Old 08-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #496  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

nonameslob Yes, a girlfriend of mine, but I mean she is not the only person to make comments about my weight loss, but the "unhealthily skinny" was a new one. Usually it is my family to make such comments, and my friends less so, but they do. And I probably can think of a nicer way to have a chat with them, but when my pot starts to rumble, it's hard not to reach boiling point .
I can only imagine that maybe she and others have made similar comments because of how I carry my weight, which is towards my middle and back....I do know for example that my already broad shoulders have become more pronounced, my arms and wrists which were already small got way smaller. I can't even fathom what they will look like in 20-30 lbs, because I don't think they can get any bonier. Then there are my legs, I carry my weight on them at the thighs, and genetically, just like all my siblings we don't have to do very much for killer calfs..........As you can see, I have been obsessively staring in the mirror trying to see what others see...
Again like I told one of my friends I am not losing weight to look good clothed! I want to look damn good naked. Why be envious of anybody else's body when I am still young enough to achieve my own ideal?? You only live once.

And Bravo! on your face pics! You are so pretty. That must make you so happy to see the difference...but you before was pretty too.
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:09 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! Thought I would join into these threads. I'm currently at around 195 and kind of stuck there. My recent lowest was 192 (so close to getting out of the 190s!), but I climbed back up to 194.9. Hopefully joining in can keep me motivated enough to try and get back on track!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Ok girls, I finally faced the scale this morning and I am back to 197. I was really afraid it was going to be worse than that, but it shouldn't have been an "up"...it should have been a "down!" I can only blame myself. I know that foods are sneaking in here and there and I try to tell myself that a little bit won't hurt. But in my heart, I know it does. So I'm back on track today.

Noname, thank you for giving me the nudge to get me back to the thread. Reading and posting every day keeps me in the mode to be more careful what I eat. I LOVED seeing your before/after face pics. It is an amazing change. I'm hoping some day I can show you before/afters, too!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I just read through all the posts I've missed. You guys are doing so well! Inspire me!

I have pretty much given up sweets but I still need the fizz of diet Coke. DH doesn't understand that. I have been drinking diet Coke since it came out years ago. I love to feel the fizz in my throat and just can't give it up. When I need that fizz in my throat, nothing else satisfies. I drink a couple every day. I'm trying to increase my water, but I'll never give up diet Coke completely.

Marli, I don't understand people's need to comment on your weight loss. My best retort would be to say "Which would you rather look like, me or you?" If they are smaller than you, of course they are not going to choose you. And if they are bigger than you and say they would rather stay that way, they are lying. There may be people who have learned to be comfortable with their weight, but no one wants to be fat. Of course, just once, I would like to hear someone tell me I'm getting too thin. LOL

I promise I won't go AWOL again, and I will stick to plan and join all of you in the 180s!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #500  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Marli I totally understand picking apart your body like that. I do it too. Never used to, but I guess weight loss has made me hyper aware. Just keep dong what you are doing for YOU and ignore those comments!

Levoguette nice to see you here! You can do it!

Wannabe I'm so glad to see you're back as far as the diet coke, I know there's a ton of controversy but if it helps you lose weight I honestly think it is worth it. It would be like trying to quit smoking while losing weight!

Thank you all for the compliments!

Ok, i have a NSV. I ordered a size 12 dress on ebay thinking it would be too small but would fit soon. I put it on and it was quite tight, but as planned I think it will fit in another 10 pounds. Then I looked at the tag...omg you guys. It was a UK size 12, which is a US size 8! Never in my life did I think I could fit a size 8 over my head lol now I know a size 12 in this particular brand will fit me (the brand does run a bit large). I also picked up a few other size 12s at goodwill today that should fit soon. I was 15 the last time I wore a 12!

Hope everyone is having a good, healthy weekend. I just made a homemade batch of pickles from homegrown cucumbers. They will be a nice low cal snack
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #501  

Height: 5'7"

Hello, all, I'm back! I think the weekend went well eating-wise. I was fairly moderate every day (except one day when I had 2 scoops of ice cream and a big cookie sandwich), and I hiked at least 8 miles a day. I'm all carb-bloated now but hoping for maybe a loss this week?? At least not a gain. Fingers crossed. It's a really stressful time. One of my best friends lost her dad this weekend, and another friend was ditched by her fiance. My grandma died, too, and my mother and aunt are fighting over her body (one wants cremation, one wants burial, neither can afford to pay for it). Super stressful. I am focusing on getting back on track with my eating and not getting dragged into the drama. My body holds onto weight like crazy when I'm stressed but I'm hopeful that things will wind down soon.

Welcome, levoguette, and welcome back, wannabehealthy!

Noname - what a great NSV!!!! Congrats! Your pictures are great. You can totally tell that you've lost!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #502  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back Frances! With 8 miles a day I'm sure you did just fine. Has the scale leveled out yet? Sounds like a great trip.

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress and losses. So sorry about your grandma It seems like you have a good head on your shoulder for dealing with the stress right now.

Speaking of stress, seems to be winding down here. However, while I thought I would have all this time in August to boost my workout routine, it appears to be the opposite. I'll just go with the flow and focus on my diet as I usually do. Whatever workouts I fit in, that's great, but maybe it's just a sign that I should take things as they go instead of stressing myself out to meet my "goals"!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #503  

Height: 5'7"

Carb bloat finally gone! I'm still grumpy about my slow loss right now, though.

7/25: 185.6
7/31: 186.2
today: 185.6

At least my 'official' weigh in isn't until Friday. I hope to be 184-something by then! Things are definitely better today stress-wise. Glad to hear yours is lower too! I think just focusing on eating, rather than what you CAN'T fit in right now, is a great idea!

How are you doing, MarliQQ? Wannabehealthy? Levoguette?
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #504  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

I did not update too much over the weekend, but I hit 184 and I am still 184 today! I am on track to see 170's by the end of August and I am excited! Actually I set a very ambitious goal of 176 by the end of August. Would love to hit that number, and I believe that I can if I stay focused and not get stressed out by life in general....
I pigged this weekend at my Family Reunion, had too much of this red velvet cake with the best icing ever, barbecue, potato salad--my fav, but I did leave the alcohol alone and believe me it was hard. We have some real bartenders in my family who can mix you up a wonderful summertime treat!

Frances123 You have done an amazing job keeping your weight down while away! I hope you had a marvelous time . And I hope your family is able to work through all the grief I know how family can get, so if staying out of the family drama works best for you, keep doing that hun.

nonameslob You may just need another mental break from the idea of weight loss. We have been doing this for months! I know it feels like a never-ending marathon, but we will make it through .
Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #505  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

I thought I would start us a new thread since we have surpassed 500 posts!

New Thread: Getting out of the 190's!! Together We Will Shine!