Old 01-29-2016, 12:10 AM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Default 07 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

Hello, everyone! Starting up this new thread since the old one went over the 500 post mark. This thread is for anyone and everyone who has battled the yo-yo weight loss/gain/loss scenario! We're here for some support and comraderie in our journey to lose weight and live our healthiest lives (along with some chit-chat mixed in lol). Please feel free to jump in with us at any time!

Last edited by DreadPiratePanda; 01-29-2016 at 12:11 AM.
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:20 AM   #2  
Amanda

Now! As for my own quick update: I got a nursing job and tomorrow is my first day!!!!!! Eeeeeeek, I'm so nervous!

Noshoes: welcome! Believe me, we're right there with you!

Nici: that's fantastic!!!

Laurie: it's the circle of life LOL. Sustainable changes, girl! It's all about finding ways to make it a normal part of the day!

Slash: I love the support here! And your running will build up, just keep trucking along at it

Bookmark: something is always better than nothing! I'm worried about the arm skin flaps too

Angie: Hope your first day went well!
Old 01-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

NEW THREAD! Thank you, Amanda, for keeping us honest.

Diane - That whole keeping on keeping on thing. That is what I always find so incredible about you. You are right that there is no good alternative. (If you want to know about the not-good alternatives, I may have experience there. ;-)

Bookmark - It seems like each new day has its challenges, but yesterday was a reasonably good day. So glad to hear you forced your back out. If your weather is like mine, the cold would have made it doubly challenging. If your challenge for today is having too much cash to burn, please feel free to send it my way. Anything to help you out.

Angie - First days on plan are always so exciting! And can be so challenging! I can't wait to hear about your first-day success.

Amanda - You are a baby nurse! That's so, so exciting! I so often still feel like I'm playing at being a lawyer, and I've been licensed for 3.5 years now. You are going to be a fantastic nurse. I can't wait to hear about it.

I have nothing on my calendar today except for a single meeting. I have an overwhelming amount of work to do, but no hard deadlines. So, if I can just focus and get. stuff. done., I can bust out to the gym this afternoon right after this 1;30 meeting. Assuming that the meeting does not go too long.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 01-29-2016 at 10:39 AM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, running was better last night. I made my time goal, so that's good. I don't really like doing it two days in a row, but I wanted to make sure I got in 2 days. And Fridays aren't a great day to me to be running. Went to spin this morning and it was a little challenging. I think that because of the running 2 days in a row, my legs are a little tired. The instructor is a man about my age. He was saying that he wanted to let us know how much we inspire him in his fitness goals. He recently lost a little more weight so that he is finally in the "normal" weight on his BMI. The things he said were really great and he said that he feels like we push him as much as he pushes us, so we'll all keep improving together. Love that guy! He's so helpful.

I find it difficult to bounce back and forth from one thread to the other, so not a lot of shout outs today.

Dread: Congrats and good luck with the new job! You'll do great!

Laurie: Hope you have a productive day! I'm shooting for the same with my work!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Hello everyone!

I had my first check in today and even though I haven’t really started the plan, I lost 1lb just trying to stick a little closer to it. Tomorrow I’ll get more groceries, including things specifically needed or allowed on my new plan.

Laurie – It’s going to be hard for sure for the first few days (or weeks!)…my last plan was low carb, but it had lots of protein, this one has less and I’m sure I’ll struggle with hunger and cravings for a while.

DreadPiratePanda – Congratulations on the new job! Day 1 was not 100%, but I did okay…still need to do some shopping and I’m trying to use up stuff we already had.

Bookmark – Wonderful that you pushed and did that exercise! What made you do it, do you think about something specifically to push yourself? I need a key thought or two to help me when I impulsively gravitate to some off plan food.

Nici – Exactly my plan! I want to have a healthy fit body for my next vacation  Wow, great job on the bike and weights today!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

I don't know, Angie. Wish I had the magic formula....I got home. I did not feel like going. I ate something, and then waited a little while. Feeling satisfied but not like I've overdone it can help, I find, with evening out my feelings and such. That probably made it easier to make a rational decision...and then, telling myself that I only had to do something simple, like ride the bike, and include something I would enjoy, reading...lots of little bits help. I didn't fully feel like being there until I was actually there and changed.

Today was about as I anticipated. It's not that I have spare money, LaurieDawn..I wish. I've wasted so much on junk food this month that I've completely blown my budget and nearly demolished my savings (trying desperately to save up for a trip this Summer, and was on the right track until January hit:/) Oh well. Onward and upwards.

