Old 02-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #46  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, gals! Just popping in to say hi. I totally relate to depriving myself of sugar, salt, fried stuff, etc...trying to eat clean and exercise - only to have the scale refuse to cooperate. Hate that I am trying to lose weight I already lost before. I'm mad at myself today.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Phew. Finally had a good day again. I was starting to feel pretty desperate. Hit about 1250 calories of quality nutrient dense foods and got back to the gym today, even though I didn't want to. Feeling a bit better.

Guacamole - I really relate to being frustrated by losing weight you've lost before. That's how I feel at the moment too. Grr. I don't even want to get on the scale right now. My ticker is just over ten pounds up from where I was during the holidays, which would be bad enough but I'm sure I've packed on another ten or nearly in the past week+. Exhausting.

But I'm hoping I'm turning myself around from today.

Last edited by Bookmark; 02-15-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #48  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I had the day off yesterday, and I just didn't get on the computer. I did go to spin class yesterday morning. It was really nice to be able to just go, do the class, and then go home. All I had to carry was my water bottle. Typically, I have a gym bag and my clothes for work, so I feel like I'm packing along my whole house every day. Ha!

Today I went to Body Pump, and the plan is to go run after work. I need to go today. I have been getting tired of being on the treadmill, so I haven't wanted to go. But, I don't want to lose all progress. It won't be that much longer and I'll be able to be outside. I like that much better. Food has been a little off, but I'm still trying to get that back in line. Day by day....

Bookmark: That's all we can do is to keep trying! Glad you had a good day!

Guacamole: Yep, I totally get what you are saying, too. It is frustrating! Wish we didn't need a regainer/relosing thread!

K9Owner: No, I don't have a fitbit. I'm not that great at running right now. I was doing much more, but still trying to get back to where I was before. Hopefully moving outside soon will make it better!!

merowi2: Ugh! It is hard enough to keep going, but then you have the extra medical issue. Hang in there!

noshoes: Glad it is going well for you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 PM   #49  

Another good day. More relief. I stayed within a good calorie range and had another good work out - arms are a bit wobbly as it was upper body and cardio, but it's in a good way. I feel that if I can get over the hump of the weekend without slipping into poor food habits, I will have my feet properly under myself, so that's my current goal.

What is body pump? People seem to mention it a lot. I'm assuming it's a class of some sort.

Well done for doing two workouts a day, Slashnl, that's commitment. I've noticed you mentioning that before. There's no way I could do that in the Winter.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #50  
Diane

Had a fantastic day yesterday. Everything clicked and went the way that it should. I went running after work and even though I knew it would be a little rough since I had skipped some running days, I felt great. I decided to run some and then I went to walking at a high incline. That's kind of fun to do something different. It makes my butt and hamstrings sore, but I think it works well. Yesterday was just a good day for being on plan for food, too. I stayed well under my calorie goal and it didn't seem like a struggle. Honestly, I'm wondering if it is because the weather has finally been so much better/warmer. I get so tired of winter and cold weather and I think it zaps my resolve and energy. Anyway, went to spin this morning, and it was a good workout.

Bookmark: Good for you for having some good days of exercise and food!! Body Pump is a "Les Mills" class that I take through Gold's Gym. It is a strength class with weights, but it also incorporates cardio by keeping the workout moving along. Not a heavy lifting class, more repetitions with lower weights. You still try to increase your weights, but it isn't like max lifting. Thanks for the good words about my workouts. I only have the second workout when I want to get in some running, or when I'm adding Body Flow (a yoga/Pilates/tai chi class) on Saturdays.

Nici: So, do you have to go back about your foot, since it is still not great? That's too bad that you are without a kitchen and good exercise equipment for a while. Hope it gets better for you!
Old 02-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #51  

Thanks for the encouragement, Nici. Sorry you're having a bit of a rough time. If you're managing to maintain healthy habits despite gaining I think that's really positive.

Today has been alright. Didn't get to the gym and ate at the top end of my calorie range, but within it so that's ok.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #52  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Bookmark: Weekends seem to be hard on many of us. Keep on keeping on! Good job staying within cals. I looked back over my MFP cals for the last 2 weeks and many days were over 2000 cals, which is why my scale will not budge. I have to re-learn: "You can't exercise enough and make poor food choices".

Nici: Praying for a speedy recovery for your toe. Injury SUX!

Slashnl: Great job on the workout!! Keep going!!

Hi to everyone else

I've had a decent couple of days. I've been to the gym to lift and run 2 days this week and even managed a Zumba class + work!! I am feeling so much better. Now, if my scale would cooperate, I'd be in business. Fewer cals, fewer cals. I'm still eating too much, but I'll get to where I don't feel like I need as many cals. It's always like this in the beginning, because I have eaten whatever I wanted for the past couple of yrs. I seriously never thought I'd be going through this a 4th time, but here I am! Bring on the chicken and broccoli
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #53  
Diane

Went to Body Pump this morning and I am planning to go run after work. I didn't have as great of a day yesterday with food plan, but it was still pretty good. I went out with my daughter and her boyfriend for lunch, so that made it more difficult. If I have my lunch that I bring from home, I do much better. Too many bad temptations at restaurants!!

