Old 01-21-2015, 02:04 PM   #16  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Went to spin this morning. Gotta love it, the instructor came in just a tiny bit late and she was talking about how tired she was, yawning, etc. Then, she got on the bike and gave us a killer workout. I was afraid I wouldn't finish, that's how hard it was. But, made it. Like someone else said, "She never fails to deliver." Tonight after work is W1D2 of C25K. I'm looking forward to it. I have noticed being much more stiff this week and I think it is from adding the extra workout. But, gotta bust through it. April will be here before you know it. I just have to watch how much I eat after. Yes, you burn calories on C25K, but I can't go all out and give in to way more food than necessary. It did stimulate my appetite last time.

Toasted: Aw! Disappointing when you have to give up more sleep to work out. That's tough!

Laurie: Way to go, keeping beast mode going. Good for you on doing dips, too. I hate them! I finally got to where I could at least do them, but it doesn't make them fun. Oh, and I wasn't sure about doing 2-a-days, but it seems to be working out ok. I just couldn't see where I could fit in the C25K without giving up the other workouts that I really like. I will probably keep it at 3 times a week, though.

Lyn77: Tea is a good substitute for you. I am not a fan of sweetened tea, but for you, stevia is a good choice.

MissLoud: Good job with the boogie workout!!

allisonm: I remember you as watchhershrink. So glad you're here. It is hard, but I know you can do it! Just try to be patient and take it one day at a time.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

#takingaharddumpface

Oh, Toasted, this has to be my FAVORITE hashtag of all time.

So, question for you runners.

I decided I would try to see what I can do at steady state cardio today, even though I want to keep my emphasis on intervals because my primary goal is calorie burn. I decided to run for 2 miles at 5.0 mph. It felt like a nice easy pace (Can you believe that? I used to struggle to get to 4.2 for 30 seconds!), but I stopped just short of the first mile. I decided that I was probably just tired from my 2-a-days, and decided to allow myself to just walk out the rest of the 3 miles I had planned. But I soon got impatient with that, and did intervals for the rest of the way, including one Beast Mode-worthy 7.1 mph interval for 30 seconds. I finished at 3.25 miles, and while my body felt tired, as in physically heavy when I tried to move it, I honestly felt like I could go forever, and did a bonus quarter mile at 5.4 mph just cuz. (My second cardio session of the day is going to be low-impact, though, cuz my right knee is complaining just a tiny bit post-work-out.)

I feel like this is totally mental. I feel like my cardiovascular health is strong enough to do at least 2 miles at the 5.0 mph pace. Gains in steady-state running are not my priority. Burning calories is. So, I want to keep the interval training, but I would also like to run my 5K in April at a decent pace without stopping.

So, the question - Is this totally mental? If so, what are the mental tools I need to succeed? I only plan on trying to do steady state maybe once a week, if that, but I really want to able to run a single 10-minute mile at some point. If it's just that I need to train differently to be able to achieve real gains in steady-state running, then that goal will be put on hold until I am closer to goal weight.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #18  

Good morning, all!

Toasted - My Beast Mode pales in comparison to yours, particularly given your insane work schedule. And I'm amazed that you're waking up early to exercise, given that your snooze-button tendency seems comparable to mine. I'm still trying to decide if I want to commit to morning work-outs.

Diane - Queen of the morning work-outs! Can I tell you how much I love the fact that you're doing two-a-days not primarily to burn extra calories, but because you love the exercise you're doing and you also want to do the C25K? I have moments in time where exercise just seems annoying, but I love when I realize that I would probably do the exercise for the sake of doing it, even if calories weren't an issue. It's easier to prioritize when I also need the calorie-burn, but I genuinely enjoy both the benefits of, and often the process of, exercise.

5 days of Beast Mode completed! I feel like I could tighten up on a few eating choices. I ate a handful of Flamin' Hot Limon Cheetos last night and a small piece of bread. But my food slip-ups were minor, and within calories. I also had an abbreviated second work-out, as I allowed my daughter to borrow my car, and she was late picking me up. Nevertheless, I am counting it in the "Beast Mode" column and resolving to get a little tighter today.

