. I didn't get to go this year because I ended up owing taxes. which sucked.

Gotta dash! More detailed check in tomorrow!

lemonthyme 04-11-2018 07:39 AM

223.0 (oh drat! The wrong way!)
33ozwater
No walk

Sakai: well it sounds like you’re creative if your making renfaire garb. You and lil have common ground as does my DH.

Jen: isn’t it funny how clothes are feeling loose on you and on me just ok to stuffed?! I know I’m not in anything remotely new: either my old from storage or what I’ve picked up at the goodwill. But still it’d sure be nice to see a smaller size sooner. Hope all the tum issues subside.

Toasted: ugh! I hope you find a good plan to tackle your scale. Mine went the wrong direction too. Mine is because I’m super blah with my shoulder and I hurt a lot and I wanted sugar yesterday. Chocolate. Bad. Though I will say it was good for the broc moment it was in my mouth and on my pallet!

Lil: hope you dehydrated more and had fun. My FIL does jerky all the time I don’t know what he flavors with specifically. I know he usually hits up the outdoor store for packets but he likes to add to things to get his own flavor. He usually does a lot of venison.

Hello all!

AM: slowly getting a functioning shoulder. It’s funny how laying around with a heating pad or ice bag most of the day and how you don't get much done and how much you can eat. I’m also quite aware that my weight didn’t change much from the time I weighed before bed to when I woke. Yeah spaghetti noodles and lack of big water in my day. So today I will try again and see if I can in the downward direction.

So because I haven’t been shopping for myself in a long time - where are you all finding success in sizing with clothes? Am I missing that sizes have once again been redone? Is there a brand that’s economical but sized well/true to size? Maybe if I just go try on and see where I’m at might be a good thing too. Let me know. I’m limited to what’s here for dept stores as more are closing. So I’m down to JCP, Kohl’s and yeah - that’s it. Younkers is closing Macy’s is gone. Yep - barren land here for anything a bit nicer and yes there is TJs and Ross but locally, that’s it.

Ok well happy day all. I’m off to the plant nursery for a good dose of growing plants smell, and color that is sorely missing. And if we get the snow this weekend ugh yuck. And too I’ll have to check my plant babies and see how that’s growing. Spring really truly needs to show her warm self and get on with it.

toastedsmoke 04-11-2018 08:58 AM

Hey guys, not much to add since last night. I ended up having the cup of tea (Yogi Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut + Chamomile) instead of the chocolate. Diet-wisdom says I'm supposed to feel good about that decision and be soooo glad I made that choice- I don't and I'm not, even now after sleeping on it. I mean I'm sure if the scale cooperates or I get a NSV, maybe I will feel better about it, but I'm kind of "humbug" at the moment. It's barely noon and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO hungry. I've started on half of my lunch but it's not quite done and it needs some time in the microwave. But it's too early to go warm my lunch without getting a side eye from my colleagues. I'm sure they've noticed my weight gain. Besides, if I eat too early, it's going to be a miserable afternoon. Sighhh. Since starting this post, I went to buy a Coke Zero. I don't particularly like Coke or cola anymore nor do I do well with caffeine, but it's the only "diet" fizzy drink they had and I'm thinking the gas will give a feeling of fullness. What's to add? Oh I didn't weigh in today, by the time I remembered, I was already dressed and I didn't have time to undress and weigh. Food plans today are a little unexciting. For breakfast, I had a slice of bread, 1 chicken vienna sausage and 2 chicken nuggets. Not exactly the breakfast of champs but it was in the fridge and it was up for grabs. For lunch, I'm having oven-roasted plantain (which having tasted it, could have used more time in the oven this morning, but I was running late and now need to finish it off in the microwave) and some broiled flank steak. For dinner, I'm having fried yam and some pan-fried grouper. That puts me around the 1300-1400-range calorie wise which is fair.

Windy: Welcome!!! Looking forward to getting to know you! Any immediate mini goal? I've regained about 20 lbs in the last few months as well and I've been feeling a little overwhelmed. I think I'm going to set some that are like fail-proof (hopefully). Since we're looking at RE-losing the same amount of weight, maybe we can be re-loss buddies on here.