Nici: I'm sure it is hard to be patient, waiting for your toe to heal. But it sounds like you didn't do much damage with your weight, so that's good!!

K9owner: Yeah, it is difficult to retrain your brain to remember that you don't need as much food as you've been eating! I'm still trying to get that under control after a less than stellar holiday season!! Good job on the exercise though!

Bookmark: Doesn't sound like an overly horrible day yesterday, so hope today is even better!!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #54  

Nope, yesterday was reasonable...I'm just wary. I think I need to limit snacking during the day, when I'm integrating the odd treat. I do better if I eat healthily all day and have my one snack after dinner or just after I get home, rather than earlier...it seems to open me up for more ongoing snacking if I have one during the day.

Today was good. Mid-range calorie, good gyming. I braved the scale this morning and am back up to 213, but I suspected much worse than a 5 pound gain after a week of ongoing binging. I'm feeling pretty ok with it. And I'm getting over my resentment of myself for my January lapse. I'm still lower than I have been for most of the last decade, and only a stone's throw from 200 again. So is all ok.

Well done for still rocking the workouts.

I'm glad you're feeling some scale relief, Nici!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #55  
Diane

Ok, didn't go run last night. I just wasn't feeling up to it after having a very long day yesterday. But, went back to spin this morning. Good workout as usual. My legs feel a little tired today after it. We did a lot of high speed stuff today and that sometimes makes me wear out more than the lower speed, high resistance. Planning on going to body pump and body flow tomorrow.

Bookmark: Glad you feel ok with where you are with the scale. Sometimes we overreact to what the scale is showing, and it can knock us way off track. We need to take it in stride sometimes and just keep going! So, well done!!

Nici: Good job on the stairs. I need to get some stair walking in soon. I am working toward tackling the Manitou Incline, which is a crazy amount of stairs, so I need to get going on that. You and I are in similar places with trying to get back into the 20's. I hope to get back there soon.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #56  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Hey, everyone! Sorry for kind of dropping off the face of the earth...I'm glad to see more new people in this thread, though! Work has been kind of tough (intense learning curve for being on my own during shifts now), and I've been working long hours most days. Haven't really been trying at all on the weight loss front, but I can feel my body changing. I'm on my feet ALL THE TIME and constantly walking up and down hallways and lifting/moving lots of people who can't help at all or very little (dead weight is so much heavier!). My back and arm muscles are always sore now, and I can feel my legs getting firmer and stronger.

I'll start posting more often soon, I promise! Almost settled in and then I'll be back to weight loss efforts full force again
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #57  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm still here and moving along. I work this weekend, so not much time for personals and such. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #58  

Sounds like hardwork, but really positive stuff, DreadPiratePanda.

Slashnl and Nici, I've just noticed you're both around the same place in your weight loss right now. I hope you don't feel like I'm rubbing it in that I'm a bit further (pounds wise) when I say that I remember 230 as being a really tough, really sort of borderline weight for me. It took me a while to shift past it and keep past it, but getting consistently into the 20s felt like I'd sort of leveled up and it was one of the times I've felt most successful and positive and sort of like goal was actually in sight, finally. I hope it's just as wonderful for you two. You're so close! Keep up the killer work.

I had a good day today, and I'm extra pleased because it's Friday and Friday has been my fail day so far in 2016 - the day I have "just that one indulgent evening" which spirals me into a week of suck. Not so today! HA! Take that, Friday! I got to the gym, even though I had a late meeting and a stressful day. I ate right at the low end of my calorie range. And I feel like tomorrow is going to be ok. I've said that if I get through the weekend I will feel like my feet are back under me again, and I can see that becoming a reality.

I will get up and gym tomorrow, before getting ready for an appointment in the afternoon. I will also gym on Sunday. The rest of the time can be chill time, but I'm planning regular meals to stave off snacking. I don't want to say that I can't wait until Monday (because that would be nuts) but I will feel relieved and pleased with myself when/if I get there without slipping up.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #59  

Welllllllllllll poop. At least Friday was good :/ And I got to the gym today, which was good. Food has just been pretty crap. Partly because I was rejected for a loan and was moping, but I think I was looking for an excuse. Sigh. Tomorrow can still be good.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #60  

Bah I'm so tragic. Spent all day on the couch eating heaps of junk food. So much for getting through the weekend. It's so frustrating. I go to bed so determined and then wake up and decide "ah well"

I am, at least, confident that the weekdays should go well this week :/ And I've bought a plane ticket for my Summer holiday so I have something to work for. I really want to be stable at my goal weight by then. So I'd better suck it up and do what needs doing.