3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   11 Regainers regaining control and relosing! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/315327-11-regainers-regaining-control-relosing.html)

jenjenangel027 05-07-2018 11:15 AM

Lemon:. Does magnesium oil differ from magnesium supplement s?

lemonthyme 05-07-2018 12:29 PM

Yes. From what I read your body processes better using the oil vs supplement. I “make” my own. I have a larger spray bottle, boil 2 cups water and let cool (why I don’t know). Midway add 1 cup magnesium flakes (not Epsom salts)
and dissolve. Apply/spray to external problem area rub in. Please note it’s somewhat like ocean water when it dries on your skin and can have a burning sensation so avoid cuts scrapes or open anything as it’s salt and we all know how that feels.

The salt I use. I usually get mine from amazon but I live in the boonies.

And some info to read on.

It has helped me regain function to a former broken toe, helped my feet feel great walking Disney, General well being and my shoulder. I don’t use it daily unless I’m feeling poorly read middle of winter. I tend NOT to like how it feels once dry so I usually spray on 15 mins before an evening shower and let dry and then wash off. You may find your hands feel dried out after rubbing in. After my shower I just lotion well. From what I read rubbing into your belly area is a good spot for general/overall and achy places right at the source. I believe Toasted also uses so she’d be another source for help. But if it were me and you are open to natural things - read on it, make sure it wouldnt be compromising your meds or health issues and look at trying. I’ll remind you I’m not in the medical arena, but I tend to look at natural if it’s something simple that can help. I have found it does for me and maybe it’s worth looking at for you.

Slashnl 05-07-2018 02:52 PM

Lemon: Sounds like things are really getting to you right now. I'm so sorry things are making you worry. I know how that is. We've had our struggles too, and it just is so hard to not worry. You can tell yourself that there is nothing you can do about it, and to let it go, but it doesn't stop your mind. Hopefully with a little bit of planting and making things grow, you'll find a better place in your mind. Anyway, I hope it all starts to turn around for you and things get better. Don't stress about the weight loss. You'll get back into it when you're ready!!

Uber: Ugh, clothing sizes. I get your frustration. I was pretty shocked to find that I could wear misses sizes and even some XL shirts in the juniors section. It makes you work so hard finding stuff to fit. I guess that as long as you're losing, it gives you opportunity to try on stuff, if you're into that!! I hate shopping, so totally not my thing.

Jenni: Sorry to hear about the headaches! Hopefully you'll get through that soon. I know how that is, though. It's like you give in on one thing, and then it just isn't enough, and it snowballs!! I hope you feel better today.

As for me, I had a great weigh in today, but not for the reasons you might think. I'm down 4.2 pounds for the week. But it was more from a very stressful weekend. My daughter was in a rollover accident on Friday. She's ok, and actually amazingly not hurt at all except for a few cuts and bruises. The car is totaled, but thank God, she's fine. Talk about stressful. I think that's what caused some of the weight loss. :) But, I'll take it. Finally made it to the 240's.

I didn't workout on Saturday, but I went for a hike on Sunday, mainly to help work off some of the anxiety and to get myself out of the house and out of my own head. I went to spin this morning, too. Tomorrow will be a rest day. I've been doing well with food, but mainly from just not feeling like eating. I'm fine now, but it really put me through the ringer. I'm just going to try to keep the weight going down, with no bouncing back up.

ubergirl 05-07-2018 03:47 PM

Lemon Glad to know you haven't given up the hairstyling! I color my hair, and the first thing $ gets a little tight and I start to rock roots. :D I'm really sorry you are feeling like a bummer but hang in there. We have all had our UPS and our DOWNS and then UPS again. Such is life! It's hard to keep your head in the game all the time so you just do the best you can. I perused your body type thing, and I guess I'm a cello waiting to be an hour glass. I always describe myself as an apple, but the thinner I get the more the hourglass emerges. Face on, I look like I have a waist, but turned to profile, I've got a definite broodmare look!