Lemon: I hope your shoulder feels better! Did you end up having another salad for dinner? What kind? What was in it? No amazing strategy for on-plannedness. I have this work trip for the conference from this Friday to Monday the upper week and I'm worried about the implications of Bali on my dedication to plan. And then 10 days after I get back, I'm taking all my vacation time for the year (foolhardily in May) and going on a Caribbean cruise in May, so it's really not the best couple of months to be trying to achieve anything grand weight-loss wise. I'm thinking of setting myself 2-lb mini goals, because surely, that's achievable, right? Rightt??? Even when travelling. I'm not even a chocaholic like that. Like I'm never the one to pick the chocolate dessert and I don't particularly care for chocolate cake, but I just really felt like dark chocolate last night, for some reason. If I'm still feeling like that tonight and my calories are right, I might have 2 pieces. Vis-a-vis shopping, it was always Macys or Dillards or Sears (dead now, right?) for me when I was in the 16s-18s, but being you don't have a Macy's around you. I've never been to Kohl's personally but JCP has a decent selection of 14-16s- I just always found it a bit of an overwhelming store for some reason. Target had plus clothing but it never looked right on my apple-y, hip-less self- same with Walmart. But they did have those sizes in affordable and occasionally stylish wear. If you're solidly in the 16s-18s and you have a mall in your area with dedicated women's wear/apparel stores- I had great luck at stores like New York & Company, LOFT, Old Navy (especially for dresses) and the sister stores Gap and Banana Republic (both used to go up to at least a 20), H&M, American Eagle, Charlotte Russe (although I feel like their clothes are made of paper), Torrid (some of the clothes can be a bit young but they have quirky basics as well). If the retail options in your area are really not popping, definitely try to go the online route. When I was a student, I mostly shopped online for time and transportation reasons- and also because in most stores, the larger sizes can be like gold dust.

Jenni: Heyyy!!! I hope you're feeling less blah. Are you still thinking of doing a change up to shock your body into getting the scale to cooperate again? What are you planning?

Sakai: I've never had dried kiwi, that sounds DELICIOUS! So cool that you sew! And elaborate costume-y stuff too! That's total goals!

Alright guys, in the 2-3 hours since I started this post, it's now past lunch time and the Coke Zero did help in suppressing my appetite and filling me with air. Booo. I'm going to have lunch now. I'm wishing you all a fabulously on plan day and lots of scale and non-scale victories.

windyleal 04-11-2018 09:04 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I stayed on track yesterday and was down one pound this morning... I'm retaining lots of water after eating so cruddy for a while so I'm looking forward to the drop in scales when I can flush out this fluid!

I look forward to "meeting" all of you and cheering each other on :carrot: (or groaning together when things suck!)

windyleal 04-11-2018 09:17 AM

Toasted - We are definitely in the same boat! I think my biggest "mini-goal" right now is to keep eating on plan and exercising again. It is beautiful right now here in Texas so I'd probably enjoy walking my neighborhood or riding my bike in the evenings until the summer **** heat is unleashed and I'm back to walking on my treadmill in the air conditioning! I love zumba and hip hop dance classes but have tendonitis in my bicep right now so I don't want to make that worse! I tend to forget that it hurts and do something stupid and it reminds me real quick! LOL

I've been so good at sabotaging myself lately that I'm taking it minute by minute and not setting a weight loss goal just yet. Once my eating is on plan, the rest just tends to happen organically and I feel better about setting goals.

What are your goals right now that I can encourage you with??

lemonthyme 04-11-2018 10:49 AM

Windy: good for you! Daily posts (sometimes multiple for myself!) keep me going. I know it's a help to put it out in the universe and someone on a like journey understands me. I know we all have different trails to thin-dom - mine tends to be long and slow but I also have littles and I eat with them I am afraid!

Toasted:
god no - I had the spaghetti but went heavier on my sauce and lighter on my noodles! I did have the big salad for my afternoon snack. It was romaine, tomatoes, green peppers, cauliflower, kohlrabi and carrots. And some buffalo ranch dressing. Today because my aleve needs food I had a bowl of dry honey oat almond cereal. I need to get my protein back in here somewhere. Since it's church night I make fatty omelet for me and the kids - eggs, string cheese, diced ham, tomatoes and green peppers. Or whatever I can find in the fridge. They get it with toast, I get it with a jug of water!

Sorry the scale is just irritating you. I think maybe you might need to lean more toward your proteins? It reads like you are turning more to starches right now and that's never a help (at least for me!).