So, for today, I am going to do 1 session of heavy lifting and 1 of running. I commit to 4.25 miles of intervals. I did my chair dips yesterday, but not my push-ups or office mini-walks. (And, yes, Diane, I agree - they're not fun. I have a lot of excess skin on my arms, though, and am hoping that strengthening the triceps will marginally improve the look of it. I am also aware that my strategy may not be a great one, as I have fairly well developed biceps and these things have led to tops being either loose everywhere but the arms, or well-fitting everywhere but the arms, and uncomfortably tight on the arms. <sigh>) That will be rectified today.

I am also continuing my scale moratorium, and just like when I weigh, I am so glad I'm doing it sometimes and so frustrated I'm doing it other times. Maintaining "Beast Mode" is really requiring a lot of mental energy, and if I'm not losing as fast as I would like (or, horror, not losing at all - always a possibility), it messes with my mind. Even though I know the scale is not an accurate reflection of fat loss. Even though I have tracked patterns and recognize them. If I lose quickly, it feels like I can let up some. If I'm not losing, I can either get very discouraged and want to double-down efforts (often to a dangerous level) or I have to fight the urge to get up. Going without the scale right now is the right thing for me. But I kind of hate it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 01-22-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #19  

Height: 5'11"

I'm so impressed with everybody's workout schedule. I know I have to take it slow because of how big I am now. But wow. You guys are awesome.

LaurieDawn: How long has it taken you to work up to that running? I want to be a runner so much. I'm majorly impressed.

Slashnl: I remember you and a few other "faces" from the last time. I'm amazed at this forum for lasting and remaining active for so long. I'm glad that it has!

Toasted: Tell us your secret. How do you NOT hit the snooze button?! haha

Today I'm trying something new. Instead of eating the bulk of my calories during the day, I'm going to try to eat mostly fruit and veg and drink a shake during the day so that I have plenty of calories for dinner since regardless of a full on binge or not, I eat way past what I have left for calories at dinner. I seem to remember doing this back in the day. So I'm trying it to see how it goes. Day eating is mostly a habit for me anyway, the only time I get really genuinely hungry is in the evening. We'll see!

Last edited by allisonm; 01-22-2015 at 10:12 AM.
allisonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #20  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, W2D3 of C25k done but bearing in mind, I'm doing each week more than 3 days. I also got in a secondary workout right after my run so score, I can go to bed early today. It's a fast day and so far I'm doing alright- a coke zero and several cups of milky green tea with mint so about 90 calories all in for the day so far. I've kind of been a little munchy since I started c25k again which has coincided with TOM so I'm not actually sure which of the two is causing the surge in munchiness. No point going over where I want to be even if by only 100-200cals.

Laurie: As a lapsed/somewhat out of form runner, what you're experiencing is completely normal and the main reason I never tried to parlay my comfort with running 5km into doing 10ks. I too have experienced the "I feel bodily heavy and bored and physically done with the running activity but my lungs could go longer" feeling. Part of becoming a distance runner is building endurance in the legs and body to run a distance race not just the lungs. I think just like your cardiovascular fitness is improving dramatically as you continue to run intervals, your physical endurance (with your legs and such) will continue to improve as you run for longer more often. At least that's how it worked for me. I didn't finish C25k running actual 5k, but I could definitely run for 30 minutes and then once I could do that, I slowed down a little so I could complete an actual 5k (which took me 42mimutes that first time) and then realized I got bored running steady state longer than half an hour and when I got bored, I would realize how "over it" I felt and would want to quit, so I did another cycle of C25k at a greater speed and discovered that like you, I like running at intervals, but once or twice a week I'd do a steady state half-hour run and eventually I was doing more than 5k on my "long" (30 minutes) run days. Anyway suffice to say, I think what you're experiencing is normal and you're on the right track for your 5k and I don't at all think you have to give up interval running or that you're spoiling your progress with your approach. You're on the right track.

allisonm: Laurie knows my love of the snooze button is legendary. So much so that I have 3 separate alarms set staggered and I used to play snooze hockey with them all until I basically annoyed and frustrated myself out of bed with the racket. Believe me, I'm as shocked as any of you that I'm getting up at my first alarm. Maybe it's the fact that my $35 is at stake and Im telling myself it's only for a month... I'm hoping that I can stick to it though and that 17-day rule thing is real and by day 18, I'll be a real early bird... One of those worthy people that beat the sun (and I don't mean with a stick) and catch the worms (the proverbial kind). I hope the day eating strategy works for you like it did before. Let us know how it goes!

