3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   11 Regainers regaining control and relosing! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/315327-11-regainers-regaining-control-relosing.html)

jenjenangel027 05-04-2018 10:08 AM

Diane: I have had to learn patience too with this. My body doesn't work like many others where they lose every week if they are on track. It can take me 10-14 days to see a loss. I think sometimes I get so caught up in seeing others good progress I stop being patient and get frustrated. It's a huge cycle. Now that I am starting to see and identify it I can learn from it and process it to change my mindset. Thank you for the name of the prescription that helps. I'll also look at it over the counter. I am glad to hear you had a drop fingers crossed you see more with the logging and weighing!

Lemon: One day at a time. I try to really focus on that because losing weight is one of the hardest things I've done. I don't lose weekly as I was telling Diane so stuff like this can be frustrating! Kids and cleaning? I get home from work when my kids get home. It's homework and chores or they do not get TV, to go outside, other their tablets. Write out a chart for each day of what you expect them to do and let them know clear consequences if they don't follow them. That would be my piece of advice. I know I need the help or I would fall over by Wednesday! And take away what ever they love if they don't do it they learn fast!

Today is my Friday and I will be grocery shopping. Last night I came home with a migraine and tummy ache. Not sure if one had to do with the other. I have been feeling really hungry lately so this eating bland is getting hard! I may feel hungry then eat then I'm stuck with the miserable bloating and upset stomach! I hope this goes away!

ubergirl 05-04-2018 01:21 PM

Jenni My son and I are going to do a cross-country drive, starting by crossing Oregon into Idaho. I'm a writer, and it just happens that the new book I'm starting to work on involved a road trip, and so we are basically retracing the path. Fun! But not much of the trip is in Oregon-- we're just going to cross through the SE corner. As for the weight, I think you are doing AMAZING!!! It is really hard when the weight loss slows to the 1 pound a week range-- it's just harder to keep mentally on task without the constant hits of scale adrenaline, but at least in my case, I only lose fast until I get to a BMI of about 32 or 33 and then I just CRAWL. Hang in there! You are doing awesome!!!!!!

Lemon I think gardening sounds like tons of exercise. I swear I'm the laziest person. I sit and read all day! As for instruments, yes, all of mine played, but it only "took" with the youngest. He plays piano at home and sax in band. I'm not sure which instruments are good-- I think it's fine to let them pick what they are drawn to. My oldest really wanted to play drums and I pushed him into clarinet, which he didn't really take to, and he still tells me to this day that he wishes I had let him!

Diane You have got to see the 240s soon! It's inevitable, and I best once the scale starts moving, it will take a jump. That seems to be the stall-drop-stall pattern most of the time.

Toasted Have a wonderful and much deserved vacation!!!

So, on the scale front-- good news, as I dropped another pound to 233, so I'm officially on the lower end of the 230s now. I'm not doing anything differently, so there is no rhyme nor reason to why the scale is moving faster now, but I'm not complaining. When I see any number in the 220s I'm going to be SO HAPPY!!! Besides that, I finished a big book project that I had been working on for a while. That's always exciting, but leaves me feeling a bit at loose ends. Can't believe how fast summer is coming!

Slashnl 05-04-2018 01:33 PM

Lemon: Sometimes those underlying worries and issues can really take it out of you. It's hard to get too excited about stuff when you're having to think about it all. Hope you find a way to put it in the background! We got rain, too, but it is sunny today. I need to get some weeding done, so I hope it stays nice. It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend. Oh and for my hair, I'm not doing anything else right now. More of my natural color is growing out and I'd like to see what I have before I do anything else. And, quite honestly, I think I'd rather go longer!

Jenni: Hopefully you can get through the bland eating soon and get back to feeling normal!! We'll have to practice patience together! I'm like you, it kind of drives me crazy to watch others lose so much faster!! But, we'll keep plugging along.

As for me, I'm not to the 240's yet. I would love to see them by Monday, so I'm planning to be very diligent this weekend. It should be a warm weekend, so hiking is on the books. I couldn't go hiking last night because it was just pouring rain.

I went to spin this morning and I'll go to spin and do upper body weights tomorrow. I'm just anxious to be done with this week. We're making a few changes in the office, moving people around. Well, there are some that are not good with change, so it's causing anxiety, lots of chatter... I'm annoyed. :)

Have a good weekend!!!

