Old 02-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #61  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Bookmark: for you. Where are you spending holiday?

Amanda: The struggle is real. No envy here.

Nici: Good for you getting back down! Hopefully it'll stay moving in the right direction. Ya know, I tried WW for a season in my life and I never lost 1 oz. I'm pretty sure I was doing it WRONG

Diane: I wish the gym I am a member of offered Les Mills, but it is just a meathead & "daters" gym. In the summer, all the frats and frat wannabees will bring their GF of choice and offer them all the WRONG guidance on "working out". It makes for a good/cheap movie while I work out.

Last edited by K9Owner; 02-23-2016 at 01:37 AM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #62  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

February has been a good non typical month for me.
Down to 80.4kg with 81kg as an average.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #63  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, back to Monday. The weekend wasn't great.... Lots of stuff going on, no workouts, and not great eating. There have been a few people struggling with this where I work, so we all are banding together today to get us all back on track. I'm updating my weight, and it isn't great, but it is a new starting point. I went to spin this morning and it was tough. I think part of it was because of a little bloating from the weekend. In addition to not great food choices, my trip into menopause isn't happening quickly and got an early surprise with an early TOM. Whatever.... Moving on.

noshoes: Congrats on the loss.

K9owner: Haha about the gym entertainment. I see a lot of that when I run after work. It makes me laugh to see the difference between the crowd in the mornings and the after 5:00 crowd. Funny stuff.

Bookmark: Yeah, I agree on the 230 mark. Unfortunately, I had broken through and gone below 220, but let it slip back up. I just need to buckle down and get it done. Sorry your whole weekend wasn't great. It is so hard!!!!!

Nici: Glad you made it back to 220's. I'll try to catch up! I need to get going on those stairs. You've inspired me to do that today!

Dread: I'm sure that it makes a huge difference for you with all of the exercise you are getting, just with work! Good for you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Thanks, Slashl. I did that a few times ..I was back an forth between 230 and 215 for quite a while. Now I fear I'll be back and forthing between 215 and 195...which is better, but still ****. The back and forthing is awful. I am really starting to worry about my poor body and the wear and tear I put it through. Sigh. I would really like to be just...steadily healthy.

I think I need to commit to taking a month off junk foods (for me this means chips and candy, mostly) and see how my body feels. Stop the reasonable snack size option because I'm not staying within those agreed terms, really. Some days I am, but then the next day it's just a little more. And then it's way too much. Do I really need it, after all? No...I don't even like it all that much when I'm not in the habit of scarfing it. :/

Today was a wash. Lots of munching. No gym. I'm feeling a bit ill, probably over all the junk food I ate this weekend. But I'm out of money until Friday, all the junk is out of my house and I think I'll leave my cards at work over the weekend. So...onward again. Yay. >.<
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #65  
Diane

Grumpy day today for me. Our power went out last night, for about 4 hours. Which is ok, but when they came back on, at 1:00am, I saw "11:00". So, I set my clock incorrectly, so I woke up late. So, no gym. Makes me cranky. I'll go run tonight so I don't go home grumpy, too. Irritable as heck right now.

Bookmark: I agree with you, I also worry about what happens to your body when you go up and down in weight like I have. ugh. I also have the problem of little snacks turning into more over time. It is hard to regulate sometimes....... Don't you wish we could snap our fingers and be at a good weight so that we could actually just maintain? Too bad we don't get that option.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Grumpy day today for me. Our power went out last night, for about 4 hours. Which is ok, but when they came back on, at 1:00am, I saw "11:00". So, I set my clock incorrectly, so I woke up late. So, no gym. Makes me cranky. I'll go run tonight so I don't go home grumpy, too. Irritable as heck right now.

Bookmark: I agree with you, I also worry about what happens to your body when you go up and down in weight like I have. ugh. I also have the problem of little snacks turning into more over time. It is hard to regulate sometimes....... Don't you wish we could snap our fingers and be at a good weight so that we could actually just maintain? Too bad we don't get that option.
I wish that often :/ Sorry you had a grumpy day. I had a crap one, myself. Work was bonkers and I did not cope well. Dug into my overdraft on the way home to restock on junk food and I feel so stupid and disappointed in myself. I can't seem to get back on track. Having a hard time feeling optimistic tonight.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #67  
~Krystal~

Diane: Sorry about your power situation. Grumpy days are no fun.

Nici: I'm in the "Weighing Once A Week" boat too. Why ruin a potentially good week with a scale #??

