Old 04-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #256  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I guess since I was a regainer I should join y'all, right?

I'm excited and super pumped to get back on this lifestyle that is so rewarding in so many ways!

This is... oof, I don't know what attempt number. I've been trying to get back on eating healthy since late January but I was so tired with the new bundle of joy, and still in so much pain after a surprise C-section, that the last thing I wanted to do was to control what I ate. Anyhow, all these failures also made me realize what I was doing wrong and hopefully now I'm on the right mindset, like last year, to take it one day at a time, or even one decision at a time.

So... yesterday I think I was at my highest (or close) since I had the baby, at 202.2. This morning I had a peek at the 190s being 199.0. I can't wait to see what kind of love the scale will show me tomorrow! I know that on this high protein diet this week is crucial because I'm pretty much detoxing myself from eating carbs and when my actual weight in day comes around, on Monday I'll be a lot lighter. Can't wait!

But I need to slow down... and take it one healthy choice at a time.

That's what it takes for me to regain control.

Last edited by Paulitens; 04-21-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #257  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Hello! I'm a chronic regainer so I think I belong here. I feel like I've been dieting my entire life only to lose weight and then gain it back. This time I'm going to keep it off for real. I was doing really well for awhile and then got off the wagon and gained everything I had lost plus another 10 back! Don't you hate that? This time I'm not going to let myself quit. I have to see this as a lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #258  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi Paulitens & kailpea, your preaching to the choir here! Until this time I have bounched around loosing and gaining the same 10 pounds. So here I am plugging away. You will find a lovely bunch here with awesome support.

Right I think the funk has officially lifted bit disappointed by the scales (just on a pound) but at least its down right?! and I got to change my ticker for the first time in an age! I'm hoping the loss wasn't bigger because of my upping my exercise, back on the rower and in between the kids both needing pee brakes and fighting over popcorn I managed 1/2 hour and 1km so was pleased managed a big walk with Hank today (in the rain ) fast day went well too. So yeah feeling good. Now if only I could work out how to change my mums record about the whole weightloss thang!

Diane: bummer the scale gods are being stingey at the moment! !!!

Uber: that sounds like a good plan - some sound a little familiar

Toasted: eek jump squats, nope won't get me doing that, oh hang on I said that about running too - and what do you know I had a little bit of a skip around the bush track with Hank, and it didn't kill me. I am officially building the courage to go swimming too, lookout world aaarrrg

Right I'm off to bed cos I'm hungry

Last edited by MissLoud; 04-22-2015 at 06:17 AM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #259  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailpea View Post
I have to see this as a lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet.
I liked what you said there -- I think the reason why I was doing so great even through half of my pregnancy last year was that it was my lifestyle. A lifestyle with one free day in which I could indulge in eating a donut, or eating a slice of pizza, drinking soda, etc. Last year I didn't view this "dieting" (I hate that word, by the way, because it implies a goal and a means to an end... and when you reach that goal and that end, then, what?) as "being on the wagon" and failing as "falling off the wagon" but as my life. The only life I have. There's no falling off of that. It took me a while to get there, and I'm working on getting back on that mind frame. I think I need to continue losing weight and being on this very strict high protein diet for a while to get the weight loss wheels in motion. I hope you're able to make this into a lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLoud View Post
Hi Paulitens & kailpea, your preaching to the choir here! Until this time I have bounched around loosing and gaining the same 10 pounds. So here I am plugging away. You will find a lovely bunch here with awesome support.

Right I'm off to bed cos I'm hungry
OMG! YESSSSS! So... after I had my baby I was something like 195 or so. I was super excited because I was halfway down to the 180s (this is me being my usual optimistic self). And so I started dieting thinking I could magically resume where I left off last August or so. Well, turns out you need to get your little mind in the right healthy lifestyle kind of gear to make it work. In late January I tried for a week, I ALMOST made it to the 180s, and bounced back. Tried again. Bounced back. And I went like that for a few weeks until I figured I was just way too tired to put this on my plate quite yet, so I gave it some more time until baby boy would sleep through the night. Of course, knowing me, I couldn't wait until that happened because it made me feel like life was passing me by! Gosh, I hated it. So I tried again. Week after week. 5 lbs up, 5 lbs down between 195 and 200. Mid-March came around and I kind of gave up on the whole deal and my weight went up to 202. I thought about all the the mistakes I had made in all of my attempts, and why I couldn't get myself to make healthy choices like last year. I lost 40lbs last year! I never did that before in my life! I sure as heck could do it again. I know I have it in me. But it's not magic. I still have to work to make conscious decisions, to consciously make this into a lifestyle...