Slashnl 05-04-2018 01:34 PM

Oh hey Uber!! We posted at the same time!

jenjenangel027 05-04-2018 04:44 PM

BTW Lemon gas is 2.99 here!

lemonthyme 05-04-2018 04:59 PM

Well I got some raking done but will wait until DH returns from work and we have to fill a dirt as I’ve got low spots. Then we’ll get new grass seed down and it’s done for a while. I still have the very back of the property to clean up and rake. It’s taking some time and I can only do as much as my hands allow.

Diet wise - wobbly.

Jen: goodgod don’t send me those prices it’s still 2.74 today here. Who needs that. Thanks for the idea on a job board. Sometimes the simplist things we forget about!

Uber: thanks for the instrument info. This kid is looking at what sounds she likes. The deep mellow seem to be up her alley but she’s have to segue into those and learn on the basic band ones. This district isn’t super adventurous with their offerings. Yeah for getting close to the 220s! I’m still in them!

Diane: if you grow it out longer are you keeping it straight or wAvy or what? I had a ton of split ends when I had gone in and because my hair was longer prior to appt it was quite Noticeable by me. Yeah for weekend hiking. Mine will be schlepping through the grocery store with my youngest tomorrow. Hopefully they are good to shop as some days it cn be hit or miss with them.

Am: sometimes the whole trying thing gets old. I hope w fresh produce that attitude gets better And the diet journey is good to go. Maybe this weekend I can work on my outlook with it.

Happy weekend all.

ubergirl 05-05-2018 12:00 AM

Just popping in to say I went clothes shopping today. Grrrr. I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but I've noticed that during the weight loss cycle I get thinner and thinner until I get fat again. What I mean to say is that as a person who has been only able to shop in plus department for most of the last 30 years, it's amazing to me when I start shrinking out of plus and wearing closer to the big end of normal... but then I start thinking that I look fatter wearing a regular XL top and size 16 jeans which I know is crazy, but in a way... it's like I'm either just this whole other dimension of fat, or I shrink down until I'm on the far fat end of normal, which makes me feel fat all over again.

Sheesh, complain, complain, uber. Good night all!

lemonthyme 05-05-2018 10:49 AM

Uber - there is a big difference with woman’s plus to kisses to juniors z- usually it’s about 2” in on each. I have found that as I segue into misses I like a tall length on ts covers more belly wise but I’m taller. And I’m guessing though you have stork legs maybe you are feeling muffin top? If so change the rise on your pant if you can. Maybe your one who the midrise isn’t working due to your apple shape - maybe more of a higher rise will be kinder until you shift down a bit and/or maybe a bit lower rise AND STAY AWAY FROM PLEATS AT THE WAIST. those darn things aren’t attractive on anyone. Play with them to see with what you have at home. I have a feeling that’s part of your issue in frustration. hadesbells (doesn’t have the same ring to it!) it also tends to be how generous they are with their sizing. I’ve come home from trying on dejected and sad too often in this journey. Your getting there!

Morning all!

AM: well took DH to his groups community service - pulled in turns the car off and couldn’t get I key out nor start the darn thing. The battery was low on juice the last oil change. Well we finally got it started after some running around and playing car tag w the other one. Only in the end for me to have to drop it off for a new one (don’t even get me started on how inept my DHs fixit skills are) and having to walk a mile back to get the other car as this one won’t be ready until afternoon. Alas I got some exercise in!

So I haven’t gotten my early morn shopping in nor have I a happy outlook to my day anymore as batteries aren’t cheap especially when they begin to eat into your future car replacement budget. Alas, I need to find happy and get on with it.

I didn’t weigh I think I’ll do that Monday. My allergies are full force and well, I think I’d still like to grumble. Off to water plants and also have some watermelon.

ubergirl 05-06-2018 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lomon It is really so cool that you know so much about clothing sizing from your sewing! I'm just kind of floundering around! I used to always wear the classic mom jean with a higher rise. The last time I bought jeans, I bought a 14W and a 16 misses and they fit about the same. I definitely have the problem that to get a nice fit through the legs and rear the pants then get muffin-toppy around the middle, which is why I usually prefer to size down in plus rather than size up in misses. But the thing that really surprised/confused me was that as a fat person, I never even looked around the regular section and so I had no idea how many clothes in the misses are as big/bigger than the clothes in the plus section. And the clothes in regular are cheaper. We're the same height. What weight are you at when you fit into a 14 or under (maybe you do already?)

