Old 02-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #121  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Ugh..... That's me today.

I went to Body Pump this morning. That's the good part. I didn't get my 10,000 steps in yesterday. I didn't get to do C25K last night. I had to go with my daughter to a hearing regarding her drivers license, and now it is suspended for 3 months. And, it should be. She has had a bunch of tickets (no DUI's or anything like that, "just" speeding), so totally her fault. But it pretty much took it all out of me. Plus, I ran out of time. Plus it was cold...

I am going to do the C25K tonight. Maybe I'll feel better!

Laurie: Good for you, getting back to the running. And yes, it is not just you! I totally get the negative self talk. Losing a whopping 2 pounds for February had me frustrated. But we just have to keep fighting the good fight and moving forward. I do wish it could be easy!!!!!!

Mandy: I agree that the 2nd trimester is better. Just give in to the exhaustion because even if you don't see as much right now, your body is definitely working hard!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #122  

Height: 5'5"

Diane - I am not surprised that you take that position on your daughter's driver's license. And I'm going to take inspiration from that as well. I am not doing the things I should be doing to make my life and health better. And I am earning the results of those decisions. And even if your February total was only 2 pounds (agree - frustrating), you are making progress, both in total weight loss and strength and toning. Plus, the fitness thing. We are both reaping what we have sown.

So, here's the thing. I get SSSOOO hungry, and I am not comfortable again until I'm overfull, because that's what my body has been used to for years. When I get into healthier eating patterns, I don't feel this overwhelming psychological drive for fullness all of the time, but for the majority of the past 10 years, I have been programmed to be overfull. I do well during the day, but then I start eating when I get off work and I have not stopped.

Today, I will commit to coming here if I am going to make a bad decision. Yesterday, I worked through my gym time. Not for something that had a pressing deadline, but just for something I wanted to get off my desk. If I decide to do that today, I will come here to explain it first. And if I can actually articulate a good reason to skip the gym, I'll skip it. But if I can't, off I go.

Same for food. I was sent two emails and got a third personal notice that there were donuts available for our department yesterday. The first two, I ignored. The third, I consented. Because I can have one donut and stay on plan. Which I can. But couldn't yesterday. And knew I couldn't.

I planned on stopping at the gym on the way home yesterday because I skipped my planned time, but I forgot to pack socks. So, I decided instead to leave again for the gym in the evening, after the stepson's choir concert. But I ate so much I couldn't go to the gym. Again, I will commit to explaining that decision before I make it.

Today's plan:

1 - Go to the gym at 2:30 my time. I don't have anything deadline-driven. Just stuff I want to get done. But I am putting in my required time and staying on top of things at work. I need to keep this gym commitment for me.

2 - Plan a separate dinner for me, and STICK WITH ONLY THAT. This will be the hardest. But if I decide to "just have a handful of Cheetos," I will explain that decision to the group.

I NEED one good, on-plan day. And I need it to be today. I may come back to talk myself off a ledge. But if I want to reap health (and the ability to fit in my clothes, which is being threatened), I need to start sowing more prudently.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 02-25-2015 at 02:04 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Lyn- Sometimes I hip check the car door when it freezes and then pull lol

Sorry ladies I'm at work and will post in to check up with you guys later!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #124  

Good morning, everyone!

Skinnygirl - I love a good hip check! I have never tried it on a frozen car door, though. Sounds like a good tip. And since it's still quite frigid here, it may come in handy.

My day yesterday was better than most in a long time. I forgot to weigh this morning, as I am no longer in the habit, but I am trying to get back into the habit. I didn't go to the gym at the time I planned, but for a reason that I felt good enough about to post here. The snow had descended, and the roads were slick, so I just decided to leave work early and stop at the gym rather than risk two ventures into the snow. I was disappointed that the gym was so busy, but I adjusted and did some spinning instead of my planned weight lifting. And I probably ate too much for dinner, but I did not binge.

