Old 02-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Well I am awake - but beyond that I couldn't tell you much. My day has begun and I have no clue where I am weight wise - I fell out of bed got the kids and myself fed and finally have sat down and my brain is sprinting w/no great knowledge on anything! I have to ready all the paperwork for taxes tomorrow, hopefully that doesn't take too long. Who knows if it will.

I do aim to get moving moving again. I have been on a hiatus for a bit and I know moving is better than a toad on a log. Perhaps tomorrow I will get up early and go, I just need to find something on tv to have on in the background, that unless the old crows are there, which I am half suspecting they have given up on exercise at that time by now. New year and all good intentions. I have been kind of the same.

Wishing you all a beautiful weekend. I am getting my order ready to go out the door for my seeds. I am looking forward to it all.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #107  
Work in Progress

So it is 1/2 over for me.. can't wait til the day is over. Convinced my self to do the treadmill and stayed on for 37 mins.. but whose counting? :-) Why the FITBIT that's who.. Anyway quite a bit of mental gymnastics going on in my head.. But have stayed the course so far...
LT I use my I pad to keep myself on the machine. I had one as part of a previous job and found I couldn't live without it so I turned in some credit card points / my old I phone and was able to pick a refurbished one up for a little bit. It has been a godsend. I had used my laptop before but keeping it on the machine was a challenge.

Held steady this am at 240.. will have to hit the tea today as I had a soup for lunch and I bet it was full of sodium... Just one of those days where needed something warm and comforting in the belly...

So LT you must be a seed starter? How do you do it? I say to myself each year I need to do that but don't. There are just the 2 of us and it would be nice to stagger the crops...I sow in stages but buy tomatoes and cukes at the garden center.
Anyway nice w/e everyne
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

Height: 5'6"

What a lousy end to my week! I have found that if I get overtired or do too much standing or walking, my left leg tends to get lazy, not raising as high as my brain is telling me it's raised. Normally, I step carefully but last night, after working on my feet for 6 hours, I went and stood for 2 hours more at the laundromat then did some shopping. I was hurrying across the street with my hands full and tripped on the curb falling with my full weight on my left knee. Thankfully the bones are not broken, just severely bruised. I'm now hobbling on crutches with my knee in a knee immobilizer. I feel really stupid right now.
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:15 AM   #109  
Work in Progress

OMG FW that is awful, I am so sorry that happened to you... You aren't stupid just tired after having a very long day..I don't know about you but working crutches is a challenge for me.. SO be careful.

So Saturday morning, just heard the plow go by and hear some kind of precipitation hitting the windows. Still not sleeping and feel a fibro flare coming on.. Despite my best efforts.

DH and I will be starting a house project this weekend. And of course it is turning into more than we planned. Our house is 200 years old and the room we were going to re-dry wall was found to have plaster and lathe. We had thought it was an add on and it was... just added a LONG time ago... UGH

How are the rest of you ? what are the plans for the weekend?

FW take care today and keep the leg elevated ....
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #110  

Well crutches didn't work so well. I discovered yesterday that I also hurt my left shoulder and arm making the crutches very painful. I can put pressure on my knee as long as I wear the brace so I bought a cane and am doing well with that. I'm doing OK all in all. I'm ready to whack hubby though. He's already pushing me to stop using the brace and cane too. His philosophy is that I'm not hurt if there's no broken bones. Oh well. I'll do what I feel needs to be done and he can just keep his opinions to himself.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #111  

Fire: Well if it were me and DH said that my Irish would be up and I'd just take the darn thing and give him a whack for such a comment Sorry, but sometimes men don't think it all the way through. Has he gotten over your shopping list/good foods vs his junk foods? Hopefully things slow down for you health wise, you don't need to be falling anymore!

Pat: Good for you on your weight. I am trying to send you warmer weather, I don't know if that will get your way. The snow is melted now about 10 feet off the footprint of our house, so that is nice to see grass, even if it is brown! Have you found a good way to keep your meals intact? I am finding my soups are a big help - filling, I can eat a bit more because of the calories etc. And they are warm, which now is a nice thing. The only thing I have been somewhat missing but doing ok w/o has been fresh bread. I miss the smell of it baking, and the taste of it warm out of the oven with butter melted on it. Hey - that makes me want, and I have been doing ok without.

Hello Violets!

AM:
Slow going here. Because of all my running I have been missing my gym time, you'd think errands and trips to doctors would help out but they don't. My few moments of shoveling have been my exercise earlier, chasing after my kids, well that I have found doesn't get me to loose diddly. So I am maintaining at 230. I am hopeful that maybe tonight I will have the zip to go. I am taking a new medicine and it's been fitting it into my day and the pain that goes with it (injection type). Sometimes its ok, other times it hurts something awful.

I looked in the mirror today, I am not thin by any means, but my upper half looked a lot flatter than it has in a long while. Sure still lumpy where I don't want to be, but I have thinned out there some, and that's nice to see.

Happy day to you all! May the weight continue to fall off for you. Send me gumption to get the body moving again. I think I am taking the winter hibernation thought a bit too far of late. I like to just stay where it's warm and I don't have to venture out.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Firewife, I am so sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you heal very quickly and feel much better soon!

Pat, good luck with the house project! And I hope the fibro flare isn't too bad, I know that can be really tough.

Lemon, I am so glad you are seeing some mirror progress! It really helps me to finally be able to see a difference. Good luck with the gym and the new meds, hopefully you will get it all sorted out.

