Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #391  

Height: 5'7"

WOOOOOOOO! Weigh in today: 190.6. I've officially lost 75 pounds since I began my journey! I am so happy! I was able to button, zip up, and wear a size 10 skirt yesterday. Now, I am not in any of my size 10 jeans yet, but my 12s are getting a little baggier!

MarliQQ - happy belated birthday! I'm glad you got some positive comments from your family members. And aren't you glad you kept with it after your November resolution?
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #392  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

I am up 2lbs again, may be my B-day revenge showing it's face . I am going to be so excited to break into 180's when it happens . I am also so excited to be taking my start of month measurements soon. I suspect that I have made much progress--at least I better have--with all this slowed scale loss going on .

Frances123 Congrats on the 75lbs lost!!! You deserve it! I hope I make it to 180's with you . And yes I am happy I stuck with my goal to the end, and I am not going to let this last 50 beat me either .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #393  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Mari - happy belated birthday!!! I'm sure the effects of your celebration will wear off soon. And wow, you've made great progress since last November. Woohoo! Looks like you'll be at goal weight by your next birthday, easily.

Frances, wow 75 pounds! and so close to being out of this thread! It must be really exciting to be in size 10s.

Hopefully I won't be too far behind you guys! I start back up on the diet on Monday and haven't gained anything on my break so *crosses fingers* hopefully just a few weeks until the 180s.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #394  

Hey MarliQQ! I bet you haven't 'gained' 2 pounds. I kind of went off plan this past weekend and had a ton of carbs. On Monday morning, I weighed in at 194. But I've been super diligent about no bread/sugar this week and I lost the carb bloat. A few days of being back on track and I bet you'll see your true number!

Noname - Thanks! I'm not really in 10s, though. It was just that one skirt. I even have some old size 12s (weird cut, low rise, etc.) that don't fit yet. But I've got my size 10s in my closet, just waiting for me!

I may be hanging around this thread a while longer...we have guests coming in on Saturday (pasta, homemade bread, triple layer lemon cake with 2 pounds of butter...) and then a HUGE group coming in NEXT weekend. I am going to try to stay on track but it's so hard when you're around so much good stuff! Holidays are just tough, period. At least the 4th of July is the last holiday before Halloween/Thanksgiving. I plan to be at GOAL by then!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #395  
"Evolution Required"

nonameslob I better be far into maintenance by my next birthday!! And I am crossing my fingers too, we all deserve to get into the 180's!!

Frances123 I feel for you, guests do throw off the routine. Are you cooking?? If you are, I would make a healthier single serving version of whatever I was cooking. But if you are like me and just like to let go and eat sometimes, go for it! Oh, and I would love to be at goal by Halloween. Not going to happen, but sounds nice. But I for damn sure am shooting for December 31st !! Shoot for the stars!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #396  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

So I am still hovering around 190-192 on any given day . Getting really tired of seeing these numbers, and just tired mentally. So I am taking a break from exercise and just the thought of weight loss for a week. Partially out of curiosity--to check some of my suspicions--but mostly because I think I may need it. I have not taken a full rest week since I started trying to lose weight. Some things are out of whack, and I think I just need to take a breather. This is killing me to even think about right now because I am so goal oriented, but I think I need to force myself to do this. Working out has become a bit of a stress reliever for me, but it is also helping to create a horrible mindset that I need to combat early. So I will be occupying that time with other things for this week-abandoning everything but my calorie counting for a week, should do me good to get my head screwed back on tight.
I will be taking a break from 3FC for that time as well, so if I have not gone absolutely crazy in that time frame, I'll be updating at the end of next week .

Old 06-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 275/275/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Congrats!

Wow- seeing how much you all have lost really gives me hope! Just registered today. I'll have newbie questions, like how often you weigh and the like. I'm just so impressed with your progress - each of you.
withyurhelpfatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #398  

MarliQQ - Yes, I am cooking. We had guests today and I didn't do so great. I had my normal fruit/veggie for lunch, but then they came and I wanted to sit at the table with them while they ate...so I had maybe an ounce of pasta and a slice of bread. Then a slice of cake. Then ANOTHER slice of bread. Then, possibly, another. After they left, since I was on a 'carb roll', I had a gigantic bowl of cereal for supper. It's easy for me to start fresh 'the next day', but it's such a struggle to arrest the bad eating mid-day for me. I hear what you say about a weight loss 'break' and I believe noname is doing something similar. Since we have 55 people coming in this next weekend that I am cooking for (stress!!!), I'm concerned that I won't be able to focus on weight loss but will just need to roll with it. I'm going to give myself a break and just try to do the best I can. If I gain, I gain. Nothing else on the horizon after this so I can get back on track after. I'm going to exercise daily and try to hold it together, though!
Old 06-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #399  
Call me NNS!

Good luck with your breaks ladies! Maybe by the time you guys are back I will have caught up lol doubtful...I am such a slow loser. But I'm okay with that. Back on the horse tomorrow and I cannot wait.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #400  
Call me NNS!