Thank you for the store thoughts. Everything department store wise is closing for me. I mean I don't mind online ordering, but I am also one who likes to feel fabrics, see how it hangs on me etc without having to pay shipping either way! ;) However, I just do tend to get disappointed when I am in the dressing room when one thing after the other doesn't fit. And can I just put it out there in my unending thoughts on clothing fit: WE ARE NOT ALL SLIM SHOULDERED women! Just sayin!

Hello all!

I got my plant fix in, ran to the nursery as soon as the kids were on the bus. Oh heavenly to see blooms, feel somewhat tropical (the heat is on and they had watered early am) and just feel one with dirt. I talked to the owner - he's a shy man, but very knowledgable once you get him talking. I enjoy his help on my questions.

As for diet - I was just in my iPhoto off loading more images and looked at my diet ones. Darn I should have taken the bra and undie in the very beginning. As is I have me in shorts and t-shirt, the subsequent ones are the bare unders. I am noticing some changes. I should measure myself today and see if it has changed a bit again. I haven't done so for about a month, it's time and maybe though the scale isn't moving in the direction I had hoped maybe just maybe I can find success here!

I will post if I see any changes. Have to run to school today for a kid activity and then home again to do the laundry from hades.

Happy day all!

:broc: :broc: :broc: :broc:

Slashnl 04-11-2018 01:24 PM

Windyleal: Welcome to the group!! Glad you can join us. There is a lot of support in this group, so you'll be glad you're here.

Toasted: Sorry about the scale woes. Seems like they are all rebelling and trying too hard to make us unhappy. I know what you mean, though, about how you feel when the numbers are better. Unfortunately, if it is an increase, I can be kind of glum the rest of the day. But when it is a good number, I'm all kinds of chipper.

Lemon: Glad you were able to go and see some blooms! I noticed that a lot of stores are getting their flowers out now. I need to do some clean up and then I can get going on putting flowers out. The weather is still a little unsettled here, so I need to wait a little bit.

Sakai: Well, that's pretty cool about the costumes! I know what you mean about the taxes, though. We always have to pay, it seems. My husband has his own business, so it is a constant struggle. Not always a happy time of year!!

As for me, I got on the scale today. It was still up about a pound. I'm hoping that is still just my Tuesday/Wednesday increase. But I also know I've indulged a little bit in some chocolate peanut butter bars I made. But, now they are gone. I have been on track fairly well, so hopefully, I can get some happier scale numbers soon. I did hear back from the doctor's office on the blood draw. The numbers were all good, so that was a good thing to confirm.

I was able to go hiking after work last night. It seemed kind of hard, but I think that is just because it was later in the day. I went to Spin this morning too, and I could tell that I had been hiking because my legs were pretty tired. Body Pump is tomorrow.

Sakai 04-11-2018 01:58 PM

Goodness no, I don't sew. LOL Just simple things. but if I DID, it would be ren fair garb and such. That was what I meant ^.^

The water retention finally drained away and the scale is moving once again. There IS something about my weekends that must be causing me to retain. The only thing I can think of (Other than not being as active) Is I do tend to take a few carb friendly shots when I sit down to do my writing (I write in my free time) Maybe this weekend I'll go without my customary muse bait and write without the buzz.

Lemon- All this talk about clothes made me remember something from the first time I started to get low on the scale.
I have no clothes for a thinner me. I've always been large, never in my adult life have I been slim or even "Normal" So once I get below size 16...I'm going to have to get an entirely new wardrobe. I have shirts in Large size for me to shrink into, but nothing in the way of pants.

I have one pair of jeans my cousin bought me for my 16th birthday. They are a size 16, although due to their brand they seem to look more like size 14. ( I do think they must have vanity sized again) Anyways, point is, I've never been able to fit them. When I got to 225 I was able to get them on, but not zipped. I was so excited. Anyways, those are the smallest pants I have and I'm excited to finally get them on and zipped.
We only have a Walmart in my area, if I want anything else in terms of clothes, it'll have to be a two and half hour drive, or the internet. Am I the only one iffy about getting clothes on the internet? It seems so hard to find clothes in person, much less on the computer that will fit and look good on my body. Maybe it will be easier when I'm in more "Normal" Size clothes.