Diane Well, having your daughter in an accident is not the way you want to lose weight! How awful for her and you and so relieved to learn that she is okay. SCARY!!!! On the other hand, you get :carrot::carrot::carrot: from me for breaking through to the 240s in such a dramatic way! You cut off a third of the whole decade in one fell swoop! Lookin' good! As far as trying on clothes is concerned, I think I'm just so vain :D The second I drop a few sizes I start moaning that all my clothes are too big and I want to rush off to the store to buy smaller sizes. It's just another psychological hit, like seeing a lower number on the scale. But the sad fact is that a lot of my big sized clothes now look about how I imagined/hoped/dreamed they looked back then. I've got these cute flowy 3X tops-- and they honestly look better now that they don't have to do the job of hiding 50 extra pounds. If I manage to lose another 50, then I know from previous experience that I literally will not be able to wear the plus clothes-- back when, I could literally stand in one leg of my size 24 pants. I've given away some of my biggest pants, but it's not like they would just fall right off.

Jen I really love road trips, and I've done the trips a bunch of times, but most recently last summer driving home from college with my daughter after her graduation. It was so fun! But it is definitely much easier when they are bigger-- I did some trips of necessity when my kids were younger and they would get so antsy! Sorry you're having a flare-up!!! Hope you feel better soon. And I hear you about 210 being the cut-off point for shopping! From my last journey down the scale, I know that about 210 is where I start to feel like I look more or less normal.

Well, don't anybody keel over in shock, but gas is 3.49 here in sunny LA. Luckily I don't drive much since I work at home. Yikes! Just eeked down to 232 today meaning the 220s are in sight! I'm pretty relaxed right now as I just finished one book and haven't started working on the next one yet but I need to get some discipline going and get right to work on it. But it is nice to just kind of relax sometimes! I need to work more on getting in my fluids. I noticed that I've been really dry.

lemonthyme 05-08-2018 08:42 AM

Diane: I’m sorry your daughter was in a scary accident but I am glad she’s safe and sound - bumps and bruises get better quick enough. As for stress eating - it’s a hard one to leave behind when one is dieting. I turn to food too often myself and it’s a hard one to stop. Because a cookie can solve the worlds problems! A good chocolate chip and all the craziness In the world would probably stop ;)

I’m optimistic!

Uber: are you dealing w the high temps by you? Sakai probably is I see. Here we have been having periods of high burn warnings and then it rains and that goes down to come back. As for shopping - I get when you are seeing scale success and you want to follow it up w nice fitting NORMAL clothes (funny how we say normal). I have gotten to the point I need to see some swim in the clothes before I move on to another size. Of late that was room in my seat and thighs which prompted me to try the 16s. Are you still in the comfy clothes with your writing days or are you doing something a bit more permanent in its shape is jeans or cropped pants ie: non elastic waist bands. I have been enjoying my more fitted cut t-shirts that is showing off I’ve lost in the bust/back area and I’ve more of a trimmer look. Is your new book historically focused again?

Jen: how are you feeling today? Maybe your tum has settled and you can get on with it all.

Hello all! And gals who are out there on hiatus - pop back in and let us know your doing ok!

Am: today’s outlook is kind of good. I avoided the scale and will work on staying focused on my food stuffs. I had a veg heavy with chicken last night. But at the end I had a slice of angel food cake with strawberries. Oh what a nice spring treat. And if I really had my way I would have had a huge piece. As it was I was mindful.

I’ve been getting outside and working in the yard in small batches. Today will find me getting those planters done and planning out the other ones I’m waiting to do as we have a few colder nights not freeze but we haven’t had our last freeze at all so I’m mindful. But they are all getting underway and looking good. It’s funny how green leaves and colored petals can boost your spirits.

I’m off to go get eggs and bananas and milk - all the things we run through quick. Happy day all - I’m dipping my toe in finding the diet mojo. May you all have a light moment today.

lemonthyme 05-08-2018 11:14 AM

My NSV: today I got my fast just about done!