Anyway... yes. Sorry, I feel like I have so much to tell everybody! LOL. I'm just excited to be back.

And last night I ended up going to bed like at 10 too because I didn't want temptation to creep in. Those things usually happen at night.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #260  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys! Welcome Paulitens and kailpea!!!

Okay so today I failed at getting out of bed to workout. I kind of lay in bed and meditated instead. Mostly because I had a repeat of Monday's HIIT workout planned and I was scurred!!! And sore (still walking funny)! But mostly scurreeeed!!! Sigh. If I get home early enough, I'll do a walking dvd for half an hour or something. I don't want to spoil the week's workout trend. Yesterday's food went well, till I fell upon some soft-baked GF Salted Caramel Cashew cookies at about 9pm... which kind of spoiled things a bit. But I was a "normal person" about it. I had 2 (which is a serving). And wanted the rest of the packet. But just had 2. Yesterday and today so far have also been good digestion days so even in the general slippage from plan so I'm thankful for that and feeling really blessed. I'm on track for staying on calories today if I can just give cookies the side eye and stick with peppermint tea as my post-dinner treat! #sigh #digestiveteasarentreallyatreattho Maybe I'll do it up and put some non-dairy creamer and Splenda (yes I know but noooo!!!!!!!!) and it will almost be like peppermint ice cream... that isn't cold... or anything at all like ice cream. #sigh

uber: Sorry about the disappointing weigh in. At least now you know and have made your action plan which sounds great and is as usual well-thought out and reasonable. The best thing about falling sometimes is learning more and getting more information for our next battle and our triggers so we can have a better fight when we get up.

Diane: You're my workoutspiration of LIFE!! I read your post and I was like I NEED to do something, anything(!) today because you're so on it! What did you end up doing for lunch? I struggle with having the option of outside food too.

Paulitens: Congratulations on your baby!!! I think it's awesome that you're here AND that you're already so on it with getting back on track. I think sometimes we're hardest on ourselves but if you think about it you're doing great. It sucks losing the same lbs again but in a sense, that's that maintenance life and that's a lesson and an experience in itself! I struggle A LOT with this re-loss with maintaining the discipline of the lifestyle I had when I lost weight initially. I don't know why. It's not like I did anything except calorie count and exercise- but I don't know for some reason, maybe because I know what it takes, it's harder for me to be as much on my "best behaviour" as I used to be. And maybe that's fine because I'm learning real life lessons and no one... well most people aren't on their "best behaviour" forever.

kailpea: Yay taking the first steps to relosing. On the plus, you know what it takes and so you've already got your warrior boots and badges. The hard part is the figuring what you can stick to in the long run and what you can become a lifestyle. I think that's true for all of us here though. What's your plan of attack right now?

Kelly: Yay the scale! 1 lb is great! #HalfBreadIsBetterThanNone #ThingsMyGrandmaAlwaysSaid Ha about your skip with Hank! We'll have you running with us yet! #closetedrunner #intrepidswimmer #LookOutWorld lol. I need to do that thing with you and Paulitens where I go to bed early when I'm nightime peckish instead of "having just a little piece" which turns into a serving (or more )

Alright guys, so I've got to go. It's already gone past 6pm here and I'm hoping I can slink out of the office before I get tapped up for a last minute meeting or something. I have the oddest craving for cooked spinach or collard greens and yellow cake today. Not together obvs but I've been daydreaming about that all day. I saw an instagram post about protein microwave mug cake and I've got veggies at home so if I get home in time... #nomnomnom I hope you all are having a great on-plan day. We are so powerful, we can do anything we set our minds to guys!!! Wishing you all a happy and blessed day!!! HUGS!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 04-22-2015 at 01:11 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone:

Welcome to Paulitens and Kailpea--nice to have you join us. This is a good group, as you probably can already see.

Uber: Glad you got the weigh in out of the way. I was so disappointed when I got the nerve up to actually weigh myself after not weighing for awhile. But, that is behind you now and you can focus on moving forward. And forward you shall move.

Diane: I have to agree with Toasted, your dedication to working out is such an inspiration. I have to get back on it in terms of exercising; the last time I lost a significant amount of weight, it was the eating well plus working out that did the trick for me. I have to get back into that rhythm and your dedication may just be the thing that pushes me do that.

Kelly: Glad that the funk has lifted! A pound is a pound, plus look how far you have come already. I always have to remind myself when I am losing less/slower than I want that this is not a race. I remember when I lost a lot of weight in 2009/2010, there would be weeks that I was 100% on plan with my eating and my exercise and I would drop a quarter of a pound. It is hard not to get frustrated, but everything you lose adds up.

Toasted: Can I just tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts? You are both wise and funny. You asked a couple posts back how my plan is going? It is going very well and I am feeling good. Tomorrow (Thursday) is my weigh in day. Did you make the protein microwave mug cake? I am interested to see what you thought of it.

Has anyone heard from Laurie? Right before I posted here again, I read through some of the posts that I missed in my absence. There was a post where she said she missed some of the people who weren't posting and mentioned uber and me. I hope she is still around because I miss hearing how she is doing. I am also anxious to hear from some of the other frequent posters as well--there are so many good people here.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by LotusMama; 04-22-2015 at 02:54 PM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #262  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Last year I didn't view this "dieting" (I hate that word, by the way, because it implies a goal and a means to an end... and when you reach that goal and that end, then, what?)
Paulitens I couldn't have said this better myself. Really there should be no end if it's a lifestyle. Of course there will always be adjustments to the lifestyle depending on the circumstances. And you're totally right, Its so hard just to jump back to wear you left off! The mind needs conditioning!

MissLoud congrats on the loss! Any loss is an accomplishment and is a step in the right direction. Even if it;s not as much as you had hoped, its still not a gain.

toastedsmoke Ohhh, I know the feeling.... not wanting to get out of bed to work out. Its so funny because I hate the thought of working out. I hate actually doing the workout, but then after I'm finished I'm like, "yeah that was awesome!" Of course, the next time I have to workout its like trying to get a teenager out of bed for school: Impossible. It been tough for me to give up the ice cream and cookies. But at least you're exercising control. I don't think I could have stopped with the whole bag. My new favorite thing to combat and ice-cream craving is a frozen banana dipped in dark chocolate and then refrozen. You can also add whatever toppings you like to the outside. I added salted cashews this week. But you could add some peppermint extract to something like that. . . I don't even like bananas usually!

So right now I'm just trying to count calories but mainly eating a balance diet. I'm also trying to get 3 days of cardio in a week with two days of strength training. I just started nursing school and if its one thing I have realized is that I am a WEAK little duck and I need to gain some muscle if I am going to make it in this field. But I like it, it's such an active job and I've only had desk jobs for most of my life. I had clinical today and I loved the fact that I was moving for all 6 hours of it. But man, after my clinical shift ended I was famished and super thirsty. I forget to drink my water when I'm working with patients. Mostly because I don't have time to stop and think about it.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #263  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around much because my mood has been off... just really frustrated all the time because I feel like there's something I need to remember, but can't... plus I'm hungry all the time, but end up not eating like I should, because literally NOTHING in the house sounds good, and if it's not the food I want, it's not a food I'm going to eat.

Trying to get back to my positive self, but it's tough. And I'm also having a hard time reminding myself that a little weight gain right now is NORMAL. and IT'S OKAY. I've spent so much of my adult life worrying about the pounds, that I'm stressing over normal weight gain. I'm supposed to have gained a couple pounds. That's all I've gained. I know some women who have gained 10-20 pounds by this point. I've gained 2-3.

Grr. Venting. Sorry.

Happy to see so many people back and active!

I've decided that since I can't focus on weight loss right now, but I have the energy back to do it, I'm going to focus on getting 3-4 miles on my FitBit daily (either walking outside or with Leslie) because I need to keep my fitness on track over the next 6 months.

I hope you all are having a great day.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #264  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Running was awesome last night! It was a really nice day and it just felt so good. Had a little bit of weirdness at the parking lot afterward, but overall it was good. An old, scruffy guy came up to me afterward, wondering if I had any cigarettes. What I wanted to say was that he might try hanging out somewhere other than a running/walking/biking trail if he's looking for a smoke. Whatever. Went to spin this morning and it was a little tough after running last night, but just this week I've moved my running nights. So, just a different challenge.

Mandy: So happy to see you back! I was missing you! And, yes, you are doing very well with your minimal weight gain. I'm sure it is tough to see any gain and be ok, but you just have a different goal for now. Hang in there!!

kailpea: Welcome! Glad you are joining us. I'm sure that with nursing, you do have to be strong! Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Lotus: Yeah, I agree with you. Just eating well doesn't do it for me, I have to have the exercise part too. And, once I made it past the really hard part of getting going, I know that I can't stop now. I would really miss it.

