Old 03-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #166  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, not much to report since my last post but I'm trying to get regular again with checking in because I do much better with you all. Anyway, so last night was pumped to start Week 7 of C25K this morning and then woke up with gastritis symptoms so didn't go and instead experimented with mixing L-Glutamine powder (which still has me gagging literally at the memory of it's awful, repulsive sweaty toes- i imagine- taste) and aloe vera juice (whose bitterness is almost nectar from heaven by comparison) which are both supposed to help heal the stomach lining or something... anyway it worked (apart from the nausea I feel each time I remember the taste of the L-Glutamine)!

Kelly: Six pounds is AMAZING! And you're more than well on your way! And yay motivation in any form it takes! Your day sounds busy and I KNOW the temptation of a dvd box set- it's always "just one more" till you're done with the season. #tsk

Anyway guys, I hope you're all doing well and having an awesomely blessed day. Take care everyone!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:41 PM   #167  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Well, Monday was a Monday, so just getting caught up now. Workouts have been going well, and running is great! I’m on week 7 of C25K, and all days are the same with a 5 minute warmup, 25 minute run, and 5 minute cool down. Last night was awesome, it was just perfect weather and I did well! So, that’s been good for me. My body pump instructor was asking me how it was going and I told her the good and the bad. The bad is that I feel like I’ve been extra hungry from it and according to myfitnesspal, it only burns about 200 calories. And for my heart rate monitor spin class, I haven’t been able to get my heart rate up as high unless we do higher rpms. It’s like my legs are too tired to increase the resistance as much as before. Anyway, she really helped me with perspective. She thinks that I’m looking much better in my clothes now and she said that my muscles are getting more defined. I told her that I felt that way too, but the scale is not my friend right now. She said that it sometimes happens that as your body is changing in fat/muscle ratio, you may not see a drop in pounds. Well, ok. I guess I’ll be patient about it. I would really like to get a lower number, though.

Toasted: I'm glad that you are trying to post more often! I miss your posts when you aren't around! Sorry to hear about the hemlock you have to drink right now. Yuck! But maybe it will help you feel better!! Oh, and the munchies are here with me still. I have to be really careful at home since we do have a bunch of Easter candy around right now. And, yes, I'm the one that bought it.

MissLoud: I understand the competitive streak. You can do it!! Being number one is good motivation! We're still in the middle of our wellness competition here at work. My team is in 2nd place right now. I'm doing all I can to get us up to 1st!!

Mandy: Aww! That picture is so great! Not trying to be one of those people who talk about their own pregnancies, but... my very first pregnancy did not go well, and when we did the sonogram, there was nothing showing in that dark circle. Something wasn't right and the baby reabsorbed (or something like that). So, when I see those pictures and there's a little nugget there, it makes me so happy!!!

Garnet: Nice!! Good to be recognized for a job well done! Good luck with that!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #168  
Diane

Wow. This thread is a little sad. No one is here!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #169  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

I know! Feel like we're talking to ourselves lol! I'm here don't want to post too much people will think I have no life!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #170  
★ Kelly ★

Marko.......
Old 03-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #171  
★ Kelly ★

Polo...
Old 03-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #172  
Diane

Ha, ha Kelly! I have no life either.

I just hope it is more that people are busy, and not that they are struggling and don't want to post. Oh well!

Plugging along....
Old 03-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #173  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, please ignore us currently irregular posters and post away. I for one don't think you have no life. I think you have commitment. Diary this place up PLEASE!!! Even if it's just one person! Accountability is a huge part of this journey and you're here and accountable so that's awesome and encouraging at least for me when I slink back. No matter how many times I fall off, it's always great to come back and find that someone is still here and keeping it going.

I've actually been doing okay with food. I'm in "scared straight" mode with my stomach issues so I'm trying to do better and being careful with food, in general. Exercise on the other hand... I haven't yet started Week 7 of C25K or done much of any exercise yet this week but it will happen. I will make it happen. Next week is going to be even better than this week. My munchiness is much worse because it's TOM but I'm still trying to be circumspect about portions etc.

Diane: I'm sure your body is changing regardless of what the scale says and you are getting stronger and fitter and healthier. Look at you running 25 minutes and lifting regularly and spinning. Keep plugging away, you'll make it! You're my forever workout inspiration. I need to get back to WWDD mode.

Kelly: Heyy. POLO!!!! How was your munchkin takeover? I hope you had a fun day with the kiddies and it wasn't too exhausting. What are you up to these days? How's sticking to plan going? Are you still 5:2-ing and rowing?

Okay everyone, I hope you guys are doing well and wish you all a blessed, on plan weekend!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #174  
★ Kelly ★

Yep the kidlets were fun, we had good weather so they ran around outside and got filthy in the sandpit. I have quite a small house but a huge section so as long as they have space they don't get up to too much trouble. They have known each other since babies so they sure know how to annoy each other when they want to lol. I must be a sucker for punishment though I took three 4 year olds, a 2 year old and 2 dogs to the beach yesterday!