Bookmark: Discipline is not easy to incorporate, but it IS possible. How bad do you want it? What are you willing to sacrifice to reach your goals? Is the comfort of eating more important than reaching your goals? You DO get to choose. Are you in control, or is food controlling you?
Old 02-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #68  
Diane

Doing better today, not quite so grumpy. I think that getting out of my routine just doesn't work well for me. I went running last night after work and it was really pretty good. My husband said that maybe I was just really rested after missing the morning workout. It was good that it went well because I would have really been over the edge if it didn't go well. Ha!

I went to spin this morning, so that was good. I was not on plan yesterday with food, so just an overall not so great day. I've started out well so far today, and I'll try to keep it in control.

K9Owner: Good to see you!

Bookmark: Ugh! Gotta hate having the rough days. I hope today is going better for you!

Nici: I have trouble with the evening meal. I do well during the day and then I feel pretty hungry at night.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #69  
Diane

Went to Body Pump this morning. It seemed really tough today. I guess maybe because I didn't go on Tuesday. Anyway, it was good, but definitely had the shaky legs after the class. I'm planning to go running after work.

Nici: I'll bet you are getting so strong from your stair work!! I have to admit that I haven't even started working on it. I think it is really hard to make progress on the stairs, so I am impressed with you!!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #70  
Diane

Happy to report that I made it running after work last night. It went well, but I was pretty stiff afterward. I did a lot of stretching, but I think the body pump class earlier in the day had left me a little stiff and sore. I went to spin class this morning. I felt kind of tired in my legs, but made it through. I did well with food yesterday, so I've had a few good days in a row now. But here we are at the weekend. It is our anniversary (29 years!), so we'll be going out to eat. I will splurge a little, but I'm going to try to keep the rest of the weekend under control.

Nici: Yeah, I think that lowering fat does slow some things down. I don't know what the answer is on that. Tough call! Way to go on the stairs!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!! Check in and tell us how it is going!!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:34 AM   #71  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Happy Anniversary Slashnl!!

Been a good month, so unusual. Healthy weight for me. Not sure if it was adding fat and protein to more meals or HIIT style training, possibly both.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:15 AM   #72  
~Krystal~

Nici: Awesome Job taking the stairs I admit I am bad about NOT doing this when I can at work.

Diane: Happy Anniversary

Noshoes: Hi there!
Old 02-29-2016, 05:18 AM   #73  
~Krystal~

Morning friends I know it seems as though I abandoned this thread. I apologize for that.
I am still on a natural high over the events that seemed forever to take to get here came to fruition VERY quickly. I finally have a new career!

I haven't lost a single pound this month. It's from poor choices in food and hormones. I'm hoping once I get on a regular schedule, I can begin making consistent positive changes in eating and exercise.

If I never told you all or you didn't catch on, I am a full time RN, but I have been labeled "prn" (as needed) staff since 2006. I have been a nurse for 12 yrs. In December 2013, I took a position which allowed me to travel and educate physicians and surgeons in an electronic health record. I LOVED the job, but the hours were brutal.

I stopped eating good things and stopped exercising, b/c I lived from 1 hotel to the next and worked from sunrise to sunset. I have re-gained 20 lbs from this, going back to school online, obtaining another degree, and not getting back to work on myself since last May when the job was over.

I graduated (again) in July '15, and have been actively seeking another position in our company. I applied October 20 in education, but the manager felt as though my informatics skills were stronger than my education skills (although I am very qualified for either). When an informatics position came up on our campus, I applied and it has taken 3 weeks to get it b/c of corporate negotiations.

I begin this new journey Monday at 8am. I have NEVER had a desk job in my life. I used to work M-F 8-5 when I owned a wallpaper company, but that has been many yrs ago. I have been on nights/evenings/weekends/holidays for 10yrs.

This will be a stressful transition back to "normal", whatever that means!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #74  
Diane

Hi all. Well, not too bad of a weekend for me food wise. Wasn't perfect, but not horrible either. I'm down a little bit on the scale this morning. It was better on Saturday, so I think yesterday put me back up a little. Oh well!

Went to Spin this morning.

K9Owner: Wow, you have had a lot going on! Hopefully, things will settle down for you now, and you can get back on track with everything! Congratulations on the new job!!!

noshoes: Glad you had a good month!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #75  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Hey, everyone! Quick update: still working a lot, always sore and tired, and I'm adopting a kitten today. Also: working as a new nurse means some serious body progress.

That's all...hope everyone is well!.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote