Old 02-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #106  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

So, I finally weighed. 295. Means I've gained 20 flippin pounds. Ugh.

However, nobody warned me that early pregnancy would result in insane bloating and feeling gassy. So I'm sure that accounts for a couple pounds of it. I can't even wear jeans right now. Even my way too big, fall off my butt jeans because of the lack of give when I bend or sit and it makes the bloaty gassy feeling in my tummy worse.

Joy. Bliss. Glad I invested in some oversized men's sweatshirts, leggins, skirts and dresses. I'm all about the stretchy right now.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 02-17-2015 at 02:49 PM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #107  

Height: 5'5"

Mandy - Pregnancy brings so many surprises! Sorry that this one was less than delightful for you. I never had that symptom, but I hope it goes away for you soon. There will be delightful surprises, though, if that helps. =) Yay for braving the scale. First step on this leg of the journey. Look at us go!

Diane - I can't remember where I struggled exactly, but I had to redo a week, and it was about that time. I think I finally decreased my pace in order to make it through. And I LOVE your stories about all the great compliments you're getting. If nothing else, keep posting to give us all something to aspire to. But my little feminist heart feels like you are reluctant to share your accomplishments because of the cultural pressure women feel to be everything wonderful but never to know that we are wonderful. (Just one example - What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction, where the woman is beautiful because she doesn't recognize her own beauty. Puke.) Yet, one of the explanations for the pay gap between men and women is the suggestion that women are not confident about their accomplishments. So, I would urge you to own your accomplishments! You earned those muscles. Yell it from the rooftops, baby! You are rocking this fitness thing.

I, however, am not. I did go to the gym, after trying to talk myself out of it 6 million times. And then, did not do well after that. I got home later than I planned, so my planned dinner of chicken breast became French toast so I could make my evening engagement, and things went downhill from there.

But today is a new day. And I will just have to tighten things up.

Have a fantastic day, all!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #108  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Went to spin this morning. It was brutal! They had a new "release", meaning a new workout with new moves and new music. I enjoyed it a lot, but it was pretty hard. There were a lot of sprint tracks and that's kind of fun to me. The other spin class has been a lot more focused on strength, so slower speeds with higher resistance. I find that difficult and much more frustrating. Tonight is W5D2 of C25K, which includes two run/jog's of 8 minutes and 2 walks at 5 minutes. We'll see how that goes. I have struggled with 5 minute runs, so I hope I can make it 8.

Laurie: Yep, you nailed it. Guilty as charged. I am/was so tickled by the compliments, but sharing it makes me uncomfortable because I feel like it is bragging. And it is so true! Guys, in particular, will announce their accomplishments with absolutely no shame, but I feel like a jerk talking about it. That is one area that I am glad that I have not put on my daughter. She is a lot more confident that way. So, thank you for recognizing that and making me own it!! Hope you have a good day today!

Mandy: I agree with Laurie, that I'm glad you braved the scale. It is better to know now rather than getting a surprise at the doctor's office. I hope you have a great pregnancy. I honestly didn't enjoy it at all, struggling with "morning" sickness all day throughout the entire pregnancies. But the outcome is worth whatever irritations come along the way. Hang in there!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #109  
~*Mandy*~

I am officially at 5 weeks. According to the various things I'm reading, my little baby's heart is forming and will start to beat at the end of this week, and the baby is roughly the size of a sesame seed.

Learning all kinds of knew things and dealing with all kinds of new stresses. I have to keep telling myself that my body is designed to do this and I just need to relax, but it's tough.

How did you mommies do it?!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #110  

Good morning, everyone!

Mandy - Pregnancy is new and exciting and wonderful, especially when it's been anticipated for so long. But there will be a lot of changes along the way. Educate yourself on what to watch for (which I'm sure you've already done), take care of your body with good nutrition and moderate exercise, and just try to roll with the rest of it. I discovered what heartburn was, and I had a lot of first trimester nausea, but my first pregnancy was fairly uneventful otherwise. And when that baby starts moving - it's so incredible.

Diane - Pride in accomplishments is not only fun, it helps insulate you from the darker, more difficult moments. You have been so consistent for so long with the exercise. You are not only adding years to your life, you're adding great quality of life. Hunting trips will continue to be easier and much more enjoyable. And what an incredibly fun grandma you will be! So glad you're getting more comfortable owning your own awesomeness.

Lyn - Exercise. Eating right. Thanks for showing me it can be done! I'm still trying to reconvince myself of it. Nothing I love more than being outside exploring parks, etc. Here in the Midwest, we are facing sub-zero temperatures. Glad you're taking advantage of your weather.