So, today is the same plan. I intend to go the gym in the afternoon. If I decide, for example, that it's okay to eat one of the donuts right outside my office, I will come here to explain why. I will reap what I sow. Right, Diane? For today, that will be good choices for my health and my wardrobe.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #125  
Diane

Hi all. I came here yesterday, but didn't post because mine was already the last post. Went to spin yesterday, W5D2 of C25K last night after work, and then to Body Pump this morning. So, workouts are still going well. I was really excited with running last night. It was great. I think I just had a really bad week last week, and this week has been much better. The only bad thing is that the weather is supposed to be kind of bad starting today through next Monday. I might have to find an alternative to being at the park. I was talking to a friend at work and she reminded me that there is an indoor track at the college. They have punchcards that you can buy, rather than a full blown membership to their gym. I might do that. I am just not a fan of the treadmill.

I've been trying to buckle down on my food plan this week. So far, it seems to be going better than last week. I haven't felt like cooking all week, so that's more of an issue than anything else. Easy stuff seems to be the less healthy stuff in my house.

Laurie: It sounds like you have a good plan there. Keep taking it one day at a time, keep posting, and you'll be fine! You did great yesterday, so that's good news! Stay away from the donuts, and get to the gym! Ha!

Skinnygirl: Like the "hip check" idea!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #126  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Oh my goodness. Yesterday I was so exhausted I felt like I could fall asleep on my feet, and so nauseous the only food I ate was a sandwich at dinner time so I didn't immediately vomit up my prenatal vitamin.

Welcome to Week 6, right?

Still monitoring my weight. It seems to be fluxing between 295 and 298... which is scary because I really was hoping I would be able to keep it below 300 for pregnancy. Looks like that is gonna be some wishful thinking... unless the morning sickness shows up much more forcefully than it has (really nauseous occasionally, but no vomiting yet).

Trying to keep food reasonable, but I seem to have an aversion to meat at the moment. I want cheese and bread and cookies, but not meat or veggies. Which is weird, because I normally enjoy meat and veggies for every dinner. I fear my protein level is much lower than it should be, but I've also started drinking milk a bit more frequently so I hope that is helping.

Also, the "I'm so thirsty, wait I've gotta pee" bit is annoying me, and amusing my husband because I give him so much grief about his tiny bladder.

18 more days until my doctor appointment.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #127  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

So.

Had a major, absolutely horrible panic attack today. To the point of feeling like I was going to pass out while driving because I was hyperventilating so bad on a road where there was nowhere to pull over. Had to call a friend and have her talk to me the rest of the way to work. Where I promptly informed my manager that I wasn't going to be able to work tonight. The first time I've had to call out from this job.

Because of a bloody panic attack. The likes of which I haven't seen in years. I've had a couple of mild ones in the last year but this was curled up in the closet, rocking myself, talking to myself during the summer of 2011 when the ex had me convinced I was going crazy because I suspected his affair bad.

All because of an incident that happened Monday at work that I suppressed before having a chance to vent about it after I got off and have spent the last two days off suppressing while my subconscious was being dragged right back into the house with my ex.

Yeah. So yeah.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #128  

Jessica - I am so sorry about the panic attack. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident. So glad you had a friend who could help you through it.

Mandy - I lost weight during my first pregnancy due to the same sort of stuff you're experiencing -- an inability to eat and a general distaste for food, as well as some hardcore poverty. I gave birth to a healthy-weight child, and my doctor was never concerned about my weight. You may stay under 300 after all, if it continues to be difficult to eat. =) I do hope it gets easier for you, though, and I totally sympathize with the frequent urination thing. I drink so much during the day, the bathroom trips start to get totally out of hand.

Diane - You are a rock star! And I love that you are using your "mama voice" on me. Also, you are totally a runner! And have been for weeks! Like you, I can't wait for consistently nice weather. It is so much easier to get in a run when I don't have to trek to the gym to do it.

212.0 when I weighed today. 23 pounds up from my lowest weight (in recent history), and 66 pounds down from my highest weight. What a lovely place to start!

Had a not-great day yesterday. It went well until I made cookies with my daughter, and ate cookie dough and cookies. But at least it wasn't a completely mindless binge.