Went for a walk today with the man. Was about an hour, same as yesterday. Wore sunscreen but I got a bit red (I'm very fair) So I think we'll take tomorrow off from walking outdoors.

ubergirl 04-11-2018 04:58 PM

Toasted Ok, my dear, YOU ARE GOING TO BALI!!! And even though you are feeling chubby, you did not pull an uber and go from 190 to 297. You may not be where you want to be, but just going on vacation and getting away from the stress may really help. So, regarding being constantly hungry, that is SO HARD! I read a really interesting article recently where they were saying that they did a study that showed that it was more important to focus on what you're eating than how much-- it was a reliable medical study, and they found that larger portions of healthy foods still led to the same or even more weight loss... I think it was along the lines of like a big piece of fish for 400 cals versus a small cupcake for 350 and you'd still lose more. So, I'm wondering if you can't try to figure out some ways to add more volume to your diet to help with the hunger. Because it is no fun to be hungry all the time!

Jen I'm so glad your DH is recovering, but still, scary and hard, and then houseguests on top! You must be really stressed right now, but good job for hanging in there. And I betcha those 14s will fit! But in any case, I know what you mean-- sometimes it feels good to keep wearing the loose ones until they just won't stay up anymore... but at that point, you've usually dropped 2 sizes not just one. And thanks for asking about the trip! We had a wonderful time. We spent 4 days in the south of France, mostly visiting a big national park-- we saw flamingoes and wild ponies. So cool! Then we went to Paris where my daughter has been doing a study abroad. Was fun to see her so much in her element in Paris! All in all a great time!

Lil That is really hard to have problems with an old friend!!! It can just feel so upsetting and like a betrayal! On the other hand, how cool that you are learning to use a dehydrator. Home made jerky? Yum!

Windy Hi and welcome aboard! Everyone here has lost and gained and lost and... well you get the picture. I have four kids-- three are grown but my baby is a 13 y.o. boy, so I'm right in there with you!

Lemon Hoo-boy. Sizes. That is a HOT TOPIC for me. I felt like I was swimming in my 20s, so I went to try on new jeans a couple of days ago. In one plus brand I was an 18, in one I was a 14. I hate shopping in the plus department because everything is double-the price, so I'm looking for clothes in the non-plus side and I see a pair of 16s and think well those actually look as if they'd fit, so I grab them and pull them on and they fit. (and they were half the price) See, I pretty much never go in the normal-sized department because I just assume that nothing will fit, but actually I think that a 16 regular is getting bigger and bigger!!! We are the same height and you are 20lbs less than me, so I would think you would be no bigger than a 16. Regarding clothing sizes, I have definitely found that the mail order clothes fit much truer to size than the stores. I think Lands End has really consistent sizing and quality. I also shop JJill, but only the sale catalog and their clothes fit pretty well... but for actual walk into the store stores, the sizing makes no sense whatsoever most of the time.

Diane Glad to hear your doc thinks you are doing well and is supportive. Hope your bloodwork goes well! Even though you carry the excess weight, all that exercise obviously is keeping you healthy! My lab work started to go haywire last year-- pre-diabetes and high blood pressure-- both of which are now completely resolved! I really screwed it up by piling on a whole lot of weight and also stopping exercise and that was what got me.

So, as for me, I'm doing good. I ended up having to work while I was in France, but I finished my project, so I've just been a bit at loose ends for the last few days, not up to much. Once again, I'm trying to decide if I should join the gym. One of the worst things about living in LA is that everything is just so over-priced!!!!!! I paid less than half for my gym when I lived back East, and so when I moved here I never joined. There are cheaper ones that are farther away and don't have pools, but I really want the pool, so I always end up deciding against joining. I have a boring essay to write that I'm procrastinating about and then have to start my new project. Still and all, sometimes I still pinch myself that I'm self-employed. I do like being able to mess around when I want to.

Weight still sitting at 242... I am still thinking I might switch to weekly weigh-ins...it was great not weighing for 10 days and then seeing 4 lbs, but if I had weighed every one of those days it would have seemed so slow. That being said, I have to say that having the surgery has really helped me not struggle as much. I just go along. I have to be careful about what I eat, but I can't just get mindless and suddenly realize I've eaten way too much. And I'm not dealing with hunger at all.

lemonthyme 04-11-2018 06:12 PM

Uber: I sew and sizes are a mystery to me especially when you go to the store and try and then your like my pattern I used was a 22 that I addd inches too and now I fit into . . . And then the swing of measurements within mfg lines. I mean you could just have different colors same style cut etc and get one pair fits well and the other too big or small. I am an advocate for true sizing! If it’s letters and numbers that irritate people then come up with something else. Symbols, bird names - whatever. I just want to find things that are consistent in fit and if w loss I can get in something smaller even better!