Now, I know Marli and Frances are taking a little break...but is anyone else out there?!

I need support today. I totally overate yesterday which I can't do if I really want to see the 180s this month! 193 by the end of this week would be nice...
Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

^I know I'm not really in this thread, but support is support.

I have a really important rule for myself and it's that if I ever overeat, or overindulge, or binge, or what have you -- I am not allowed to hate myself or feel guilty over it. Guilt just leads to more and it is a vicious cycle for me. Honestly, I think it is a really good rule to live by because no one wants to work with someone who hates them, and this process of losing weight means working one on one with yourself, a lot. You want to be pleasing to work with. Reality is that sometimes we're going to eat more than we should, or worse than we should. It's okay to do that! You have a whole life to live still, and to think that you will never, not one day, overeat is just crazy! We all worry about it, we all go through the emotions you're going through, and it's crazy every time. But all we need is to remember that one day isn't going to undo months of hard work.

I'm alleviating you now. No more feeling bad!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 07-02-2014 at 12:23 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #402  

noname - I am still here!! I am not really taking a break from 3FC or from my program, but rather, a break from stressing out over weigh-ins because this is such a hectic week. I've still been weighing, and because I've been rushing around and actually UNDER-eating (a new one for me), and also because the temperature and humidity has shot way up, AND because I've lost at least 2 pounds/week for the past 3 weeks and am due for a 'stabilization period', I'm not worrying about the numbers (anywhere from 190.8 - 192 so far). I'll be back to worrying again next week!

Sorry you had a bad eating episode. Did something trigger it? Have you been back on track since?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #403  
Call me NNS!

RiotGirl - thank you! I really appreciate the support! Even though I was angry with myself, the GOOD NEWS is I knew that today is a new day and it's not worth beating myself up over. So, yay! I think I was just really worried that getting back from my break was going to be harder than I originally thought, but I've totally got this. Also, look at you! 185! Great work

Frances - What's got you so stressed out? I hope things cool off (um, literally and figuratively!!!) soon for you Good idea to take a mental break from it for a while for sure.

Honestly, I don't know what triggered it. I think I was just honest to goodness HUNGRY. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that. It was just weird and something I haven't felt in a while, to be so insatiable. If I still got my period (IUD) I would guess it was TOM. It was THAT kind of hunger lol but I don't get those symptoms anymore. I'm sure my stomach is still a bit stretched out from my break so that could be part of it too no doubt. My fast tomorrow should help with that as well.

Today's been good! Just ate my smoothie for lunch and I'm feeling full. Have dinner in the crock pot for tonight and will do my second day of strength this evening and then hibernate in the air conditioning the rest of the night...
Old 07-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #404  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi noname (I refuse to call you a slob - why do you have such a disparaging username anyway?) Lets change it to nonamebeautifulgoddess

We have a pretty active group in the 180's thread - I'm sure you can join us as you work toward the 180's.

Overate yesterday? Eh, don't let it affect today! You got this. Half the battle is getting back on track when we slip. The way I look at it during particularly challenging days is 'hey I'm not gaining so that's good'. The big difference this time for me is that I'm not totally throwing in the towel when I have a bad day. The old mean would have said screw it and ordered a pizza the next day, and the next, and the next.

You got this!
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #405  

noname - I think that sometimes we are just HUNGRY and those are the times where it's okay to eat a little more, you know? I wouldn't beat yourself up. It sounds like you've done a great job of getting right back on track! Check in and let us know how your first fast day back goes!

Stress = 60 people coming to our house for the weekend and needing to be fed. To save money, I'm doing a taco bar, but that means cooking 16 pounds of hamburger (and caramelizing 2 - 3 pounds of onions to go in it), cooking and shredding 10 pounds of chicken, making 6 pounds of rice (and the onions again), PLUS a million desserts (muffins, cupcakes, 3 batches of cookies, a sheet cake) - all made in advance, portioned out, and frozen. There's all the prep work that's waiting for me day-of (making guacamole, slicing a billion onions, making sure the hot food gets and stays hot and the cold food stays cold) - plus there's the scrubbing down of the entire house, a billion loads of laundry, washing windows, prepping the guest room and sleeping spaces, getting the cats set up in a new room, and the EXTERIOR - we live on 2 wooded acres and the place is a mess with fallen branches and leaves, so I have to leaf-blow the whole property and replant some flowers. Then there's breakfast the next day (breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt)...but, you know, gotta make sure things run smoothly. I feel like I've got everything running smoothly so far, but I'm not a very outgoing person and while I *love* having company, big crowds make me a little uncomfortable. My husband is super helpful but he's actually going to be gone until the morning of. He doesn't mind if the house is scrubbed or the property is tidy, but I'm super particular about everything being 'perfect' when company comes. So I'm taking lots of breaks, but it's definitely a busy time!