Still plugging away with 5:2 it really is the best plan for me, are you still doing it Toasted? I like how it doesn't dictate what I can have on the non fasting days. I tend to rebel if im told I can't have something, this way its totally up to me if I over eat on the non fasting days the scales don't change its that simple. Also when I go off plan when on holiday the scales don't seem to shoot up so fast for some reason. Hmm now excercise has been lacking! I row 3 times a week and walk the dog, after running round after kids I'm just so tired

Being a bit slack mum this morning my husband has gone hunting for the weekend so we are chilling at home - eating breakfast in front of the tv and I'm still in my pjs. I have no car for the weekend so hoping the rain stays away, sigh here comes Autumn

Edit: Pouring!

Also I am officially just plain overweight, not morbidly obese

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-20-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #175  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

What do you ladies think of this?

http://oi62.tinypic.com/34hgys9.jpg

(I'm just posting the link, because the image is kinda large)
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #176  
★ Kelly ★

Thats very sweet Mandy! (Do you like what I did there lol)

Another big loss again this week - 3.3 I'm waiting for the bubble to burst! Feeling really good about myself at the moment, my face is looking really different - I might even lean towards pretty without sounding to conceited lol Went shopping with a friend of mine and was able to shop in the 'normal' side of the shop and even bought a few bargains that actually fit not something to grow into. I've made the decision to sell the stuff I don't fit anymore - theres no going back. NSV are the best! Oooh also I sat down at a coffee shop yesterday and just crossed my legs, just like that and was comfortable

I do need to address my bra situation though, really would like to choose where weight comes off first. Seriously thinking I might need to start saving for surgery for when this is all done. so yeah thats me ... happy! And excited about the future

Oh and another NSV and a sign that I might have this overeating thing in check, my husband was away for the weekend which normally signals a junkfoodathon for me I used it as an opportunity to try out new recipes - a delicious Mussels with chickpeas and Harissa from my fav Nigel Slater. So yeah pretty happy with myself at the moment - might need bigger door to get my big head through soon

Ramble ... ramble ... ramble lol

Last edited by MissLoud; 03-22-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #177  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, the weekend went well and I got up this morning to C25K Week 7 so I'm feeling pretty good about plan. Not much is up with me outside of that so this will probably be a brief check in. I'm feeling a lot better in the stomach so that's a real blessing, I'm feeling really thankful about that.

Kelly: I'm still 5:2ing as well. I didn't do great with it when I travelled for work but I know on vacation over Christmas, it definitely prevented huge weight gains so yeah, I think I'm sticking to that for the forseeable future. Today is a fast day for me and so far so good. I don't think rowing, dog-walking and chasing little ones is slacking in any way. When I have my 2 little cousins under 5 to look after, I need a lie down afterwards, in a dark room, in silence. Kidlets are exhausting. Wow taking them to the beach! You must have eyes at the back of your head and ninja reflexes. Booo bad weather tho. Are winter's bad where you are in NZ? Amazing job on the scale and non-scale victories! You're doing amazing! I'm so glad everything is paying of for you and most of all you're feeling great as you should which is really the most important thing. I'm super excited for all the changes you're seeing, this is the best part of this whole process, isn't it? The Nigel Slater recipe sounds delicious, I love mussels and I love harissa- it's not as spicy as some hot sauces can get.

Mandy: Ayyy very cute!!! Only two weeks till the big reveal!!! Wooot!!!

Alright guys, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Hopefully, so you on here soon!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #178  
~*Mandy*~

Thanks everyone!

Waiting to tell is driving me bonkers. I want everyone to know!

I will be hitting 10 weeks on Weds, so that's pretty exciting. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I peed on the stick!
Old 03-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #179  
Diane

Hi all. Exercise is going well for me. I am keeping up with what I've been doing all along, and I added a body pump class right before body flow class on Saturday. So, that feels good. I am really happy with my running right now. I'm on week 8 with C25K and was very pleased with the run last night. It is a 28 minute run with no breaks and I'm happy that I can do that. I'm not fast at all, but I can do it. And I love where I am running. It is a riverfront trail, so it really makes me happy to be out there. I've seen a lot of ducks and geese paired up, so I'm betting there will be babies in maybe a month or so. Food plan is going ok, but I probably need to be more careful on the weekends. It seems to be very challenging for me to stay away from the bad stuff. Or, even if it is good stuff, I'm not doing portion control very well.

Wordy: Sounds like you are doing well! You seem to be losing very well, so that's always good. Sorry about the toe. That's no fun!

Mandy: Love your baskets!! Such a cute idea. I can't imagine how people will react when they know the big news!

Toasted: Glad that your stomach is getting better now! I'm sure that is a relief for you too. It's hard to feel confident when you're afraid of feeling sick.

MissLoud: Your weight is really coming down! That's good news! I know what you mean on the bra issue though. I finally had to get some new ones. And then, it was a little hard to get used to with it being smaller. I bought a couple of different styles and one of them is just not working out at all. I'm just not sure what to buy.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #180  
~*Mandy*~

Wordy - we're announcing publicly on Easter Sunday. Right now the only people that know are some online buddies and immediate family (aka if something went wrong, people I could tell via text or not be afraid to cry while I'm talking with them).

I am having some serious food aversions right now. Chicken and green veggies seem to make me gag when I prepare them to eat. Which is sad, because those are some of the best things to be eating! Sad.