Here's a pic of me from my last weight-loss rodeo. I still have those jeans, and I was about 210 in the picture, so another 20lbs lower from where I am now. Right now, I could never wear them with a shirt tucked in!

lemonthyme 05-06-2018 05:37 PM

Uber: sadly the last time I fit into 14s was in 1995 when I weighed 165. Sadness so that means 23 years flitting between 16s and 20w. My lowest in my 30s was 180 and then I was still a 16 misses. I think for you the best may be trying on all sorts. If you can do a nicer brand you will probably have better and truer sizing. As someone once told me, you are the only one seeing the size in your clothes. If a small size plus in pants fits you better, take advantage of those extra inches generally a bit more generous in the hips/thighs. You had kids - you may have had pelvic spread that contributes to the need for wider even though it sounds like you have trim legs. The rise up or down will help w muffin top. Some cuts I do better w a higher rise - but I’m generally an untucked top layered over or mid rise does fine lower then that - good god no! And another way around the muffin is your undergarments. When was the last time you replaced the undies? Yep even those can help (unless your one who is sans or thong). I know I’ve written a Jen too - she said she on her thin side was a 4/6 or somewhere in there. At 135 I was still a junior 11 but that was the 80s. I’ve never been single digit as an adult :( so I don’t have much to look forward to it seems from past weights.

I don’t know if any of this helps or confuses you more. I haven’t new shopped nicer brands in a decade for myself, so take it all worth a grain of salt and I M limited to Kohl’s/Walmart new with a few Eddie Bauer/old navy thrown in for my RTW choices (new) or what I can find at goodwill. Let’s just say with growing kids this mama is the last to shop for herself and by then the budget is tiny.

So I’d start w the foundation undergarments, and then try around w tops/bottoms. Check the tall length shirts - they aren’t tunics and they are usually trimmer waist to hips so not as much focus right at the belly area. Good luck shopping - do it w/ no expectations less you get down (my issue!) when things don’t fit. Good luck!

Am: I have to hop on the scale tomorrow. I’ve been off too long and in some ways it has helped w/ the daily grumbles and just being disgusted about how my journey is going. I haven’t been focused on any of this lately. I’ll just keep trying. I’m off to go mix up burger so DH can grill tonight for us - no buns tonight and the rest veggies. Maybe it will be helpful!

May the start of a new week be good for everyone.

ubergirl 05-06-2018 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonthyme (Post 5358060)
Uber: sadly the last time I fit into 14s was in 1995 when I weighed 165. Sadness so that means 23 years flitting between 16s and 20w. My lowest in my 30s was 180 and then I was still a 16 misses.

Ha! Well, one thing I know for sure is that sizes have gotten so much bigger since the 80s! I used to be a solid 14 and sometimes a 16 in high school when I weighed 150. Here is a pic of me wearing 14s-- I weighed over 200 at the time.

And as for the "shopping last" mom. :( I completely understand! We were really tight for money, especially when my oldest was younger, and now that I just have one left and I'm more successful in my work, I'm able to put my own needs first sometimes-- I honestly think that was one of the things that led to my struggle with obesity. I was constantly depriving myself of everything-- sleep, new clothes, getting my hair done, you name it, to squeeze out extra pennies for the kids-- and guess what little indulgence i never gave up? FOOD :D Still, I look back and think what was I supposed to do? You do what you have to do, and kids eventually grow up and support themselves! Hooray. :carrot:

lemonthyme 05-07-2018 05:41 AM

Uber: well you give me hope to maybe try a smaller size but today is not that day- in fact my scale was 230 but I was in pjs. But I ate this weekend. And during the week. I’ve just been frustrated with everything in life. I’m stressing over things I can’t control and as I age I become more of a worrier. Good grief! Well, I have maintained my haircuts as a mom maybe just not as frequently, but that I have to or I look like this :broc: anywho - see I think your photos show us taller folk can cheat our weight looking due to stretching out some. I have a longer torso, broad shoulders but would be described as a pear. Of course I had read there are like umpteen new ways to describe body shape. I’ve seen better articles but can’t find them instantly then the one I posted. I’ll post and go look.