Diane: yeah for good blood work! I think your exercise is helping you way more than you think. And - enjoy those brownies! I’m thinking of making monkey bread tomorrow and then deep siding most of it to the freezer for later. Enough for everyone to have a pull and that’s it.

Sakai: good for walking w the man - maybe this daily jaunt will start slimming you where you will be more than surprised. Join in freely about the clothing industry and living in a small town w/shops eons away - story of my
Married life! I miss being able to pop out for something and instead have to structure my trips to town around groceries (frozen or meltables is always an issue in summer) and then however much time I have around school schedules. It’s hard - I get it!

Hello all! I’ve yet to measure but I found my book I have been writing in way back when. I’ll post this and then come alt it once I know what I’m down.

45/adjustable/48

I state adjustable because yesterday morning it was 38 1/2 and I just ate dinner and am working on my 40th oz of water and my belly is already at 40. Hahahahaha tell me you can be that fluid drinking fluids!

I will return tomorrow morn and try to measure upon waking. If none of you do - measure yourself. Though your scale may have stalled - you may see changes elsewhere. A month ago my hips were 49 so though my scale only really slides back and forth I have lost something on the caboose!

My challenge to you all: measure tomorrow if you can:
Bust/chest/waist/hips/wrist
You don’t have to post here but I find it’s a motivator when all else seems down I keep mine in a small notebook. I even measure my thighs and calves (yes the ethnicities I stated earlier do cover this but they have even lost but it depends on my activity - they fluctuate if I walk or cycle or the like.

lemonthyme 04-12-2018 07:24 AM

99oz wAter
No walk

So I don’t expect the scale to be super kind to me until I throw that walk back in. But when I walk and my arm is to my side my shoulder is painful. As is I’m back under the heating pad again. It’s feeling better but not there.

So yes my belly puffed way up with all my water before bed. Hah. Gals don’t measure yourself at the end of day, just sayin. So I found my notebook. I went back to when I began w 3fc so in 2015 (I told you I wasnt quick to lose weight and life and babe loss was in that time frame too). Anywho so this what I was and where I’m at:

B: 48 >>44
C: 40>>36.5
W: 43>>37.875
H: 52>>48
WR: 7>>6.5

So there is a bit of change in my shape. Even if the scale doesn’t tell me that, my measurements give me a bit of a different way to look at it. And my NSV is that I don’t need to add on to my patterns nearly so much! I will begin cutting out the kimono today and I look forward to looking good in that! Problem is I don’t have a dummy like lil to show off my sewing. Will see if I’ll put myself out there when it’s done.

Toasted: how is your outlook today? Your trip and travels sound fantastic. I have never been to either locale so you’ll have to paint a picture for me of your travels. How long is your cruise? I know Bali ties back up w a presentation (how’s that going?). As for food - what one change can you make that might be pulling you off? I think my problem is graham crackers or a granola bar (I was running around and mindlessly grabbed). So I’m trying to replace those by when I have a sweet tooth to suck on a butterscotch. Who knows if that’s smart but I’m trying some different things here and there.

Lil: hope you are doing ok and feeling good about who you are! Your a way pleasant lady who makes me laugh. ;) tell me what you and your DH plan to do to ready your house for spring.

Jen: how are you feeling? Have you tried your 14s?

Uber: I long for a swimming pool. When the lotto was so high and DH and I were musing I found a picture of a pool I’d love. Of course he said remember the practicality for this area that’s kind of dumb w the length of our winters - but still I mused and found the perfect one for me. Hah! Pools do wonders for your body and you move way more than you ever think as you glide. I also liked to use the kickboard for some lengths as it helped me with pulling in my tum. The only thing I didn’t like was feeling so “non” swimmer w the ones that crawl or breaststroke and do the underwater turns in the lanes next to me - but I finally got to be IM MOVING MY BODY TOO frame of mind. I have never been able to turn smoothly. I’m a back stroke gal or side stroke. A half hour is good and yes, you do sweat in a pool! So enjoy. What was the most out of the way and beautiful moment of your trip?

