Old 07-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #406  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

LOL Lilith!!! It's from my favorite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's Thank you though, you are sweet! Most people on another forum I frequent shorten it to NNS. It didn't even cross my mind that on a weight loss forum people would probably think it was a dig at myself, eep!

Thank you all SO MUCH for the encouragement. Man, to think I've been on this road for a year and a half...and I still get days like this. They are much fewer and farther between, but they happen, and I pick myself up and move on to the next day. It is so much easier to pick myself up with this wonderful community encouraging me.

Frances, just saw your post. WOW! That is a lot of people to feed! No wonder you're stressed. Hopefully you get it all done and settled in advance so you can really enjoy yourself and your visitors. That's why we do these things to ourselves, right? In the name of making memories and sharing good food with food people. Enjoy

I had my first fast day Monday, which went easily (and is why I was shocked yesterday at my hunger LOL I'm never hungry after a fast actually), tomorrow will be my second for the week. I think after that I can say I'm back to routine.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-02-2014 at 01:12 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #407  
Call me NNS!

192 this morning! I shouldn't have any problem meeting my goal if getting into the 180s by August.

Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #408  

Height: 5'7"

That's great! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Today is our big shindig, so I'll be signing off 'til Monday. I have had some bad eating episodes - I made homemade Oreos (soft and soooo much better than store-bought), but Thursday I ate a lot of dough, PLUS a finished cookie, and yesterday morning I was stressed and ate FOUR (they are considerably bigger than a regular Oreo, too). Sigh. I always do this when I have a stressful social situation coming up. Anyway, today's the party and it's over by Monday, so hopefully I don't have more than a 1 or 2 pound setback!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #409  
Call me NNS!

Hope you had a great time frances!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #410  

Had a great time...TOO great a time. I was so busy and in the kitchen so much of the time and there were so many people that I totally lost sight of my plan (which was to try to stay in control), so I have eaten nothing for the past 2 - 3 days but chips, cookies, and bagels. I figure it's a 3 pound gain - but at least it stops here and I can get back on track asap! Back to the gym tomorrow too. Hope your back-on-plan time is going well!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #411  
Call me NNS!

Frances I'm sure anything you put on will come right back off! Hope today goes well for you with getting back on plan I'm so glad you had a great time!

My first week back was good, but I have been really tired. Hopefully just my body readjusting...I definitely overate last weekend as well. More like overdrank! I'm going away this weekend, and hopefully I can control my eating and drinking a bit more. It seems easier to drink less when I'm not with the boyfriend. We enable each other LOL I'll be staying in a hotel so I will be eating all of my meals out (maybe breakfast at the hotel?), so I might pick up some fruit and healthy snacks to bring along.

I got quite a few compliments on my weight loss last weekend! The one that shocked me most was my boyfriend's friend, he said "How much have you lost? I can tell you have lost a lot of weight!" and he's not the type of person to make comments like that. It felt GOOD. And my best friend complimented me as well.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #412  

Thanks! Ugh, I forgot what it was like to live on carbs. Seriously, I slept from 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. yesterday, up for a few hours and back to bed to sleep all night. Could barely get up this morning and totally dragged through my workout. I *am* back on track, though, but I can't wait to get this stuff out of my system and get back to feeling good/having energy again! I was at 190 last week (again), but to keep myself from feeling discouraged about my gain I may skip my weigh-in for a week or two (but still be on the boards and back on track, of course!). That way I can hopefully see 190 on the scale again when I do get back to weighing!

It's good that you have a plan in place for this weekend! Hope you have a great time!

HOORAY for weight loss compliments! They really are so motivating. Actually, my next "get-together" is Thanksgiving with family out of town, who haven't seen me since I weighed about 220. I want to show up this year at goal (165) and shock people! So I totally understand how you feel about those comments!

Hope you're feeling better/more 'awake' soon!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #413  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!!

Missed you guys! But 3FC was apart of my Weight Loss Blackout. I only logged into MFP to log in calories--banned myself from commenting on friend statuses and reading forum posts there--and honestly some days I did partial tracking or no tracking. My blackout week did not go as I intended ....No, No, , not at all...I overate....okay pigged a bit --For some darn reason, when I remove exercise from a day, my mind gives me license to eat more!!! Isn't it supposed to be that people exercise and then rationalize the need to eat more?? I am so backwards .
Anywho, I definitely did not do as much damage as I thought I would, which strengthens my belief that I have my calories set at a really good sweet spot. I mean, because I ate just about everything my stomach and tongue said it wanted, and they wanted a lot. Today I weighed in at 191, and I am so eager to break into the 180's. I have no further excuses....I can do this !
Oh! But let me tell you my body hated me yesterday--my first official day out of blackout--I worked out and...Somewhere in the middle of working out I realized that maybe I should not have jumped back into my routine and maybe should have eased in --well, I just about killed myself . I had to pause and get myself together in the middle, watch my sweat drip as I sat in a hunched over position and gasping for air, and giving my heart time to settle back into my chest . So yeah, stupid move, but you know how sometimes your mind gets psyched up and is like "YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU ARE SO AMAZING AND STRONG!!"
but your body contradicts and tells your brain,
"She can't, and I don't care how many/much endorphins and adrenaline you psyched her up with"
...Well, I believe that is the convo they had--but I was left out--until I found myself gasping for air .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #414  

Welcome back, MarliQQ! I so feel your pain. After a long weekend of nothing but junk food, I went to TRX on Tuesday and the trainer wiped the floor with me. But at least we're both back on track now!

And good news...despite eating NOTHING Saturday - Monday but bagels, donuts, Doritos, and cookies (wait - with the exception of a cheeseburger/fries/milkshake supper out), I only gained ONE POUND. I am super excited and more than a little incredulous! Working hard to be down that extra pound by Friday!
Old 07-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #415  
"Evolution Required"

Hiya Ladies!

I am in such a good mood today! And I have absolutely no idea why, maybe because it is so nice out today...it certainly isn't because the people I associate with on a daily basis aren't irritating me, because that is not the case....Anywho, I weighed in at 191 again today, but I foresee 190 by tomorrow based off my loss patterns. Then I will be crossing my fingers for some 180 numbers. I have yet to peek at 180! I honestly feel like it is worse when you plateau at the lower end of a decade, because it just feels like the scale is playing with you .
Oh! and for my NSV, yesterday it was hot and muggy, so I threw on a pair of tights to run around the house in. Anywho, I ended up getting sized up and commented on--
"Girl, if you don't do something about them tights--they are turning into pants! At least throw them in the dryer! Do Something!"
--this was of course meant to be a backhanded comment, but it made me smile as I pulled at my "tights" and realized that they weren't doing my legs any justice anymore. And I love my legs! So yeah, I have been holding off on shopping too much while losing weight, but I may just have to go grab a few more things . Unexpected NSV, but I got one!

Frances123 Hunnie! I wish I could tell you what I ate all week, but it would take me too long! And TRX looks hard--is it at least fun??
Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 AM   #416  

MarliQQ - Hooray for NSVs! Gotta love 'em! And I know what you mean about the low end of the decade. I was just telling my husband that I hit ONEDERLAND mid-May, and here it is almost 2 months later and I'm STILL here, because I've had some food mess-ups and all the prep for our big weekend of guests last week. So now we're both back on track...hopefully we can bust through to the 180s within a couple of weeks!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #417  
Call me NNS!

Marli, welcome back! Sounds like you had a good break Woohoo NSV! Thankfully leggings are cheap, and sounds like either way you could use some new ones

Frances, I bet you that one pound is already long gone. Probably just water weight. Wow, Thanksgiving really is gonna be fun huh? You're gonna look smokin'!

I had a great loss last week but I think the additional strength training is catching up and playing with the scale. I knew it would happen, but I really need to stop adding strength when I'm at the end of a decade. Really plays with my head! Hopefully we'll all cross over that threshold soon, but I think it will be at least another week for me. I set my goal at 189 by the end of the month, but I'd rather it be sooner than that. We'll see!

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-10-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #418  

Noname - you are right! I got on the scale today and I'm already at 191. I still am not sure how I could not gain a ton with what I ate. The only thing I can think of is: 1) I exercise like a fiend, so that muscle helps burn calories, even when I'm not exercising; and 2) Since I didn't eat regular meals for the most part, just junk all day, maybe it's that old "a calorie is a calorie, whether it comes from a Twinkie or an apple" situation...maybe I consumed 2500 calories of junk a day, but it was 2500 - 3000 calories, so not really enough to gain. I am really encouraged and ready to bust out of this decade!!

I think you're right about the strength training - I mean when you add it, it does (temporarily) mess up the scale. Because you're getting little tears in your muscles, your body sends water to pad those injuries - or so I've heard - and the scale just stops moving for a while. Meanwhile, you're secretly getting in great shape and one week it will just all be gone and you'll have an amazing loss. Fingers crossed that it comes soon for you!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #419  
Call me NNS!

I'm glad you decided to step on the scale - that is great news! You're right, if you ate at maintenance or even just slightly above it wouldn't do that much damage. Good to know for the future so maybe you will stress less!

I think by the end of this month the scale should even out. You are right about the water retention when muscles are repairing, at least that has been my experience! And my legs are still super sore. I'm supposed to do legs again tonight but I dunno. I'll either have to do a light strength workout or try to figure something out at the hotel gym this weekend to stay on target.

I am just so excited for the 180s. I cannot remember the last time I was there! I didn't weight myself in high school or college, but I'm pretty sure the last time I was in the 180s was probably sophomore year of college so like 9 years ago. Whew! And I thought I was fat then...lol
Old 07-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #420  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies.

I weighed in at 190 today, but am sure there is a high chance I will be 191 tomorrow--again--based on pattern. I wish I could say with confidence that I am going to see 189 tomorrow, but it would fly in the face of my current situation, recent high sodium, "toilet trouble" , and my previous patterns.
If I stay a good girl though I don't see why I can't make it by next Tuesday, my official weigh-in. That would be great...

Frances123 Need that positive energy! We can do this!!! 190's is not at all the monster Onederland was for me, but I sure am giving it energy like it is . No More!

Quote:
I am just so excited for the 180s. I cannot remember the last time I was there! I didn't weight myself in high school or college, but I'm pretty sure the last time I was in the 180s was probably sophomore year of college so like 9 years ago. Whew! And I thought I was fat then...lol
nonameslob YES! I could have wrote that...