Hey I’ll take a small victory where I find one. Yeah for me. The old caboose is trying to work her way back on track. ;)

Slashnl 05-08-2018 01:02 PM

Lemon: Well, there you go! That's a good NSV, getting your fast done. One step at a time. I am glad you are getting out with the plants. I am looking forward to doing that this weekend. I needed to take a day off to keep my PTO accumulations going so I am going to be off on Monday, too. I have the sprinkler working again (just a loose wire), so I'm pretty excited about getting the plant life cleaned up and growing!!

Uber: Haha, I get it. I have to keep reminding myself that even though I'm losing again, I'm not to where I was before, so clothes aren't that different. They're actually getting back to looking like they were supposed to look before. I think I've hit the number, so that I've lost all of the weight I gained last year, all 25 pounds, so that's good, but I was lower before so no clothes changes yet..........

As for me, I had a good weigh in today. I had today designated as a rest day, but as antsy as I am feeling, I might go hike after work. I'd like to get through the claim process on this accident and move on. My daughter is doing well, just recovering now. But the financial part of it still looms. Anyway, I'll go back to spin tomorrow.

Kind of missing a lot of our friends from earlier. If you're just lurking right now, that's cool, but maybe just a quick hi?

lemonthyme 05-08-2018 07:10 PM

Diane: will insurance cover the bulk of her car or was someone else at fault? My plants - I just made My trough liners. I’ve had it w the birds stealing and pulling apart my cocoliners for birdsnest making them look horrid. I found something online and you make them out of landscape fabric. Since I sew no biggie. Went well and I now have 5 liners made. I have to cut plastic to put inside so things don’t dry out. Do you have in ground sprinklers? How nice if so! I have to walk around w my hose or put the sprinkler in but then I tend to forget it’s on and I haven’t bothered to purchase a timer thus far.

Hello all!

I have another NSV for today - I have been on point w calories and I’ve gotten 66oz water in and will try to get the other 33-66 before bed. I’m trying the NSV may seem dumb, but it’s help my focus today.

My dinner will be chicken sausage a huge amount of fresh and steamed veggies so that’s a good thing too. I’m trying that’s all!

Happy evening all. I will try to weigh in tomorrow and see where I am and what damage I’ve done with my willynilly ways of not following what I have needed to.

ubergirl 05-08-2018 08:15 PM

Lemon Congrats on completing your fast! That is such a good feeling! And it does feel great to get back on track. Regarding the weather, :D I know I should not gloat, but no, it's not hot. LA near the ocean really never gets too hot or too cold, and even when it's in the 80s, there's no humidity, so it doesn't really feel hot. Right now, it's about 75 and sunny. The bad thing is that I grew up here so I'm spoiled-- I don't like snow or extreme heat and I despise humidity.

Diane That is a big achievement to lose all the weight you gained. Hooray! I think that is just the hardest thing is relosing pounds that you've lost before (in my case multiple times! Ugh.)

Jen Hope you're doing well. Toasted You are hopefully on vacation.

So, I'm doing okay. Scale bounced back to 233, which is okay, I'm sort of sticking there right now. I've been a little antsy lately, not sure why... I usually feel this way when I end a new project. I've been doing lots of online window shopping and trying not to actually BUY stuff. :D

lemonthyme 05-09-2018 06:21 AM

99oz water

Ok so the scale is moving downward - btdt in this number but hey, I will take it.

Uber: so are you looking and making a list of new things to get yourself? Did you ever check your shoes? I have found that the 9s I have had in there last few years are now too big and my 8.5s are fitting lots better. Yeah! Hey - I’ll give you anything new to look at in your free time! Since your mom is with you do you do things together daily or is she still pretty independent even though she has vision issues?

Morning all!

AM: I’m moving and it’s still dark out. Me and the robins right now - I ad one singing to me so I said why not. I have some things to do before therapy today so thought maybe I could get some extra time in there being early. Will see or will see if I just sit here like I currently am.

I have my coffee but evidently it’s stronger than usual so maybe I wasn’t paying close attention as I scooped. Who knows. Do any of you turn to coffee if you are doing IF? I find I drink it to warm my belly and give me some go in the morning. What do most of start your days with or your eating window?