Lyn77: waking up at 5am????? The horror!!!! Ha at peeing like a dude! Is it bad that all I'm thinking is that would have been a perfect weigh in time??? Watchutalkinaboutwillis, 3 miles will never be measely!!! 1 mile is amazing, 2 more so. But rockstar is getting up and getting it done even when you don't feel like it!!! So please own your rock goddess status. Own it hard because it certainly didn't come easy. I'm stiff as can be too and it irks me also that it's doing things that I could do without a thought just a few months ago but oh well, at least I know I'm working the muscles. Yay 6 lbs of water weight down!!!!

Diane: yay making it through a hard workout! I'm also struggling with workout munchiness but we persevere!

Alright everyone, I wish you guys a blessed, on plan rest of the day!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #21  
Diane

Hi all! Went to body pump today. It seemed kind of difficult today, but didn't give in! I do like that class. I did W1D2 of C25K last night. It was better this time, except that they didn't announce when I had reached halfway, so I kind of screwed up my distance. It's ok, just had a little extra walking. It was colder last night, so not great that way. Then, as I was walking by an uncut, dry cornfield, the breeze was blowing the corn. It was such an eerie sound. Freaked me out just a bit, but I did go faster going by there! I feel really good about the workouts, although I am having a little more trouble in the mornings getting up! Tomorrow is spin, and then I'll either do the last day for week 1 of C25K tomorrow or leave it until Saturday.

I did better last night with food. I have been pushing the calorie goal a little. I was by myself, and was tempted by some of the bad stuff I have in the house, but I left it alone. Little victories.

Toasted: Thanks for your continued thoughts about running. I am so much a beginner, it is good to hear from you!!

Lyn77: Keep talking about your workouts! I love to hear about them. Oh, and just wanted to mention that I also have noticed more soreness from the running/walking outside. I think with running/walking, you do have more impact and it does make you sore until you are really used to it.

Allisonm: Good idea on changing things up with when you eat. It might really help you. I'm the same way, in that I save most calories for dinner. It just works better that way for me.

Laurie: So happy for you with your beast mode! You are killing it! I know that right now, I am so excited about workouts and I am actually enjoying them as I am working out, rather than just when they are over. I think that getting stronger and having the ability to push for more is such a great feeling. I am still weighing weekly, but I also know that with increased workouts, sometimes, the weight doesn't come off as well.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #22  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi ladies well its Friday for me a I'm struggling through another fast day. So tired! My husband had me up too late last night and its so hot today the kids are scratchy - I'm being a slack mum and have sat them down with an iceblock and a dvd. Not sure how the scales are doing but I've been getting alot of complements lately - feels weird when ive put on 5 pounds from my low to get complements I so don't deserve them, might be the tan.

Feeling a little down, as ive lost weight I've developed saggy skin beside my knees - it looks super weird almost like im melting! I guess when ive lost the weight I can get that fixed surgically, will have to talk to my doctor about waiting lists for that as they do some govt funded ones. Has anyone else considered surgery for loose skin ? I know I'm getting ahead of myself anyway you all have me inspired exercise wise, I took the dog for an hours walk before picking Tate up from Kindy and will get out on the rower tonight.

Laurie ~ Go Beastmode lol and good on you for powering through it. I know how you feel about the scales, sometimes you're damned if you do damned if you don't. Those little numbers can be so motivating an unmotivating at the same time, I'm trying to restrict myself to 1 - 2 times a week.

Toasted ~ man you have crazy work hours, and as for an hours commute that would kill me! Everything in our city is 15mins away lol good on you for squeezing in excercise into a crazy schedule. C25K hmmm think I might be the only one on this thread who has no intentions of running unless something is chasing me - power to yahs!

Diane ~ like everyone else said you are a workout inspiration! If I had half of your motivation to workout I would be a happy gal! Keep it up

Allisonm ~ Hi! Nice to have you here. Hmmm I'm not a huge binger, my problem is/was portion control. But I do have times when I go off the rails with certain foods, I found identifing the types of food that set me off (for me crackers, chips) and completely getting rid of them from my diet, I just can't be trusted with them because after I eat to much of them it becomes a case of why bother ive already ruined my diet. So good on you for identifying that you binge at night, when I want to eat at night I try to drink herbal tea and do my nails so I can't eat lol

Lyn77 ~ lol peeing like a dude! Erg early mornings are a killer, I guess for some parts because im a night owl. And 3 miles is nothing to sniff at! Go you

Right the kids want the slip and slide out, must oblige. Maybe they will let me read my book..... hmmm

Last edited by MissLoud; 01-22-2015 at 09:00 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #23  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

So I want to do personals but I'll be honest, got to spend the morning cuddling with Josh - he's exhausted from being on day seven or eight of a eight or nine day work week and had a pretty bad migraine. So, honestly, my brain's pretty much gone. It usually is. LOL.

Anyway. I finally made it to the social security office. Means I'm officially a Vincent again. YAY! I also picked up my skirt for my comic con outfit. Double yay. And now I'm getting side tracked... So maybe a sign I need to just go. Lol.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #24  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone. I hope you guys are all having a fab Friday. Yesterday's fast day went pretty well, I totally stayed on plan instead of being just over like I've been all this week so that was great. And today I hit the snooze button. I didn't go back to sleep though, I just needed the extra 5 minutes to convince myself to actually get up. It's my fault, I didn't go to bed till past midnight catching up on Wendy on YouTube... #SighsAtSelf It was all good though, the run and then the post-run workout which was even more cardio but with squats (jump squats) and planks (mountain climbers) and such like thrown in. I have a lower body strength workout to do this evening but I'm looking forward to tomorrow's lie-in. (No run, squeeeee!). Except it's not much of a lie in because someone (a friend of my parent's who was good to them when they first got married and thus I can't say no to) has invited themselves over for breakfast. WHO invites themselves over for breakfast???? On a weekend??? I mean brunch, I can see... maybe even lunch, dinner for sure, but breakfast???? Anyway they said to expect them at 9, I'm hoping that 7.30 is going to feel positively decadent compared to my recent wake up schedule and therefore, I'll feel a little less resentful. It's not like I serve them cereal and toast... #LeSigh man....

Diane: I'm really new to running outdoors (much harder probably because my speed isn't being controlled for me and so I'm running faster than I have to!) and certainly running outdoors before the sun comes up. Alone. With my sound-blocking wireless headphones on so I wouldn't hear if I was being creeped up on... #dundundun but anyway, I persevere. I have a park nearer home which I prefer because it's less trafficked and I could possibly break out into a dance when my jam comes on, but I've been going to the bigger, more popular, slightly farther away park because there's more traffic getting there and more early morning walkers and joggers in that direction. It's not my preference but it does get creepy when it's dark and you're by yourself so needs must. Yay getting all this exercise in! You're amazing!

Kelly: Lol at not running except I'm being chased. LOLOLOL! #iCant I'm not lacking in irony. I think when my runs begin to feel hard I always get that thought of "this is ridiculous, are you being chased?" but then I've always dreamed of being a runner because I think they're so cool and so I persevere, but I do ask myself ALL THE TIME! Sorry about the saggy knees but yay on losing enough weight that you can tell now in a real skin saggy way. Hopefully your skin snaps in a little the more time your body has to get used to being smaller!

Jessica: #teamJ from the start! You're moving along with your life and everything and that's inspirational. Go Jessica go!!! And yay skirt and getting rid of old name baggage!

Alright guys. It's Friday, Friday (#rebeccablacklyricsgalore) and I hope you guys have a wonderful start to your weekend. Let there be on-plannedness, y'all!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #25  

Lyn - I tend to like simple foods, so these suggestions may or may not be ones you appreciate. Admittedly, my protein sources tend to be kinda smelly, like the pouches of fish. I minimize the smell by sealing them up immediately after I eat them and disposing of them in outside garbages, but with your sensitivity, that may not work for you. But I also sometimes bake on Sunday a 3-lb bag of frozen boneless chicken breasts with different flavorings I find in my cupboard, and individually bag them up and take them to work. That tends to smell less than the commercially bagged prepared chicken breasts. I eat lots of fresh produce, from carrots to spinach to oranges to apples to sugar snap peas. Mmmm - sugar snap peas. In a pinch, I also really like protein bars, shakes, etc. I also don't really eat full meals, generally, unless I'm eating with someone. On a typical day, I will consume 2 or 3 portions of lean protein (about 2-3 ounces), some snacky produce like sugar snap peas or spinach, some type of fruit, lots of water/unsweetened herbal tea, and some of my Colon Blow cereal (which I eat straight from the box). I eat when it's convenient and I'm feeling hungry or after lifting, and I eat at my desk. Except for my evening meal, I don't really "prepare" anything, and when I work late, I just continue to eat the same foods. In all honesty, I much prefer the experience of eating pomegranate seeds (the tartness, the crunchiness, the juiciness, the sweetness) to eating donuts.

There you go. That may or may not be helpful to you. But in my regularly-scheduled life (i.e. when I am not actively neglecting work), I just need foods that I don't really have to think about. I tend to shop once or twice a week, and leave food in my office.

And you know what? Walking three miles rocks. Being stiff and sore means that you are pushing yourself and improving your fitness levels. Embrace the rock star, Missy. Good advice, as always, from Toasted.

Toasted - Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful response. I am reevaluating the running thing (AGAIN!). Your experience mirrors my own. My first time through C25K, which I think I completed in August or so, I was running a half an hour, but not nearly fast enough to complete a 5K in that time. I could, however, run 5K without stopping. I tried it again with a new strategy yesterday, and got to 1.2 miles before walking. So, I now need to figure out my priorities. I want to be able to run long distances. But my first priority is to burn calories to assist in the weight loss. I'm also looking at doing some tabatas. Just gotta toss it around in the brain for a bit, I think.

Allisonm - I am going to challenge your "I have to take it slow because of how big I am" statement. Your body is capable of incredible things if you push it. Whether to run is a subject up to debate, because running at high weights definitely impacts the knees, but people your size and bigger do run successfully. But you can get a helluva work-out in the weight room or on the elliptical or the row machine, etc. regardless of size. I say this with the caveat that hard work-outs aren't for everyone. They aren't necessary to lose weight, and while some people thrive on pushing through the misery, others feel miserable about it. But, if you want to do it, you absolutely can!

For a few months, I did the "restrict my calories to 2-300 in the day so that I can eat whatever the family is eating in the evening" and was liking it. Hope it works well for you!

Jessica - Oh man! You want to do personals, but you can't, because an incredible man that you loooove wants to snuggle with you. I'd write more, but I'm afraid that I will destroy my keyboard with the volume of tears flowing from my eyes. #TeamJ!

Kelly - I feel like I'm relating to virtually everything people are saying on here! I have gotten to the point where I just can't deny that I have (and will continue to have) loose skin. My stomach, my arms, and my thighs are the worst. I still have 30 or 40 pounds that I want to lose, so this isn't my focus yet, but I HATE that every pair of pants I have is loose on me everywhere except for that pouch of skin hanging from my stomach, which is just unsightly. <sigh> It's a much better problem than the ones that accompanied weighing 280 pounds, though, so...

Diane - Dry, eery cornfields, eh? Awesome. I am just in awe that you are making your 2-a-days work. Not surprised, mind you. Just adding it to the pile of things that make me in awe of you.

Still rocking Beast Mode! It feels less Beast Mode now that it's becoming a habit, and I admittedly am letting a little bit more junk in than I should. A couple handfuls of Flaming Hot Limon Cheetohs last night, followed by half a pop tart to cool my tongue back down. But no binges, good total calorie numbers, and two work-outs. Still counts, in my book. (Though my husband did become kind of food police-y last night. "Why are you ruining your two work-outs today by eating those Cheetohs?"

Thinking of taking a rest day today. I've been pushing pretty hard. But I think I want to make it more of an "active rest" day. I think I'll go for a walk or maybe ride a stationary bike, not pushing myself at all. But tonight's pizza night, and I don't want to have pizza, so I may just excuse myself, go to the gym, and enjoy some solitary time reading or watching some Netflix while I casually pedal.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #26  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Woke up starving and decided to finish off leftover pizza. Gonna take my time getting together and out of the house today. But I am gonna get out of the house and probably see Josh. He's said I can come over and watch him study if I promise not to be distracting so I might just take him up on that. Because he's all kinds of entertaining when he's studying. He makes random observations about what he's studying. It's weird having two days off. I was hoping it'd be dry and sunny this morning so Luna and I could take a walk but it's not right now. Maybe it'll clear up by this afternoon. Had to take a few days off from planking. I woke up two days ago with an ache behind my shoulder blade. It only hurts when I breath deeply and it's the same spot I've had issues before. I think it's a deep tissue injury from when I was bucked into a try several years back and Luna slept pressing against it wrong the other night. I don't think it's the planks that were causing the problem because I planked all summer and only ran into the ache once, again, after Luna had slept at a particularly awkward angle.