Am: I guess though my weight is in free inflate (I can’t say free fall, it’s not doing that by far). If I allow myself to fast (I haven’t been), and quit worry snacking I would probably be ok. I know I can do this, I’m just not doing it. I have my tsh pulled next week and I think that’s fairly back to normal as my cycles the last two months are on task again and even like in the past. My only issue is that at some moments I feel neurotic about everything in my head and life in general. Ugh.

Today I hope to get a bit of planting done so they can spread out in their pots as they are Mother’s Day gifts. I got my beans planted this weekend and I need to get them covered less the super huge rabbits that Infiltrate my yard (they are
Like jackalope size!) decide it’s fresh salad as the new plants come on up. Sorry crazy animals go eat at someone else’s house not mine. I fed you when it blizzard so much.

I have to bake this week partly for my moms freezer for our upcoming visit. I have sewing and planting and of course the normal home stuff. I’ve already broken my fast because I’ve been up since 3 - can’t breathe, sore shoulder, lots of worries - out this old lady down type issues. ;)

Girls, I’m struggling mightily but will continue to post as it keeps me social when I’d rather just out a paper bag over my head so no one sees me. I’m sorry I’m not inspirational nor a great dieter and I’m a total re-gainer on my journey. I still have hope but today it’s more like sauerkraut hope then unicorns and sprinkly stars.

Happy start to your week. I’ll send you all :broc: to remind you to take a moment to tell yourself your doing good!

lemonthyme 05-07-2018 05:47 AM

This is the better descriptors on newer body shapes:

Trinny body shapes

jenjenangel027 05-07-2018 10:19 AM

Uber: OH FUN!!!!! Cross country as in all the way across the U.S.? That would be a blast! Those are the things I look forward to doing with my girls when they are older. I have done a couple cross country drives, it did involve moving which was not as fun because I couldn't take my time and see things. We are going to visit family in L.A. and surrounding area. I am thinking maybe Sea World or Universal Studios as a fun thing to do. We may prolong the Hawaii trip until spring. I want to get as much weight off as I can before then so I can really enjoy myself.....thinner would be nice anyways. Dressing rooms and me will have to wait until 210 or below. I am always disappointed coming out of them.

Diane: Well I paid for this weekend. I was so tired of bland I went off like a wild horse and ate, then paid for it. Why can't I just learn? And why is one thing not good enough? Uggg....

Lemon: Cheer up my friend. Life is full of downers and feelings that are not nice. I think we are our own horrible self-doubters. It is definitely hard and something I am struggling with too. Try and give yourself praise for the little things. I know it is hard!

I am trying to lift myself up. I am in a flare. My hands are swollen and I have had a headache for 5 days. My sister brought me some CBD oil and that seemed to get rid of the headache but I am still swollen and my hands hurt. I ate too....I was so tired of bland I ate and I didn't stop at one so now I am going to suffer the consequences of my body hating me. I am giving myself goals this week because I have never done that. I will drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, I will try and get in 7500 steps this week, I will try and lift light weights, and I will get in 1200 calories or less.

lemonthyme 05-07-2018 11:09 AM

Jen: I know your all hurty and I don’t want to give you information that would counteract what all your on - would using magnesium oil help too? I have found strangely it settles an awful lot of inflammation fairly quickly. If you use in conjunction with vitamin d (helps process) your body can help repair (not from your AI, but maybe some of the secondary pain). Your goals are admirable. I haven’t quite gotten mine out there for the week. I think part of my inflate besides celebrating cinco de mayo (is DH and I had a date!) nacho plate we split but I also had sodas and that darn crap makes my scale inflate. I can be my own worse enemy.

Hello all!

Am: well, though I have no goals this week to hit, I have made a home to do list for the week and most of my items for today are about done. So I can really attack a list if I like to! Grrrr.

My child was petting my mils cats this weekend and they are in shed. This child’s clothes were full of fur and this mama has allergies due to. I called DH and said you are washing these I feel wheezy and coughing and my eyes are miserable and I’m already taking Allegra for spring allergies. Good lord - I think I’d do best in a hermetically sealed bubble plus side - ITD KEEP ME AWAY FROM FOOD!

Wishing you all well and success this week. My small thought is to at least loose one lb, the same one I’m sure over and over, but maybe I can turn one into two and so forth.

I’m off to slay something. Whatever it is I hope to be successful!