Toasted: Sounds like you are getting better and better with your stomach issues. Oh, and I ended up getting some rolled tacos. Not the best choice, but also not the worst. I stayed away from the bakery, so that's a win.

Paulitens: Welcome to the group! I think that with you taking it one step at a time, you are setting yourself up for a big win!!

MissLoud: Good for you for losing the pound! That is a great thing!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #265  
On my way to -70

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the good wishes! I love 3FC, I've been around for a while but I've never joined this particular thread. I didn't even think about what the title meant.

Now I might be about to face the biggest challenge yet (since I started, three days ago ): I go to school on Wednesday evenings so my husband usually orders pizza or something for dinner. Before I got into this healthy lifestyle, I would be all for it (duh, it's pizza!), and even if I was "watching" what I ate, I'd still take that break. Well, that's no more. But my husband still got me a Domino's chicken and bacon sub. One of those scrumptiously greasy subs of theirs. I opened the fridge to get me a protein shake and there it was, in all of its glory. I hope he takes it to work tomorrow, the sub, and all the leftover pizza. I don't care what he does with it (he got a gastric sleeve so he can't eat that stuff himself). I don't want it at home and when I told him I was back to eating healthy, I totally mean it. I'm not upset that he bought unhealthy food to treat himself and the kids while I was gone. I would have been totally fine if he bought just enough for them. But, bless his heart, he bought me my favorite sub because he knows how much I love it. And his expressions of love usually entail some food, just like this.

So... anyhow... I hope he takes it, or does something with it otherwise tomorrow is going to be TOUGH! Although, honestly, I don't crave it either. Like, I saw it in the fridge and didn't think much of it other than "ugh, if the thought gets in my mind that I want to eat it, I'm gonna have to fight it." Completely different mindset as my usual "Oh, there's pizza. I love pizza. I've got to have it."

I'm rambling. I've got to head to bed.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone:

Just a quick post before I have to leave for a meeting---I lost 2 pounds this week. I am happy with that!

Mandy--good to see you post and congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting!

I will try to post more later today or tomorrow.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #267  
On my way to -70

196.8 this morning. Not too shabby considering I'm in my TOM.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #268  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, the wellness challenge at work is over, finally. I won't have to wear my pedometer anymore. I'm still going to do some of what we had as part of the challenge, but at least I won't have to keep track anymore. Not sure who won yet, but I am pretty sure our team didn't.

Went to Body Pump this morning and I'm going running after work tonight. It might rain, so I might have to go to the gym. I hope not, I really prefer running outside. I had a meeting this morning, and they said they'd have breakfast. So, I didn't have my usual. Bagels and mini muffins. So, no protein, just lots of calories. Ugh. I restrained myself, but now I'm starving. Oh well. I'll know next time to just bring my own stuff.

Lotus & Paulitens: congrats on the weight loss.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #269  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Arg I'm ready to throw my scales out the window!!!!! Up 1.5 pounds today - how pray tell do you do that over night. I'm feeling light too so its weird and very frustrating when the scales are being painful. So I think this is officially a plateau right?! **sigh**

Some great losses though lotus and paulitens - jealous much lol

I was wondering how your wellness challenge was going Diane, does it show how you are individually - you would be rocking it!!

Well its a long weekend this weekend, last one til after winter, Its ANZAC Day tomorrow - which I guess its like US memorial day?! Remembering the fallen and marking New Zealand and Australias joint efforts in war and peace keeping. Don't think we will go to Dawn service, little kids and keeping quiet don't really mix Off to get my hair done today so the funk lifting continues, I really wish the scales would comply - maybe a week of food logging would help, ive been excellent at fasting days and I thought pretty good on normal days but maybe I need to really see whats going on, erg I hate logging my food. Waiting for a whoosh ladies xx

Last edited by MissLoud; 04-23-2015 at 04:35 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #270  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in quickly. I started personals at work then got some bad news that my mom's childhood best friend/cousin died so I had to go be with my mom. Today started of not great with exercise but it's not been too bad with food and digestion. I was feeling a little self pity about not getting the exercise in (even though it's totally my fault since I get up early enough but don't get my act together) but then life is short, you either do or don't do and then you move on with life accordingly and try to do better at the next time. At least that's what I'm telling myself now. I'm still going to be a whiner in general. Probably. Just not today. Tomorrow tho for sure, I'll get my workout on! Y'all hold me to that okay? Stay blessed everyone!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 04-24-2015 at 08:03 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote