Height: 5'4.5''

Day 7: 198.6
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #77  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
New low on the scale today. 231.8! So excited to get down to 229. Not only will it be my first mini-goal, but that's also when I'll actually have less than 100lbs to lose too (assuming my goal weight stays the same). It's a multi-win scale achievement.

I actually don't know if my goal weight is really right for me. I'll probably have to adjust it as I get further down. It's been so long since I've been down that low, basically I haven't been even in that realm since high school. In high school I was around 145-150 (which technically puts me into the "overweight" category for my height), but I was also really, really active in sports so I likely had more lean mass (muscle) than I do now, or than I expect to when I get lower in the future. I just don't see myself working out for several hours a day like I did with the sports stuff. We shall see though!

Meal plan for today:

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink (4 pp)
Snack: Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 pp)
Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Soup (10 pp) I couldn't find reduced fat tortilla chips and ended up getting regular.. so that added some points to the recipe.
Dinner: More enchilada soup (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ granola (4 pp) Glass of Wine (2 pp)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/36
Weekly points Used: 5/35

Exercise: Just Dance Sweat Mode (40 minutes)

Congrats on your new low!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #78  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Irish, Sunarie, and Ciao, way to keep pressing forward! Also glad to hear Thanksgiving plans are now in your favor Sunarie!

My migraine got a lot worse and lasted for three days. So one day a week I will make sure to have more carbs than usually, a full E day according to following Trim Healthy Mama. I plan to try a new recipe today, red velvet cupcakes, low carb/S or keto depending on the plan one follows.

Down to 283.6 after biding adieu to TOM, I FINALLY broke through that plateau, hoping this trend continues. My NSV the other day was when I walked up to my husband as we were talking about things, and he randomly stopped our conversation and said "holy sh** you've lost weight!" I was all like and

You know it's working when your husband is noticing it! We are taking it easy today since it's Veterans Day, my husband served. As well as a lot of family and friends of ours. So I am hoping the cupcakes turn out well, I am considering starting a food blog!

Tender Garlic Slow Cooker Pot Roast
*2-3 lb beef roast, shoulder or chuck
*1 pack of mushroom onion soup mix (like Lipton)
*1 clove of garlic
*2 onions of choice
*1 cup beef broth
*Choices of spices (I use salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder)

Pour broth and packet of onion soup mix into slow cooker, mixing well. Place beef roast in slow cooker, then season the meat and broth with spices. Chop and slice onions, and throw into slow cooker, around and on top of roast. Peel garlic clove and put into slow cooker, you can mash them if you like. Cover and cook on low for a minimum of 8 hours, more if roast has not reached proper temperature. Your home will smell amazing throughout the day, try your best not to remove the top of the slow cooker until time to serve, as this will ensure a more tender roast. When I cut the roast I let it sit in the broth and juices for thirty minutes before serving so the meat absorbs more flavor.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #79  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Irish, Sunarie, and Ciao, way to keep pressing forward! Also glad to hear Thanksgiving plans are now in your favor Sunarie!

My migraine got a lot worse and lasted for three days. So one day a week I will make sure to have more carbs than usually, a full E day according to following Trim Healthy Mama. I plan to try a new recipe today, red velvet cupcakes, low carb/S or keto depending on the plan one follows.

Down to 283.6 after biding adieu to TOM, I FINALLY broke through that plateau, hoping this trend continues. My NSV the other day was when I walked up to my husband as we were talking about things, and he randomly stopped our conversation and said "holy sh** you've lost weight!" I was all like and

You know it's working when your husband is noticing it! We are taking it easy today since it's Veterans Day, my husband served. As well as a lot of family and friends of ours. So I am hoping the cupcakes turn out well, I am considering starting a food blog!
Congrats on breaking the plateau! I'm trying to break through bouncing between 197-199. Once I hit 196-something, I'm going to be doing a little dance, too!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Ciao - Congrats on making progress Hopefully TOM will be gentle to you.

Pink Hurricane - Grats on breaking through your plateau! Also grats on getting to add another little guy to your signature! I can't wait until I can actually see progress. Right now I still feel a lot better overall, but being able to see stuff will also be very nice. Thank you for the recipe! I'll have to add it to the list of ones we're trying out.

I'm holding at 231.8 today. Which is good. Went off meal plan yesterday. Boyfriend ended up bringing some food home from work and I munched on some of it (had two slices of pizza for dinner :x). That put me over points value a little. So today is lots of leftover soup!

Meal plan for today:

Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Soup (10 pp)
Dinner: More enchilada soup (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ granola (4 pp) English Toffee Ice Cream Bar (2 pp)

Weekly points Used: 5/35

Exercise: Zumba Activate DVD.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #81  

Sunarie & Pink - congrats on your break-throughs! It's so helpful to head into the holidays on an upswing isn't it?

Ciao - maybe 2 posts back you mentioned how busy you are and making time to post. I just wanted to share that, as helpful as this thread is....if I make it a "should" I will go into instant rebellion mode. Maybe not your thing...but we're just glad you're here. No rules or recriminations necessary!

I broke the 240 mark coming in at 239 today. Have been sleeping better, which helps me stay on plan.

I have been feeling kind of creaky in the joints as cold weather rolled in. So, I downloaded a yoga app on my Kindle to loosen up a bit. I used to do a fair amount of this when I was thinner, but can't stomach the class thing right now. But, this feels more like self-care vs. exercise, which is exactly what I'm trying to be accountable for.
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #82  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 8: 196.6

Finally broke through bouncing between 197-199.
I got a big woosh from yesterday (198.6) since TOM has ended.

Last edited by Ciao; 11-12-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #83  

Irishbabe - Thanks! I'm up to 232.2 again today, haha. Oh well! Either way I'll be entering the holidays on an upswing because regardless of weight I'm still healthier than I was two months ago due to exercise. Congrats to you on breaking the 240 mark! Good sleep is definitely a factor for weigh-ins I think. I've found that when I have bad nights where I only get a few hours my weight tends to go up.. and then after I finally get a good night's sleep I'll have a significant drop. Yay for starting yoga. I should look into it at some point. Flexibility is not one of my strong points.

Ciao - Congrats on getting under 197

My weekly point reset was today, yay! As previously mentioned I'm up to 232.2.. but I kinda expected that. Had a nearly 2lb loss last week and that's not typical for me.. Plus I kinda skimped on my water drinking for a few days (not intentionally) so could be retaining some water now.

Meal for today:

Lunch: Pork Potstickers (14 pp)
Dinner: Enchilada soup (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light (2 pp)

Weekly Points Used: 0/35

Old 11-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #84  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 9: 195.4 lbs

I think there's something really screwy with my scale, which is a bummer because it's a really good scale and I paid about $30 for it.
I've noticed that it jumps around a lot- first it'll always give me a way off number, like 200-something, then it was 196.6 (yesterdays weight), then it finally settled on 195.4.
I'm like ?????????

I try not to focus too much on it, though. I know as a daily weigher the scale can jump around a lot.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #85  

Height: 5'5"

I am behind a little, but it looks like this group is becoming increasingly active.

Ciao - It's good to have you here! It looks like we are almost the same weight. I expect that to change soon - my losses seem to have slowed to a super crawl. But,for now, we're hanging in the same neighborhood. =)

PinkHurricane - Eesh. Migraines are the worst. I'm so sorry you're suffering from them.

Sunarie - Ever here. Ever faithful. You continue to rock your plan. So amazing.

Irishbabe - I totally love yoga, though I rarely do it. But I agree with your assessment. It's more self-care than exercise, but it does great things for your body.

Mari - You posted this question a week ago, but I will answer anyway. I almost always go to the gym, even when I have some sort of an injury. Sometimes, my knees bother me. Today, my shoulder is bothering me. If it's just soreness, I just tend to ignore it. If it feels like an injury or a potential injury, I try to protect it. When I first started running at about 240, my right knee started bothering me about two weeks in, so I did the elliptical for a while. I am very protective of my physical abilities, so I am probably opt for the too-careful in protecting against injuries.

My weight loss has really slowed to a crawl, so I'm going into a revamping phase. I would really like to be down to 181 by 12/11. The first few days have not seen any real scale progress, but it is TOM for me, and that may (or may not) have anything to do with it. I'm just going to try to tighten up and revamp my plan, and if I don't hit goal, but I'm 185, I won't shed any tears. Even if I only maintain, I'm still thinner than I have been since 2007, so even that won't inspire any real tears.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #86  

Ciao - Scales acting up can be icky. It sounds like yours may be on the way out. I thought I'd snagged a good scale for around 25$ but then the reviews on Amazon are full of people saying to gave false weights shortly after they bought it and did the fluctuating thing you're referring to.. so I expect mine to break at some point. For now it does good.. gives me the same numbers when I step onto it. Just in case I put a better, highly rated scale on my Christmas wish-list. If yours is getting really wonky, maybe it's time for an early Christmas present?

LaurieDawn - Glad to see you posting I love the extra activity. Makes me feel like I'm monopolizing the thread a little less, haha. I love you attitude regarding how much you lose and your goals. It very much resembles the attitude I try and keep for myself, even if I do struggle a bit with it every so often.

Held at 232.2 for my weigh-in today. That put me down .6lbs for the challenge weigh-ins that were today. The week before was a larger than normal drop though, so they sorta even each other out. Need to go grocery shopping, had to throw some random stuff together for a smoothie today.

Meal plan for today:

Snack: Apple Yogurt Smoothie with Granola (5 pp)
Lunch: 3 Tacos (12 pp)
Dinner: Turkey Salad (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ granola (4 pp)

Old 11-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #87  
Bella Signora ♥

Day 10: 195.4

Had chili yesterday. Yummm! And stayed right at my weight, which I thought I would gain from all the crackers I ate.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #88  

Height: 5'5"

Sunarie - Yep. It's frustrating to see small results, but you're exactly right. Sometimes, they are a function of seeing great results the previous week. And the downward trend is really the most important part, and that's continuing. Woo hoo!

Ciao - Looks like you're on the right track too. Glad the crackers didn't cause a gain.

I got a scale whoosh this morning. Down 2.6 pounds from yesterday to 191.4 after weighing in at 194.x or 193.x every other day in October. I'm going to hold onto for dear life. I would love to see the 180s next week. =)

Have a great weekend everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #89  

Ciao - Chili and crackers is one of my winter favorites. Still a bit too warm here for that. For some reason I only like them when it's cold. Glad to hear you didn't have a gain

LaurieDawn - Yay for wooshes! Looks like you came out running with your revamp. Keep it up

232.0 on the scale today. So dropped .2 lbs. For the daily weigh-ins I do that put me at meeting even for the week. I'm still 12lbs lighter than my starting weight of 244 though! Starting to get some of my Christmas shopping done with Amazon Lightning deals. Some of those suckers get eaten up fast! Meal plan for today is actually the exact same as yesterday cause it's kinda what we have around the house. We're going grocery shopping tomorrow.

Meal plan for today:

Snack: Apple Yogurt Smoothie with Granola (5 pp)
Lunch: 3 Tacos (12 pp)
Dinner: Turkey Salad (10 pp)
Snack: Yoplait Light w/ granola (4 pp)

Old 11-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #90  

LaurieDawn - good for you on the scale break-through!

Sunarie and Ciao - I agree on chili! Think it gets a bad rep. Something about it..soup too...that just fills me up. Plus it's a nice shot of protein. Reminds me, I've got to make some for the freezer!

Holding pretty steady at 239.5. Of course would like it to move faster, but I'm happy with it. I'm away for a work trip part of next week. I usually eat fine on the road...too distracted I guess. But I do struggle with the pre-post food when I'm busy packing and making sure hubby knows when/where to get the kids. Or just too exhausted to cook after I return. So, I'm trying to plan a little better this time so that I can return to a nice number on the scale. And, have my yoga on the go now to relax at the hotel.

Have a great weekend everyone!
irishbabe is offline   Reply With Quote