Old 01-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Just quick - one of my LOs is at the hospital w/a broken arm - DH took them in and is with them while I am home w/the other one. ARGH. It's always something at this house!

Went to Goodwill today for some clothes trying on - HEY I finally fit into 18s off their rack w/o being disappointed. I now own two new pairs, once spring arrives, they are a bit more for then, but one of them will work now - skinny green jeans. And they look good! It was kind of a pick me up - usually I try on clothes and just get really disappointed because something doesn't work. Today, I only turned back 3 of the 8 items I tried on. Sure, still a long way to go, but I was happy that my 25 lbs off allows me to shrink a bit on the rack.

I will do personals tomorrow when time permits. My best to you all. We are entering the deep freeze overnight, -35° windchill from midnight through tomorrow. Guess what family is laying low and staying in the house? Yep. Happy winter!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:20 AM   #32  

Argh! So hate TOM and what it does to my diet. I haven't learned better to deal with the sweet tooth. My scale is back up. So before Thursday I have my work cut out for me to see if I can get back down to my 230. How do you ladies deal w/the sweet tooth or whatever it is you crave during that time? I am trying my best but evidently that's not good and I usually don't get a woosh of pounds off afterwards. I am a bit perplexed, but what's new. I saw this happen last month as well, but I was a bit more generous w/my foods due to Christmas and all the traveling/visiting.

Any who, aim to beat it back and get into the 220s. I can do this right? I am on a bit shaky ground in that affirmation this morning. Today the diet world in my eyes is sideways.

Freezing here - if weight could just melt off w/shivers I'd be thin! It's -12° w/a windchill of -35° so schools are closed or delayed today in the state. Most kids bus into their schools less the really populated areas of the state but when the big districts start to close you know it's cold! I am ready for spring and all it offers. Heres hoping it gets here too

Oh and I got myself a small gift for my 25 lbs - in the winter I have the most horrendous heels as I am generally barefoot (well socks right now). So my heels take a beating and get gnarly. I got myself a heel smoother - not a battery one, but one w/a cord so here's hoping it gets here today, I prefer a happy feeling foot then the old cacti feeling one I have right now. Have any of you gotten a small gift? I thought I deserved something to keep the body in the right light of good.

Happy day to you all! May your pounds fall off. Weigh in Thursday morning! Then we can assess and see if there is another 5 lb challenge in there somewhere.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Lt: a broken arm?!? What a pain!!!! I know how you feel with the discouragement. I haven't lost much or quickly in quite awhile even though I've been good on my food and exercise. We just have to keep on keeping on, I think!

Weighed again and the 202.4 was a fluke - now 203.6, which makes more sense. We will see if I can lose another 2 lbs by Thursday! Can't say it seems likely, but you never know, right?

Frigid here too. Tired of winter and it's barely begun! Miss being able to send the kids outside without the rigamroll of appropriate coats gloves hats boots etc etc.

Hope you all have a happy Monday!!
pictureframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Lemon, sorry about the arm and hope your little one feels better very soon! If he is like other little boys I knew, he probably thinks the cast is way cool, haha. I can't believe how cold it is there, wow! I've been complaining about nights in the 30's and then you tell me it feels like -30 there? I can't even imagine!
As far as TOM goes, it is still really hard for me, too. My cravings are way out of whack that week. Maybe just try to stay really busy? Just keep trying, and you will get the weight going back down. Good for you for buying yourself a gift! And I love that it is one that will make you feel good about your body (who doesn't want nice feet?). I bought myself a cute little ring to celebrate 50 pounds gone. It's a lotus flower and symbolizes new beginnings.

Picture frame, you're right, just keep going! That 202 wasn't a fluke, that's just how weight works (which I never knew before because I never weighed). I have been seeing no scale movement, but I noticed my collarbones so I knew something was changing, and today I woke up 3 pounds less! Just keep going and you will see some scale movement eventually.

As for me, now I am grateful that it's not freezing here, haha. Thanks for the perspective, guys, lol. I finally got a nice drop so I'm feeling better about everything now. Hopefully this will be a great week for everyone! Happy MLK Day!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #35  

Well the scale wasn't as bad as I thought w/the original hop on (forgot to go to the bath! Hah, that's what happens when you have to dress an independent child, get breakfast and your own self moving!). Hopped on after breakfast after all - weight is up, but not what I saw first thing. So that is good. I think it's doable. Will I hit 227.4? I sure like to think I could, but I would be optimistic to be at 230 again.

Les: No cast yet - still in immobilizing sling. We will see ortho this week. But yes the sling is all the rage today and can't wait to show it off at school. Had I known it'd be this exciting I would have picked one up w/the school clothes! Good for you on the three down! Fantastic! And it's nice you got yourself a ring. Keep up the good work. Yes, I can't wait for smooth heels. Yes, I have a manual pumice, but who the heck likes to sit there forever and keep going over the same spot. This one is electric so I am hoping it does the work quickly. Oh - and I'd be more than happy to send you my cold weather. However I don't think the orange groves would like it. It's nasty out here.