Toasted, ew for people inviting themselves over early in the morning. It's one thing if you invite them. Completely different when they're doing it themselves.

Laurie, NINJA'D! To be clear, it had less to do with more snuggling and more to do with my brain tends to completely shut off for a while regarding anything but what he and I have talked about after we get together. You should look into a nice gourmet style of pizza for you. There's a place in town here that makes a fantastic veggie pizza. <3

Speaking of. Your "that you love" comment... It reminded me of something I was thinking about yesterday. You know how I'm always saying that I don't know what whatever this is is? Well I still don't know and I don't have any expectations, but it reminded me of something my dad said at one point. I was having a conversation with him about the whole dating as an adult thing and asked how do you know if you're in a relationship - I mean, it's not like when you're kids and you go will you be my boyfriend. He said, generally speaking if you have to ask that question, they you're probably not there yet. My father may have a lot of crazy, but every once and a while I think he says something pretty wise. At the time, I didn't necessarily agree, because it feels like if you just assume, either you're making assumptions about how the other person feels or forcing them to be a part of a relationship with out giving them the option. That being said, I can't really get around the fact that I'm pretty sure Josh and I could be described as "seeing each other" at this point. I wouldn't say we're necessarily boyfriend/girlfriend but I think that has more to do with the fact that I think at our age, the terminology seems a bit juvenile than anything else. ANYWAY.

Last edited by garnetrising; 01-23-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #27  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Aw Jessica oh the flushes of early relationships, its a minefield! I remember way back when calling my (now husband) my boyfriend and yes it feels so highschool lol and introducing him as my partner sounded way to serious. It is what it is, so pleased you are having fun. And super yah on the name change!

Totally laurie, im not too bothered about the mummy belly I have (especially after 2 csections) at least I can cover it or smooth it out with shapewear but saggy knees?! Seriously it looks like I have 2 knees
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #28  
Diane

S...S...S...Slammed at work. Oh joy.

Went to spin today. It was a good workout. Two women decided it was a good time to chat... I hate that. But made it through. It depends on when I get home tonight if I do the 3rd day of C25K tonight or just wait until tomorrow. I'd like to go tonight and then be done for the week. We'll see.

I got on the scale and it hasn't moved. We'll see if it moves by Monday. I'm feeling strong, and loving it, but the numbers aren't making me happy. Oh well. May have to tweak something if I start to stall.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #29  
Jessica, Becoming Me

So more than the shoulder, my back has started aching today. So as I'm driving home from Josh's house, I realize that I woke up ravenous and my back is aching... And the last Monday of the month is right around the corner. Pretty sure, at this point, that time of the month is almost here. Don't we all love that experience. -_-

Kelly, super super yay on the name change. I'm pretty happy that it's finally done. Of course now I've got to start getting it changed on everything else. Oh joy.

Lyn, he has his moments. They are few and far between, but they do happen.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:14 PM   #30  
Diane

Hi all! Busy Saturday for me, I had to come in to work. Oh well. I went to work out first, did Body Flow today and I'll do W1D3 of C25K later when I get home. Body flow was great. I haven't been in a really long time, but I felt pretty strong and didn't feel like I have lost all progress in that area. I definitely need to keep going. I was going to do C25K before Flow, but I didn't have time. Oh well! Then, tomorrow is a rest day for me. I'm so ready for that. I am hoping that will help with weigh in on Monday morning.

At work, we are starting a wellness program. It is actually going to be a competition, with everyone being assigned to a team. It won't be for weight loss, I don't think, but more for how many steps per day you do, if you do cardio or weigh training, etc. It is mandatory, which kind of surprises me that you can make it mandatory, but I think most would be ok with doing it. There are two people in the office that I think will not be happy. Kind of looking forward to hearing their take. Ha! Anyway, one of the things you will do is to either give up something or add something healthy to your life for 90 days. It doesn't have to be food related, it can be something like watching 1 hour less of TV per day. I am trying to decide what to do for me. Giving up pizza popped into my head when I first heard about it, but jeez..... I don't know..... we usually have pizza every Friday night. I might have to think of something else. I just know it won't be giving up coffee or something drastic like that.

Jessica: Well, hopefully the backache is TOM and isn't something else more serious. Gotta love it. I think I'm almost done with TOM. It has been very irregular, so we'll see if it comes back. I haven't had it for a couple of months now.

Lyn77: That's too bad about the possible surgery. That's never fun!