Didn't get to the gym yesterday. Didn't eat well at all yesterday. And again, I will say it. Yesterday's struggles don't have to translate into today's struggles. I will get to the gym today. I will eat more in line with how I know my body functions best.

And I too, miss Toasted's humor. And I miss Uber, Jessica, Martini, Carter, LotusMama, and so many others. It's a struggle. I hope they rejoin us soon.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #111  
Diane

Hi all. Back to Body Pump this morning. It went well. The abs workout is kind of tough. We're doing leg extensions where you lay on your back and extend one leg and then the other. While I think it is good for the abs, it also uses your quad muscles and by the end of class, my quads are pretty much shot. I'll keep trying! I did W5D2 of C25K last night. It was pretty good. There were two sections of running for 8 minutes with a 5 minute walk between. The first one was fine. I struggled some on the second one. The next workout is 20 minutes without a break. Hmm. Not sure I can do that, but I thought that might be a good one to get stuck on for now. Just keep doing it until I can make the 20 minutes. I'm enjoying the progress though.

Lyn: Good job with staying on plan with food! That's always the toughest part for me. I also had to laugh because you mentioned the "What to Expect" books. I had those for my pregnancies, too! We're definitely in the same generation! They might be outdated, but I do think they were helpful.

Laurie: I have heard that the Midwest is frigid right now! I would be so sad. I am pretty much done with what little winter we have had, and I should not be complaining!! Hang in there and just start over today! It's a good thing to just let yesterday go and keep trying.

Mandy: It is definitely overwhelming to think about what is happening in your life right now, but don't worry!!! You can do this. It is a huge change in your life, but there are so many good things that come from it. You'll be fine! Just keep taking care of yourself.

Toasted: Where are you? We miss you!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies! I'm jealous of all your dedication to working out. I just haven't gotten there yet. Hopefully soon. Right now I'm trying to concentrate on just staying within my calories. I'm down... 1.2 lbs this week.

I plan on doing something fun with my nephew, because I have him for the weekend. Maybe bowling?

I can not wait for the spring/summer! I just want to be outside, walking my dogs, bike riding, swimming. Ughhhhhhh hurry up and warm up! I'm getting cabin fever. lol
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #113  
Diane

Hi all. I made it to Spin class today, which was a major achievement because I overslept by about 15 minutes. I was just about to forget about it, but then I knew I would regret that, so I hurried. Made it! It was a tough one as it was endurance day and there were no breaks at all. Happy to have made it through. I'll be trying to do the W5D3 of C25K tonight after work. I'll give it a good effort, but Fridays are tough. So worn out after a week of workouts!

I got on the scale this morning... not a great idea as I feel a little bloated for some reason. Sure enough, not looking great. I'll just have to be careful with eating this weekend.

Lyn: Well, another park exploration for you! Sounds like a good one! At least your jacket is fitting better than last year, that's a good thing!

Skinnygirl: I am with you on wanting the warmer weather! So ready for spring, at least, but even more so for summer! In particular, I'm just tired of long sleeves and pants. I want to be outside without having to wear a coat. Enough already!! Of course, we're supposed to be getting snow this weekend. oh joy.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #114  
~*Mandy*~

Hey ladies.

Guess what? It's been warmer in norther Alaska than it has been here. SO COLD.

And we've got more snow coming, after getting several inches on Monday. Then several more inches on Wednesday... we're now listed to get 4-7 more overnight tonight. (Glad I don't have to shovel the drive!)

Stuck inside because of super frigid temps and snow all over, I've been playing around with photo announcements for making my pregnancy public knowledge. We're planning to do a big reveal on Easter.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #115  
Diane

Rest day today, taking full advantage of it, too! I tried to do W5D3 of C25K on Friday. I had to take some breaks though, and couldn't make the entire 20 minutes without stopping. So, I'm going to repeat Week 5 this week. I noticed that the Week 6 running is similar to week 5 in that the breakdown on total minutes is divided more for day 1, less for day 2 and then no breaks for day 3. Since I have some time before I'm ready for the race anyway, I'm just going to repeat week 5. Hope that helps. Went to Body Flow yesterday and it was pretty good. I do think I need to do more stretching throughout the week.

We are getting just a little bit of flurries right now. We are not getting the big snows like over in Denver. Lyn, we're not near DIA, I live way over by the Utah border. The mountains have been hit pretty hard, which is good for the skiing, and the eastern side of the mountains, where Denver is, has also received a bunch. I actually noticed that my tulips are coming up, probably because we have had a really mild winter.

Hope everyone is ok. Missing lots of people!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #116  

Good morning, everyone!