I've sat down this evening and set out a new budget (a bit scarily tight, but it's only six months) and inventoried my fridge and pantry so I can plan out healthy meals with what I have before having to go near a grocery store. I'm committed to work, gym, home and nothing else for a while...for better or worse...it should put me back on track anyway.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #7  
It's mine for the taking

Today is full day one of my plan -- I got my groceries and planned some things. Even with not being 100% on it yesterday i was still down 2lbs today, so I'm pretty pumped about that.

Since my diet is pretty restrictive and portions are small, I'm trying to make sure that what I do eat tastes amazing. I have a few things marinating in the fridge now...I'll cook them all later and then portion them out.

Bookmark -- Me too! If I had that answer I'd be in better shape than I am today. I have my own tricks and I like to ask others what they do for when my own aren't working. I confess I don't exercise much, but when I am tempted to eat off plan sometimes I make myself do something else first, like brush my teeth, or take the dogs for a walk...and then I tell myself I'll see how I feel after that.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:23 PM   #8  
Amanda

So. Exhausted. Being a nurse is exactly as exhausting as I thought it was, and I was only shadowing today. Tomorrow will be my turn to do everything while she watches me and does some skills check off. I also ate horribly but I def don't care. In fact, I'm positive my weight is gonna be going down at the end of this week of training, just from sheer force of staying on my feet all day every day.

I don't have it in me to respond to everyone tonight. Just letting y'all know I'm not dead and I only cried once on my first day on the floor (I accidentally got hand sanitizer in my eye LOL).
Old 01-31-2016, 02:43 PM   #9  
Diane

Hey all. Just a quick check in. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!
Old 01-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #10  

Thanks so much Nici and Angie. I'm having a brutal time at the moment, but I'm fighting to pick myself up and the kindness people are sharing on here is lovely.

Today had been a teeeensy bit better than yesterday, which is something. Hopefully the month turn over and monday will make it easier for tomorrow to be a bigger bit better
Old 01-31-2016, 07:08 PM   #11  
It's mine for the taking

Just a small .2 loss for me today, which is pretty understandable after a first few great days. I'll have an official weigh in tomorrow (every M/W/F)

Nici -- Great idea, to turn off all the distractions and focus on what you are eating! Thank you, I'm enjoying the bigger losses while I can...I know plateaus will come sooner or later. I love your attitude about that, it's not always easy to find that perspective.

Bookmark -- That is why I always come back to this site when I'm trying to lose weight...there is always valuable support and advice, or inspiration here.

DreadPirate -- Congratulations on day one of your new job, can't wait to hear how you do at weigh in after such a busy week!
Old 02-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #12  
Diane

Went to spin this morning. It was really snowy here and I almost didn't go. Glad I went. It was good to get back to it after not doing any workouts over the weekend. Not a great weigh in, so not talking about that today. I'll go to Body Pump tomorrow and run after work. That's the plan.

Still struggling with food plan, but today is a new day and I'm trying to recommit on that issue. I really don't even know what to say about it. Just a big struggle for some reason.

Angie: Hey, .2 is awesome as long as you are still losing!

Bookmark: I get it. Sometimes it is just a struggle. Hope Monday has been better for you!!

Nici: It is tough when that why bother attitude rears it's ugly head. I hope you're doing better and squashing that voice!! It seems like a lot of us are in the struggle mode.

Dread: I'm sure you're getting lots of exercise just learning your new job! Good for you!
Old 02-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

ARGH! I have had this open for over 4 hours, and can't seem to make it through all the great responses. Distractions. Job. Y'know how it goes. Going to try to read and respond later, but for now, I will just say -

I'm here. I love you guys! I love our group!

Onederland in 2016!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 02-01-2016 at 03:16 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #14  

Nici Well done battling the "why bothers" and staying on track!

Today was much MUCH better. Busy, challenging but satisfying time at work; low calorie range all day and a healthy dinner cooking; generally not feeling SUPER cravey, although I've had a few moments...back in the early days blahs, but not absolutely miserable or compulsive, so I'm happy to be even here...which is boosting my mood to like..blah-plus. :P
Old 02-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #15  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

I'm currently doing c25km for a third time. I find it helps my fitness and my weight loss. So much faster than the last times I did it. Might even do 5km in under 30 minutes one day.

I'm thinking I need to implement a rest day - I'm so tired and I know its not good for the long term.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote