Old 01-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Shrinking Violets #2

Originally posted by Mam on the original thread as a welcome to anyone who wanted to join:

Shrinking Violets
Hey everyone,

I am starting this thread in remembrance of a beautiful shrinking violet that has passed away. We are a group of 6 or more ladies that I am hoping will follow me to this site.

Anyone here is welcome to join. WE talk about our lives weight issues and are accountable to each other. We challenge each other with exercise eating or just things to keep the scale going in the right direction.

Previous posts can be found here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...iolets-35.html

I started a new thread as we were over the magic 500 number. Hopefully you will find the new thread!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-08-2016 at 09:55 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I've been super busy and will be that way for the next couple of days. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm definitely down for the challenge.

SW: 176
GW: 171

Here's hoping! Yesterday was the first day I was actually under my Christmas weight of 177. About time! I hope you're all doing really well and I will catch up on the thread in a couple of days. Go violets!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hey all:

Challenge
SW 251.5
CW 250
GW 246.5

LT: Yes Rome... Holy moley many years built this and keeping in mind that it will take time patience and perseverance to work towards a new Rome.

LGF: Great scale news

PF: How has your day been?

For me... happy to see me moving to the weight I was (246) before my dad's cancer returned. Did the treadmill 40 minswith 3 minutes of running this am. Been watching the "man from high castle" from Amazon to keep me on the darn thing,

Anyone a Downton Abby fan?

have a great day!
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Challenge:
SW: 206.4
CW: 206.0
GW: 201.4

LT: I shoot with a Canon 6d and LOVE it. I would super love to get the big daddy, the 5d mark iii - but it’s not in the budget and I’m happy with what I’ve got. Previously I had a canon 60d and liked it a lot as well. It’s a crop sensor, if that matters to you. WOOHOO on the scale moving!!!

Pat: I can relate to not remembering a time that losing weight wasn’t on my radar. At least we are acting toward it now!!! Glad your scale is going the right way, but I’m sorry to hear about your dad .

Les - Good to ‘see’ you!!

AM: Almost the weekend!! Wanting to eat everything today, hate when that happens! One day at a time, right? That’s how we have to go! Not much going on today. My husband will be out of town all of next week and part of this weekend, so I’m kind of dreading that. I won’t get as much sleep and it will be muuuuuch harder for me to keep my eating in check and my exercise routine, because I’ll be tired and stressed. I’m thankful he doesn’t travel much because man do I hate it!
pictureframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #5  

Pat: I like Downton but I haven't been able to watch when on in the past nor have I had time to get the DVDs from the library. I just like seeing the costumes the Haves wear. Where did all those elegant type styles go? the jewelry fascinates me as well but I have always liked certain things from that time period. Good for you on the treadmill. Soon you'll be beating it up!

Les:
Good to see your still with us! Yeah for the continued loss - you are what 20 lbs from goal? YOU CAN DO IT! What's your app tell you is your end goal date? Mine moved way back to July. Oh well, one could start w/high hopes and then move to practical hopes. Fill us in on your new wardrobe! Did you or have you decided to change the hairstyle to compliment your loss?

Picture:
We crossed - thanks for the info, I will have to look at a canon. Can I ask, did you get your's at a big box retailer or a small photo place? I hate when DH travels but it seems like twice a year at max these days. It's always good to have someone rescue you after a day of kid craziness! Good for you on getting closer to 201! Keep it going lady!

AM: Cake made - I am awaiting tipping it from the pan less my LOs decide to snack on it. Who needs a holey cake for their birthday? So in the pan it stays. Calories aren't bad for one piece. I have that and dinner already in my app. So I can have a bit more for lunch and I will be good to go. Now to decorate, gave up on the one gift until DH can get here and help me with it. Will get the others all wrapped up.

Anyone finding water consumption is helping them out well? My skin still looks really dry but I think that's winter. I have one face cream I love but I am out and putting it on hold for a bit. So in the meantime, it's oil of old lady that I use. However I forget to put it on after a shower so I am noticing a few more lines as my face slims some.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to take the decade photos of myself. I have those from 250, 240 and soon 230. Perhaps the 220s will fly? Well, if I stick to things they might, I'd appreciate that! I am noticing a body shape difference as this goes along, and that's a big help to motivate.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-08-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #6  

Pat: I've never watched Downton but want to - tons of my friends are SO into it.

Lemonthyme: I so wish taht I had been taking photos of my journey. I don't have a lot to comapre with, and I can't make myself take any now either because I worry 'what if this IS my 'after'"? Ugh. I got my camera on Amazon - best price won out. I know some worry about them being gray market, but I took the chance. Good for you on the cake - I used to really gorge myself on stuff like that, but thankfully not as much anymore....but I am guilty of throwing leftovers away so they won't be hanging around tempting me.

AM: Saw a friend this morning who I hadn't seen since I started making good choices for myself (56 pounds ago) and her reaction was so good for me!! She was just really encouraging and asked me for tips and advice...just the right amount of 'way to go!' without seeming patronizing or insulting (I hate if people go on and on about how much BETTER you look - like it was awful before? I'm sure you all know what I mean....).

Scale holding steady today. Did 2 great YouTube workouts! Love those silly things.

Hope you are all well!!!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #7  

Good evening!

Picture
: Good for you on the compliments. That's always nice. Yes, I am a visual person so keeping tabs every 10 lbs has been a help, here I thought I looked ok - until I really started looking and I was mighty lumpy. On my fridge our DHs and mine original images. They remind everytime I open the fridge I look at my former self, now mind you I still have what, 75 lbs to go. But, each little bit is an encouragement. I look forward to my shots, hopefully tomorrow, I will fine tooth myself in photoshop with overlays

Hello Violets!

AM:
Today was a full sprint day w/errands and ball game. I squeezed in the grocery shopping in the first half, and then we came home and I roasted brussel sprouts, red onions and butternut squash for 10 mins and then sliced open chicken apple sausage on top. Tasty and filling. Had enough calories left to have a piece of the angel food cake. I aim to get to the gym tonight, but I have to get Christmas thank yous done for myself and the LO. DD is doing hers right now.

I am almost FINALLY to the 220s. Boy that's been a long time coming. It says by valentines on happy scale I should be at least 218. Wow. If I stop and think about it gets me why the heck I kept the weight up. But I don't dwell on that. Of late, life has been feeling a bit anew w/better circumstances/opportunities in our family. Its all a plus! My real goal is to be in the 100s when I go to the doctor for my yearly. I don't know where that will be 170? Oh that would be so nice, they have never seen me that light. One can hope.

Now you all go out and get that powerball ticket before the window closes - can you begin to imagine how to spend that type of moola? Heck no! What would you begin to do with so many millions?

Happy evening and may a Violet be a winner in that arena!
Old 01-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #8  

I hit my mini goals I set for myself this week: increasing water again and getting to the gym at least 3X this week. I biked tonight hitting 14.9 miles! YEAH! And I walked into the gym that says wear your headphones and here were 2 lunkheads (as my DH calls them) w/their music blaring. Really SUPER ANNOYING - it was bad 2000s music from when they were in high school. Alas, they kind of hightailed it out of there for the bars after about 20 minutes. That makes sense, work out and then go drink. Their convo was so enlightening as my iPod was dead after 5 minutes because I forgot to charge it. And then there was a gal there who was into what she was doing and whistling really loud and really badly about every 6 seconds. As in like she wanted to whistle a tune and because she was going, she was out of breathe. I told my DH that maybe I am the odd one and they were all normal I think I need to find a new time to workout. The evenings bring out the woodwork if you know what I mean.

I plan to weigh in tomorrow and hope I am nicely at 229. But, that would mean 2.5 lbs off from this am weigh-in. Well a girl can hope.

Happy evening.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Good morning everyone,
Challenge
SW 251.5
CW 250
GW 246
So yesterday after indulging in a poto and roll I saw my start weight again. My what a wonderful tool the brain is as I convinced myself that if I stayed under calorie it was OK. Now I know simple carbs make me fluid retain ... But of course it may be different this time ???? Really Ugh.. Today will be a test as I am having a get together my anxiety will be up and all that goes with it. Have a plan in my head to cope.
LT woohoo on the mini goals and you do have some interesting people at your gym... As to water I do better during the week and poor on w/e. Nice to have a piece of cake and truly enjoy it.
PF what a great moment in your journey with running into that friend... That was awesome... Also thanks for sharing that despite your success the days where food seems more attractive have the potential to always be there. I am going to have DH take a pic of me, as I don't have many pics of me.

Les how are you?

My recent inspiration are 3 people I know. My BIL, DH cousin and a former co worker all hunkered down and lost 45 to 100 #. The cousin sent a before and after pictures in a Xmas card... It's on my fridge... Amazing and she started by walking a little bit farther each day...