Ok, I am off to go melt here soon enough. If I can just see my numbers go downward I’m doing better than not. I have brunch on Sunday to go and I hope I can be mindful. They usually have a large salad bar and roasted chicken so maybe I can go that route. Anyone else partaking in moms day?

Happy day all! Smile at yourself as you go by your mirror! Your doing well!

jenjenangel027 05-09-2018 10:33 AM

Diane: So so sorry to hear about your daughter. I am glad she is doing better. That had to be SO scary. I had one VERY bad accident and I managed to come out with just a concussion. It is definitely a blessing to come out with no major injuries. And I am so happy for you and the 240s much deserved!!!! Do you think it was the logging issue?

Uber: Gas is always so expensive in California. I dread when we cross the border. I am glad you are doing well. I think 210 and 200 are a major milestone for me. Well for one I have been there in just about 10 years. But that is when I actually start feeling like I am getting somewhere with my weight.

Lemon: I am glad to see you are in the downward trend. That always feels nice. I have been slightly afraid to step on the scale from my bad weekend last weekend. And I tend to only lose every 10-14 days. We are having a BBQ at my moms house for Mother's day. My dad is doing the cooking. It should be fun. I am going to try and stick with steak and salad. I have been really trying to be good this week. I have even thrown in a couple 24 hour fasts to make up for my over indulging of last weekend.

Hello everyone else. We grew so big and then we shrunk!!! I am feeling about 75 percent better. I have been using CBD oil and CBD rub, taking long baths every night, using my pressure point massager on my neck and shoulders at night, getting in my water, getting in at least 7000 steps, and fasting a longer period (this has helped my IBS). I have also been mindful about taking my vitamin D, fish oil, and magnesium supplements. I have added some cranberry into that for my reoccurring UTIs. All in all I am feeling like I am doing better. I really think last weekend of over indulging put me into that flare. I was so tired of eating bland I lost control. So just being mindful of not going overboard.

Slashnl 05-09-2018 01:22 PM

Lemon: Well, that sounds pretty cool for the liners. I love birds, but boy they can make such a mess. Glad to hear that you are getting your mojo back. I think your NSV is perfect! It is too easy to dwell on scale issues, but there are good things happening in our lives that call for an NSV!!

Uber: Sounds like a little bit of paradise where you are! So, when do you start a new project? Just as it comes up or do you plan things in advance?

Jenni: Glad you are feeling better. I'm sure you were just so excited to have something that tastes better, that you jumped right in. Oh well! Lesson learned!! For me, I do think that more diligent logging has helped, and I also think that the stress from my daughter's accident gave me an extra push down. For the first time ever, I didn't feel like stress eating. I felt more like I had a big rock in my stomach. I was just so freaked out.

As for me, I had a bad food day yesterday. As much as I was not stress eating over the weekend, I kind of had a day of it yesterday. I am struggling with getting past the freaked out part. I think it will just take some time. A friend of mine at work told me yesterday to just not beat myself up for any excesses or bad choices, at least for one day. So, I took that to heart. Today, I am back on track and will be fine. I think that I probably shouldn't have taken a rest day yesterday, since I kind of need my workouts right now.

Anyway... I went to spin this morning and I definitely felt better. I have Body Pump tomorrow morning and then I might try to get a hike in after work too. I don't want to lose the 240's, and I'd love to start thinking about the 230's. But not yet.... :)

lemonthyme 05-09-2018 07:40 PM

Jen: a bbq sounds nice and since your dad is making it all he can help you out with your dieting ways I’d think! How’s DH recuperating? How long will he have to Take things slower or do they bring him right back up to snuff?

Diane: I’m sorry you are filled with worries. Hopefully it all settles easily and quickly and life gets moving again for you without these additions.

ubergirl 05-10-2018 02:11 AM

Lemon How nice that the scale is moving in the right direction! And good for you for being up with the robins. I'm not much of a morning person myself, but I love the idea of it! My oldest son is coming for Mother's Day, but I'm not sure what we are planning to do.