Diane: your weather is way ahead of my own - we are to get 12” more Friday night -Sunday. What we got last time wasn’t horrid and it’s about melted. So I long to be setting out my flowers like you are. Keep me posted on how that goes!

Sakai: what do your write when you imbibe? Are you published too? Are you on a ranch or a small town? And what’s the most beautiful natural area by you that you enjoy?

Windy: how’s it going? Are you on point?

Hello all!

It’s 630 and everyone is still asleep. My trip to school went well and boy has my oldest grown so nicely. Sometimes I forget that until I see them w their peers. Yeah!

In the next month I’ll be doing a lot of baking! Hopefully I can keep the gnoshing to a minimum. Birthdays, holidays, kids home for summer soon - this mama needs to stockpile soon. And deep six it in the freezer because who likes to schlep down a bunch of stairs for a cookie?

Alrighty- happy day all!

Back again: so I have to plan for two birthday dinners w completely different palates. I think for one I’m doing bacon wrapped pork tenderloin w bbq sauce on grill, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and carrot cake. For a spring meal does this sound too heavy? I rarely make that type of cake but it’s something special for the day. Plus I’m not a huge buttercream lady I scrape - even cream cheese! A little goes a long way for me. If it does sound too heavy, any suggestions? I will have to go hang at the butcher this weekend and see what he has on hand. That is if this blizzard bags coming avoids us. Hah!

I took care of my plants - all’s looking good inside - I think my outside ones know it’s still too darn cold to sprout. I hear them! I have to retape some of the containers and get them back outside. I moved them to the deck because w said blizzard weather says 40-50mph winds. Oh joy oh rapture. I’m not chasing the jugs down the street. Forget that!

windyleal 04-12-2018 10:26 AM

Good morning (or afternoon for Toasted) - I'm going to attempt the personalized post today!

Toasted - I'm glad the Coke Zero helped you feel full. I love to have a Coke Zero with some SF vanilla syrup sometimes as a treat and I love it. I have a hard time with carbonated stuff so I just do it occasionally but there is something about adding that bit of vanilla that I just love. What part of Africa are you in? I have a bunch of friends from Africa and I love to hear them speak - the accents are wonderful! I worked for a small HBCU in Austin for a long time and we had many international students and some of our African kids were sponsored by an oil company to come to our university and I loved seeing them flourish in school! Two of them just finished med school and are becoming doctors and quite a few went into computer related and business fields and are very successful.

Lemon - I love flowers and would like to plant a veggie garden at some point, too. My DH and I say every year we will do it and then we don't. One day I'll have that garden... I agree with you on the slim-shouldered. My main problem with clothes is that I have large upper arms and I like a 3/4 length sleeve to hide all the wiggly fat. They are hard to find!!

Diane - It feels so good to fit in smaller jeans. I'm rooting for you! I had a great pair of "fat jeans" that were always my stand-by when I put on a few pounds and the Universe must be ready for me to be thin because the zipper broke last weekend and I can't wear those fat jeans anymore. I have jeans from a size 22 all the way down to a 14. I'm hanging at an 18 right now in most brands but want to get back down to those 14s!!

Sakai - I hear you on the water retention! My body is a pro at retaining water when I don't eat on plan. Mine is flushing out - it just takes some time. We can do this!!

Uber - Thanks for the welcome. My 14 year old used to be so sweet and loving but hormones have turned him into an alien. I never know which version of him I'll get each day LOL He is super smart and does great in school so I'm just trying to encourage him to choose a different attitude when he talks to me!

For me, things are good. Thank you all for such a warm welcome:hug:. I can tell I'm going to enjoy this group!! This is day 4 back on plan. I started at 223 on Monday and the scale said 219.4 today so the water retention is flushing out. I will say though that I have been STARVING these past couple days. I made burger patties with some onion and worcestershire with a side of broccoli for dinner and I ate two patties. I usually can only finish one but last night I was so hungry. I brought a salad, avocado, tomato, and some turkey for lunch today and I had my protein shake for breakfast. Today's shake was chocolate with almond butter and a few banana slices - I usually can only drink about 1/2 of it and then I'm tired of it... I'd really rather have a good hearty breakfast but I like to sleep more than I want to get up and cook!! Lemon - I'm going to take your advice and measure. I haven't done that in a while. I have a book of weights and measurements going back over 11 years. It is interesting to see how my body changes.