Picture: I am so ready for spring as our my kids. They hate the layering, the boots especially, they are always so heavy and so clunky. But you need them heavy to live/play and wait for the bus up here. We're dealing ok w/the arm. She's a trooper thus far, not really complaining, but she's been home all weekend since it happened and school presents different challenges. I had emailed all that work w/her so everyone knows how she is coming in today. Oh the weight will move, I just need to give it a swift kick and get it going.

AM: I have free time this am, well I should be cleaning and picking up. So I'd rather post. I think today will be a soup day all day for lunch and dinner. Its just so cold out that the desire to have warm everything is strong. Soup will fit the bill. I just need to find a good veggie one for lunch to make. Dinner, maybe chili who knows.

I didn't get the cycling in yet this weekend due to my cold and wheezing. YEAH, did I say I really like winter? I don't. Too many hurdles that pop up. So tomorrow I aim to get up no matter how cold it is outside and trudge on in to move the body. Perhaps I can get in some extra on the elliptical, I haven't done that for a while and that gets the arms moving some too.

Wishing you all well. WE CAN DO THIS CRAZY 5LB loss! At least that's my goal in 4 short days.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:43 AM   #36  
Work in Progress

Good morning everyone..

CW yesterday was back to 250. Because if you do the same thing and expect a different result you have a touch of the crazies...

Well anyway off to that new way of life and picking up my small changes that gave me some success with the scale... Although Thursday is looking a little shakey.. will see how much of my weight is water..

Will check in at lunch to get caught up on the posts.. Although it seem like LT had some excitement with her LO.
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #37  
Work in Progress

So...
LT- my goodness that is cold and I think we are due to see some of those cold temps in the next days. How exciting with the clothes! Nice motivator as it shows the body is reshaping itself. How old are your children? How is the cold and arm?

PF- Nice to have DH home.. Able to resume the "routine" I would imagine . I find everyone's scale visually inspiring. And when I was mentally berating myself for the scale gain. I took a moment to remind myself I was still making more good choices than bad. And Perfection was hard to achieve. For me that also means not to allow the bad choices to pile up and excuse the next one. I also made some room in the room where my treadmill so I can add routines to shake things UP... You have not been pushy at all I appreciate the input.
LGF-How nice that is to celebrate with the ring. Very cool. You have me thinking about my food intake balance as I find the evening/dinner my hardest and most challenging time. Your sharing your process has been very helpful. Do you think your struggle is more mental than physical with the cal count? I see what I am "due" at the end of the day and see it as a green light to eat.

So for me I had a nice "win" over the weekend. I am a baker and would do that as a stress release. So this weekend kept myself busy in other ways. Yesterday I passed a baker shop and managed to wave to the owner rather than chancing going in. As I didn't feel I could just chat w/o buying...It was nice getting back on the treadmill this am and have been pushing the water.

Have a great day and thank for all the support and sharing it helps!
Old 01-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #38  

Pat: It was a heat wave today of a big whopping -5°, the windchill not that bad. It sadly was almost balmy out! Hah! Sorry the weight came back for you. I am finding that if I don't exercise, which I haven't been since TOM and my cold and all the extra w/my kids being down, well, I can come up w/an excuse to avoid But what I am finding is that weight goes up easily if I don't move the body and just do calorie counting. DRAT! Here I was hopeful. But - good for you in regards to walking on past the bakery. I bake when I am stressed usually and I make a darn good cookie and brownie. Still working on bread products, but I think that comes w/age and experience.

My LOs are under 8. They keep me on my toes and thensome - today at the clinic I about left them both there. Holy crikers - if we could only bottle some of that energy I'd be super wealthy.

Picture: How is today's weight? Did you go to 200 or under? I long for those days, instead I am stuck in the 230s HADES. Since October sadly, back and forth and then sometimes just right in the middle and not budging. It's my not tracking constantly some days and the non-movement. Do you find it's hard to do w/your kids as they snack or eat I swear what seems all the time?

Les: How are you today? Has your world slowed any? Have you gotten to hang w/your LOs? What's their newest foray? What do they think of a thinner auntie?

HI Violets!

AM:
So ready to take my scale and myself and pitch the weight out the window. I can't get out of the 230s. I am up, yeah, not really. I keep gaining and loosing the same 10 lbs of late. I am a bit frustrated but only I can make a change worth keeping. I somedays fall back into my old way of eating, I can't do that. Maybe if I weighed 150 and had a moment but sadly at 235, this isn't that moment. I am not changing my ticker until Thursday. I am still giving myself a bit of time, perhaps I can get back down to that number. I am just frustrated with myself that I felt like giving up today. But then I remembered it felt lovely to fit into 18s that weren't super tight, that I feel better w/the 20+ lbs gone and in general it's made me happy, less the frustration that rears itself periodically.