Jen Really glad to hear that you are doing better. Flares do not sound like fun! But so great that you have found things to manage. And yup, California is just insanely expensive. I'm really torn about staying here long term. I moved out to help out with my parents and then when my dad passed away, my mom was rattling around in her big old house and since she's blind, we just stayed on with her, but being that I'm a writer I can live anywhere and I'd love to live somewhere cheaper!

Diane I'm happy to see that you are settled well below 250! Good that you did not beat yourself up about an off day. I'm sure the aftermath of all that stress was a let down, and I think it's pretty normal to be out of sorts when the adrenaline starts to wear off. As for me, I always have the next project teed up before the last one is really done. Book publishing is really slow, so I usually finish a book a year to eighteen months before it hits the shelves, so I'm usually well into the next one by then. So, the one I just finished the last stages of editing is done, but I've already started research for the new one. That being said, I still kind of can't believe that I don't have to work a day job any more. I feel super lucky that I answer to no one but myself!

So, I had a pretty good day today, except really hungry all day, I don't know why. I was having a TON of trouble with heartburn for a while there and so I've been being really careful about what I eat-- basically, cutting out anything spicy or oily-- and I also took the NPs advice to take my omeprazole on an empty stomach as it would work better, and I've been really relieved that it has really helped! My weight still hanging out at 233 (after seeing 232 for a day) True confession-- I am STILL having trouble with mojo for the gym even though I paid for it. I'm trying to really motivate myself because my son and I are going to visit Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and I really want to be able to go on some nice hikes without getting exhausted, so I'm going to try to use that to motivate me.

lemonthyme 05-10-2018 07:06 AM

Morning!

I’m trying to not weigh daily and see if that helps my outlook. It’s a slippery slope for me because if I don’t weigh I creep up the scale. But I’m trying something a bit different.

Uber: how lucky for you that you found a fix to your issue w your med. and going on your trip sounds fab! Have you been there before? Sounds like a fantastic time for the both of you. Do you camp or do you stay at an old style lodge? I think a lodge would be interesting. In the summer is it just nutty busy? Or do you still feel like you are the last person in the park? Weve talked about a road trip but we think the kids have to get a bit older to appreciate it. Until then we’ll explore our state.

Diane: hope the stress and after stress worries have dropped for you. I agree w Uber - coming off the areemiline rush of worry is the WORST because as that leaves you get the what if’s and start a whole new way of your body responding in not so kind ways. The exercise will help you but beware the food because I know for myself that’s what grabs at me with its long fingers!

Jen: I hope you are feeling better today and can get that body out of flare! Does doing something low impact help that settle for you? A swim? Or even a hot tub sit? When my joints are yelling at me I find heat makes it feel better and sometimes a moister heat is the key. And the swim is just less stress on the joints all over the place.

Hello all - pop back in all you who are living life!

AM: watched the news this am and the men’s return from being held overseas. I can’t begin to fathom the thoughts going through their heads.

I woke w they birds singing again and came downstairs to bake - I’ll be trekking to my moms soon and I refill her freezer of sweet treats as she no longer bakes for herself and this gives her something good without it being from the store or bakery. I still have a few other things to make (cookies and sweet rolls) and of course the cake to travel with to celebrate. All temptations. Yesterday I had a sample of one of the breads and hit one of the bitter areas of a nut that shouldn’t have been there! Horrible! I swear I was eating something poisonous. Killed my need to put other things in my mouth during the day.

I have really been pushing vegetables for dinner - my family is noticing! However last night it had gotten cool and damp with rain and I just felt a bit of comfort food and warmth was needed so I made a spring risotto in the pressure cooker and added chicken to it when it was done. Oh was it good - but rice -not exactly diet friendly as I used arrobia but it did go over well with everyone even my quasi picky youngest.

I see we all are struggling w keep up the exercise - do you all harbor the same thoughts I have that it’s just a time eater w our days? That’s partly mine - I have lots to do and then when I see 45 mins for a walk as time where I could be sitting doing something else and in the end I have ended up online or watching the tv or just not what I had planned for that time! How do you get out of that thought process? It kind of reads we all struggle with that. Maybe there is something we can do to help each other out so we each get exercise on in daily.

So the day has begun and I best get into the day and deal with it. Happy day all!