I'm still struggling, but you know what? I'm still struggling. Which means I haven't given up.

I have a conference call in a few minutes, but I did read through quickly.

Lyn, I love that you grabbed the extra omelets. So important to do what you need to do to make it work!

Diane, I love that you're keeping on keeping on with both your regular work-outs and the C25K. Can't wait until you blow that Week 5 out of the water. Not too long ago, you were saying how you really wanted to be able to run. And now, you're totally doing it!

Mandy - Hope the pregnancy bloating is going away. Growing a human -- it's the coolest thing I have ever done.

Disastrous weekend food and exercise wise. And today is Monday. New strategy. New plans. And very tight clothes, so they're much needed!

Happy Monday, everyone! Let's rock this.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies!

This weekend was EXHAUSTING! lol I had my awesome nephew over the weekend ( he is 6 and my pride and joy) howeeeeeever. He woke up at 6 and 630 both Saturday and Sunday. He's just always too excited to come over and so are we when he does. Yesterday, I threw my sister's bridal shower. It was super fun, and everyone had a great time. So happy

Laurie- All that is really important is that we don't give up! Keep on keeping on
Diane- I'm jealous that you're having a mild winter and see tulips popping up. I woke up this morning to go to work... and the temperature is -20 with the wind chill factor My car read -5. ughhhhhhhhhh
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #118  
Diane

Hi all. We are getting a little bit of snow now, and the roads were pretty icy, but we really seem to have avoided the big stuff. I made it to Spin this morning, but was late getting there. I'm not big on taking chances on the ice, so I didn't care when I got there. I'm not sure what I'll do for running tonight. I think I might have to go to the gym instead of the park this time. I am not a fan of running on the treadmill, but I think that is probably better than running on snow/ice. I weighed myself today and was down .6 pound. Not great, but at least it was a loss. I only have lost 2 pounds for February. I might need to be a little more careful with calories. I think I might be missing something there. Probably not diligent enough with logging!

Laurie: Good to see you posting and I'm glad you haven't just disappeared because of struggling. Just take it a day at a time and you'll make it! Sometimes it is just really hard.

Skinnygirl: Boy is that cold! I had heard the Midwest was pretty frigid right now. Stay warm!! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Lyn: Good luck with your driving tomorrow. Hope the roads are good for you! Good job on the walking at the mall.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #119  
~*Mandy*~

Hi everyone!

Laurie - yes, the bloating (at least the horrible bloated feeling) has gone down some but not all the way. I haven't worn pants that aren't leggins or sweats in almost 2 weeks

I did not realize how exhausting this would be! I'm told it gets easier a little later on after all the big stuff is built and just needs to grow, but geez... for something smaller than a pea, this baby sure is using a lot of energy.

But you know? I love having the symptoms. The uncomfortable bloating, the sore boobs, the nausea after I eat. It just reassures me that the little baby nugget is still in there and still growing and doing what it's supposed to. Because the lord knows I've been getting more paranoid that something is wrong the closer I get to my doctor's appointment.

And that's not for another 3 weeks!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #120  

Good morning!

Skinnygirldreams - Glad you had such a fun weekend with the fam. and totally relating to the cold. Just looked at our weather forecast. All temps sub-freezing, and some sub-zero for the next week. <sigh>

Lyn - It is inspiring to see you working your circumstances. Less than ideal, but you're making it happen. And you're probably right. Good you didn't pull as hard as you could on those car doors. Never can say what accidental damage you could do with those guns.

Diane - "Sometimes it is just really hard." That's really what I needed to hear. I have the negative self-talk happening, and it's telling me that "normal" people don't struggle with this like I do. Thank you for empathizing. I really can do this.

Mandy - That first trimester can be really draining. The second trimester is, in my opinion, the best. Baby starts moving. Some of the early pregnancy symptoms subside, and the baby is not yet huge. And this is one of those life things that demonstrate that our commitment to eating nutritiously and exercising is about increasing the functionality of our bodies, not just for vanity. It's so exciting that this is happening!

Dealing with the extreme hunger. Still not conquering it. I may do a sugar-free thing for a few days. Think I figured out a gym solution. Working on a food solution. I used to eat tuna / salmon / chicken, etc. at my desk, but I am temporarily sharing an office with four people, so I have become self-conscious about how smelly these foods are. I decided to go back to more processed food, like protein bars, temporarily. But that has backfired, as I find myself craving processed foods more and more. Maybe I will just resign myself to eating at more regular times and stepping away from my desk to do it. I am trying the protein shakes now, but I brought two, and someone stole one yesterday.

Gonna figure this out. And going running today for the first time in a couple of weeks. Should be good.