Off to fight the battle ...enjoy your Sunday

Last edited by 1fralick; 01-10-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #10  

Pat: I am sorry the carbs got to you. Sorry, but when it's colder than heck outside, whats the first things we tend to grab are our warm gooey, carb filled comfort foods (or maybe I have lived in the land of the hot dish way too long! ). Push your water today, that will help your weight out some. What besides snowshoeing are you doing? Can DH take a walk with you or do you have an indoor pool you could use? Tell those pesky carbs to take the highway. I don't know if I have further ideas, they get me all the time too.

for photos - have DH take photos of you 4X one from each side (I swear my chin looks different from the right vs the left - same w/the boobs). I have my original photos on the fridge so that's a reminder of where I was and perhaps spurs me on for the next 10 lbs. Some suggestions - photos of your full body w/a light colored surface behind you, pretend it's like police photos. But do a straight on for each side of you: front/back/right/left. Wear short sleeves or tank so you can see your upper body change. I have been in black yoga pants, but you kind of loose the bottom if you are anywhere close to dark items. But fitted clothing helps show off the shape. My first photos my top was boxier so you don't see my rolls as much as you do in the 240s photos, but they were there and prominent I assure you. What I am enjoying seeing is the floppy belly recede and my chin start to get tighter underneath. Will see what todays brings.

Les: Have you been hitting the clearance sales of late? You should have a nice haul to replace your closet! How's the landslide belly doing? Mine is trimming up a bit, but now I am focused on that space between the top of the knee and up to the middle thigh. It's like weight is just hanging there unsure if it wants to be lost. Holy crikers - it's kind of a bubble burster when you stand looking at yourself and you can see improvement in most places but there. I know, we are our own worst critic. I do hope you are enjoying your new body shape. How are your pictures going? I will stand for mine today.

Picture: Oh, start taking pictures now. It's a good reminder of where you were and how far you have come. Have you been able to add extra activity w/your kids without petering out? I am finding I have more zip to chase them.

Hello Violets!

AM:
I aim to get back to the gym today not during scary hours in the evening. You know that movie adventures in babysitting when the gal is in the phone booth at the bus terminal in Chicago? Thats kind of what I felt like observing while I pedaled. Of course how many people do you know who watch the first 48 while exercising? Ok, so I am the odd one

I feel good today, my belly seems lot less when I lay in bed. I will have DH take new photos of me as I am just on that cusp of 230. Today 231.4. ARGH. Why can't it just decrease that little bit? I know TOM and all will be hitting me soon. Maybe that's the issue. Any who - I aim to get the to the 220s this week, come hades or high water. Cheer me along - when TOM gets here I stumble, always.

Happy Sunday. I am off to snuggle LO as he's sickly.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 01-10-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Pictureframe: That's so nice to get those compliments! They can be a good way to motivate yourself to keep going. I also saw a friend I haven't seen in months and they were amazed at my loss so far. Feels good, for sure. I would encourage you to take pictures though. My progress photos have helped me more than anything else. Lemon encouraged me to take them more often and I am so glad she did.

1fralick: Carbs can definitely make the scale jump, but as long as you're under your calories, it's just water. No biggie. Should be back down in a day or two. Drink plenty of water like Lemon said.

Lemon: Good job on meeting your mini goals! 218 by Valentine's Day would be awesome. You can do it! After TOM your weight will drop. That's what happened to me over the last couple of days, thank goodness.

I am doing pretty well, but very busy. I find I'm not walking as much or drinking as much water now that I am super busy. I am trying to do better on both fronts. I've upped the water the last couple of days, and am aiming to get some exercise in today. I haven't bought any more clothes, I seem to be ok in that front for now. I'll try and wait 15 or so more pounds before I buy more. I AM loving my new shape, but I wish my top half would shrink as quickly as my bottom half, haha. Oh well, you can't spot reduce, and I'll have to just be patient. On a tough note, I am about to hit 1200 calories (started at over 1500), and that means I will no longer have a 1000 calorie deficit automatically. I will now have to add more exercise as the pounds drop off in order to keep up a 2 lb/week loss rate. This is the tough part, I think. 25 pounds to my original goal, but now I think I will go further. I am now setting my sights on 140 for a final goal. We will see about that as I get closer. Good luck to you all, hope you're doing well!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 01-10-2016 at 04:26 PM.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:03 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Good morning everyone,
Challenge
SW 251.5
CW 248.5 (2.5 # till I am at the dad illness wgt woohoo)
GW 246
Les- thanks for the support... As you transition to the next step and need to increase exercise and not sure what you do and enjoy. Have you heard of tabata.? My y started offering it. I haven't taken a class but looked it up online... Pretty intense based on interval training but it might help if you are time pressed.
LT... Great points... Right now on the treadmill with shorts bursts of jogging... Trying to get into the routine I will advise DH on pics

PF being visual I agree the progress pics have the ability to inspire short and long term... It will also help you adjust to what you really look like vs the memory or how you think you look..

So yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been. Stayed under cal count but probably will be looking at some water wgt this am. We are having lake effect snow this week which adds to the stress level as I changed jobs this fall and my trip is now 25 miles and in lake effect country...

Heading to th treadmill...

Have a great day

Last edited by 1fralick; 01-11-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #13  

Pat: I miss lake effect - I lived in Milwaukee for a period of time - frankly though it's a pain, it's also kind of nice when you are snowed in! Big old heavy stuff. Drive safely! Good for you on your treadmill use. You'll get a routine soon enough. How is your dad doing? It's not easy to see a parent go through illness, I did with my dad as well. Hard times, but find good ways to help yourself through it all. Just give him extra love and let him know how important he is to you.

Les: GOOD GOING! Did you think you'd ever get to 140 when you started? I was 132 when I graduated from high school, and about 150 when I was done with college. So I know my body can do that, it's just about what's going in the old mouth that's the issue. I stood and did an assessment of my body today - looking in the mirror - scary case. Maybe if I stop and actually take my measurements again it will put me in a better frame of mind. Right now everything is disappointing looking this am - the great lemonthyme landslide is in full slide. Ick and yuck.

picture: How do you balance schooling with all household chores and I think you said you have 4? Frankly, somedays I roll my eyes looking at the mess my 2 create and say how did mom's of more keep up with it all. I have aunts with over 8 kids, maybe they were self cleaning, I have no clue. Maybe there closests were full - whatevs, but their houses were always in good shape. My living room looks like a tornado went through and thats just in the last 14 hours.

hello Violets!

AM:
Before I tear into myself any further, let me pause to measure myself. I will finish my post there-in. Maybe I will be surprised by something . . . one moment . . .ok, I think I feel better about the landslide in some ways:

1. I began in earnest 8/20 last year, my measurements and goals were listed. Out of 8 goals I gave myself by the end of the year, I hit 5.5.

2. The bad: I have been dealing with the crazy 230s since last October - I'd dip, I'd gain - the holidays were in there, I didn't track some days and I definitely didn't move as much.

3. The good: my measurements: I am now down in inches (did I just type inches?) B: 4" W: 3.25" H: 3.25"

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess what I am doing is helping and I guess I will have to get over the sliding body image that is mine right now. If I add correctly that's 10.5" lost. Nope, didn't think I could do it when I logged on here in August. Well, I guess it puts a hop in my step today to keep going.

Ladies - keep a measurement journal, even if it's only the top three of bust/waist/hip. It can be a pick me up. I have one of those little spirals I keep tucked in with my bills, I had been measuring weekly and stopped in October. I think I will keep up with it once again, I am glad I have something to go back to besides my photos to say you are moving something off.

Ok, I am off to go work on a shirt for a get together this weekend. And I hope tomorrow I can find a pair of dress pants that look good and not for someone in their 60s.

Happy day to you all!
Old 01-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #14  

Just to let you know I am going crazy for chocolate. I have done fairly well today, but geez. WHY CAN'T THERE be a switch we turn off? I'm just sayin'.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #15  

lemonthyme: WAY to go on the biking miles!!! 14.9 miles sounds CRAZY to me - so awesome!!!! I haven’t noticed a ton of change with my activity level - but I was active before, just also ate a ton…LOL. We actually have 5 kids - and school right now only takes about an hour a day, so it’s not too bad. It’s what I know, so it seems perfectly do-able, know what I mean? If I was used to less chaos it might seem overwhelming - but my life has been chaos for awhile now. Ha! I usually spend the time directly after they go up to bed straightening the major things (wiping counters, clearing clutter) and I never used to think that I am type A but lately I realize I must be at least a little bit that way…

Girl, WAY TO GO!!! The inches!! You’re making me SO REGRET not doing stuff initially. I hope you’re feeling so proud and motivated!

Pat: Darn those carbs. They get me too! That’s so great about your cousin! That is encouraging and motivating. Tabata workouts are really fun and make it seem like you’re not doing much work for the calorie burning - there are some free ones on YouTube I do!

Les:
1200 calories is not very many!!!! That will be hard to maintain I’m sure. I know my calorie goal keeps shrinking and I’m never sure how I feel about it - I don’t want my body to think it needs such a small number for the rest of my life, but I do want to keep losing - UGH. I’m so motivated by you though - to be to the point of changing your goal!!!!!! AMAZING!!!

AM: Whew, girls, if anything shows me what a stress/emotional eater I am it’s when I’m super stressed and decide NOT to indulge in something I’ve decided not to - ROUGH. I feel like I’m spinning my wheels! Often when my husband would go out of town previously I would intentionally stock up on some treats for myself for after the kids went down, but obviously I didn’t this time. I don’t regret it - I don’t need those habits - but ugh.

Haven’t weighed in the past 2 days and probably won’t until we are back to our regular routine! I am particular about how/when I weigh to keep it as consistent as possible, so I just skip if I don’t get it done at the usual time.

Hope you’re all having a great night!!