As for me, my weight has been bouncing up and down between 167-170. I think it's mostly hormones but am trying to be very diligent about calories and tracking every bite. Hopefully I see a drop next week. But even though the scale isn't showing me what I want to see, I have noticed a ton of progress. I feel so much better everyday and have lots more energy (which is a good thing because I have been so busy lately). I had to do more clothes shopping, and again the size differences have astounded me. I am no longer in plus size clothes at all. I went from a women's 18 to a 10, and from XXL or 1X shirts to large shirts. In men's sizes I dropped to a 32 inch waist instead of a 40, and now I can wear medium shirts instead of XL. You can't argue with those numbers!

Overall, I'm feeling great. We have had some beautiful weather and it has made for some really nice walks. Hoping to do it more often this spring!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 02-23-2016 at 08:35 AM.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #113  

Les: That must be a fantastic feeling for you to get into such smaller sized clothes! Keep up the work, the rest will follow. Sometimes the body just gets comfortable right where it's at and you just need to make a slight change to get it moving again. Have you upped your exercise/movement? How are the niece/nephew doing? Maybe they will help keep you moving this summer especially on things like skateboards, surfboards, skates etc. Take them up on their offers!

Fire: Hows' the healing today? Hopefully you are on the mend and can ditch the cane soon enough.

Pat: Did you up your time on the treadmill? I am happy to see you remain motivated to keep it all going! You can do this!

Hello Violets!

AM
: I am going, weight is bouncing around. I haven't been able to get to the gym partly because my life is crazy cuckoo right now, but also I am dead tired in both the am and evening (my two times of day I can go since DH is home to watch kids). And part of my evening issue is my new med as well. It usually takes about 45 minutes to settle down and quit hurting. And going to ride at 830 - 9pm at night isn't interesting me currently. So I am failing on that front.

I have my seed order ready to go today. I will be sending that out and need to plan my garden space. I have to get in contact w/the local nursery and see what he plans to offer for tomatoes, I am hopeful he does a bunch of single packs this year, generally he has 4 or 6 packs and when you don't have a huge garden, and you want a different plant for each one for variety = well it's either I go w/one or two types of convince my MIL who has a huge garden she can adopt a few more plants.

Happy weight shove off to you all!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #114  

Not doing so well this week - finding all excuses to not track my calories. Feeling like a huge puffball - wonder if it's still the bean soup I made and ate a few too many times because it tasted so good. Oh well. I made chicken noodle last night, but still loaded it with garlic and onions. But it was good as well!

Hope you all are doing well w/your journeys! My week into the weekend is full = so wishing you all a lovely slow and enjoyable weekend to boot!
Old 02-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #115  

Quiet here. Haven't been posting so much as I am trying to keep a clear head while awaiting some medical news. The less I am online the better off I am less I use doctor google.

Hope you all are doing well. Drop in if you can!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #116  

Hi all. Still hobbling on the cane but doing better. I haven't stepped on the scale yet but I am noticing my pants getting looser so maybe I'm going in the right direction.
Been busy with work and trying to find a contractor who will fix our porch roof without trying to remodel the whole porch. What anumber ordeal.
I haven't read through all the posts but I am praying for each of you. I'll try to get here more frequently but it's hard some days.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #117  

Fire: I loathe contacting contractors. We have a call into one who did work on our house to fix two issues that aren't working now. Have they called back? No, it's been two weeks. Nothing like wanting to keep past customers happy. I have never understood the no calls back or the way out pricing. You'd think if you want business, you'd spend part of one day each week returning calls, setting appts and the like. Good luck to you! Yeah for looser pants too! That's a great feeling.

Hello Violets!

AM:
Hanging there, haven't been feeling super great so though the weight is holding, I haven't been gungho to loose, I need to pick up my pep one of these fine days. I have been maintaining fairly well though, I have been making lots of soups that have been fantastic w/the cold icky weather. However looking ahead to next week it will be hitting at least 60° a few days - that's spring to me. So the menus will have to change a bit, even LO kept mentioning why are we having so much soup? It's filling, it warms the belly and I can eat a bit more of it because of the veggies and the lean protein and not gain a lot but feel full and warm. She doesn't get it yet, but one day just may.

Good luck t you all in your loss. It's gotten quiet here again, I think everyone is readying for spring and warm weather. I do hope you all are well!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well! I am hanging in there, still hovering around the same weight. I'm taking your advice to move more Lemon, and I have purchased a bike. Took a nice ride today and will try to take a longer one tomorrow. And your soup sounds great, I think I will have to make some soups soon. The canned ones are just too full of salt, and homemade always tastes so much better.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #119  

Les: good for you! Did you get a cruiser? We had gotten DD one at Christmas. I still like their looks as if I ride it's for fun nothing grueling or triathlon type. Yikes - you got to spend the time seeing what life has to offer rather than just whiz on by! GO you for keeping steady!

Hello Violets!

It's another soup day at this house. This morning I am making some blueberry muffins - in moderation to eat of course, I usually will split mine w.the youngest LO. So that's a help calorie wise, gives me the taste and the sweet along w/eggs. They smell good baking, so that's a plus - its another new recipe for me, this one I hope I can keep. I hate muffins that you can taste the leveling agent in, or that they are too dry and crumbly. I am particular I guess about my muffins!

Anyone ready for spring? Will you find yourself doing more outside or inside? I have my gardens to think about and the like. I should be getting my seed order soon I'd think - onions are usually one of the first things that can go in. Will see though. It's to be warm next week so that will be just find by me, I'm thinking it's a bit too early to plant them yet. I will have to do some reading to check. The whole danger of frost and the like.

happy pounds off to you all!
Old 03-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #120  

Is anyone out there? I have been dealing w/medical issues so my weights been on hiatus. I do hope you all are doing well.