Today will be a fantastic day! I will get me to a gym to do some running. And I will do better with food.

Hope everyone else's day is amazing as well.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #129  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi!

I hope everyone has been doing well tackling their regains.

I haven't posted lately. I am 6 weeks out from recovering from emergency hernia surgery. It's been a very slow (but steady) recovery. I have only felt reasonably normal and more capable in the last week, having spent a lot of time in a recliner and gingerly moving around, burning very little calories. I have gained 4 lbs since my surgery date, and I had already regained before that D: It's imperative I lose both of my regains in order to protect the integrity of the surgical repair.

I just got the LoseIt app on my phone. So far I really like it. Fingers crossed it helps with accountability.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #130  
Diane

Pretty much over this week. I'm so glad it is Friday. Thankfully, I have my workouts to keep me sane. I went to spin this morning. It was a struggle, I think just because it is the end of the week and my legs are getting tired. I don't know if I'll be running tonight after work. It depends on the weather. We had some snow coming down earlier, but now it has stopped. Maybe it will be good enough to go. We'll see. If not, I might go back to the gym and just try to get the W5D3 of C25K done on the treadmill. I don't want to try to do it tomorrow.

It is my anniversary tomorrow. We were planning to go out to eat, but I'm not really very happy with him right now, so we'll see. I might just go by myself. Seriously. My daughter has caused some stresses, and I'm not agreeing with my husband about it. He was such an idiot about it last night and wouldn't take the time to really talk about it. So, I am pretty much done talking to him for now. I guess we'll see how it goes tonight.

TooWicky: Glad to hear you are healing up after your surgery. Definitely gives you motivation to lose weight with something like that! You'll do great. Take it easy with the healing process though!

Laurie: Sounds like you have a good day planned! Your starting weight is really good. You will be back down in no time.

Jessica: Hope things are going better for you now! I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Mandy: Yep, having a baby is not easy! I am glad to hear that you are monitoring your weight. I put on an excessive amount of weight with my second one. That's what "not paying attention to it" does to you.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #131  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I'm just doing a quick check in which may not be so quick depending on when my meeting starts. Okay so I'm sorry I disappeared into thin air. I've missed you guys terribly and I've even been on a few times to catch up and check in, (SQUEEEEEEEEE Mandy's having a baby SQUUUEEEEE!!!!!) only to get dragged away by something. It's been a busy few weeks and one of my favourite things to do is to sit and do personals because it's like I'm chatting with you guys. What really I should have done was just check in (actually) quickly (rather than one of my "quick" check ins that is chapters long). Anyho I'm back now. And committed to checking in on the regularly even and posting even if I have to go mid-sentence. (Okay so I lie, I've been doing this post for 2 (okay now 3) hours off and on now. #tsk #TheJobWontLetMy3FCLifeBeGreat)

Plan wise things have been a mixed bag. I did not win my diet bet although I did lose an unprecedented (no sarcasm) SIX pounds in one month (ahhhhh!!!) I got back from New York yesterday and I'm at work today (oh jetlag, my jetlag)- it's a not fun 6 hour time difference. I'm terrified of the scale because let's just say as usual, America was wayyyyyy to tasty for me. You guys that live there are mega rockstars because The Temptation!!! It's been really hard to get on track today and I'm already wayy over where I need to be, I'm sure. To make getting on plan even more complicated, tomorrow is my mom's birthday and my dad and brother who were supposed to do the party planning have done nothing so today I'm scrambling to get things organized and it's going to be a foody mess so things are not looking up. Although, just because is a party doesn't mean I can't pull up my big girl socks and get myself back on track. In fact, I suppose today is not wasted in the end, it's only 1pm ish and there's still lots of time to turn bad decisions around.

Diane, I'm also redoing a week of C25K- week 6. I did it on the treadmill last week so I'm doing it outside now and I did day 1 today and it feels a LOT harder. Even when I wasn't posting and was catching up on mobile, I was inspired by your workouts as always and even if no one else is posting, someone is always reading so by all means post even if you're the last poster. It seems a lot more lively and active now which makes it easier though so yay!

Lyn: Heyyy!!! I'm sooo inspired how you've been rocking it out through the upheaval of the move and all the travelling back and forth . I'd have been afraid of frozen doors too. I'm the sort of person that always ends up looking like Godzilla girl in public because I break keys in locks and would probably rip frozen car door handles off and end up being that behemoth who needs the technician in the thunderstorm or ice storm.

Mandy: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been sooooo excited since I read your news. That's awesome! Can't wait for more tales of pregnancy life and for your little one to get here! You're going to be THE BEST mom!

Jessica: I'm so sorry you had a panic attack. I'm glad you're okay and had the support of a friend to get you through it. Every experience is a lesson learned and so please don't suppress stuff. Come vent. Even to us. Let it out.

Laurie: I was doing well but I've been struggling too the past week and it's not been pretty. You're right though, we get out what we put in and we should at least be accountable for our decisions. I know EXACTLY why my pants are tight even if I want to whine about it. How goes the new job in general now that you're more than a month in?

Okay so it's gone past 1 a.m. and I'm about to go to bed and this is 12 hours since I started this post. BUT I'm not going to sleep another night without saying hello. I'm sure I've been beyond ninja'd at this point but I'm clicking "post" before I procrastinate this into next week. I hope you guys are all right and wish you all an AMAZING weekend.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:10 AM   #132  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

I appreciate it guys. I am doing better today. A lot better. It wasn't intentional, Toasted. Literally I stepped outside and called one of my other co-workers with the intention of venting to her but in the time it took me to get outside, I had already forced the situation from my mind. I imagine someone might say that was evidence that it clearly wasn't a big deal but the fact that it managed to have such a huge psychological effect without me consciously dwelling on it speaks to the exact opposite. Makes me sad sometimes to realize just how much it all still effects me.

In brighter news, the passes for ComicCon came in yesterday and I took Josh and Helen to get some subs for dinner during which Helen informed me that she thinks I'm adorable. XD
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #133  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Toasted - Your excitement made me laugh... and is pretty much what my reaction was when I saw the positive on the test. (I took FOUR... I couldn't believe it. I was convinced they were wrong, but they just kept coming up positive...)

Headed out to dinner (we'll see how much I actually eat... this nausea is no joke) and a concert tonight. I'm so incredibly excited.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #134  
Diane

Hey everyone. Missed posting yesterday, it was a busy day. Friday after work, I did the W5D3 of C25K. It went pretty well. This was the 20 minutes of running with no break. I did have to stop a couple of times, but only for a few seconds, so I'm counting it as a win and moving on to week 6. I still have a lot of time left before the race, but I'm ready to move on anyway. I noticed that once the program is done, you are just supposed to keep practicing until the race. Then yesterday, went to Body Flow and then did 40 minutes of walking. The office challenge includes walking 10,000 steps per day, so I had to take some time to get it in.

Hubby and I made up, like we always do... and celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary last night... at Red Lobster. Totally went off plan, but it was so good! We don't go there very often, so I thought it was ok to slip. We really don't go out much at all, so when we do, we go all out! It was fun.

Today is a rest day, just trying to get lots of water in to counter the rich food from last night.

Mandy: Oh, I hope you have a nice dinner. It is so hard the first 3 months! I think this night out will be great for you!

Wordy: Ouch on the toe!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Garnet: Glad that Helen likes you!!! That's a good hurdle to get over!

Toasted: So happy to see your post! You've been missed!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #135  

Good morning! Just a quick check-in. Definitely not going to be as cool as Toasted's check-in. But YAY YOU'RE BACK!!!!

I have a new paralegal starting today, and she's mine, all mine. I'm so excited about having someone on my team. I feel like we're going to rock this.

I still cannot figure out the food thing. And the exercise thing is not going well either. It is Monday, though. Traditional "starting over" day. Going to start trying to leave at 1:30 instead of 2:00 for the afternoon work-out. See if that works better.

So excited that this thread is getting more activity! Will do a longer check-in tomorrow.