I ran into one of my doctors today. I know I know, I am not her only patient and it's been about 4 months since I saw her - she didn't recognize me. Maybe thats a good thing. I didn't ask, I just said hello and it took her a smidge for it to dawn on her who I was and I kept walking. Maybe this weight has changed my face, who knows.

Ok - I need the pep talk - to stick with this craziness and get over my hump and hate of the 230s. Somedays it's hard to say I can do this when you step on the scale and it's gone back up, not down. And really, wouldn't you think a great invention to the human body would be to turn off cravings easily? Help me through my self wallowing girls!

Oh, the pedi smoother came today - fabulous, I think my feet are 3 lbs lighter. The cacti are now rubble if you will. Kind of gross, but on the path to smooth feet in hopes of summer soon. I recommend getting one if you hate using the traditional pumice (I don't get pedi's the last one left me w/ingrown toenails) or the like. I sit here waiting until I can smooth them again, and perhaps get them to a silky happy point.

Alright - help me see the light - I am sure you all will. Remind me too when I get stuck again I can do this! When you see 75 lbs left, it does get a bit daunting. but I will keep trying.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #39  
Work in Progress

OMG LT huge hugs to you...

You have lost 26.6 pounds on your journey to health... YOu set a goal of losing 105 # and have made it a quarter of the way. You are now wearing a size 18 which is not a size 22( or what ever size you were wearing). You can go in the regular area and try on clothes...

Some gentle suggestions

You have to choose YOU!

It isn't safe for you to have candy, sweets or chocolate in the house. Right now and that's OK.
Log everything you eat and you have to exercise in some way 5-6 days a week.
Oh and drink water

You have done what works and saw success, you don't have to go all the way back. You have to decide you are worth all the hard work, time and energy. Choose you first.

It is OK to be anxious and afraid as we know what it is like being over weight It has been way too long since I have known what it is like being at a healthy weight, not being a slave to my desire for unhealthy food and using it to cope with emotions. Not knowing what my life could be if I was more active, not knowing what it is like wishing I was this or that. Not willing to nuture regrets...

You are worth it

Please don't vote me off the island
Old 01-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #40  

Pat: Thank you! I needed reminding that i have gotten to 1/4 of the weight gone. It sometimes can just really eat at me that it's such a large number that I let myself get to and now I have to get it off. No - no voting you off the island.

I think with all that's been going on at my house and my DH not dieting w/me, but still trying to feed me (bad combo!) and my lame-o excuses I have struggled of late. I know I need to do it for me and my overall health. I know I look and feel better and frankly, I get excited to see the scale decline. I may not meet my little challenge, I would have a week 1/2 ago, but probably not this week.

Hello violets!

AM:
I had a full banana this am. I will forego my morning snack if I can, and that will have to suffice, but they were nice and yellow and frankly the last time I had a full one has been about a year. So I did that and now will move on.

Got my flu shot yesterday, why is it your arm feels like an egg and it hurts thereafter? What the heck? always it does this. When I have asked before they say thats normal. Normal to have an egg under your skin? righty-o.

Today is a new day of really tracking it all - everything and then some. I can do this - I don't need to struggle, though it's felt that way. I just have to realize that sweets have gotten the best of me of late and I need to fight them away. Tomorrow I will set my alarm for extra early and I will make that time my time.

Happy day all. May you be finding good news in your scales!
Old 01-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #41  

Forgot - REMINDER:

Post your final weigh-in tomorrow for the mini-challenge. At that point to, indicate if you are interested in doing another one right away. We are here to cheer you on and hopefully say adios to those pesky pounds hanging on!

Good luck and may the pounds fall off.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #42  
Work in Progress

Old 01-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Ugh, my weight today is 173.8, needless to say I did not make it. Had a ton of salt last night so it's probably water. Oh well, hope everyone else had better luck!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #44  

hahahaha - I bombed out too, Hey - I am back to my starting weight for the challenge = icky 232. Oh, well, we can say we tried. Anyone want to do this again? Perhaps in two weeks we will have all found our mojo and can take off 5? I have a couple of celebrations to go to/host in late spring so if I can get more off the better off I will be!

Let me know - I am glad I am not without being in the same boat. Maybe picture has lost her 5?

Best wishes to all of you! For me, this has become the trip to the medical clinics all week long - referrals and out patient type items, I will be glad once it's the weekend, however I will be spending it cleaning my house as we have a person coming through to check on things that weren't repaired correctly. It's always something at this house. Maybe some day soon it will slow down long enough to say wow, rest. Who am I kidding, won't happen for a long time
Old 01-22-2016, 05:38 AM   #45  
Work in Progress

Good morning all... We might not have made it but we made progress! Let's do this again...

Still committed still have been able to NOT buy candy when I am in a store.. That is huge. Getting better with the food, although it still needs tweaking as dinner on is a problem..

Thanks for always being there!